PDA

View Full Version : Cinematic-ish 2D Combo by Asuq

Asuq
09-03-2014, 09:45 PM
Click to watch :3 (http://asuq.hyunsdojo.com/showcase/a4cad9920572e585_4eeacf9e/)
Movements practice witha cinematic twist :D :p please also tell wat u liked about this short <3 yo just - please tell me what catogery i fit in :D pro intermediate or beginner

Phantom Ace
09-04-2014, 07:22 AM
I'd say that your level is at intermediate. You kind of inspire me. I like your fighting style. Keep up the good work. :D

Exile
09-04-2014, 12:34 PM
categories are meaningless, don't waste time worrying about them. analyze your own work and decide for yourself what it is you want to improve on, and then do it.

considering the length (barely 3 seconds) the animation looks very rushed, that second kick is practically 1 frame with very little anticipation leading into it. the v-cam is extremely jerky too, makes it hard to tell what's going on. you seem like you're using it along with an exaggerated style to avoid animating actual movements, which is kind of weird to do in what's supposed to be "movements practice", I can't really see the actual punches or kicks as they're happening.

acb
09-04-2014, 05:05 PM
I can't see the punches or kicks happening, it might be because your reactions aren't subtle enough to tell..
You could try animating the combo and reactions without double framing any of it until you're completely done animating the movements ( I mean once you've animated the whole combo, then start to double frame where and if it's needed).

What also might help you is if you animated it as if it were in slow motion, because you're using a high frame rate the animation won't tell the difference until you double frame and add shakes (adding shakes helps loads for good impact, not necessary for combos but they sure do help)

http://www.allstephpratt.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/milkshake2.jpg

Asuq
09-04-2014, 05:47 PM
@Castro > thnx man :D

@Exilement > Ill work on it - thnx for the CnC - im still adapting to a style and the V-cam is perfered by me like that c: put ill try to make it more smooth so other people can enjoy c:

@Acbeam > :O i see the mistakes now ill work on it - ur CnC really helps- TY

Damian
09-04-2014, 08:30 PM
The animation doesn't seem to be loading. Not sure if the problem is just mine but, do you have an alternate link?

Asuq
09-05-2014, 08:51 AM
hnmm ... the animation is really high graphic - plus my pc was formatted so dnt haz the anim

Ipman
09-05-2014, 08:56 AM
that animation is cool actually XD, im not really an expert but.. try slowing the attacks a little.. but thats me, and i suck at animating... but i love your style btw :P