PDA

View Full Version : Room 107 (horror-based sfx experiment)

Chewy
09-18-2014, 02:18 AM
http://chewyfa.deviantart.com/art/Room-107-482928707

Started out as a background, ended up as an animation where I just messed around with sound effects. There isn't much animation, it mainly focuses on the sfx. I advise you to use headphones.

Ipman
09-18-2014, 03:28 AM
wow... just watching that gives me goosebumps.... anyway.. thats cool! i think you should make a horror game! if you have time xD

Irian
09-18-2014, 02:35 PM
*suspects jumpscare
*exits immediately

lol the background looks pretty amazing

Ruke
09-19-2014, 08:14 AM
I was watching this alone, in a dark place(lights off i mean), i wore my headphone just as you said........ turned my volume up.....I died.. lol
btw, thats some awesome background you did!! and the bass were really done great!!

Chewy
09-19-2014, 10:48 AM
haha, thanks man. I had alot of fun experimenting with this so there might be another one on the way (not with jump scares again so don't worry.)

Ssosme
09-19-2014, 12:43 PM
Crap you, LOL XD

I was scared, and preparing for a jumpscare, It was getting a little slow so I scrolled down a tad bit to see comments, then it does the jumpscare and I freaking jumped XD Lol make a horror game NOW!!!

Nicely done on sound effects!

Arch-Angel
09-19-2014, 02:12 PM
I'm upset :( The lightning is cool and I dig the sound effects but I don't really like the overall quality of it D: Not saying it could be better but I feel like it's kinda simple.

Chewy
09-19-2014, 02:41 PM
Thanks Arch. What exactly do you mean by not liking the overall quality? You just don't like it or do you feel like it's missing something? Since I feel like creating a another thing like this in the future what would you like to see? More animation? More scary stuff?

Arch-Angel
09-19-2014, 04:04 PM
Idk, aside from the lights that make it hard to see anything, it really just looks like you put blood all over the place and that's about it. There doesn't seem to be anything else going on with the background itself.

Chewy
09-20-2014, 11:49 AM
I see what you mean, and putting blood all over the place is exactly what I did haha. But yeah, I'll try and make the next background feel a little bit more like it's actually animated, which was kind of difficult with this one since the doors were all in one symbol and I was just too lazy to break everything apart.

Maybe I should also add a button to adjust the brightness as well, since I can see everything fine on my screen but when I watch it somewhere else (on a computer in my school for example) it's really dark.

poppetje3D
09-26-2014, 06:03 AM
I was so creeped out by this, Great job. You never dissapoint.