PDA

View Full Version : BlackvsRed Unrusting Animation

Fenix
01-04-2015, 08:32 PM
Hello! Trying to get back into animating, slowly but surely

My first animation in a couple years ... but anyways enjoy some fast paced stick vs stick combat!

http://sta.sh/02bndtc23zgj

Lamitrov
01-05-2015, 12:46 AM
I must ask, How do you do the negative area effect like that? i've been search far and wide. but have found crap so far. (Also i enjoyed it :D- Though i can't Cnc since i'm just a beginner so my opinions/view wouldn't be accurate)

Ipman
01-05-2015, 01:14 AM
I must ask, How do you do the negative area effect like that? i've been search far and wide. but have found crap so far. (Also i enjoyed it :D- Though i can't Cnc since i'm just a beginner so my opinions/view wouldn't be accurate)

Check out Hyun's tutorials.. He has a couple of those

RuDe
01-05-2015, 02:20 PM
AWESOME!!! Though it almost seemed that after a while both sticks stretched out a bit , But still AWESOME!!

MGOBLUE-REDWING
01-15-2015, 07:20 PM
Great Animation Dude!

Lamitrov
01-15-2015, 07:23 PM
Check out Hyun's tutorials.. He has a couple of those

ahhh thanks Ip for the tip. xD

Azure
01-15-2015, 08:52 PM
It's a good short fight. Not sure if you're looking for CnC, but I'll provide some anyways!

To begin, you have to be careful in terms of resizing in terms of character and the room. The negative space effect is nice, but it when switching around and using it, you have to note how much space your characters take up in it, unless they notice the distortions too. Also, in the dialogue, it should have been "too" when he said "Me too." In terms of the characters resizing, you're consistent while they're in the same scene, but when you change something, their body portions change as well. Like I said, it was only when you changed perspectives or the characters moved around a lot, but it was pretty noticeable. Lastly, the spinal break. It didn't really seem natural, and I was kinda confused as to the actual breaking. Dunno a decent place to study that kind of thing, aside from Mortal Kombat, but just work on it and it'll get better.

Overall, though, the easing was on point, things weren't too confusing, the style and effects were pretty cool (I particularly enjoyed the little moving smiley), and the SFX and it didn't feel rushed, like you actually put effort into it.