PDA

View Full Version : Quick Pivot practice

Setto
01-15-2015, 06:48 PM
I made a quick test I might edit it and add some more to it later but Not now >.>
Only spent like half an hour on dis so >.>
http://i.imgur.com/FyKf24N.gif
Dang it forgot to lower speed now It's too fast >:0

Drone
01-16-2015, 12:45 AM
None of the movements flow into each other at all and there is little to no proper easing while transitioning between moves.
Now, when I say the moves dont flow int each other, what I mean is you're completely disregarding momentum. When something moves it has momentum, and in animation one of the things you need to think about while coming up with a combo or really any set of movements is whether or not the movement or attack you just dide makes sense when you consider the speed, direction and power of the previous one. A kick into an uppercut makes no sense in terms of a well flowing combo because there's no proper flow of momentum between the two moves. In order for the two to be together, the figure has to first come to a dead stop then start moving again, which is what we usually call stop and go around here and it looks pretty bad.
Now, moving on from momentum, something you seriously need to work on is foot placement and balance, especially with those two punches. There's absolutely no way he did those attacks without falling forward on his face, he was so off balance. One thing that plays a big part in blance is your foot placement of course, and at the angle you had both of his legs it makes no sense that he could remain upright. As a matter of fact, that little hop he does between punches makes absolutely no sense, if he had propelled himself upwards with his legs at that point he would have been met with a face full of ground, these are things to consider.
Well those are the major issues, but there are still more problems I'd like to address. One of them being that you seriously need more frames for your movememts, this animation is really choppy. You also need to try and make your movements more lifelike, because right now everything looks stiff as a board and unrealistic. I say this literally all the time but you need to envision what a move should look like if YOU were doing it, and then once you figured that out, then you animate the move. The problem most beginners face is trying to figure out how to make a stick figure do something instead of thinking about what it would take to actually preform something and then attempting to recreate it.
and lastly, and this might just be a personal nitpick, but stop. with. the speed lines and the dashing about. At this stage,that really just comes off as lazy animation, since it seems to me you ran out of ideas so you just did random shit there at the end and that doesn't fly, it's really noticeable. And even if it wasn't lazy animating and you seriously thought it looked cool, just don't. There are ways to make dashing and faster than usual movements look cool and good, but you have to know what you're doing first, it's not something you should be repeatedly doing while trying to learn how to do the basics because you'll get yourself into some bad habits that'll be seriously hard to get out of.
at least imo

Setto
01-16-2015, 05:15 AM
Oh. So there wus stop and go, the foot placement was off, the dash part wasnt good, and the movements didn't flow.
I'm still a newbie >w< I'm not really good with combos either so thats why I tried q.q to make one

TheLegendA
01-16-2015, 06:18 AM
OK i think im sure you don't even know what easing means or stiff means...Even If you know im still goin to tell

Easing - something that is slow and go fast and slow again

Stiff - Not moving every body parts of the stick figure.

Note: you need to move every body parts of the stickfigure, and try to ease way more and you will then, BOOM Something just Changed!

OH YEAH.. your animation was about 85% choppy. (Welld thats what ithink!)
(if the meaning of easing or stiff was wrong pls pm meh}

I hope this helps.

mizu
01-16-2015, 12:00 PM
OK i think im sure you don't even know what easing means or stiff means...Even If you know im still goin to tell

Easing - something that is slow and go fast and slow again

Stiff - Not moving every body parts of the stick figure.

Shit explanation, check zeds tutorial he goes into pretty deep detail about it.

Basics. Do simple tests learning how to move a stick smoothly. You problem is you don't know what smoothness is. Keep it simple man.

Setto
01-16-2015, 01:57 PM
Thanks mizu kinda >.>
I'm actually reading some tuts right now after looking at this thread So Maybe then I can make another test <.<
EDIT* Dis any better er?
http://i.imgur.com/PRXlRAY.gif

An Asian Potato
02-13-2015, 09:39 PM
Thanks mizu kinda >.>
I'm actually reading some tuts right now after looking at this thread So Maybe then I can make another test <.<
EDIT* Dis any better er?
http://i.imgur.com/PRXlRAY.gif

Well, it is better, and I'm not one to talk, but you add the shaky hit effect at the punch, I would add it when he drops his foot down in the kick, instead of the punch, to make it seem like he really slammed his foot into the ground hard. An example would be like this, I made this animation a while back, it's stiff and stuff, but it works I guess, although the power hit effect is pretty soft. Oh, and this animation is unfinished, I just wanted to show you the kick.
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2015/044/b/e/moves_by_anasianpotato-d8hw9rc.gif