PDA

View Full Version : Alright well theres this

EarthquakeAnims
01-28-2015, 02:29 PM
http://sta.sh/045afsw7ta6

It sucks. So I just posted this. I practiced for like a month then looked back at this then looked at Resh and it sucks.

It was supposed to be a tryout to rebellion.
But it sucks.

if you wanna cnc anything maybe the smoke and face idk
cuz thats the only thing i have not improved on

ill upload another unfinished p.o.s later that I did earlier before this that's even worse

Drone
01-28-2015, 02:57 PM
You don't ask for cnc on just what you haven't improved on, you ask for cnc everything so that you can improve further
I can't see the animation right now cus I'm on my phone, but maybe later I'll drop some cnc, however much I think is necessary

EarthquakeAnims
01-28-2015, 09:37 PM
You don't ask for cnc on just what you haven't improved on, you ask for cnc everything so that you can improve further
I can't see the animation right now cus I'm on my phone, but maybe later I'll drop some cnc, however much I think is necessary

alright cool thanks.

Alien
01-29-2015, 05:57 AM
alright cool thanks.

sarcasm?

EarthquakeAnims
01-29-2015, 10:37 AM
sarcasm?

nope .-.
Bruh, if you're here you should cnc
I need help from good animators like you.

Exile
01-29-2015, 02:36 PM
why do you think the animation sucks? can you identify the problems with it?

it's one thing to not be satisfied with your work despite your best efforts, but you don't even sound like you're trying. is this really the best you can do? if so, why are you being so hard on yourself? and if not, why are you even sharing this? if it's not your best effort then criticism is useless, the problem is you, not your technique.

just some things to consider. I'll watch it when I get a chance.

Irian
01-31-2015, 02:56 PM
Don't be too hard on yourself comparing to others. We can all be like
*watches Terkoiz
"I suck" and then you just feel bad

Root
01-31-2015, 03:25 PM
I don't see what you think is particularly bad about this.

Thing I liked:
- The execution of the dash effects were cool.
- The smoke effects were nice, but would be better with shading.
- The scene where he is flying back is so awesome.
- The perspective when he throws the shuriken.
- The shading of the heads.
- The worm's eye view of him falling.
- Those cool facial expressions.

Things to work on:
- I think that he stops a bit too suddenly during the front view after he is flying backwards. Try to ease him into a stop.
- The last two explosions look a bit off.
- Over use of dash effects. I know it is a style thing, but still.
- Try to lower the amount of perspective on the forward run. Try to ease it more, too.
- There were a few places where people seem to simply break into an action, without much easing.
- There seems to be a lot of running, jumping, and colliding, but it would be nice to see and actual combo or two.

EarthquakeAnims
02-03-2015, 06:22 PM
I don't see what you think is particularly bad about this.

Thing I liked:
- The execution of the dash effects were cool.
- The smoke effects were nice, but would be better with shading.
- The scene where he is flying back is so awesome.
- The perspective when he throws the shuriken.
- The shading of the heads.
- The worm's eye view of him falling.
- Those cool facial expressions.

Things to work on:
- I think that he stops a bit too suddenly during the front view after he is flying backwards. Try to ease him into a stop.
- The last two explosions look a bit off.
- Over use of dash effects. I know it is a style thing, but still.
- Try to lower the amount of perspective on the forward run. Try to ease it more, too.
- There were a few places where people seem to simply break into an action, without much easing.
- There seems to be a lot of running, jumping, and colliding, but it would be nice to see and actual combo or two.

best cnc ever^ thanks man. I'll try to put these things into account.

Well I guess a majority of people like it so it's just me then. Perhaps I clicked ctrl+enter a few hundred too many times

Drone
02-03-2015, 06:35 PM
I actually don't like it very much. My major problems with it are, it suffers from looking a bit too generic, it's got the same cinematics that I've seen so many times before and on top of that, the music doesn't compliment the action very well even though it's fast paced.
Getting into specifics, almost everything in the animation lacks proper force and easing, none of the hits actually felt like they packed a punch, and moments that were supposed to look cool suffered because of that. Some of the angles were pretty off too perspective wise, specifically that forward running shot near the middle. Overall, most of the movement is choppy as well, which isn't technically always a bad thing since it''s the idea of the motion that counts the most, especially at your level, but here with you trying to do so much your animation really suffered because of that lack of frames
also, the eyes are pretty badly done, they kinda look out of place and barely move at all, they're just like stapled onto the face
if you're gonna do eyes you've gotta go that extra mile so they look nice otherwise it's better if they aren't there at all

EarthquakeAnims
02-03-2015, 11:37 PM
I actually don't like it very much. My major problems with it are, it suffers from looking a bit too generic, it's got the same cinematics that I've seen so many times before and on top of that, the music doesn't compliment the action very well even though it's fast paced.
Getting into specifics, almost everything in the animation lacks proper force and easing, none of the hits actually felt like they packed a punch, and moments that were supposed to look cool suffered because of that. Some of the angles were pretty off too perspective wise, specifically that forward running shot near the middle. Overall, most of the movement is choppy as well, which isn't technically always a bad thing since it''s the idea of the motion that counts the most, especially at your level, but here with you trying to do so much your animation really suffered because of that lack of frames
also, the eyes are pretty badly done, they kinda look out of place and barely move at all, they're just like stapled onto the face
if you're gonna do eyes you've gotta go that extra mile so they look nice otherwise it's better if they aren't there at all

exactly what i thought. Ill go and work on easing and faces more. thanks!

Captainalien72
02-04-2015, 01:47 AM
I'd agree with Drone on the parts about cinematics and pace.

Also, it feels like I'm watching a lower quality version/rip-off of something SJT15 would do. Like one of those "Made In China" products which is ironic, because apparently all the Asian animators are the best ones around here.

b33p3r
02-10-2015, 10:51 PM
I Just watched this and convinced myself that I suck... So please don't be feeling down.