PDA

View Full Version : Good Ol' 2D

frNME
01-30-2015, 03:57 AM
Decided to take a break from doing FTC to whip up this baby.
I can definitely see my own improvements as well as many things that I can still improve upon.
As always CnC is welcome and appreciated.

http://frnme.deviantart.com/art/COMBOOOO-510527467
sorry for the lazy finisher

Tun3
01-30-2015, 08:29 AM
Nice camera work and movements. I Like that finisher too. Your effects man. Gj & keep going!

Alien
01-31-2015, 12:01 PM
For the finisher effect, there's too much going on. Some of it is, in my opinion, unnecessary. Like the bevel, the shadow, and the glare from the energy. Also the invert and vcam at the end was bad, did you double frame on one of the vcam movements?
Anyways nice job on the rest of the animation, nice execution and depth

frNME
01-31-2015, 01:58 PM
No I didn't double-frame the V-Cam. Does it look like it stops for too long at a point? Not sure how I could fix that.
As for the finisher effects, I always intended for my RHG's energy to look over-the-top but Maybe the shadow was overdoing it, huh?
I'd also like to get other opinions though.

Drone
02-01-2015, 09:06 PM
Yeah, a bit too much going on in the end there tbh
but your movements are alright, although some of them could use more frames. At some points I felt like you were doing just the bare minimum and it could have been a lot smoother if you had went that extra mile.
Also, ease up on the tilting of the v-cam huh? It doesn't look that great when it happens when nothing is really going on, like at the beginning there