PDA

View Full Version : RHG Community Suggestions

Drone
03-26-2015, 05:20 PM
As the title states, this thread is purely for suggestions related to the RHG system (Clans, Characters, Battles) and what you as an RHGer or even someone interested in the system think could be improved in their regard.
Recently I've noticed a lot of people who are unsatisfied with how RHG works as of right now, how similar/standard the gladiators are and how clans seem to be losing their touch,
Well in an effort to keep such discussions out of clan pages and foster actual productivity instead of useless back and forth debate I encourage you bring any such complaints here so that they can be properly considered.
I of course can't make any changes to the system myself but I shall act as a proxy for you guys and bring up anything that I see as a major/valid concern or suggestion for discussion

As would be expected, any conversation not pertaining to RHG will not be tolerated, anyone that posts here without the intent to seriously suggest something or add on to an ongoing discussion will be infracted.
Similarly, from this point on if I see discussion pertaining to this subject outside of this thread, you will be infracted, since I would like to keep clan pages and RHG pages clear of such clutter, thank you.

Want to discuss StickPage in general? Go here! (http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?92719-StickPage-Related-Discussion)

RichardLongflop
03-26-2015, 05:36 PM
Here's one. Just a tiny itty-bitty.

CHARACTER STANDARDS!

I plan on making a thread sometime addressing what I feel makes a good, creative gladiator. Yes yes, shush about people doing what they feel best animating. You have to think about the person you're battling, too. People could get tired after fighting Speedy McElectricLongsword for the tenth time in a row. No, I don't expect everyone to read it, just people who want to have a guy or gal that others will adore and will be hella fun and creative to use. Yes yes, there are people who like to animate what they're comfortable with like electricity and speed, shush. This isn't for them. I don't care about them. They are all dead to me. I only care about those who care.

Basic idea:

A character is formed of a primary power- their main ability- a secondary power- something relating to the primary- and a physical enhancement- like armour, speed, strength. Imagine how creative you can get with this. I'd be posting tons of examples but that's for the thread I'll eventually make, as well as a boatload of weapon ideas. And it balances itself, if you follow my ideas for weaknesses somewhere down below.

Ranting time:

I'm tired of seeing people do multiple things for multiple outcomes. Why not have one ability that can be creatively used to deal with multiple things, instead of having one spell/power/whatever to deal with each individually?

Also I dislike detailed weapons because consistant artstyles but what are you gonna do. people are just gonna keep doing what they think is k00l in regards to weapons.

But pls calm down on the weird warped swords and think more of original powers? or original twists on cliché powers. There are a near-endless supply of different weapons out there, why do you have to make some edgy original shite!? There's whip-swords, katars, greatmaces, chakrams, and so many types of gun that your mind will be boggled at them.

Also, being human. I've had my say in this many times. YOUR CHARACTER IS ASSUMED TO BE HUMAN. Mine isn't human, and you know what? I SAY IT. Every goddamn character that struts through the door is going to be human unless stated otherwise, so if your weakness list consists soley of "hes human lol" please find a cactus and shove it up your smallest orifice.

Weaknesses, too. There's a difference between a weakness and a limit. EXAMPLE TIME: A guy with a revolver. The limit: Six shots. The weakness: easily slapped out of his hand. You can take it from him and kill him with it easily. See the difference? The limit is still a power. It's limited to six shots but they still can kill. A weakness is something that works around that, something that renders it useless, something that makes the character actuall vulnerable.
Edit on this part since people are dumdums: I'm not saying remove limits. I'm saying have weaknesses. I see too many characters that are "Being Human" alongside a bunch of limits. Limits belong more in the Abilities section, too.

So those are a few of my things. Biggest suggestion? Standards. Or at least some people who actually want to make gladiators better instead of being all "nice RHG" and enabling something that's utterly bullshittingly overdone. I'm not asking you to lock threads of people who are doing the same thing others have done hundreds of times, oh no. That'd be pretty hitler. I'm asking to put up a thread somewhere that would address creativity for some who care, something that could possibly up the character standards.

HintHunter
03-26-2015, 07:22 PM
All i want is some kind of matchmaking system that will match me vs guy of my skill or at least similar skill, also for the clans i dont like whole idea of it...closed grope that shares no help with anyone is not really good for new people who just got into animating, i asking bunch of questions for help and advice and i get it very few times, also commeting on other people rhg and saying "What a cool rhg i wish you luck in the next battles bla bla bal" is also kinda getting anoying we have visitors msg for that or the irc, also you guys need to make a way to making battle vs another rhg is more easy to ask and respond to it, over private msg is a just a pain and visitor msg most of the time does not leave notification...that is my overall opinion.

Hewitt
03-26-2015, 07:49 PM
So you linked us here, but didn't bother to paste the very fruitful conversation me and mark were having about clans. (http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?51426-THE-CRYSIS-Full&p=1330091&viewfull=1#post1330091) I think the frontpage would benefit knowing a little about it.

tl;dr, There should be a regulatory method for keeping Clans around. They have to be producing a certain output in the duration that a Clan first starts, just to show that they are a legit clan. There should also be pre-requisites for starting a Clan, mainly that you have a few battles under your belt or have an animation output equivalent to show for.

Asuq
03-26-2015, 08:28 PM
skill cap before anyone creating a clan or an rhg. that is the only thing that irritates me.

generalZ
03-27-2015, 12:39 AM
I feel like people should have the right to create what they want without being harassed or insulted for it. maybe there should be a rule or something and people that are posting just to say ''this rhg is generic, it sucks alpaca balls'' could get infracted depending on the gravity of what they said.
Also, maybe there could be more clan events? What I mean by that is, I recently realized that there was events in the official clan announcement section thingy and I find it really interesting.... only problem being, it is really innactive.
Other then that, RHG are great.

quinsilva
03-27-2015, 02:07 AM
Honestly RHGT would have been fun but it died way too quickly, even clans now-a-days are loosing there gusto. Maybe implementing some type of king of the hill system with benefits would revive clans to be a more active section. RHGT died in my opinion because it was ahead of its time but a simpler monopoly type concept may adhere to the general public of RHG. Clans are registered into a system as with the ID cards. A list is kept of all the registered clans who are given a set # of points.They are then susseptable to enter clan tournaments separated by section (Noth tournament, south tournament etc.... Each tournament will pit member vs member one on one for two week periods. Overall clan scores decide who moves on. Although the final round would be a collaborative battle each clan submitting one animation from the whole group of that group vs the other. Winner of the final round can either win a prize, get the anim featured w/e. Now for where the points come into play, they are earned by outside battles between members and are used to buy special slots into the tournament for example 50 points to skip round one. The cards can set the worth of each member in with accordance to the clan. Leaders worth 20, co-leaders 10 and members 5. Idk just an idea

Hewitt
03-27-2015, 02:11 AM
I feel like people should have the right to create what they want without being harassed or insulted for it. maybe there should be a rule or something and people that are posting just to say ''this rhg is generic, it sucks alpaca balls'' could get infracted depending on the gravity of what they said.

There already is a rule against that.

Its your faults for not reporting it properly if you're still seeing shit like that happen.

Honestly RHGT would have been fun but it died way too quickly,

Strictly speaking, RHGT died because stone has to take care of his kid.

Longterm speaking, RHGT died because it needed alot of moving parts to work and as soon as the main cog ceased to function, the rest of the gears fell into disrepair.

DiPi
03-27-2015, 10:53 AM
Been waiting for something like this by a long time
Or better, been waiting for a Nish-like-posts proof thread by a long time
Anyway, my thoughts about this

RHG Characters

From what I read, the general opinion I got here about RHGs is about 3 main problems:
-Too many complicated RHGs
-Too many overused themes
-Too many low-level (we could say) RHGs

I'm gonna go 1 at the time
Except the weakness parts, which I'm gonna say something about it here. By taking back something Hewitt once wrote (or so I think), making a "Weakness must be as much relevant/powerful as the Powers/Abilities" rule should solve it

Too many complicated RHGs

Basically, an RHG character info is meant so that it can be found interesting and entertaining by others and most importantly it's something the one who made it likes it in the first place. However, one thing that many noticed is that when people make one they automatically go into a weird phase that I think it can be summarized in this way
Got a problem?
Don't solve it
Just smash the most you can on it so that he truly becomes undefeatable
Briefly, when people generally make their character and notice something that, by logic thinking, should overpower it, instead of rethinking their character, modifying him a little or simply accepting that kind of weakness, they start adding, adding and adding, to the point that he has so many things that resembles a shounen manga/anime protagonist (some of the most hideous bastards around)
On this point, I think that maybe WafflesMgee's idea might be good (about giving them limited powers (a main and a secondary)), though I think it must be worked on, since (1) I can't think how should the 2 differentiate each other (2) I don't think that the "physical" thing should be made (since animation is about movement (let's not forget that))(and even so, everyone will get speed anyways) (3) limiting people choices might hinder them into making a good RHG (I mean, Anubis' character sas a lot of things, but he's quite cool I guess)(this is connected to the "execution" factor (a theme is interesting depending on how people execute it))

Too many overused themes

About this one, I don't think there is actually an answer: I know that many people always use the same things over and over again, but it's not like you can tell them to not do that (you can limit the number of options on a character, but not what should those options be about, since otherwise it's like you're the one making RHGs for others)
The only thing I can think about this "problem" is that it is selfadjustable: overused themes don't bring people over (since they're not original), thus possibly motivating people to rethink the themes. Also, let's remember that the "execution" factor works here too

-Too many "low-level" RHGs
Don't have much to say about this: I don't think that a "required animation level" is a good thing, since everyone should be free when making their RHG (not clans though and on this point I'm gonna specify about what I mean after this). However, I highly suggest to make something like a "refer system".
Basically, my idea was about adding a new rule: before making a RHG page, you must pm it to the RHG moderators for approval. If the format is correct, they give you the permission to post it. With this, I think we can cover 3 points
-Stopping incorrect RHG pages from being made
-Making people interact with moderators so that they don't follow a "easy path" (I mean, they don't simply go and make their RHG to be "cool", but take in consideration the necessary work there is related to it)
-Giving advices to those who are making the RHG. These advices should be totally facultative, so that people are not forced to follow them when making their RHG (if they want to follow them, it's their choice)
Obviously, with this I don't mean "low level" RHGs shouldn't be made (since everybody starts from somewhere and this can be an experience too for them to keep growing). However, I do mean about making something that controls their making a little more

Last point: penalties

One thing that I think should be implemented is penalties: people do not abide to rules mainly because there are no penalties when they do not fulfill something (changing characters too many times (meaning they do not think properly when making one), forfeiting matches, ecc.)
Thus, I think that introducing a little more checking about RHG activities and penalties regarding some things might be a good idea
About the kind of penalties, I'm gonna post them later

About RHG Clanes, I'm gonna post them another time because otherwise I might make something that nobody will ever read since this already is quite long to read (also, I need more time about this other topic)
With it, I'm gonna write also the other part about penalties

RichardLongflop
03-27-2015, 10:59 AM
DiPi, maybe I should explain upon my thing further.

The primary ability would be the character's main thing. It could be flying, it could be a howitzer-head hammer, it could be telekinesis. This is the guy's special thing. My character? Arm summoning.

The second ability would be something to compliment the first. If your primary is wings, it could be a plain sword. If you have a big-ass shotgun-gauntlet on your right hand, your secondary could be a pistol for your left. Way I see it, if your character somehow got something special, chances are it's gonna be the one thing. The secondary thing is just something to compliment it. My character? able to manipulate darkness a little bit to hide his big self.

The physical enhancement is for the character themself. They may have armour, they may be swole, may have mad stamina, they may have good reflexes. This is only because characters are bound to get into some melee fights, and the thing about 'being human' is that people are fragile sacks of blood and bones. You'll need something to counter that. My character? He's big and durable as fuck. He's also not human so that's a big change in physiology.

If you give them a primary that's an original twist on a cliche thing, you could give them a sexy secondary to compliment it and the physical thing to give them a chance in battle.

Root
03-27-2015, 03:51 PM
I feel like "being human" actually is an acceptable weakness because, as Waffles said, people are fragile sacks of blood and bones. It is basically the lack of a "physical enhancement."

AwesTube
03-27-2015, 04:21 PM
I dont know if this should work on here or the stickpage related discussion but YOLO. I think it would be neat if there was a page on the main site for RHGs and RHG battles, like on fluidanims.com

Root
03-27-2015, 04:46 PM
I dont know if this should work on here or the stickpage related discussion but YOLO. I think it would be neat if there was a page on the main site for RHGs and RHG battles, like on fluidanims.com

I don't think that it's really likely, but yeah, I was wondering about this, too. It would be great if they brought back the old format (http://orig13.deviantart.net/4734/f/2015/086/8/0/rhg_leaderboard_by_rootofitall-d8ncp9c.png)with the leader boards and stuff.

DiPi
03-27-2015, 06:42 PM
As I said, I'd have posted another time about RHG clans and Penalties

RHG Clans

About this point, I'm gonna write something that some people may consider elitist/coercitive or something like that, but I frankly think they might change the current state of things (in the better way I hope at least :\)

The first thing I want to talk about is about trying to think about why did RHG clans started in the first place
Considering RHGs were (and are) meant for battles, RHG clans (follwing the old rules stone wrote on Fluidanims and the ones he wrote here (they're basically the same, so it's not necessary for you to use the archives to go back to fluidanims)) are meant for wars, having 6 people trying to wreck other 6 and viceversa. However, I noticed some things that instead show us a different thing from what it is supposed to be happening:
-Territories have lost their meaning: it's no more about people from one territory being against people from another, but it simply isn't anything at all
-Territory leaders do not exist and no activites are organized. If they're organized, they have almost nothing to do with wars
-Many inexperienced people, instead of trying to join existing clans, try to start their own, with the majority of them having extreme short runs and people who got in there have nothing left from that experience (or so I think)
-Clans are literally own worlds in which people do whatever they want: they're more like group chat/collaborations projects threads than threads meant for "wars"

Because of these reasons, I think that some actions should be taken and these are the ones I suggest
Another thing before putting the suggestions: about penalties, I think they should be used as a deterrent to make people follow the rules. However, since they can't be just something like infractions or bans all day in, I think they must be according to the "infraction" made (I'm gonna write what I think they should be about too)

About starting a clan

Put a general time limit for tryouts sessions

A lot of clans put as an excuse to their inactivity the "tryout session", since if they're not 6 full people they're not able to hold a mouse in their hands and animate. For this reason, considering that the point of my argument is to bring back clan wars, I suggest to put as a general rule that a clan, from the day it is brought up or from the day a member leaves, has a tot limit of days to hold the tryouts. In the case the clan isn't full for the due date, as a penalty, the clan must be disbanded and the leader cannot make another clan before tot time passes (1 month, 2 months, dunno)

Reduce the amount of "Tryout hopping"

By "Tryout hopping" I mean when someone announces his desire to do a tryout for multiple clans. In the end, it can end in many way:
-He doesn't do a tryout for any of them, showing that he was only seeking attention from multiple people without actually caring for them
-He does a tryout for only one of them, leaving the other clans he didn't tryout for with their sums not adding up and the one he tried out for with a bad impression about him
-He does a tryout and uses it for every single clan he announced his partecipation for, showing that he doesn't actually care in which clan he gets into
Considering that in all the cases I described it doesn't end well, I suggest for considering all announcements about showing desire to tryout for a certain clan as spamming, so that if you want to join a clan you THINK (I know you can use that brain of yours for once) only about making the tryout without instead changing opinion every 10 seconds since you gained the attention you were seeking for

_-I won't cover points like how to manage the clan, since I don't think it's necessary-_

About bringing back activity

Organize clan wars on a regular basis

My suggestion is about making something of more organized: basically, we bring back the "territory leaders" and we let them organize clan wars (they choose who goes against who). About who should fight who, when should they fight and for how long, it is not relevant right now. The most important thing though is that they actually keep the clans active: it can be 2 clan joints as Stone wrote on the rules (with the templates being given by third parties, done by members or something like that), 6 people versus 6 people in single RHG fights, it can be everything; the important thing is that clans finally start to interact with each other

Put wins/losses consequences

By this I mean to basically apply the rules as they have been written: who wins, gets one member; who loses, loses one member
If we want to make things interesting, we can also make that who loses must change his leader, otherwise the clan must be disbanded
In the case people start forfeiting even though the clan war was organized, I think it should end in 2 ways depending on the situation

-1 clan forfeits, the other finishes their parts
They lose 2 members and the other 4 can't be involved anymore for anything that regards RHG clans for tot times, resulting into having the clan disbanded and them not being able to tryout for or start other clans (days moths, your choice)
-Both clans forfeit
Both clans are disbanded, members cannot be involved both in tryouts or clan making and the amount of time doubles for everyone

Considering however that if a clan starts always winning they'll have too many members, I thought about modifying a little the concept of having "allies"
When a clan has a total of 12 members, 6 members must form another clan in the same (or not) territory. The new clan formed and the old clan are "allies". About "rivals", I think it is a title it should be given to clans against which you lost

Put back the armory/sound effects sections into clan pages

I think I should be writing something more, but now it's too late: I may edit this tomorrow or something

Root
03-27-2015, 06:57 PM
I don't really like the idea of those kinds of penalties for clan wars, as it would remove some of the fun and freedom of it all. Having to give one member to the other clan would be stupid, because the person being traded might just not want to be in that clan.

generalZ
03-27-2015, 08:28 PM
I don't really like the idea of those kinds of penalties for clan wars, as it would remove some of the fun and freedom of it all. Having to give one member to the other clan would be stupid, because the person being traded might just not want to be in that clan.

It's like if your rhg would be to loose abilities or weapons after you lose or forfeit to a fight.
also, I don't think people would take the risk to get consequences by doing clan battles. They would not do them at all most of the time.

Also working so hard to tryout and get into a clan, simply to be removed after the clan loses, does not make sence. And even if that would be to append, having them not being able to join or create a clan is simply rude.

overall, these are bad ideas. (OVERALL)

Root
03-28-2015, 05:56 PM
I think the addition of there being "clan points" like there are for individual rhgs would motivate people to do clan wars more. I don't, however, think that most of this stuff should be forced upon clans, because some of them just like to hang out, and there really isn't anything wrong with that. More freedom and but also structure in clan interaction would be great, though.

DiPi
03-28-2015, 06:09 PM
I think the addition of there being "clan points" like there are for individual rhgs would motivate people to do clan wars more. I don't, however, think that most of this stuff should be forced upon clans, because some of them just like to hang out, and there really isn't anything wrong with that. More freedom and but also structure in clan interaction would be great, though.

What I tried to solve was about the "forfeit" factor
Most people do not finish what they're meant to not only because they can't finish it for any possible reason, but also because they know they won't get anything if they show nothing, while the ones they're against not only finish their work, but when they find it out they're not that much happy (5 people forfeited against me and I think I know how bad it feels to have your opponent forfeiting)

The thing about "hanging out" and "freedom" is that if you give too much, they'll always go for the lazy choice. Or better, making them understand that it is not only about them with incentives that actually make them really care about is a better choice than just pray for them to follow a good behaviour

RichardLongflop
03-28-2015, 09:25 PM
I feel like "being human" actually is an acceptable weakness because, as Waffles said, people are fragile sacks of blood and bones. It is basically the lack of a "physical enhancement."

no.

Everyone is assumed to be human unless stated otherwise. Ever heard of that saying that goes something like "when everyone is X, no-one is X"? When everyone has human weaknesses, then no-one should have it. As in, we know everyone has it, no need to show it.

People use it as weakness filler. There are people whose weakness list is just "being human", nothing else. Just that one thing. No. Fuck off. Never come back.

In RHG we're giving people special abilities and powers. We should list weaknesses that go WITH THEM. Otherwise, why not list the goddamn human strengths in the abilities list too? Have some filler for THAT. OH wait no you don't want to have too many things in there or else it'd look OP at a first glance well shit, that's filler for you. Don't use it.

But yeah. ability-related weaknesses. A weakness would be something that disables that ability or lets one work around it. A limit, something that should be put alongside the ability itself instead of in the weaknesses, is not a weakness. As I said, give a guy a revolver, he only has six shots. That's a limit. He can still kill with those shots. It's just a detail of his ability. It ain't no goddamn weakness.

quinsilva
03-28-2015, 10:55 PM
Also another thing that new rhg'ers should keep in mind is when they come up with an ability... FIND SOMETHING YOU CAN PORTRAY/ANIMATE. An example of something that someone new to flash shouldn't consider as an ability is "creating black-holes, Illusions...etc" Pick an ability catered to your animation ability because it doesn't matter how cool the ability if you can't animate it properly so that your audience understands whats going on. People shouldn't have to read your abilities the demo you make should give them a good idea of their abilities.

Hewitt
03-30-2015, 12:16 AM
I hope this thread isnt just a place to vent, but that you RHG mods and stone are actually reading this from time to time.

A comment or two; engaging discussion would be nice.

poppetje3D
03-30-2015, 03:52 AM
I'd be happy if people just stop quitting battles. Annoyed the shit out of me.

Drone
03-30-2015, 03:56 AM
I hope this thread isnt just a place to vent, but that you RHG mods and stone are actually reading this from time to time.

A comment or two; engaging discussion would be nice.
I've been reading the thread from the beginning, and stone is aware of it's existence although he's a busy man, he probably won't end up weighing in unless it's seriously asked of him to change something about the system
If you want me to respond to all the points you guys have made, you're going to have to wait until later today, I start getting ready to go to classes in like an hour.

Kursura
03-30-2015, 08:45 AM
I'd be happy if people just stop quitting battles. Annoyed the shit out of me.

So your still battling R D Luffy?

Root
03-30-2015, 07:50 PM
I think it would be helpful to make a requirement of having a certain number of posts before you are able to make a clan, maybe even before you're able to make an rhg. Maybe 50-100 posts for an rhg, and 300-400 for a clan? I've just seen a lot of people making rhgs as their first post, before they've even read the rules. There was also a guy with less than 100 who made a clan, which is probably doomed to fail due to lack of experience and popularity.

Drone
03-30-2015, 08:01 PM
I think it would be helpful to make a requirement of having a certain number of posts before you are able to make a clan, maybe even before you're able to make an rhg. Maybe 50-100 posts for an rhg, and 300-400 for a clan? I've just seen a lot of people making rhgs as their first post, before they've even read the rules. There was also a guy with less than 100 who made a clan, which is probably doomed to fail due to lack of experience and popularity.
If someone's main purpose for joining is to participate in RHG then I don't think it would be fair to impose such limitations
anyway, that kind of system would encourage posting with the sole purpose of raising your post count, and that leads to spammy posts that lead to otherwise unnecessary infractions
basically it's just a bad idea

generalZ
03-30-2015, 09:54 PM

Root. My first post on the forum was my RHG.
I had not read the rules or introduced myself.
My main reason for coming was RHG and if I had such limitations, I would of simply left. I don't want to have to post on shit simply for posting. I post where I am interested in participating. Putting such rules would only push "noobs" to spamm the forum.
Also, I don't see how putting a rule like that would make new members read the rules.

poppetje3D
03-31-2015, 01:26 AM
So your still battling R D Luffy?
No, but we have discussed about it. My main priority back then was the nemesis collab and now Benjamin games. I dont really think thats any worse dont you?

Now get back to topic.

Hewitt
03-31-2015, 03:39 AM

I have seen noobs who literally post nonsense jsut to get past the initial restriction of 10+ posts, and you want to raise that bar to 100? It's not the way.

generalZ
03-31-2015, 05:46 AM
I have seen noobs who literally post nonsense jsut to get past the initial restriction of 10+ posts, and you want to raise that bar to 100? It's not the way.

That.... is bassicly what i said...

Root. My first post on the forum was my RHG.
I had not read the rules or introduced myself.
My main reason for coming was RHG and if I had such limitations, I would of simply left. I don't want to have to post on shit simply for posting. I post where I am interested in participating. Putting such rules would only push "noobs" to spamm the forum.
Also, I don't see how putting a rule like that would make new members read the rules.

Drone
03-31-2015, 01:34 PM
Thank you both for repeating exactly what I had just said.
Anyway, I'll adress all of Dipi's concerns later, followed by Hewitt's

Kursura
03-31-2015, 01:43 PM
No, but we have discussed about it. My main priority back then was the nemesis collab and now Benjamin games. I dont really think thats any worse dont you?

Now get back to topic.

Fair enough. It was just a shame it didn't happen. And I agree with your point.

Purp3L
03-31-2015, 11:53 PM
The people I have to agree with the most are Waffles and DiPi. On some points you two are a little strict. Like not being able to make a clan for a month if you don't get any members, which isn't even your fault, so it's completely ridiculous, but other than that, I agree with most of the post. Waffles, I love the idea of Primary and Secondary powers. Instead of having RHGs having completely random powers to make themselves the most powerful RHG, even if it makes no sense. I'd love to see a system where your powers have to be similar for them to be accepted as an RHG, though it might be too strict, I think it's a good idea, instead of a clusterfuck of powers. I know this is probably not what you actually meant (If it was, I completely agree.) but I just wanted to add in something.

Hewitt
04-01-2015, 01:07 AM
Hey Drone, I asked stone a long time ago about the mechanic of letting RHG Battlers get 0.5 pts for every forfeited opponent they encounter. It's why I was able to host those events in the first place. If we turned it into a real rule instead of a vote-off as I had been hosting, do you think it could work?

quinsilva
04-02-2015, 02:11 PM
Ok I know this seems a bit old fashioned but how about a ranking system based on animation merit given by contributions to the community, ("the animation section", making it 10x more useful then it already it) Although no matter which way I twist this idea it would involve more interaction by the mods. Although it would also help moderate all the mediocre clans arising, so basically only those with the given rights could create clan threads. Which would mean less clans created on a whim and skimming out all the crappy ones in the thread but also I feel like a bse idea could be applied to the clan section. Possibly a clan takedown tournament (three sections Bronze,Silver,Gold), with guidelines honestly this to me sounds like it might remove some clan from the current thread of clan unless you go with the "rules applied starting now strategy" and award the current clan leaders clan thread rights. Although If this does seem like a good idea I dont wanna type it all out here. So PM me if you even consider taking this suggestion seriously. I say leave the rhg system as is right now but adjust the clan section so that those who come to the thread to make rhgs can and the right to create a clan can motivate the more serious posters to improve on their skills and essentially become the more famous char of stickpage. I know I wouldn't want to apply the whole burden to the few mods who exist now which is why I had another plan for that but that will only come into play if this is going to be taken into consideration to be applied anyway.

EarthquakeAnims
04-02-2015, 02:23 PM
Ok I know this seems a bit old fashioned but how about a ranking system based on animation merit given by contributions to the community, ("the animation section", making it 10x more useful then it already it) Although no matter which way I twist this idea it would involve more interaction by the mods. Although it would also help moderate all the mediocre clans arising, so basically only those with the given rights could create clan threads. Which would mean less clans created on a whim and skimming out all the crappy ones in the thread but also I feel like a bse idea could be applied to the clan section. Possibly a clan takedown tournament (three sections Bronze,Silver,Gold), with guidelines honestly this to me sounds like it might remove some clan from the current thread of clan unless you go with the "rules applied starting now strategy" and award the current clan leaders clan thread rights. Although If this does seem like a good idea I dont wanna type it all out here. So PM me if you even consider taking this suggestion seriously. I say leave the rhg system as is right now but adjust the clan section so that those who come to the thread to make rhgs can and the right to create a clan can motivate the more serious posters to improve on their skills and essentially become the more famous char of stickpage. I know I wouldn't want to apply the whole burden to the few mods who exist now which is why I had another plan for that but that will only come into play if this is going to be taken into consideration to be applied anyway.

thats what i was about to say. I feel like there needs to be points given, so like the more points, the more animation experience/skill. You know, like other forums where points are given to how helpful someone is or something like that. The only thing is that people would be giving people 10342986 points for scribble scrabble as a "joke".

Drone
04-02-2015, 02:32 PM
We don't rank people here, this isn't DD

Hey Drone, I asked stone a long time ago about the mechanic of letting RHG Battlers get 0.5 pts for every forfeited opponent they encounter. It's why I was able to host those events in the first place. If we turned it into a real rule instead of a vote-off as I had been hosting, do you think it could work?

I think that's a pretty good idea, but what did stone say about it when you brought it up to him? Because he still has final say for anything related to the rhg system

Kursura
04-02-2015, 03:09 PM

Glad you brought that up. Speaking of that idea, I think we need a minimum requirement for what is considered a 'complete' battle. Doesn't have to be much, it's just that one or two of the anims that turned up in that voting were honestly not deserving of a win (like the one with 4 tweens and a picture). It could be as simple as 10sec of frame by frame animating minimum.

Phantom Ace
04-02-2015, 11:01 PM
My suggestion for the RHG clans is that I would like to see clans that are not just being made, but clans that could also help their own members improve. The leaders must be active and has the leadership to teach his/her members.

GuardianTempest
04-02-2015, 11:02 PM
My suggestion for the RHG clans is that I would like to see clans that are not just being made, but clans that could also help their own members improve. The leaders must be active and has the leadership to teach his/her members.It's already there. Nemesis and some other big-name clan are trying at least. Camila's an excellent clan leader.

Now, how about you go convince the lesser clans out there to follow suit? (I can't, I'm bad at explaining)

Drone
04-03-2015, 12:20 AM
My suggestion for the RHG clans is that I would like to see clans that are not just being made, but clans that could also help their own members improve. The leaders must be active and has the leadership to teach his/her members.

As much as this is a nice sentiment, there is no way to enforce a rule that pretty much boils down to "be helpful" in terms of RHG or animation because that's entirely relative.

Phantom Ace
04-03-2015, 05:55 AM
As much as this is a nice sentiment, there is no way to enforce a rule that pretty much boils down to "be helpful" in terms of RHG or animation because that's entirely relative.

Oh okay then. That's alright for me 'cause that was just a suggestion of mine so it ain't a problem for me. (^_^)

Dagon
04-04-2015, 01:45 AM
What about a tournament or competition of some sort? Something like continuous RHG battles and if you win you advance to the next stage. The category would be pro, intermediate and beginner like in official competitions. I know it would probably take a few months to a year or so to actually complete 1 tournament but it could help encourage people to put effort into their animation and also help decide who a fair opponent could be. And the prize could be points, titles, or something new.

Although if it's just a balanced match then just have something like a match maker(as suggested before in the first page I think). There could be a button, a page or something specifically for RHG. Links to your character, match making, top RHGs, or something. And if you're not available then just have a status that says unavailable and then it won't link to you in the match making.

Not sure if any of these have been suggested already but if so then sorry for reposting.

EDIT: What's RHGT?

Drone
04-04-2015, 02:12 AM
An RHG tournament will happen whenever stone wants one to happen, and he doesn't want one to happen yet, if ever again lol. Nothing I can do about that one.
RHGT was a great idea that fell flat due to poor management

EclairCat
04-06-2015, 04:16 AM
Here my Suggestion ^(°-°)^

For Clan : I would like that RHG Territories come back! with all the systems! i really liked how it was before but i see it's dead when i made my clan T_T

For Fight : I would like to see a great Territories war fight (example : all clan from West vs All clan from North) this would be such epic and a big collab :o

For RHG :
For me, You had to be what you really want to be as a RHG but if you have no idea of what weapon, power or skill you can imagine here my imagination of RHG that i would love to see (hope i can light up your imagination too :3 ):
- A Mechanic RHg who build drones, robots, mecha for the fight. he's like a support for a team fight, skilled on the mechanics system he can have a build up weapon like... idk build a sword, a gun or anything else that can be amazing (like a beam gun °-° ) but he can only make one weapon and it's took a while to build another one by using the materials of the first one he did.
- a Summoner RHG that summon magic monsters for the fight. he's also a support for a team fight. he can talk to animals and command them to attack defense or other options (like heal, fly, etc...)
you are RIGHT! it's look like a pokemon trainer lol. but he can summon only 2 monsters (he had to recall one for summoning another)
- a Rider RHG... you guess it! a RHG who fight with vehicles (cars, motors, bus...)
- a RHG who control dimension (weird shit is going to happend 0-0 ). he will travel in another dimension and distort them making his enemy get hit by somehow white lines ? but can be countered by attacking him in the right place he is (he's like cloaking and the enemy can see him like how you can see a spy in TF2)
- a Cartoon RHG who use random things like in cartoons lol

Oh well i have to much imagination of different RHG there could be x_x

Bryio
04-06-2015, 04:28 AM
Here my Suggestion ^(°-°)^

For Clan : I would like that RHG Territories come back! with all the systems! i really liked how it was before but i see it's dead when i made my clan T_T

For Fight : I would like to see a great Territories war fight (example : all clan from West vs All clan from North) this would be such epic and a big collab :o

For RHG :
For me, You had to be what you really want to be as a RHG but if you have no idea of what weapon, power or skill you can imagine here my imagination of RHG that i would love to see (hope i can light up your imagination too :3 ):
- A Mechanic RHg who build drones, robots, mecha for the fight. he's like a support for a team fight, skilled on the mechanics system he can have a build up weapon like... idk build a sword, a gun or anything else that can be amazing (like a beam gun °-° ) but he can only make one weapon and it's took a while to build another one by using the materials of the first one he did.
- a Summoner RHG that summon magic monsters for the fight. he's also a support for a team fight. he can talk to animals and command them to attack defense or other options (like heal, fly, etc...)
you are RIGHT! it's look like a pokemon trainer lol. but he can summon only 2 monsters (he had to recall one for summoning another)
- a Rider RHG... you guess it! a RHG who fight with vehicles (cars, motors, bus...)
- a RHG who control dimension (weird shit is going to happend 0-0 ). he will travel in another dimension and distort them making his enemy get hit by somehow white lines ? but can be countered by attacking him in the right place he is (he's like cloaking and the enemy can see him like how you can see a spy in TF2)
- a Cartoon RHG who use random things like in cartoons lol

Oh well i have to much imagination of different RHG there could be x_x

The problem with territories is that there's not enough management or activity in clans for it to be maintained. There can't be any huge fights because of how little people actually animate.

quinsilva
04-06-2015, 10:55 AM
The problem with territories is that there's not enough management or activity in clans for it to be maintained. There can't be any huge fights because of how little people actually animate.

Thats because there is little motive to do so, the hard part is finding a motivator that wont put a dent in SP's or anybodies wallet

exceld
04-07-2015, 09:57 AM
Do an RHG tournament will be a lot more fun c: and make it as stickpage official competition :D amirite

Terror-Sama
04-07-2015, 10:03 AM
Do an RHG tournament will be a lot more fun c: and make it as stickpage official competition :D amirite

Yeah,and you'll easily win,

-My suggestion.
Why don't they add more clan territories,like North West,South East...

generalZ
04-07-2015, 12:45 PM
I'm just gonna say that if north would battle east for exemple, some clans that are allied could not fight so if would be kinda pointless

Unbounded
04-07-2015, 01:42 PM
I'm not sure how feasible it is, but I think someone mentioned somehow putting RHG on the main site. I like this since it would actually advertise the RHG system. You'd have the benefit of more activity as well as the potential for more good animators to be encouraged into joining the system. Considering it's a main draw of SP I don't see why it hasn't been done/has been removed.

Also something I'm sure is less feasible, (or at the very least, more tedious), but a section on the site/forum that is able to sort RHG's by varied parameters such as rank/name/powerset/availability/whatever could only help in tidying up the entire process. The current page as it exists is fine for just seeing what characters exist, but it's not really too helpful to look for RHG's with a particular powerset that you want to animate, or for searching for an opponent that is actually available.

Root
04-07-2015, 07:38 PM
I know people here are generally hostile toward a DD style ranking system, but I think a less official and self placing one would actually be helpful. People would be able to state what ranks they are comfortable fighting.

Hewitt
04-07-2015, 07:40 PM
That's what demos are for. The problem is, RHG Characters are made in haste, and so their demos are usually either lacking or substandard. This does not send a proper message of the user's skill level. They are more often than not, more concerned about their stick's written abilities and backstory. What usually happens is a less-skilled fighter challenges a regular and they end up being either one-sided or forfeiting in the end.

We also have cases where RHGs have a shit ton of words but their demo is substandard. That sends a message of "i care more about what I can do than what i actually CAN do".

In that case, i feel like demos should be moderated and there ought to be a standard like "Must be 30 seconds long" or something.

Drone
04-07-2015, 07:59 PM
We don't rank people hereeee

and I agree actually with the demo thing, there should be some kind of regulation there, I've seen some really good people with really bad demos that don't properly convey their skill, and frankly why even have a demo at all at that point, that's like the entire reason that demos exist. But 30 seconds is actually a lot more work than I think is necessary to demonstrate an rhgs powers, which still is the bare minimum that you have to do.

Hewitt
04-07-2015, 08:00 PM
I can append my sticky in the RHG Section about emphasis on making a good demo. But that's the best I can do. The rest is within the community of RHG users to actually encourage noobs to make good demos and discourage quickly-made ideas.

I feel that this place needs to be informed about why demos are IMPORTANT. This might cut down the amount of "made the thread, demo later" threads

EDIT: Btw Root, you sound like a broken record slash DD fanatic with all this talk of rankings. You should be more focused on getting around this to find another alternative instead of trying to push the agenda further.

Root
04-07-2015, 08:24 PM
The poorly made demos lowering the apparent skill level might be helped by requiring a link to at least one of your other animations. Demos could be primarily to make it clearer what the character's powers are, while providing one of your best animations, even if unrelated to rhg, could show your skill level. Of course, this might cause the quality of demos to go down even further, so it would still be helpful to have the kinds of regulations drone talked about.

I also clearly said that I didn't want to change the animation system here by adding rankings. I'm pretty sure most people will agree that ranks can be helpful in competitions with a wide range of skill levels, though, which is exactly why SP already uses them for official competions. Simply stating on your rhg page whether you feel your beginner, intermediate, or advanced (exactly like one would do in an SP competion) might help people find matches to fight more easily. Suggesting we spread one custom that is already on this site to a similar area is not "fanatical" or "trying to push my agenda" at all.

Hewitt
04-07-2015, 08:34 PM
I call you a fanatic not because its suppose to be an insult, but it just seems like whenever you enter Stickpage you do it wearing Rank-shaped Goggles, something DD-ers just pride themselves in doing because Rank over there basically dictates the entire social structure and learning process of the site. We get it---Pivoters advance through ranks to gain more rewards doing what they do best. But unfortunately for you, that shit just doesn't work around here. Except for the terms you and Jeff redefined, Ranks will never be used in any official measurable capacity. So I find it counter-intuitive that you would still suggest its use despite everything that's been said on the issue.

This place is not DD.

A user of a beginner level can and might still want to battle an inter. Because he wants to. Because this place is for fun.
A user who is inter might want to put beginners into his collab. Because the more the merrier.
A user who is advanced might want a clan full of beginners and inters. To promote mentorship and balance.

The issue at hand is to address misrepresentation of skill. We still don't care that the skills are varied across various RHGs, but it's come to a point where people are just blindly challenging each other for no reason other than the "kewl page".

Also your idea will not work because most of the time noobs join this site to make RHGs. Meaning, and RHG page will usually be one of their first threads. They're not even thinking about making any kind of anim and just want to get sucked into the battling hype.

generalZ
04-08-2015, 12:07 AM
I call you a fanatic not because its suppose to be an insult, but it just seems like whenever you enter Stickpage you do it wearing Rank-shaped Goggles, something DD-ers just pride themselves in doing because Rank over there basically dictates the entire social structure and learning process of the site. We get it---Pivoters advance through ranks to gain more rewards doing what they do best. But unfortunately for you, that shit just doesn't work around here. Except for the terms you and Jeff redefined, Ranks will never be used in any official measurable capacity. So I find it counter-intuitive that you would still suggest its use despite everything that's been said on the issue.

This place is not DD.

A user of a beginner level can and might still want to battle an inter. Because he wants to. Because this place is for fun.
A user who is inter might want to put beginners into his collab. Because the more the merrier.
A user who is advanced might want a clan full of beginners and inters. To promote mentorship and balance.

The issue at hand is to address misrepresentation of skill. We still don't care that the skills are varied across various RHGs, but it's come to a point where people are just blindly challenging each other for no reason other than the "kewl page".

Also your idea will not work because most of the time noobs join this site to make RHGs. Meaning, and RHG page will usually be one of their first threads. They're not even thinking about making any kind of anim and just want to get sucked into the battling hype.

That last part is me a year ago^^
Anywaaayyyyys I think hewitt is right and although an additional ranking system could help, it would be more of a handicap most of the time.

Hewitt
04-20-2015, 08:35 PM
So the RHG Demo Rules (http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?77041-RHG-Characters-Section-Rules-(As-of-4-16-2015)-RHG-DEMO-RULES-IN-LATEST-POST&p=1348566&viewfull=1#post1348566) came up a few days ago. Can we get some feedback on this? We're sort of in a probationary period to see if this rule works out. What do you guys think? Does it make things more organized and clear?

Mustika
04-20-2015, 09:07 PM
I see no problem regarding to the new rules, as it's fair to point out RHG demos that have no relations with the RHG info itself. I mean, it's OK to put the placeholder demo, so long as it shows their abilities as well, whether it's sketchy or even at the form of storyboard until they complete it as a form to showcase their real skill, I suppose. I'm aware that this means even people with great animating skill yet unrelated demo with their RHG info will also be affected with these rules too.
Although I found one thing which bothers me bit. I feel like they don't fully encourage that the demo should showcase the entire abilities that certain RHG has, until I found it on Drone's post and after scrolling down to your post there. Just want to pull it up from my chest.

But still. All in all, I'm supporting them.

DiPi
04-21-2015, 02:55 AM
So the RHG Demo Rules (http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?77041-RHG-Characters-Section-Rules-(As-of-4-16-2015)-RHG-DEMO-RULES-IN-LATEST-POST&p=1348566&viewfull=1#post1348566) came up a few days ago. Can we get some feedback on this? We're sort of in a probationary period to see if this rule works out. What do you guys think? Does it make things more organized and clear?

I kinda like this change, since it forces people to both take the RHG thing with a little more of responsibility, both to limit their RHG potential to few but key characteristics

The only thing I'd like to discuss is about the third to last FAQ
I think you need to take out a "not" from the answer
:^)

Unbounded
04-25-2015, 07:45 AM

I'm fine with it. It all really comes down to "make a complete demo showcasing what you and your character can do." That's should basically be the bare minimum, and as you said, it prevents people from having an obscene amount of powers that they haven't shown.

Aslime1999
04-25-2015, 01:49 PM
maytbe they shpould make a matchmaking system for any RHG

Dagon
04-26-2015, 09:15 PM

Not sure if it makes things more organized but it makes things a lot clearer. It shows your and your character's abilities. This way people won't rush they're demo and probably rush the other stuff only to have it locked.

Loops
07-18-2015, 09:24 AM
How about...
REAPLOADING THE FREAKING INTERACTIVE VILLAGE FOR THE MUTHER OF GUD DFDFJGHDJFGJ!??

DiPi
07-18-2015, 10:17 AM
How about...
REAPLOADING THE FREAKING INTERACTIVE VILLAGE FOR THE MUTHER OF GUD DFDFJGHDJFGJ!??

The what?

Loops
07-18-2015, 10:23 AM
The This:
http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?77409-Getting-Started-With-Rock-Hard-Gladiator-Territories
There should be a part of that thread that says:
''How should I create my village?''
And then there are 2 or 3 answers and then theres an example
and after that the village link,wich is broken,help plz ;-;

DiPi
07-18-2015, 12:50 PM
The This:
http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?77409-Getting-Started-With-Rock-Hard-Gladiator-Territories
There should be a part of that thread that says:
''How should I create my village?''
And then there are 2 or 3 answers and then theres an example
and after that the village link,wich is broken,help plz ;-;

Have you tried sending a pm in which you politely ask for a working link to the one who made that tread AKA Stone?

Loops
07-18-2015, 05:27 PM
Have you tried sending a pm in which you politely ask for a working link to the one who made that tread AKA Stone?

I've Just messaged Stone

Charry
07-19-2015, 02:38 AM
To all of you stuck up fuckheads screeching out "RHG needs teh standards, noobs are yucky nyeeeh", what do you suggest then? I'm willing to bet most of you only animate for RHG and you started out as a beginner, so kindly step down from your pedestal unless you're gonna try and help out.

Someone here could easily organise some sort of tutoring system to help new people out. Stone didn't make RHG as his elitist little circle jerk for all his good animator friends, so don't try and turn it into that.

Loops
07-19-2015, 12:52 PM
To all of you stuck up fuckheads screeching out "RHG needs teh standards, noobs are yucky nyeeeh", what do you suggest then? I'm willing to bet most of you only animate for RHG and you started out as a beginner, so kindly step down from your pedestal unless you're gonna try and help out.

Someone here could easily organise some sort of tutoring system to help new people out. Stone didn't make RHG as his elitist little circle jerk for all his good animator friends, so don't try and turn it into that.

But i didn't do anything !!D: )!!!

CreeperGav
08-02-2015, 07:29 PM
Umm, I was thinking, maybe RHG could be updated with the animation program on the page or something, cuz I have a very cool idea for an RHG but cant make him cuz my grandma wont let me get flash for an animation program cuz I cant use easytoon, and hate pivot. so, maybe you can talk to stone or something about it?

GuardianTempest
08-02-2015, 07:54 PM
Umm, I was thinking, maybe RHG could be updated with the animation program on the page or something, cuz I have a very cool idea for an RHG but cant make him cuz my grandma wont let me get flash for an animation program cuz I cant use easytoon, and hate pivot. so, maybe you can talk to stone or something about it?http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?92378-Animation-Software-Ledger This thread has answers, by the way, there really is a plethora of free programs however it won't be easy.

Kodoku
11-04-2015, 11:37 PM
DRHG: Dynamic Rock Hard Gladiators

It's like the traditional Rock Hard Gladiator system, but... Dynamic (duh).

- What does this mean?

Instead of having an animator creating a thread with a gladiator, we have an animator creating a thread with a personal profile (with battles, other animations, info, etc).

- What's the difference with the original system you fucktard?

The first obvious difference is that someone doesn't create a single character to battle other animators. The difference this time is, when two animators challenge each other, they'll create (improvise) a character in the moment. This will make things more dynamic in two ways:

Users won't have to spent time on making a story and weaknesses they won't even give a shit about anyways, RHG pictures, etc, just a profile (with real and objective information, so it wouldn't require much effort)
and
They'd have the chance to animate different things each time, instead of animating the same thing over and over. And to make things more interesting: since they won't know what abilities their opponent has, they can't pick someone basing on "oh, he has a fire RHG. I know how to do that, so I'll challenge him and kick his ass/It'll be easier".

-But they could create a gladiator that fits their capabilities each time they challenge someone you dipshit

Not quite!

part of the profile I mentioned earlier would require a section of "gladiators used" where they'd have to make a list of the characters they created before, so that way, if someone uses a similar character twice, WE'LL KNOW. and that battle will not count. (If people wanna they can create a picture of each character but idk why would that be usefull)

Note: this will also serve as inspiration for ideas to our challengers ("Hmm... what can I create this time? Oh! He created a character that manipulates semen! I never did that!")

So. Battles would happen like this:

1. Someone (let's say... "Steve") sees somebody else's profile (let's say "John").

2. Steve challenges John to a battle (John accepts, obviously because he's the fucking boss)

3. Each side creates a character (WITHOUT consulting the other part), and when they're ready, they tell each other their gladiator's abilities (weaknesses should be made by each animator. this will improve creativity as well.
Example: "Oh, a fire character? Water is obviously his weak▬" NOPE. The lack of oxigen is fire's true weakness. Find a way to use this in your favor with your character without using water, bitch) and the stick's colour. Try to keep it simple: "He has two swords and a rifle". "he manipulates fire". "telekinesis". don't say "hand to hand combat" if you don't know what that means.
They can put a name to them if they want. it'd be usefull later.

4. They set a due date (if they want)

5. They battle. Steve kicks John's ass nobody likes John

6. Steve goes proudly to his profile and adds a victory, and a character to his gladiator's list. Also, a link to the battle below the gladiator.

Here's an example of a profile:

--------------------------------------------

Info:

Animator's name: Steve Steveson
Pseudonym: Steve
*optional* Animation skills: (this should be set by a group of members who knows what they talkin' 'bout). *optional*

Animations:

DRHG:
Characters used: (on a spoiler)
Firy - Fire bending - won - *link to battle*
*gladiator name* *ability* *win/lose* *link to battle*
*gladiator name* *ability* *win/lose* *link to battle*

Total points: 1/0/0

Other animations:
*links to other animations they might display to show their animation skills/publicity (heh)*

Avaiable?: Yes

-------------------------------------

Example of a battle's thread:

Poll:
Who won?
Steve: _____________________________% 79
John: ______________________________% 21

Steve vs John!

Steve: Fire bending *Link to his part*
John: Poop bending *Link to his part*

Vote!

----------------------------------------

Anyone who wants to discuss will be more than welcome. I'd be thankful to do so :)

Ask anything you want to know!

Q&A:

Wouldn't it be simply just having Animation Attacks with a scoreboard?

No, the difference is that on animation attack they both agree on a thematic, animating both the same thing (fire, farts, gore, etc). Also, they usually make rushed animations (Like two hours of work).

the point would be to keep things surprising, always making something new. but not on short, rushed animations nobody wants to watch except the ones involved on them.

GuardianTempest
11-04-2015, 11:50 PM

Kodoku
11-04-2015, 11:57 PM

Well, you could say the same thing about RHG, but with fixed characters

but no, the difference is that on animation attack they both agree on a thematic, animating both the same thing (fire, farts, gore, etc). Also, they usually make rushed animations (Like two hours of work).

the point would be to keep things surprising, always making something new. but not on short, rushed animations nobody wants to watch except the ones involved on them.

Phaxtolgia
11-21-2015, 11:19 PM
I gotta say this is really interesting. The only downside I see is that this discourages character dedication (which is the kind of thing I'm into.) Though I guess it would be nice to animate something else every now and then. :L

S.A.
11-22-2015, 01:06 AM
I second Kodoku's suggestion(many lols were had while reading it), a similar idea was in my mind too.

Kodoku
11-23-2015, 06:42 PM
I gotta say this is really interesting. The only downside I see is that this discourages character dedication (which is the kind of thing I'm into.) Though I guess it would be nice to animate something else every now and then. :L

Well it wasn't intentioned to be a replacement, but since the Classic RHG is going to be held with an automatic system, this thingy could be held on the ol' written forums

exceld
11-25-2015, 10:46 PM

if you're into it, why don't you stick with 1 character every time you have a battle xD?

@Kodoku
hm you know that RHG can describe the animator? Like, Terkoiz = FLLFFL, Yoyo = Hyun. If we keep change the character, isn't that will be hard to describe an animator into animation? What should we animate if we want to make a fananimation RHG for Terkoiz (if he had lots of char)?

S.A.
11-25-2015, 10:52 PM
if you're into it, why don't you stick with 1 character every time you have a battle xD?

Because

part of the profile I mentioned earlier would require a section of "gladiators used" where they'd have to make a list of the characters they created before, so that way, if someone uses a similar character twice, WE'LL KNOW. and that battle will not count.

Kodoku
11-26-2015, 01:16 PM

Well that'd be the whole point of this, NOT to stick to something. I want to avoid users to always animate the same thing just because they feel comfortable with that. The best way to get better at something is doing it even if you struggle with it. It's called "gettin out of the comfort-zone". That's how we learn new stuff.

hm you know that RHG can describe the animator? Like, Terkoiz = FLLFFL, Yoyo = Hyun. If we keep change the character, isn't that will be hard to describe an animator into animation? What should we animate if we want to make a fananimation RHG for Terkoiz (if he had lots of char)?

I think terkoiz is known because he's fcking awesome. Maybe some people gets to know them thanks to those characters but then you realize they're way more than that.

Also, if we are all beginners, what's the point of being recognized for a character? It'd be better to be recognized for being a good animator

Phaxtolgia
12-02-2015, 12:32 AM
Also, if we are all beginners, what's the point of being recognized for a character? It'd be better to be recognized for being a good animator
Hmm. Good point. In fact that's exactly what I was trying to do: get recognized for a character. XD

MrRe1gn
05-20-2017, 05:10 AM
uh, when I post about my RHGs, the thread have been posted and when I look at it, there's nothing inside it!!

Need help!!

Xyskal
05-20-2017, 05:35 AM
It's because you have less than 20 posts.

This forum has an anti-spam measure that prevents your thread from being seen if there is a link in it and the poster (you in this case) has less than twenty posts.

MrRe1gn
05-20-2017, 12:14 PM
oh, so now I know, that I need at least 20 post to do so?Reply that if yes, that means I understand it, if no, I'm gonna die figuring this out...
:D:D

Xyskal
05-20-2017, 01:31 PM
Yes, you need at least twenty posts to do so, or you could get a mod to approve the thread...

After the thread's approval if you update it before getting twenty posts, you'll need to get it approved again.

MrRe1gn
05-21-2017, 12:56 AM
Oh thanks! Glad to hear it!

MrRe1gn
05-21-2017, 05:08 AM
Yes, you need at least twenty posts to do so, or you could get a mod to approve the thread...

After the thread's approval if you update it before getting twenty posts, you'll need to get it approved again.

Hey, I've been doing some experiment, I don't think you need at least 20 posts, 13 or so is enough..
my post reached 12(or 13, I forgot) and all settings etc. avatar. is unlocked...
Correct me if I'm wrong..

Xyskal
05-21-2017, 03:55 PM
It may have been lowered since the last time I checked, but 20 was the baseline for me.

But I think what you are referring to is an anti-bot feature that was recently implemented.

MrRe1gn
05-22-2017, 02:41 PM
It may have been lowered since the last time I checked, but 20 was the baseline for me.

But I think what you are referring to is an anti-bot feature that was recently implemented.

That's correct!

phongdw
05-30-2017, 10:19 PM
I can append my sticky in the RHG Section about emphasis on making a good demo. But that's the best I can do. The rest is within the community of RHG users to actually encourage noobs to make good demos and discourage quickly-made ideas.

lely1104
06-29-2017, 01:26 AM
The rest is within the community of RHG users to actually encourage noobs to make good demos and discourage quickly-made ideas.
Thank you for sharing this