PDA

View Full Version : The Batman Collab

Rather Cheesy
07-27-2008, 04:56 PM
The
http://www.sparehed.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/batman-logo.jpg
Collab

Alright, I haven't made a collab in while and I don't know when I'll have time to make another once school starts [August 18th for me] So haven't really thought to much on this idea like I normally would so...

Anyways, this collab is in honor of the very popular Dark Night movie that came out a couple weeks ago. The idea is very simple. Batman.

Make an animation having Batman fighting villains, working in his cave, swinging across the screen or whatever the hell you want. Just have it about the Batman.

If you don't know much about batman, I've written a brief description (http://www.stickpageportal.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1305249&postcount=32) for each of the characters, their not exact but it'll do.

Please do not put in spoilers from the movies, some people haven't seen them yet [including myself].

RULES:

Program: Flash only, Pivot and Easytoon are only allowed to epic Pivot and Easytoon animators and upon their request. [Provide example of your work please]

FPS: 24, is you can not animate at 24 FPS, animate at 12 FPS then double frame. FPS CODE IS NOT ALLOWED

Dimension: 550x300

Pivot and Easytoon Exceptions must use 1100x600, in order to improve the resolution. [If you're using flash, don't worry about it.]

Background: not required, but I encourage you to make one.

Fullbody is allowed.

You are allowed to feature other superheros in your animation. But only those from the DC universe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_DC_Comics_characters), no Marvel Characters (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Marvel_Comics_characters). If you feature another Superhero, then it must be a popular one so that way everyone knows who it is. Also; BATMAN IS STILL YOUR FOCUS. You may only bring the extra super heroes in if they are in a supporting role.

Sounds are allowed, but not required. I will be adding sounds to entries that do not have them / do not have enough of them

Music is not allowed, there'll be background music.

If your idea absolutely MUST have music or it won't work, then PM me and we'll discuss it.

Name your symbols Yourname_MCname. I would name mine Cheesy_head. Please do not name it head_cheesy, or afeasjfbhsdgf. Having your name come before the MC name keeps the library organized while I compile the final product and can save me alot of time.

Vcam is allowed, please rename the vcam MC with your name in front of it, as seen above.

Put your name somewhere in your part, I suggest the upper right hand corner.

When you sign your name make sure you BREAKAPART your text into a fill. [highlight your text, press CTRL+B to turn each letter into a separate text box. Then press CTRL+B again to turn them all into fills] The reason for this is that if I don't have the font you're using then when I open the file, that font gets turned into a default font, but if its a fill this does not happen and you get to keep you custom font.

If you are using Flash CS3, please save your fla in flash 8 format [File>Save As>Drop Down Menu]. Otherwise I can't open it.

Send me your fla file by hosting it on savefile.com and PMing me the link. Please do not post your animation in the thread or spoil it by sending the animation to anyone and everyone who asks for it.

There is no unused section this time, if your entry is bad I WILL deny it. I reserve the right to deny any entry for any reason. So make it good or it won't get in.

ENTRANTS:

- = Signed up
$ = +1 entry completed
$ = Declined entry
? = Might submit something if they have the time.
X = Dropped out.

P = Pivot Exception
E = Easytoon Exception
! = Waiting for example of work [Piv & EZtoon only]

- Rather Cheesy
? Kitsune
- 0rbb
- hj
? Antny336
! ultimate stickman
- Tolin
$ Raffi
- Drifts
$ _slanted_
- mindcontrol
$ supernova
$ Chunky
- Lixu
- 2hed1
- Kinto
-
-
-
-
-
etc.

Total Entries Accepted: 4
Total Entries Declined: 1
Total Entries: 5

Music Suggestions would be good, Right now I'm thinking the theme song from the Adam West Batman. [Da-na-na-na-na-na-na-na, BATMAN!]

As usual, lemme know if I've forgotten anything...

Kitsune
07-27-2008, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the invite.

I might. You know how busy I am. ;P

Etch
07-27-2008, 08:03 PM
Haha, i do need some practice, so i'm in. This will be fun.

Rather Cheesy
07-27-2008, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the invite.

I might. You know how busy I am. ;P
ye I sorta figured you'd be a maybe =P

Haha, i do need some practice, so i'm in. This will be fun.

Sweet, Added.

hj
07-27-2008, 09:58 PM
I'd like to join, if Pencil anims are allowed.
Pencil is really similar to flash.

leo4life
07-27-2008, 10:00 PM
im already in the comback collab, so i dont think i can join this collab, sorry.

antny336
07-27-2008, 11:16 PM
im in. i may not finish though. i can do some artwork for it too if you need it

Upps
07-28-2008, 12:21 AM
hey can I animat the intro with easytoon, as in draw a full body batman ?

Rather Cheesy
07-28-2008, 01:58 AM
I'd like to join, if Pencil anims are allowed.
Pencil is really similar to flash.
Show me an example of your skills in pencil, and what format does pencil export to? [ex: piv & eztoon = gif flash = swf]

im already in the comback collab, so i dont think i can join this collab, sorry.
=\ But you're a good animator... Oh wells, join after you finish the comeback collab =P

im in. i may not finish though. i can do some artwork for it too if you need it
Ok, I'll add you as a maybe, and I'm fine if you submit some artwork, I'll try to use them in backgrounds or something.

hey can I animat the intro with easytoon, as in draw a full body batman ?
hmmmm, show me an example of your easytoon skills.

Tolin
07-28-2008, 02:11 AM
Thanks a lot for the invite!
At the moment I'm really busy with CBC2, I'll will finish it this week. Next week I'm not home, but I can see if I can pull off something the third week. It will be short, and I'm a maybe..

Good luck with this collab RC!

Raffi
07-28-2008, 02:38 AM
Yoyoyoyoyoyo.

I'm in.

*Started*

Etch
07-28-2008, 02:52 AM
Can i show preview guys?

Mine is going to be pretty long?

Drifts
07-28-2008, 03:07 AM
Thanks for the invite, i might be in after the comback collab.

Etch
07-28-2008, 05:08 AM
Ohshi, I'm halfway done, but i just got into comeback collab 2. But i'll get mine in fo sho.

_slanted_
07-28-2008, 11:19 AM
thx for the invite, i'm in, finally a collab worth doing

hj
07-28-2008, 12:35 PM
Show me an example of your skills in pencil, and what format does pencil export to? [ex: piv & eztoon = gif flash = swf]

=\ But you're a good animator... Oh wells, join after you finish the comeback collab =P

Ok, I'll add you as a maybe, and I'm fine if you submit some artwork, I'll try to use them in backgrounds or something.

hmmmm, show me an example of your easytoon skills.

Format?
Its swf. So you need an example ??

EDIT: What I mean by, "Its really similar" if i didn't say anything, you wouldn't even know the difference.

Rather Cheesy
07-28-2008, 04:01 PM
Thanks a lot for the invite!
At the moment I'm really busy with CBC2, I'll will finish it this week. Next week I'm not home, but I can see if I can pull off something the third week. It will be short, and I'm a maybe..

Good luck with this collab RC!
That sounds perfect, Apples wants me to hold off on finishing till after the third week anyways because hes going on a vaction.

Yoyoyoyoyoyo.

I'm in.

*Started*
In.

Can i show preview guys?

Mine is going to be pretty long?
Previews are OK, but don't spoil your entire entry.

Thanks for the invite, i might be in after the comback collab.
Goody, added.

Ohshi, I'm halfway done, but i just got into comeback collab 2. But i'll get mine in fo sho.
ayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayaya

thx for the invite, i'm in, finally a collab worth doing
In. ^_^

Format?
Its swf. So you need an example ??

EDIT: What I mean by, "Its really similar" if i didn't say anything, you wouldn't even know the difference.

Yes I would like an example of your skills. Is it still possible for you to send me an fla file? Because I need to be able to open the file in flash 8 in order to add it in correctly.

mindcontrol
07-28-2008, 04:22 PM
hey RC i know i'm new but i definately want to join! k?

Rather Cheesy
07-28-2008, 04:27 PM
Alrighty, added to the list, but remember if your animation isn't good I WILL deny it.

hj
07-28-2008, 04:34 PM
That sounds perfect, Apples wants me to hold off on finishing till after the third week anyways because hes going on a vaction.

In.

Previews are OK, but don't spoil your entire entry.

Goody, added.

ayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayaya

In. ^_^

Yes I would like an example of your skills. Is it still possible for you to send me an fla file? Because I need to be able to open the file in flash 8 in order to add it in correctly.

All right, I'll try and figure out how to make it a fla. hopefully I can =3

EDIT: I added you to msn, RC.

mindcontrol
07-28-2008, 04:35 PM
sweet! i'll try my hardest!

hj
07-28-2008, 04:43 PM
Alright, I'm not sure if any of these is a fla.
It says
Export as:
X-sheet...
Image Sequence...
Movie...
Flash/Swf... <-- I know this isn't >.<

If someone can tell me how to make a screenshot, I can show it...

HALP?

supranova
07-28-2008, 06:25 PM
Hmm, Batman eh? Sounds interesting...

Im In.

Rather Cheesy
07-28-2008, 07:24 PM
All right, I'll try and figure out how to make it a fla. hopefully I can =3

EDIT: I added you to msn, RC.
Ok, I'm not going to add you because I only add my friends to MSN. Sorry.

sweet! i'll try my hardest!
Ok, just make it good.

Alright, I'm not sure if any of these is a fla.
It says
Export as:
X-sheet...
Image Sequence...
Movie...
Flash/Swf... <-- I know this isn't >.<

If someone can tell me how to make a screenshot, I can show it...

HALP?
None of those are fla. SHOW ME AN EXAMPLE. I can manage without the fla if yo usend me the swf but I still don't knwo if I should allow your pencil program or not. SHOW ME AN EXAMPLE

Hmm, Batman eh? Sounds interesting...

Im In.
Alrighty, added.

mindcontrol
07-28-2008, 07:31 PM
hey RC i was just wandering about sounds? do i need to do them, or will you take care of that? i don't mind i was just wandering.

Rather Cheesy
07-29-2008, 03:48 AM
You may add them if you want to, but its not required. I'll be adding sounds to all the entries so if you leave them out its no big deal.

suliro
07-29-2008, 04:01 AM
what tha??
why is every one so mad about batman ok I will make an entry about how batman gets beeten up by Randon people because I have never seen any of the batman movies I only know there is a batman and a joker(dont even know what he looks like) and im on holiday and Im supost to get flash somwhere now so if I have time I will

Raffi
07-29-2008, 10:07 AM
sent .

mindcontrol
07-29-2008, 05:42 PM
cool thanks RC!

Rather Cheesy
07-30-2008, 02:51 AM
what tha??
why is every one so mad about batman ok I will make an entry about how batman gets beeten up by Randon people because I have never seen any of the batman movies I only know there is a batman and a joker(dont even know what he looks like) and im on holiday and Im supost to get flash somwhere now so if I have time I will
Ummm, if you don't know anything about batman, I don't suggest you join. It probably won't get accepted if it has nearly nothing to do with batman...[ex: having joker not act like the joker.]

sent .
Ye, got your entry, thanks ^_^

Raffi
07-30-2008, 03:10 AM
Actually, I know almost 0 of Batman. I just joined because it's a Rather Cheesy collab.

:P

Rather Cheesy
07-30-2008, 03:50 PM
alright, I'll write some simple descriptions of the character so people know what to animate if they don't know batman.

EDIT:

This was on the first post but it took up way to much room some I'm moving it to here.

It has come to my attention that not everyone knows batman, which I honestly find disturbing, having grown up watching batman cartoons. So heres a simple description of the main characters:

Batman:
Bruce Wayne witnessed his wealthy parents murder [which was a mugging gone wrong] when he was very young. He vowed revenge on crime in general. He was raised by Alfred, his parents butler. Bruce controls a multi million dollar business and has virtually unlimited resources. Using those resources he created Batman, based upon his childhood fear of bats. A superhero who has no powers other than martial arts training and cool gadgets. He mainly uses fear to fight crime.

Weapons/Powers:
Batarangs [ninja stars shaped like bats]
Gloves have 3 blades sticking out of the sides, used for blocking and cutting.
Smoke Pellets
Freeze Pellets
"hookshot" which he uses to swing around or escape with.
Batmobile
A "Batmech" used mainly for fighting Bane [more on bane later]
He has practically everything in his arsenal, but he refuses to use guns.

Uniform:
Wears all black, black cape, black body armor, Black gloves. His mask has two points out of the top that look like bat ears.

Robin:
Robin is a early teenager [sometimes, depending on the comic you read, he can be as young as 10] He and his family worked for the circus as a family of acrobats. His parents and siblings were killed in front of him as well and, depending on the comic you read, it happens in different ways, the most common is killed by two face [more on two face later]. Bruce Wayne Feels guilty because he pretty much created two face, adopts robin. Robin stumbles upon the batcave [Batmans hideout, under his alter ego's mansion] Robin pesters batman to let him be his sidekick and reluctantly he agrees.
[B]
Weapons/Powers:
The exact same as batman, only he uses alot more acrobatic moves, and is no where near as strong as batman
Please try not to use lesser known Batman Villains. But I won't decline an entry just because it used a lesser known villain.

Uniform
A red set of tights with R on them, a yellow cape, and a simple black mask that covers only the eyes.

The Joker:

In most comics Joker was a maffia man who in an accident [usually while fighting batman] fell into a large vat of usually unknown liquid. when he comes out he has bleached white skin and green hair and his face locked in a smiling position. He goes insane and starts calling himself the Joker. Most of his crimes center around jokes, or common toys such as jack in the boxes. Usually his main goal is to turn everyone like him with his "joker gas" But however, when the joker gas is used on someone, they look like him, with the bleached skin and the locked smile, but they also die.

Weapons/Powers:
Joker Gas [see above]
Bombs that look like jack in the boxes.
Henchmen [pretty much people who didn't die from the joker gas]
Hand to hand combat.

Uniform:
Purple Suit

Penquin:
The Penquin was born into a wealthy family, however, he was deformed and resembles a Penquin, with flipper like hands, a large beak like nose and is the size of a midget. His parents, who were well known political people, realized that this would ruin their careers and tried to dispose of him when he was born by placing him in a basket and setting him afloat into a nearby river. The basket eventually floated into the sewers where he grew up. He turns up on the surface later to get revenge on his parents but he finds out they've been dead for ages, but they left him with a vast fortune. He has a wide variety of trained birds.

Weapons/Powers:
A wide array of umbrellas, ranging from umbrella guns, Umbrella jetpacks, to hypno-umbrellas
Trained birds to do his biding, anything from a pigeon to an ostrich, hes got it trained.

Uniform:
A suit & coattails, top hat, monocle, and umbrella

Cat Woman:
Cat Woman was a secretary that lived with a large amount of cats in her apartment [generic, lonely cat person =P]. She witnessed the corruption of her boss. Her boss put a hit on her, and she was pushed from her window, down at least 20 stories. She "died" When she woke up she was surrounded by her many cats. She suffered a head injury and pretty much lost her grip on reality, she thinks she was given 9 lives like cats. She fashions a costume that looks like a cat, claws and all. And decided to make use of her "power". She is not good, or evil. In some cases she helps the bad guys, or robs a museum. While other times she helps batman catch the other villains.

Weapons/Powers:
Hand to hand combat with claws on finger tips.
Very agile and catlike.
Professional Thief.

Uniform:
Black Cat costume + claws.

Mr.Freeze:
Mr.Freeze was a common thief, while trying to escape from batman he got himself locked into a cyrovault [those things that freeze you so you wake up in the future]. Batman desperately tries to open the door before he gets frozen, but fails. Several years later, he gets woken up after Wayne industries [Batman's Alter-ego's company] conducts research on the subject. However, being one of the first to be woken up there are complications, he must be chilled for the rest of his life, Wayne Industries fashions a suit for him to wear that keeps his body temperature low. Its best known for having ice around the head piece. He vows revenge on batman, and goes insane. He modified his suit to be able to create ice. His main goal is to freeze the world into a second iceage so he can take off his suit permanently.

Weapons/Powers:
The ability to freeze anything.

Uniform:
a bulky almost astronaut like suit [dark grey, not white] The head piece is usually made of ice.

Two Face:
Harvey Dent, who is usually [depending on the comic you read] a friend of Bruce Wayne who is also a politician. While witnessing Batman fighting a villain [the villain varies by comic as well] has an accident to where one side of his face is badly burned. He goes insane and gets obsessed with the number 2. He commits crimes usually dealing with the number 2, such as using 2 choppers to rob 2 million dollars on the 2nd national bank on 2nd street. He carries around a coin which he is almost constantly flipping, the coin is a double sided coin, but one side has been scratched up. He usuualy uses it to determine his actions If it lands on the scratched side, he'll do something evil, like kill a hostage. If it lands on the clean side he''ll do something less evil, like escape with the ransom money.

Weapons/Powers:
Guns
Henchmen
Planning

Uniform:
A business suit, that has two sides, the side that is on the non scared side of his face is a light color [it varies based on comics] while the other side is a darker color.

The Riddler:

The Riddler has alot of different origins, usually it deals with him being a cubicle nerd who enjoys talking in riddles. barring an accident he ends up going insane but in the process he becomes extremely smart. He decides to have fun with his intelligence and starts committing crimes originating around riddles, his trade mark is to leave behind a clue to what hes going to do next.
Weapons/Powers:
Always a step ahead of everyone else.
Weak in hand to hand combat.
Sometimes has henchmen.
Usually works with another villain.
Uniform
A green suit with question marks all over it. Green bowler hat, red hair, A cane with a question mark at the handle

Poison Ivy:

Poison Ivy was a botanist who dealt with extremely rare plants. She ends up getting injected/sprayed/infected by an extremely rare plant that drives her insane but also gives her control over plant life. Her main goal is to level the city because "Mother Earth" doesn't like it. She uses poisons and plants to fight her battles.

Weapons/Powers:
Plant control.
Poisons.

Uniform:
A suit made out of leaves, long bright red hair.

Bane:

Bane has two popular origin stories:

Origin1: Bane was a body guard to Poison Ivy BEFORE she turned into Poison Ivy. After she goes insane, she injects him with a drug from another rare plant and he gets uber sterioded and turns into the mother****ing hulk.

Origin2: Bane is a common thief who is a steroid addict. He created a suit that lets him have steroids constantly pumping into his body. When he encounters the batman, he deciedes to take it up a notch and quadruples his intake of steroids. He turns into the mother****ing hulk.

His brain cells pop and he goes berserk beating the snot out of batman. Batman retreats to heal and while hes at it, develops a mech that increases his strength 100 fold. They fight, batman wins, Bane returns to his normal self, but is now more reliant on the drug than before, and his brain is now pretty much toast.

Weapons/Powers:
He has uber strength, hes basically the hulk.

Uniform:
When he ups his steroids/gets injected he turns into a dark red hulk.
When hes normal he is a relatively normal looking person.

The Scarecrow
The Scarecrow was the chief psychiatrist at archam asylum. He was illegally testing his new drug on the inmates there. The drug induced visions of fear into them, usually based on their greatest fear. After he gets caught he accidentally get hit with his own drug and drives himself insane. Calling himself "The Scarecrow". He escapes from prison and uses his drug to strike fear into everyone he can. Hes just plain nuts.

Weapons/Powers:
"Fear gas"

Uniform:
he dresses up as a scarecrow

_slanted_
07-30-2008, 08:24 PM
the scarecrow is badass but he's not the mother ****ing hulk like bane, all around awesome discriptions and some stuff i didnt know, nice work.

Sunder Forge
07-30-2008, 08:27 PM
Cat Woman:
Cat Woman was a secretary that lived with a large amount of cats in her apartment [generic, lonely cat person =P]. She witnessed the corruption of her boss. Her boss put a hit on her, and she was pushed from her window, down at least 20 stories. She "died" When she woke up she was surrounded by her many cats. She suffered a head injury and pretty much lost her grip on reality, she thinks she was given 9 lives like cats. She fashions a costume that looks like a cat, claws and all. And decided to make use of her "power". She is not good, or evil. In some cases she helps the bad guys, or robs a museum. While other times she helps batman catch the other villains.
You forgot sleak and sexy.

Weapons/Powers:
Hand to hand combat with claws on finger tips.
Very agile and catlike.
Professional Thief.

Uniform:
Black Cat costume + claws. < hawt!

Mr.Freeze:
Mr.Freeze was a common thief, while trying to escape from batman he got himself locked into a cyrovault [those things that freeze you so you wake up in the future]. Batman desperately tries to open the door before he gets frozen, but fails. Several years later, he gets woken up after Wayne industries [Batman's Alter-ego's company] conducts research on the subject. However, being one of the first to be woken up there are complications, he must be chilled for the rest of his life, Wayne Industries fashions a suit for him to wear that keeps his body temperature low. Its best known for having ice around the head piece. He vows revenge on batman, and goes insane. He modified his suit to be able to create ice. His main goal is to freeze the world into a second iceage so he can take off his suit permanently.

Weapons/Powers:
The ability to freeze anything.

Uniform:
a bulky almost astronaut like suit [dark grey, not white] The head piece is usually made of ice.

Two Face:
Harvey Dent, who is usually [depending on the comic you read] a friend of Bruce Wayne who is also a politician. While witnessing Batman fighting a villain [the villain varies by comic as well] has an accident to where one side of his face is badly burned. He goes insane and gets obsessed with the number 2. He commits crimes usually dealing with the number 2, such as using 2 choppers to rob 2 million dollars on the 2nd national bank on 2nd street. He carries around a coin which he is almost constantly flipping, the coin is a double sided coin, but one side has been scratched up. He usuualy uses it to determine his actions If it lands on the scratched side, he'll do something evil, like kill a hostage. If it lands on the clean side he''ll do something less evil, like escape with the ransom money.

Weapons/Powers:
Guns
Henchmen
Planning

Uniform:
A business suit, that has two sides, the side that is on the non scared side of his face is a light color [it varies based on comics] while the other side is a darker color.

The Riddler:

The Riddler has alot of different origins, usually it deals with him being a cubicle nerd who enjoys talking in riddles. barring an accident he ends up going insane but in the process he becomes extremely smart. He decides to have fun with his intelligence and starts committing crimes originating around riddles, his trade mark is to leave behind a clue to what hes going to do next.
Weapons/Powers:
Always a step ahead of everyone else.
Weak in hand to hand combat.
Sometimes has henchmen.
Usually works with another villain.
Uniform
A green suit with question marks all over it. Green bowler hat, red hair, A cane with a question mark at the handle

Poison Ivy:
hawt!!111!!!! (ejacualtes)
Poison Ivy was a botanist who dealt with extremely rare plants. She ends up getting injected/sprayed/infected by an extremely rare plant that drives her insane but also gives her control over plant life. Her main goal is to level the city because "Mother Earth" doesn't like it. She uses poisons and plants to fight her battles.

Weapons/Powers:
Plant control.
Poisons.

Uniform:
A suit made out of leaves, long bright red hair.

You forgot Harley quinn

Gihar
07-30-2008, 09:01 PM
Harley quinn was original made in the animated series (also Dr.Freeze), the success made them characters in the comic. But she is not an "enemy" she just help the bad guys with their plans.

It's a female gymnastic Joker, just use the same weapons as Joker and a Punch gun also her agility on the animation.
http://www.testriffic.com/resultfiles/15295harley_quinn.jpg

Rather Cheesy
07-31-2008, 01:25 AM
You forgot Harley quinn

I did, but I just wanted to get the main characters in for the people who don't know batman, if you know batman then you don't need it anyway.

Also: lol @ hawtness because you are absolutely correct.

Rather Cheesy
07-31-2008, 04:23 PM
BUMP!

I know it hasn't been 24 hours, but its getting very close to the second page.

What song do you suggest we should play? I think it'd be cool to find a rock version of the adam west batman theme, but I don't know if one exists... -_-

suliro
08-01-2008, 03:45 PM
I dunno batman theme song??

Rather Cheesy
08-01-2008, 03:48 PM
bump again.

You guys need to keep this thread bumped for me, discuss your entries, suggest music, etc.

EDIT: Batman has a theme song for each cartoon, movie, or show...

Chunky
08-01-2008, 04:09 PM
It's an RC collab, it's destined for awesomeness. Put me in if you think i'm good enough.

Rather Cheesy
08-01-2008, 04:22 PM
You know my collabs, I let any one in. and I definitely think yours SHOULD be able to get intothe final anim, so long as you do your best work that is=P

Chunky
08-01-2008, 04:27 PM
Oh thank you. Can this include any other Marvel character? Like just to help him or something?

Rather Cheesy
08-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Batman isn't marvel... I won't say no to it, it can only be superheros from the DC universe [Superman, Green Lantern, The Flash, etc.] No Marvel characters [Spiderman, The Hulk, Iron Man, etc.] And it has to be ABOUT batman. Hes the main focus.

Chunky
08-01-2008, 04:44 PM
Ahhk

I've moved on from that idea anyway =P

Rather Cheesy
08-01-2008, 04:50 PM
Oh well, I added the rule to the front page in case someone else wants to feature a DC superhero ^_^

Chunky
08-02-2008, 09:02 AM
I'm finished :D Check your pms.

Raffi
08-02-2008, 09:20 AM
I feel like making a second entry. A more 'cinematic' entry.

Lixu
08-02-2008, 09:39 AM
I might join.. I might.. But explain me, why no fps code?

Shanto
08-02-2008, 09:58 AM
Sorry RC, can't join. I didn't watch the movie.

No I did not read your first post, just your PM, so if it says that "I didn't have to watch the movie", don't blame me D:

suliro
08-02-2008, 10:27 AM
LOL you dont but read the 2 last pages and the first post

Raffi
08-02-2008, 12:01 PM
It doesn't work. EVER.

supranova
08-02-2008, 12:27 PM
Just starting my entry now. My comp broke down so I was without flash for a good week or so. Hopefully I can retain some of my skills. :)

Im putting my all into this one...

_slanted_
08-02-2008, 06:47 PM
well, im not getting much inspiration to animate, so mine will lack much movement, ill make some detail drawings in a intro like animation, whether you want to use it as an intro or not upto you.

Rather Cheesy
08-02-2008, 07:21 PM
I'm finished :D Check your pms.
I got it, looks good, I'll include it in the main animation. ^_^

I feel like making a second entry. A more 'cinematic' entry.
Awesome, can't wait to see it =D

The FPS code doesn't work, everyone thinks it does, but it doesn't. I've tried it many times before and it just screws everything up to make it look laggy and choppy and it even ruins a few filters and effects. Thats why I chose 24 FPS because its a common good animator FPS and 12 FPS which is a common noob animator FPS.

Sorry RC, can't join. I didn't watch the movie.

No I did not read your first post, just your PM, so if it says that "I didn't have to watch the movie", don't blame me D:
I haven't seen the new movie either, this is based off of ANY batman. It doesn't have to be the new movie.

Just starting my entry now. My comp broke down so I was without flash for a good week or so. Hopefully I can retain some of my skills. :)

Im putting my all into this one...
Goody, I dunno about your skill because I haven't seen any work from you, but I hope its good, because as I've already said, if its not good, I won't include it.

well, im not getting much inspiration to animate, so mine will lack much movement, ill make some detail drawings in a intro like animation, whether you want to use it as an intro or not upto you.
=\ You sort of need movement for batman, but if you can pull it off good I'll include it.

Wartooth
08-02-2008, 08:27 PM
I can't wait to see this, it looks interesting

Lixu
08-03-2008, 03:56 AM
I am in as a maybe then, need to make something for TLFT too

Chunky
08-03-2008, 09:33 AM
I got it, looks good, I'll include it in the main animation. ^_^

AYay .

Raffi
08-03-2008, 09:38 AM
oshit.

The moments I tried the CBC2 collab, I forgot about this.

Tho I did start :]

Apples
08-03-2008, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the invite, if my vacation is boring and long enough, I should submit a part.
If I can get this whole 24 fps thing down.

Rather Cheesy
08-03-2008, 05:32 PM
I am in as a maybe then, need to make something for TLFT too
Ok, no problem, maybe'd.

oshit.

The moments I tried the CBC2 collab, I forgot about this.

Tho I did start :]
Sorry, I get lost in anagrams, whats CBC2? =P

Thanks for the invite, if my vacation is boring and long enough, I should submit a part.
If I can get this whole 24 fps thing down.

What do you animate with normally? 20ish? If its that close to 24 FS you can change the FPS to 24 and there won't be that big a difference.

Rather Cheesy
08-05-2008, 01:24 AM
Bump. Please keep this thread bumped for me just by posting updates on how far along you are in the collab.

A DUE DATE HAS BEEN SET:

AUGUST 25TH

You should be back from vacation by then, right apples?

EDIT: And just a head up, starting August 18th, I will be starting school. I won't be as active then.

theowner238
08-05-2008, 01:59 AM
wow well um A. i basicly suck. and B. i got easytoon. GOOD LUCK THO!
(lol didnt use an anagram rc woot woot).......that was totaly random

[EDIT] did i bumb for you rc?

Rather Cheesy
08-06-2008, 03:29 PM
Bump! Don't tell me this is dead, is ANYONE working on this still?

supranova
08-06-2008, 05:19 PM
...Im working on it.

.Busted
08-06-2008, 08:31 PM
Can I join? I'm new to flash 8, but if I can make a decent one can you add it in?

kinto
08-06-2008, 08:48 PM
MEMEMEMEMEM! PICK ME! I'm in.

Rather Cheesy
08-06-2008, 09:41 PM
Can I join? I'm new to flash 8, but if I can make a decent one can you add it in?
Sure, just know that if its not good I won't let it in. So do your best.

MEMEMEMEMEM! PICK ME! I'm in.
Hey Kinto, sure you can be in. Where the hell have you been lately anyways?

.Busted
08-06-2008, 10:35 PM
Sure, just know that if its not good I won't let it in. So do your best.

Hey Kinto, sure you can be in. Where the hell have you been lately anyways?
Alright I'll work hard on it.

_slanted_
08-07-2008, 12:12 AM
just wondering rc, how many entries have you gotten so far?

Rather Cheesy
08-07-2008, 12:39 AM
3, but I know I of at least 2 others that will be finished soon. I'd like at LEAST 8 entries in order to finish the collab. But of course, the more entries, the better of a success I would call the collab.

.Busted
08-07-2008, 01:20 AM
3, but I know I of at least 2 others that will be finished soon. I'd like at LEAST 8 entries in order to finish the collab. But of course, the more entries, the better of a success I would call the collab.
I'll make sure I get mine in before the deadline.

Raffi
08-07-2008, 03:08 AM
Damn. My other entry got horribly screwed up.

Sorry T_T

Rather Cheesy
08-07-2008, 03:10 AM
no problem, I think I still have your other entry I can still use...

.Busted
08-07-2008, 08:40 PM
Done, pming fla.

Atleast I know how to make it into a fla. =P

Rather Cheesy
08-08-2008, 01:05 AM
Done, pming fla.

Atleast I know how to make it into a fla. =P

file>save

T_T

.Busted
08-08-2008, 01:13 AM
file>save

T_T
No, I know how I was just saying, because theres a lot of things in flash I don't know how to do.
Read my last post more carefully, maybe your tired. =P

supranova
08-09-2008, 06:30 PM
Bump

Half way done.

Rather Cheesy
08-10-2008, 12:51 AM
Sounds good supernova, I'm really looking forward to your entry now that I've had a sneak peak ^_^

Hows everyone else coming along? Times running out so better start now so you don't rush later.

Raffi
08-10-2008, 02:23 AM
supranova showed my a sneak peak of his entry for the OIGO collab.

COINCIDENCE?!

supranova
08-10-2008, 09:03 AM
I like showing sneak peaks, Idk why, I guess because I like hear another oppinion on what im doing...

Anyway, back to animating.

Rather Cheesy
08-10-2008, 03:28 PM
Its not a big deal Raffi, if he wants to show sneak peaks let him. So long as he doesn't whore it out to anyone and everyone I'm fine with it.

Rather Cheesy
08-12-2008, 01:56 PM
Bump, alright, if I have to bump this one more time, I'm calling it quits. I can't be the only active on this project... >_>

kinto
08-12-2008, 03:10 PM
YOUR GHEY! I'm busy animating you negro.

Rather Cheesy
08-12-2008, 03:18 PM
I know but no one is helping me keep this thread up so as far as I know, only you and supernova are working on this. If this thread stays bumped then I know people are working on it. It hasn't been bumped so I don't think anyone is working on it but you and supernova.

Wartooth
08-12-2008, 04:35 PM
I wanted to work on it but was too lazy to ask, but i want to see the finished project

Rather Cheesy
08-12-2008, 05:05 PM
ummmm, anyone can work on this if they want to, I already stated that. How could you be to lazy to ask when the answer is always yes? Or do you mean that you're to lazy to actually do the work? =P

Wartooth
08-12-2008, 05:27 PM
kinda both hahahaahahahahaha, i'm working on it :D

Rather Cheesy
08-12-2008, 08:04 PM
=P Alright then.

EVERYONE KEEP THIS THREAD BUMPED

Sure we don't really need the thread for much more than the first post and the rules, but it lets me know that people are still working on the project and working on their animations. If I have to bump it as often as I have been it tells me no one is working on it anymore. And if no ones working on it I WILL mark it a failure and move on without finishing the collab. So if you want this collab finished, please keep this thread bumped and active.

Raffi
08-13-2008, 02:10 AM
Its not a big deal Raffi, if he wants to show sneak peaks let him. So long as he doesn't whore it out to anyone and everyone I'm fine with it.
I'm not saying it;s a problem, I'm just saying that he showed me a sneak peak of his OIGO entry. olol

Wartooth
08-13-2008, 02:12 AM
I just made the riddler kill aquaman and then batman comes in and kicks the riddler, Is that ok

Rather Cheesy
08-13-2008, 02:49 AM
Its fine so long as its animated well and is more about batman and and not aquaman.

Ssjbryando
08-13-2008, 08:21 AM
Not a very good idea for a collab bro. Collabs with one subject or just one thing to do mostly don't get a lot of entrans.

Still hope it does well. (yea I was bored so I left a comment >_>)

Raffi
08-13-2008, 09:03 AM
Makes sense. But you ARE allowed to use any/all of the characters in Batman :/

Rather Cheesy
08-13-2008, 01:10 PM
And even those in the DC universe. Its not like it pertains to just Batman and Joker fighting... >_>

But yeah, I didn't really have that much time to refine this idea, like I would have. I wanted to get one last collab in before school started [aug 18th.]

supranova
08-14-2008, 02:34 PM
Bump

Putting the effects/near final touches into my entry...

I hope this collab stays alive.

Rather Cheesy
08-14-2008, 02:40 PM
Alrighty, sounds good supernova, thanks for the bump, it keeps the collab alive and helps out alot more than you think ^_^

kinto
08-14-2008, 06:12 PM
Bump Even Though It Doesn't Need It

supranova
08-14-2008, 08:28 PM
Finished my entry!

Took a while. I couldnt find too many good sounds, so I didnt bother adding any.

Rather Cheesy
08-14-2008, 10:27 PM
Your is awesome supernova, its very batman like, and sounds is no problem, I got some sounds I can add to it for ya.

supranova
08-16-2008, 11:13 PM
Bump

Sounds good, cant wait to see the finished product.

Rather Cheesy
08-17-2008, 01:57 PM
Ok, we got about a week left until the due date, and I only have 4 entries, so I'm going to send out reminder PMs in a bit to hopefully get this project moving a little bit.

zawmbee
08-17-2008, 01:59 PM
no ****ing way, pivot is in.
sign me up collab messiah.
also
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wU7vu9XPnh8

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=beGF2kGupWQ

supranova
08-18-2008, 08:06 PM
Bump

Hopefully some more entries get handed in soon.

Rather Cheesy
08-18-2008, 08:20 PM
no ****ing way, pivot is in.
sign me up collab messiah.
also
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wU7vu9XPnh8

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=beGF2kGupWQ
I need an example of your pivot skills in order to let you use pivot, I won't let noobs use pivot. I'll let you use it if you're really good with it. This is all explained on the front page. Make sure you read it all.

Cory
08-20-2008, 09:49 PM
hmmm this is convenient. I'm working on a batman animation already. Can I join? (its fullbody)

kinto
08-20-2008, 10:46 PM
Cory esh ghey.

Sorry about the delay. I've been on vacation and I haven't been able to get internet.

Cory
08-20-2008, 10:59 PM
why so hostile?

Rather Cheesy
08-20-2008, 11:22 PM
Why so serious?

Yes you can join Cory, but like everyone else, if its bad I won't accept it.

Cory
08-20-2008, 11:33 PM
thanks I understand, and nice use of the batman quote.

Raffi
08-21-2008, 02:13 AM
I'm still lolling at youer sig, Cheesy.

supranova
08-25-2008, 02:36 PM
Bump

I have a bad feeling that this will need a due date extension...

Ill make another entry if there is.

Rather Cheesy
08-25-2008, 03:03 PM
Yeah, I'm sorry supernova, but I think this is a failure, but I'll give it one last ditch effort.

EVERYONE HAS ONE WEEK TO SEND ME AN ENTRY! I WILL NOT PIECE TOGETHER THE FINAL PRODUCT UNLESS I HAVE A MINIMUM OF 8 ENTRIES!

So if I don't get roughly 5 entries [from more than one or two people -_-] in this week, you can all do whatever you want with your entries. It not worth my time to piece together 3-4 entries now that school has started.

Freddeh
08-25-2008, 03:10 PM
Um. RC, is it okay if I make an animation in the coming days?
I saw The Dark Knight at the cinema yesterday and it was awesome.

I'll start mine today or tomorrow if I'm accepted to join it. :)

mindcontrol
09-04-2008, 10:43 AM
hey dude sorry my pt. wasn't sent iwas put the final toughes on it and it was erased during a big storm out here, + i've been busy with school so im really sorry dude T_T

Rather Cheesy
09-04-2008, 03:36 PM
This has been dead for awhile now guys, I'm not going to put any more effort into it to get it to work, I got better things to do. Sorry.

CLOSED (Idea is up for grabs if you wanna take over...)