PDA

View Full Version : Blade Mercenaries

Pages : [1] 2

Haru
06-19-2015, 02:02 PM
Blade Mercenaries
Motto: We carry out our mission at all costs.(most of the time)

Clan Story and Description:

Clan Story:

As a youngster, Kiro Sarr found himself in need of a job, since he needed money for himself like anyone else in this world. So he started to accept contracts of all sorts, such as assassination, being a body-guard, hunting, usually dangerous jobs nobody else would dare pick. Because of this, Kiro was eventually called a mercenary and people started looking for him, instead of him looking for them. With all these contracts being sent to him, each one paying more than the last, he couldn't help but accept each and every one. But, as one would expect, there were more contracts than any one person could handle, so he invited people to work alongside him, splitting the rewards from each contract.

He decided that this would be the start of a mercenary clan, and a clan needed a name. He couldn't be bothered with anything too flashy, so he made a name that showed that the group were straight, sharp, to the point and were as hard as steel. Like a blade. And so they became the Blade Mercenaries.

Clan Description:
The Blade Mercenaries are a band of people set on accepting and preforming jobs that require special personnel. They get the job done.

Clan Members: Kiro Sarr (http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?91960-Kiro-Sarr) 0/0/0
Leader Leader of this new clan, Kiro has become more serious than before, but still loves his music.

Catena, Goddess of the Chain (http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?94429-Catena-Goddess-of-the-Chain-Available!) 0/1/0
Co-Leader A powerful and tough girl who can summon chains, She is Blade Mercenaries' Co-Leader.

The Lion of Palestine ( "http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?103141-The-Lion-of-Palestine")2/0/1
Member A new addition, Al-Abbas min Filastin brings a welcome truckload of battle experience to the clan.

Clan Allies and Rivals:The Blade Mercenaries are neutral.
Ally: Night Creatures (http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?96623-Night-Creatures-Rebirth): Just Rebirthed, they are welcomed as allies as their leader is friends with
the Shadowolf. Kiro and Leoncio have not yet met face to face yet, however.
Ally: Observer Protocol (http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?61017-Observer-Protocol-60-Origins) To be added....

Rival: The Network (http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?96210-The-Network-Tryouts-Open-3-6): Lost seems to have a bone to pick with Kiro and Catena. They do not return warmth, finding his kills non-efficient and amateurish.
They do not appreciate his group getting in their way, either.
Rival: Six (http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?97811-80-6-Resting) This professional killer outclasses the Blade Mercenaries due to experience.
Kiro knows it will take quite a lot to bring her down.

Clan Events: In the works.

Clan tryouts: 2 ways, just like The Wind Chasers. -If I invite you, and you accept, then you may get in.
-If I did not invite you, send me a PM, and I will assign you a task.

IRC Channel: #BladeMerc

Vern
06-19-2015, 02:15 PM
Le first

Good luck Haru, I'll keep an eye on this clan (⌐■_■)

All in all, this still seems a bit rough everywhere, but if you believe you can pull it off I can do nothing but support you :).

Haru
06-19-2015, 03:12 PM
Yeah, It is. It doesn't really look that good without a flag and some more members, but I'll be recruiting some!
Thanks Vern!

RichardLongflop
06-19-2015, 03:26 PM
I don't think wRHG clans have flags, Haru. I think it'd look better with more words and formatting.

Vern
06-19-2015, 03:29 PM
Yeah, It is. It doesn't really look that good without a flag and some more members, but I'll be recruiting some!
Thanks Vern!

Figured to tell you it still feels pretty empty all around. wRHG is a story driven section but your clan seems to have little of it. I'm glad to see more clans, but perhaps try to think of some clever little storyline? :)
Also I suggest not putting your standards for recruiting too high (and with that I mean be really open, don't put the bar higher than your own skill level ;) ).

Haru
06-19-2015, 03:31 PM
Alllright! Working on it fellows!
And don't worry, I'll try to make my members around my skill level.
which means we will be the rookie clan ._.
EDIT: My mind is blank right now. Lemme just break a little bit..

Chaotic Penguin
06-19-2015, 05:33 PM
Alright. I was just appointed as co-leader, so expect some serious changes to the not so well done front page. Good ones. Let's do this.

Haru
06-19-2015, 05:43 PM
Yep, I should've announced that.
Alright, Chaotic, what do you want below your member name? A mini biography?

Chaotic Penguin
06-19-2015, 07:01 PM
Yep, I should've announced that.
Alright, Chaotic, what do you want below your member name? A mini biography?

Yeah, that would be good. Maybe a link to my wRHG. You should add yours too.
On an editing note, make headers larger, subheaders slightly smaller, and the text normal.

Crank
06-19-2015, 07:06 PM
Always interesting when a new clan rises, and I see you've already got your first member!

Best of luck gentlemen, I look forward to seeing what the Blade Mercenaries have in store!

Urako
06-19-2015, 08:38 PM
I have to say congratulations on the new clan. Good luck. As for you Chaotic Penguin. I know you wanted to join the Wind Chasers. It's too bad about the size limit. But i'm glad this clan sprang up for you. Good luck to you to.

Haru
06-19-2015, 08:44 PM
Being honest, I think both of us wanted to join the Wind Chasers. I sent a PM to Ken, and now I understand why he did not say anything back. My apologies to him.

Chaotic Penguin
06-19-2015, 09:05 PM
Being honest, I think both of us wanted to join the Wind Chasers. I sent a PM to Ken, and now I understand why he did not say anything back. My apologies to him.

Haha. Yeah he forgot to pm you back. I had to pm him again. Anyways, I'll send you a draft of our new clan layout within the week. I hope.

Haru
06-19-2015, 09:51 PM
Alright.
Go Chaotic! I am really messy XD but I hope he can help me!
EDIT: Searching for our third member now! It's hard to find people, though, most are way above my league..

Crank
06-21-2015, 02:53 PM
Aw, don't be like that!

If I had to guess, I'd say the two biggest things people look for with clans are story and activity. To be honest with ya, if you were both a bit more active in the Writer's Lounge with other people's stories and whatnot, it could do you some good! Especially new people, but you could be able to draw some inscribed back too. That being said, inactive people do run the risk of continuing to be inactive though

Haru
06-21-2015, 04:11 PM
Alright.. Thanks Crank!
Chaotic Penguin I think will help me with making a better story. But I think we can get the activity down.

Chaotic Penguin
06-21-2015, 04:52 PM
Hah, Crank's right. I sorta just like in here every now and then; now that I'm in a clan I should probably start coming here more. I'm working on you're story now, Haru.

Vern
06-23-2015, 03:06 PM
Hah, Crank's right. I sorta just like in here every now and then; now that I'm in a clan I should probably start coming here more. I'm working on you're story now, Haru.

Heh, believe me when I say that activity is key in a clan. OP Sorta died out the last month because there seems to be a lot going on with its members, that's consuming their activity.
Regardless, if you want a hand in the story, I don't mind helping.

Oh, and if it's still two (or perhaps three?) of you guys in a week or two, I could offer ya up with a neat surprise :3 (This does not mean I'm gonna join you, so don't get ya hopes up ;) ).

Haru
06-23-2015, 04:58 PM
It's alright Vern, I never get my hopes up...Jk, but its fine.
Waiting for the new story, and then Me and Chaotic(and you vern if you want) can help make it even better!

Chaotic Penguin
06-23-2015, 07:52 PM
Yo, Haru, your inbox is full (might wanna clear it), so I couldn't send you the updated version of the clan story.

As a youngster, Kiro Sarr found himself in need of a job, since he needed money for himself like anyone else in this world. So he started to accept contracts of all sorts, such as assassination, being a body-guard, hunting, usually dangerous jobs nobody else would dare pick. Because of this, Kiro was eventaully called a mercenary and people started looking for him, instead of him looking for them. With all these contracts being sent to him, each one paying more than the last, he couldn't help but accept each and every one. But, as one would expect, there were more contracts than any one person could handle, so he invited people to work alongside him, splitting the rewards from each contract.

He decided that this would be the start of a mercenary clan, and a clan needed a name. He couldn't be bothered with anything too flashy, so he made a name that showed that the group were straight, sharp, to the point and were as hard as steel. Like a blade. And so they became the Blade Mercenaries.

Haru
06-23-2015, 08:01 PM
Alright! Working on it!
Edit: Front page has been Improved!
Also, Here is me thinking of this clan's name way back..

Haru: Hmm.. Something cool, not too flashy.
The blade? NOPE!
Um.. Chaotic Blade? NOPE!
Chaotic Scythe? Too dark.
Fist of-We don't even USE fists!
Agh..
*thinking period of 5 minutes*
Aha! Blade Mercenaries!

RichardLongflop
06-23-2015, 08:21 PM
I done wrote that. :3

Chaotic Penguin
06-23-2015, 08:39 PM
I done wrote that. :3

You done edited that. :L

Haru
06-23-2015, 08:47 PM
I done...Posted that. :I
UPDATE: I'm having a bit of trouble finding our 3rd member, so maybe Chaotic and I can do something to not let our skills dull!
I am planning something...Stay tuned!

PitchEnder
06-26-2015, 10:00 AM
you are looking for a clan member? THEN LOOK NO FURTHER

i already pmed you i just really wanted to post that

Vern
06-26-2015, 11:22 AM
you are looking for a clan member? THEN LOOK NO FURTHER

i already pmed you i just really wanted to post that

You can't really begin doing anything as long as your character is not approved, just pointing that out.
As far as I remember, there were quite a few issues with your character, so I suggest revising that before you go join clans or fight people.

PitchEnder
06-26-2015, 11:31 AM
I don't know if you noticed but I've changed my character… if you want to check that out.

okie dokie here is my tryout

Blade Mercenaries Tryout

Friday, June 26th 2015, Lost had just recently completed his 100th assassination of a criminal. But Lost did not take the time to celebrate nor did he have to capability to. Instead, Lost was walking through out town. The name of the town was of no importance; the only thing that was important was finding a new criminal to kill. It was nighttime so there weren’t very many people on the streets, just the occasional drunken bum or lonely girl walking home from a night of drinking.

It was just then, while Lost was scanning his surroundings, that he saw a man in a suit chained up to a wall. Lost quickly headed towards the man to un-chain him. The man didn’t seem too happy about this since he was shaking his head rapidly from side to side. Lost didn’t understand this fully because his facial recognition update had yet to be installed. But that didn’t matter anyway as there was the sound of a metal pipe hitting the back of Lost’s head.

“Error, severe blow to the head received, activate repair protocol” Lost said, before the world went black.

“Rebooting” Lost opened his mechanical eyes to see a small, dark room surrounding him. He was sitting in an old wooden chair with his arms tied around his back, with chains. Lost quickly scanned the room and found two life forms standing in the shadows. Lost squirmed trying to move his arm to the point where he could press the buttons on his wrist.

“I thought you said it shutdown!” The female said.

“I thought it did!” The man said in reply.

Lost ignored their arguing and he quickly punched numbers into the buttons on his wrist. After a few seconds he teleported out of his chair. Both the male and the female open their mouths to speak, But were interrupted by Lost who grabbed both of their heads and smashed them together. The two tumbled to the ground. Lost quickly went over to stomp on the man’s head only to have chains wrap around his leg and pull him down.

“You didn’t think it would be that easy do you?” The woman said while chains formed a sword in her hand. Lost turned and pointed his arm gun at her but soon afterwards the man punched him in the back of the head followed by a swift kick to Lost’s free leg, making him fall to the ground with a thud, the faint sound of rap music coming from the man’s headphones.

Then, the man tried to stomp on Lost’s head. Lost put up a shield and blocked the kick, then he shot a bullet at the woman. The woman blocked the bullet with chainmail armor wrapped around her leg, but by the time she looked up Lost already had the man on the ground with a gun pointed at his head.

“Look we can talk this out man to uh.. Machine!” The man said looking up the barrel of the gun. But Lost wasn’t buying any of it and pulled the trigger. But instead of the bullet connecting with the target it hit the floor. A chain wrapped around Lost’s neck and pulled him to the ground hitting his already dented head, He blacked out. The man was standing over him smiling.

“I told you we could talk” The man said. Lost rebooted and his eyes flickered back to life.

“System restart was activated, searching for new owner.” Lost looked at the man and his eyes changed to a bright green. “Greetings, my name is Lost”

“Welcome to the team Lost” The man said.

That took me long than i thought it would take to make that.

Chaotic Penguin
06-26-2015, 07:34 PM
HARU PLEASE EMPTY YOUR PM, SENTMAIL!

Anyways. Me and Haru will talk about your tryout.

PitchEnder
06-27-2015, 07:32 AM
Ok i will wait for a response n such.

I'm guessing wRHG Isn't very popular is it.
Haven't seen a lot of people on the page XD

Vern
06-29-2015, 10:38 AM
Ok i will wait for a response n such.

I'm guessing wRHG Isn't very popular is it.
Haven't seen a lot of people on the page XD

Well it's true that the wRHG is certainly less popular than the animated one. Despite that there's still a good deal of people out there, they simply don't post that often or are simply not that active, that's the way I figure it.

PitchEnder
06-29-2015, 10:53 AM
FINALLY someone posted. I can talk again without editing so I better make this one count... Sort of

Will there be clan signatures and rules for the members? Because the clan seems very .. Bare bones right now. Which is ok :D

Also HI WAFFLES

RichardLongflop
06-29-2015, 11:05 AM
I always check the newest posts. Don't be like that if you see me just viewing a thread.

PitchEnder
06-29-2015, 11:18 AM
XD but I've made it my sworn duty to say hi to you whenever I see you

also another thing about the clan. Are you going to post tryouts? You know to see how the members got into the clan?

Haru
06-29-2015, 04:45 PM
OK Pitch...
I CnC'ed yours, and Chaotic Penguin is doing it right now.
There will be no clan signatures. I don't feel like it is needed. The other ones don't need it.
This is not a RHG clan.
Rules will be incoming, but here are three.
1. Do not skip weekly's unless you tell me beforehand or have something important during the time.
2. Respect ALL wRHG members.
3. Try your best.
As soon as Chaotic finishes, we will give our combined statement.

PitchEnder
06-29-2015, 05:14 PM
Oh ok. If I get accepted I'll be sure to follow those rules

Haru
07-01-2015, 06:21 AM
Okay guys...
I've made my decision.
Pitch is NOT in Blade Mercenaries.
Reason: Me and Chaotic feel that you could've done a bit more. Maybe more words, more detail. Work on detail, grammar, and word count.
Sorry Pitch. You can try again if you wish.

PitchEnder
07-01-2015, 06:49 AM
Ok makes sense but more words? I had 600+ words..you said I only needed 500

Urako
07-01-2015, 07:28 AM
PitchEnder has a point. If 500 is not enough, you shouldn't say it is.

I suggest raising the minimum as to give the tryouts less disappointments.

Chaotic Penguin
07-01-2015, 10:42 AM
PitchEnder has a point. If 500 is not enough, you shouldn't say it is.

I suggest raising the minimum as to give the tryouts less disappointments.

Wait... there was a word limit? I wasn't aware of this. =.=
Give me a bit while I sort this out Pitch...

Urako
07-01-2015, 10:45 AM
Wait... there was a word limit? I wasn't aware of this. =.=
Give me a bit while I sort this out Pitch...

I said minimum. Although i suppose there is some sort of word limit since people won't read things that are too long.

Chaotic Penguin
07-01-2015, 10:55 AM
I said minimum. Although i suppose there is some sort of word limit since people won't read things that are too long.

Sorry I meant minimum -.-

PitchEnder
07-01-2015, 10:56 AM
Yeah when i got the tryout he told me there was a 500 word minimum

Hm … detail..

Haru
07-01-2015, 04:31 PM
Alright....
Sorry about that Pitch...
But still, I would like a bit more detail.
Like, instead of me throwing a punch, I think Kiro would've been putting on his brass knuckles and THEN doing a punch. Because him doing a punch can't dent a robot.
But yeah. I will read the story again, and Pitch, you have another chance.

PitchEnder
07-01-2015, 04:33 PM
Thank you for giving me another chance ^_^

Haru
07-01-2015, 04:45 PM
"The steel door swung open with a loud creak. Kiro walked in and stared at Lost. "Mr.Lost, we have reviewed your skills, and you are..."
"In. Congrats. Welcome to Blade."

Chaotic Penguin
07-01-2015, 04:46 PM
"The steel door swung open with a loud creak. Kiro walked in and stared at Lost. "Mr.Lost, we have reviewed your skills, and you are..."
"In. Congrats. Welcome to Blade."

Never do that again.

By the way Pitch stop greeting Waffles, it's really annoying.

Haru
07-01-2015, 04:53 PM
Never do what again? I'm sorry, I do not get it.
You mean don't put it in white, or don't do my snobbish behavior again?
I'm sorry for the second one, not so much for the first.

Chaotic Penguin
07-01-2015, 04:56 PM
Never do what again? I'm sorry, I do not get it.
You mean don't put it in white, or don't do my snobbish behavior again?
I'm sorry for the second one, not so much for the first.

Turning everything into a story. Something along the lines of

Welcome to the clan, Pitch. Congratulations.

Also remember the story was on how he got into the clan, so there's no need to address him as Lost.

Haru
07-01-2015, 04:58 PM
Ohhhhhh....
AGH im so dumb!!!!
Oh well.
GL on your battle with Malacal! I think you can beat him!

Vern
07-01-2015, 05:03 PM
Ohhhhhh....
AGH im so dumb!!!!
Oh well.

I very much would like to see Malacal win for once, I think he can pull this one off.

And I don't mean to put myself against Chaotic this way, by no means do I do ^^. I'm wishing you both most of luck, and most of fun writing ;)

Chaotic Penguin
07-01-2015, 05:07 PM
I very much would like to see Malacal win for once, I think he can pull this one off.

And I don't mean to put myself against Chaotic this way, by no means do I do ^^. I'm wishing you both most of luck, and most of fun writing ;)

A certain someone agrees that he needs to win a few. He might have this one, but
I'm not letting him off easy.

PitchEnder
07-01-2015, 05:11 PM
Ok fine I'll stop greeting waffles senpai sama san chan. Thanks for letting me in :D

Chaotic Penguin
07-01-2015, 05:14 PM
Ok fine I'll stop greeting waffles senpai sama san chan. Thanks for letting me in :D

Don't do that either. Please.
Senpai? Whatever.
That... Thing? No.

RichardLongflop
07-01-2015, 05:26 PM
I'm Senpai as fuck.

Also yeah, stop calling me out. Thanks.

PitchEnder
07-01-2015, 05:28 PM
Ouch ... Right in my freedom of speech ... Jk

Chaotic Penguin
07-01-2015, 05:32 PM
I'm Senpai as fuck.

Also yeah, stop calling me out. Thanks.

No problem.

Malacal
07-01-2015, 09:12 PM
Guys...

Guys! I don't suck!
Lmao, in all seriousness, congrats on your third member. Also, I'VE ONE ONCE BEFORE VERN! SHEEZ, Y'ALL ACT LIKE I AIN'T EVER WON ONCE.

Chaotic Penguin
07-01-2015, 09:15 PM
They're still thinking about the time when you were last on the wRHG rankings.

Crank
07-01-2015, 09:33 PM
So long as the topic was on scores, back on FA it took me about 5,6 battles to actually pick up a win, so it really doesn't matter where you start so long as you keep moving

Also purging the past. Very helpful.

Congrats on gaining a #3, and best of luck getting the 4!

PitchEnder
07-02-2015, 08:16 AM
Should someone go to the clanless hall and advertise...

Vern
07-02-2015, 09:05 AM
Guys...

Guys! I don't suck!
Lmao, in all seriousness, congrats on your third member. Also, I'VE ONE ONCE BEFORE VERN! SHEEZ, Y'ALL ACT LIKE I AIN'T EVER WON ONCE.

I never claimed you didn't. I just saw you lose 4 times in a row, but I like you and your writing so I'm rooting for ya ^^. Don't look for an insult behind every comment ;)

RichardLongflop
07-02-2015, 10:10 AM
Should someone go to the clanless hall and advertise...

Clanless hall is for RHG clans. This is wRHG.

PitchEnder
07-02-2015, 11:22 AM
Well I'm sorry waffles I'm just trying to help.... Yezus...

this may be a weird question but what is the relationship type between the clan members

Haru
07-03-2015, 04:19 PM
Think about how your character is, then look at me and Chaotic's. Think what happens.
So Pitch, we are doing something with Vern, either a collab or a 3v1, or maybe a 2v2.
What do you think we should do?

Chaotic Penguin
07-03-2015, 04:35 PM
Think about how your character is, then look at me and Chaotic's. Think what happens.
So Pitch, we are doing something with Vern, either a collab or a 3v1, or maybe a 2v2.
What do you think we should do?

Oh Vern is definitely against the 3 of us.
The debate is how we go against him. He suggests that we collab together (via Google Doc, etc.) into one big piece against his. Due to his extreme writing capabilities (at least, word wise), I have started to agree with his recommendation.

Haru
07-03-2015, 05:44 PM
hmm
I think i agree too...
Now I just need to wait for Pitch...

Malacal
07-06-2015, 09:41 AM
I would recommend against a collab on a Google Doc. I would suggest you all write separate stories as collabs are balls to the wall difficult due to timezones and differences in work ethic. Also, you'll want to give Penguin some time to finish up his fight versus me before you go onto this. Although, that doesn't mean you have to wait on the battle poll to be put up. Just saying, when Chaotic says he's done with it, then you should probably do it.

Also, a clan member being banned is a big deal and you should probably give pitch some warning against being banned (like, do it again and you're out). You should probably ask him about it and tell him to stop. He's already been banned twice since joining the wRHG.

Chaotic Penguin
07-06-2015, 03:39 PM
I would recommend against a collab on a Google Doc. I would suggest you all write separate stories as collabs are balls to the wall difficult due to timezones and differences in work ethic. Also, you'll want to give Penguin some time to finish up his fight versus me before you go onto this. Although, that doesn't mean you have to wait on the battle poll to be put up. Just saying, when Chaotic says he's done with it, then you should probably do it.

Also, a clan member being banned is a big deal and you should probably give pitch some warning against being banned (like, do it again and you're out). You should probably ask him about it and tell him to stop. He's already been banned twice since joining the wRHG.

Thanks for the tip, but being one who's pretty lazy I quickly came to a consensus that we should just collaboration
Separate stories would be a pain to read, and the CnC would be a pain. I think.

I'm fine with either way of working this out.

Also, Pitch will be warned. When he gets back.

Haru
07-09-2015, 09:22 PM
Alright...
As soon as Chaotic is done with his battle, then we can start.
I will warn Pitch also, when he is back.

PitchEnder
07-11-2015, 06:11 AM
I'm back guys what's going on with the clan

Haru
07-11-2015, 08:21 AM
Well first of all,
I'll be gone from today to the 19th of July from stickpage due to a trip I'm going on.
Pitch, be careful not to be banned. If you get too many bans, then Chaotic and I might decided to kick you.

PitchEnder
07-11-2015, 11:24 AM
ok ill be careful

We should have clan roles like: clan Hunter or clan Healer.
I saw other clans doing this and i thought it was a cool concept.

Haru
07-19-2015, 10:59 AM
I'm getting impatient with you, Pitch..
One more ban, and Me and Chaotic might start discussing a kick.

RichardLongflop
07-19-2015, 12:36 PM
Pitch is in the small rather recent group of noobs that get banned via infraction overload every other week.

Shadowolf
07-21-2015, 07:06 PM
Okay, my first time on the page as a member.
A few notes:
First, update your member list. :))
Second, given Pitch's dubious status, I would be more than happy to help with the Vern challenge. (P.S. I already soooorrrttaaaa picked a fight with him anyway, though no challenge was actually issued. This will give a great excuse to whoop his a -- er, I mean, work on my writing skills. :rolleyes: )

Vern
07-22-2015, 01:35 PM
So Shadowolf joined you guys then?

Luckily, I am still at a point where I can fit you and your gladiator into my story for it to make sense. If Shado is indeed joining in on the battle, then please notify me in time, before it's too late.

This will give a great excuse to whoop his a -- er, I mean, work on my writing skills.

I'll pretend I didn't read that.

Chaotic Penguin
07-23-2015, 11:13 PM
So Shadowolf joined you guys then?

Luckily, I am still at a point where I can fit you and your gladiator into my story for it to make sense. If Shado is indeed joining in on the battle, then please notify me in time, before it's too late.

Heh. Well. Pitch might be kicked, but you can probably fit that somewhere. Shado I'm not too sure about. We'll notify you if anything changes.

Haru
07-24-2015, 08:45 AM
UPDATE:
-Pitch is kicked after getting banned multiple times

Shadowolf
07-24-2015, 01:17 PM
Well, I guess that settles the question. I'll be awaiting further instructions, cap'n.

PitchEnder
07-24-2015, 08:18 PM
UPDATE:
-Pitch is kicked after getting banned with no explanation.

No explanation? I was kicked because i posted on a post that was made a month ago -_- But whatever. This clan doesn't do anything anyway. i might make an entirely new wRHG now.

Haru
07-24-2015, 09:37 PM
Alright, I'll revise that.
But "This clan doesn't do anything anyway" is no good.
We are doing something, just we haven't been talking.
Also, with all those bans you got, I felt impatient, and me and Chaotic decided to kick you.
Gl on your future endeavors. and a new wRHG for you sounds good.
Maybe you should focus on RHG. You seem to be better at it.
End.

PitchEnder
07-25-2015, 05:18 PM
I think I'm going to keep my wRHG .... But crap dude I have no idea what to do with him now XD

Malacal
07-25-2015, 05:44 PM
I think I'm going to keep my wRHG .... But crap dude I have no idea what to do with him now XD

Kill people.

PitchEnder
07-25-2015, 06:24 PM
Kill people.

But I can't find the right person to "kill". I'm trying to find the right person to fight:/

Haru
07-25-2015, 06:36 PM
Wait. Just wait for one.

PitchEnder
07-25-2015, 06:38 PM
... I reaaally had to post on that old post and get myself banned didn't I?

Darn

Haru
07-29-2015, 12:32 PM
UPDATE: We are still planning for a collab/battle with Vern. Chaotic, got anything yet?

Shadowolf
07-29-2015, 05:18 PM
Haru, Chaotic has been in contact with me, and vice-versa. Here is a recap, just in case. Vern gave me the go-ahead.
Related problem: Gdocs and I have not been getting along lately (actually, its my laptop Google doesn't like...). If you give me the link, I THINK I will still be able to work out editing it in google. If not, I will keep you guys linked to my work (I'm using Zoho docs until google decides to be my friend again.), thus you will be able to read my work at your leisure, since I will copy-paste your Gdoc into mine. All my additions would be in bold, making them easy to locate and copy-paste into your Gdoc. We will have to tag-team this, but hey, there is an Olmypic competition race done that way, so why not an online battle?

Haru
07-29-2015, 05:23 PM
Alright...
WAIT WE ARE ALREADY STARTING?
AHHHHHHH
but yeah. Are we?

Shadowolf
07-29-2015, 06:00 PM
As far as I (and Vern) are aware, yes. I will, of course, be waiting for you to "Lead the Charge" Haru. Since you are the Leader, I think such things as the setting and general plot will need to be in your wheelhouse (though I am happy to supply ideas on those points).

Haru
07-29-2015, 06:27 PM
Alright...
Blade Merc. is a Mercenary Organization, correct? So maybe we were hired to take down Agent Gamma by a unknown stranger who would pay us Handsomely?
And the setting, well, there is a lot of places.

Shadowolf
07-29-2015, 09:26 PM
I do like the idea of a bounty battle, with us as the aggressors. As for setting, you're right in that it will cover a variety of scenes. Based upon Agent Gamma, however, why not base it in a suburban city/large town? No New York sorta city, but just your average Joe suburbs?

Haru
07-30-2015, 08:00 AM
Hmm.. How about we start in the Suburbs and as we fight, we cover more of it?

Shadowolf
07-30-2015, 09:19 PM
Sure. I was also thinking about a twist in the story, namely that the "mysterious caller" that pays us, turns out to be part of Gamma's "Organization", who is deliberately leading us into a trap. We, the hunters, turn out to be the hunted.
What do you think about that?

Haru
07-30-2015, 09:54 PM
Sounds great man! A twist is awesome!

PitchEnder
07-31-2015, 05:24 AM
Hey dude can our clans be allies?

Haru
07-31-2015, 08:27 AM
Ummm....
Maybe later. We'll see.

Chaotic Penguin
07-31-2015, 09:36 AM
Oh have I missed out. I was without internet for a few days.

--------
I like the idea of us going after Gamma for money, as well as the plot twist. You know, Gamma is assigned to take us out, and the mysterious caller lured us to him/them. We probably won't fight the caller though. He might show up, then leave.

PitchEnder
07-31-2015, 09:39 AM
Oh my god I just had a great idea for a clan thing HARU PM
ME

Malacal
07-31-2015, 10:46 AM
Guys, do you not have a google docs y'all could talk over? Or some other instant message system? It'd make all of this a heck of a lot easier.

Shadowolf
07-31-2015, 02:14 PM
I cant do Gdocs, Malacal, and while we could do Gmail hangouts, we are from different time zones (im pretty sure of this). The only other option is a G+ thread we could make, but that would waste time. Haru, if you like the options I just laid out, I'll send you my google info for you to add me.

Haru
07-31-2015, 02:30 PM
idk... You guys have anything?
Also, shadowolf, can you send your google info then?

Shadowolf
07-31-2015, 03:24 PM
Haru, I just sent you and Chaotic a PM with my info. I should be on for awhile still (though my sucky wifi might have other intentions), so I can keep in contact if you want.

Shadowolf
08-04-2015, 09:03 PM
Okay guys. NO work on this by you whatsoever. I had to share it to Haru since Chaotic didn't do it at all. So, here's the deal:

I will study all of your work, write the whole thing myself, then have you two edit it as you wish. That way it is done fast, yet still a collab. Deal?

Haru
08-04-2015, 09:21 PM
Sorry.. Haven't been checking my gmail.
Chaotic didn't share with me. We are in this together, however.
For some reason, cannot edit. Can you fix it?

Shadowolf
08-05-2015, 11:06 AM
I'll try to fix that editing issue....

EDIT: You should be able to edit it now.

Haru
08-16-2015, 03:34 PM
For those whose think we are dead...
Think again, cause we are going to show something cool...

Chaotic Penguin
08-17-2015, 12:15 AM
People think we're dead?

Vern
08-17-2015, 06:32 AM
People think we're dead?

Only those that have no clue what's been up think you're dead. I do suggest commencing with weeklies once we're done with this.

Well now that I've made my post here, might as well throw in some questions that've come to mind while working on the battle :

Chaotic, you haven't clarified Catena's age, so I'm left entirely guessing. My thoughts put her somewhere in her 20's? This isn't necessarily crucial info for the battle but it helps a big deal in understanding your character, and portraying her more accurately.
Concerning the "chains from earth" thing, I'm simply assuming that the chains can burst through asphalt and concrete as well if there's earth beneath them, or how does that work?

Haru, whilst writing I've found your character to quite honestly be the least intimidating of the three. Your powers are okay, but they lack versatility, and without proper hand to hand combat knowledge to back it up you're basically target practice for Gamma. And on that subject, Kiro feels a bit sloppy as a whole, there's little info on his personality, his appearance is quite flashy, though I guess that's okay, and his powers are extremely straightforward and easily dealt with by anyone smart enough to avoid or counter them. I'd suggest looking into your character a bit more, giving him a bit more thought and such...

Now Shado, we already talked and you're an alright guy, your writing is alright too. But god, your character is an insane toolbox. I don't really think people understand how ridiculous Shado is until they have to fight him, and I'm having incredible problems giving him a fair chance in the fight simply because there is absolutely nothing Gamma can do to him that he can't deal with. Your character has a billion different powers which don't even make logical sense, he can deal with pretty much any given scenario, and no wRHG character should have a nuke at their disposal, that's basically saying "Y'know what? fuck it idgaf".

But its your character, and you can do whatever you want with him. It's just that the way he is now, I can't help but feel like "Yo, wtf? OP?"

Now if there's any questions or issues you're having with Gamma, then you're free to fire away ^^ (It's agent Gamma, Shado, not agent Omega ;) )

Haru
08-17-2015, 01:04 PM
Alright,
Might see a little spice to my character soon. Any of you got any bright ideas?
I'm planning to make him less flashy. The main issue is the powers I guess, mainly because, as Vern said himself, they are easily countered. I am thinking of revamping his whole thing.
Maybe binning his thread and giving more thought. You guys concur?

Chaotic Penguin
08-17-2015, 07:16 PM
Chaotic, you haven't clarified Catena's age, so I'm left entirely guessing. My thoughts put her somewhere in her 20's? This isn't necessarily crucial info for the battle but it helps a big deal in understanding your character, and portraying her more accurately.
Concerning the "chains from earth" thing, I'm simply assuming that the chains can burst through asphalt and concrete as well if there's earth beneath them, or how does that work?

She around 20, I should've clarified.

Now if there's any questions or issues you're having with Gamma, then you're free to fire away ^^ (It's agent Gamma, Shado, not agent Omega ;) )

I mentioned Omega in the collab, must've confused him :D

---
Also, edit my score Haru. I've miserably lost one.

Shadowolf
08-22-2015, 11:15 AM
Vern, your inbox was full, so I am going to copy and paste you the section I added to my char page in response to your queries.

I have come to realize that many people think of SHado as a bit OP or toolbox-ish. Shado is not a “toolbox” by definition. He does not have a multiplicity of skills; he has only one skill, one ability modifier, and two specialty weapons. He is an extremely well rounded multitool, but not an OP toolbox. I will address these issues below, helping to rationalize all that I have written about him.

His skill (since his metal powers are one of the main issues here, I presume) is relatively easy to get around if you know what you are doing –

First, he does not control all metals. Modern alloys, titanium, and aluminum are some of the most prevalent examples.

Second, he is fully mortal. His strength allows him to take more damage than a normal person, but not much. While he can “coat himself in metal,” at the absolute MAX this is a half inch, and even that is pushing it. After all, he does need to be able to move, expand his lungs, etc. While this sounds like a lot, according to the Smithsonian a 1500’s proto-gun called a harquebus could shoot through well over an inch of steel plate. Though Shado usually uses tungsten (due to its greatly increased hardness), his armor is still mainly for light-to-moderate melee, light handguns, and machine guns.

Third, the metal will never seal off his mouth, nose, eyes, and ears (the outside of his ears are coated, but not the ear canal). Any damage dealt without his armor (or being blocked by his shield) will be fully felt. This includes things that target the exposed parts I just listed

Fourth, if you know even a little science, you will know that his powers help precious little with many forms of damage. Electricity (such as from Vern’s char Agent Gamma’s staff, or an EMP rifle, EMP grenade, tazer, etc.) will conduct through any of his metals (some less than others, but none are insulators). Acid will damage his skin, eyes, nose, and lungs…Flash grenades will blind him. Water will drown him. Napalm (though he is heat resistant, he is not fireproof) will burn him…you get the idea.

Fifth, the size/complexity factor of what he generates cannot be over-emphasized. Shado does not go “bippity-boppity-boop” and make anything he wants appear. He has to create it, and while he is extremely intelligent, and his mind is geared for using his power, he still has a normal brain. Most of what he works with – though often rather large – are relatively simple creations: steel columns, chucks of iron, molten ore, blades and spikes, chains, etc. Sure, if he really wanted to, he could build himself a giant Mecca suit and go on a rampage on his opponents. He will (probably…) never do that, though, since such a creation would literally take days for him to complete, and require insane multi-tasking to make function once he did complete it.

Sixth, his focus can be interrupted. If he is working on a more complex job (like his special weapons), putting too much pressure on him will prevent him from being able to focus well enough to complete his task. In cases such as this, he will usually only be able to use simple creations, perhaps a very basic gun or melee weapon at best.

As for his Lycanic abilities…

First, these are limited to mortal power. He is immensely enhanced, but he is not comic-strip guru. He is fast, but not Flash. He is strong, but not Superman. He can take a lot of damage, but he is not the Hulk.

Second, his senses match those of a wild wolf (except for the fact that he sees in color, and has a human’s range of vision). While his sense of smell, hearing, and sight are vastly better than a normal human, they are not supernatural. Their weaknesses are the same as well. Put a dog-whistle (or similarly high pitched sound) next to his ears, and you will cause his great pain (though not insurmountable). An extremely powerful low pitch (like the sound waves generated by earthquakes) will cause him even greater pain. Pepper spray will affect him more than the average person, even bringing him near unconsciousness with a direct, concentrated blast. (He does not have whiskers, so sense of touch is excluded.)

Third, since canines possess what is usually dubbed a “sixth sense,” so does Shado. When it comes to normal creatures, this is nothing more than a general feeling. He can sense when someone is preparing to kill him, and will be able to know the general direction, but nothing more. This basic sense is unaffected by distance. With supernatural powers this sense becomes more detailed, allowing him to know their specific location, anticipate their actions, and even be resistant to magical and other supernatural forms of damage. This level of enhancement only applies to close range, however, and quickly declines with distance.

And finally, the issue we all have been waiting for…his nuclear spear…

I will make this as concise as possible:
1) Shado will only use his nuke when he is isolated enough that the blast will not harm any innocents/friendlies.
2) Shado will only use his nuke when there is no wind, and he is isolated enough that the radioactive fallout will not harm any innocents/friendlies.
3) Shado will only use his nuke when he considers it fair and gentlemanly to do so (in other words, he will keep the odds even, thus limiting the use of his nuke to extremely powerful – supernaturally so – opponents).
4) Shado will only use his nuke when he is certain that he will be able to create his “bomb shelter” without interruption (though designed to fit only himself, this dome-like structure is moderately large and meticulously designed, see the size/complexity factor under his skill section above).
5) Shado will only use his nuke when he is certain that he will be able to detonate it without interruption (detonating his spear-tip is not a simple matter. It is a complex atomic process that, though he has practiced it to perfection, still takes a little bit of time. If he is forced to shift his focus while part-way through this process, the spear tip with either be decapacitated due to rapid nuclear decay at that stage, or will become unstable and randomly detonate later.)
6) It must be remembered that Shado can be killed by his own nuke. He is only resistant enough to stand the after-effects safely, not the blast.
7) It must be remembered that Shado must throw the spear, and that such range is not particularly far due to its great size and mass. Otherwise, it must be planted on or near the target manually.
8) It must be remembered that Shado must be able to keep track of the spear in order to detonate it. If he loses track of it for any reason (he is forced to do too many other things that he forgets where it is, or he plants it on a moving target that he then loses track of before he can detonate it…) then he cannot detonate it. There is no automatic mental link between him and his spear. Though intense focus allows him to detonate it out of sight, more often than not he will have too many things on his plate to be able to that. Thus, detonation is TYPICALLY limited to line of sight.

All in all, due to the limitations above, Shado will almost never actually use the nuclear capabilities of his spear. Due to factor number 3, most wRHG characters will never even need to fear the spear (although he would never communicate this, so they will not know that they are safe…).
His only use of it so far was against Marcus Regulus by Aric Kale (see the battle on my char page). We will evaluate the factors of that as an example.
First, the factory complex was abandoned and isolated, and there was little-to-no wind.
Secondly, Marcus’s use of both protection AND healing runes made him almost indestructible by normal means. It is to be noted that the nuke greatly drained Marcus’s “Life Force,” but did not kill him. In short, the extreme power of Shado’s nuke was in keeping with his opponent’s extreme damage-tanking abilities.
Third, Marcus lost track of Shado, giving him enough time to build his shelter, and then detonate his spear.
Fourth, the spear remained in line of sight throughout the battle. Additionally, Shado kept it in mind throughout the battle as well.
Fifth, the spearhead was manually planted (though not intentionally) near his target, thus making it effective.

Hopefully this helps rationalize The Shadowolf.

Haru...just a note, my char now has 2 victories...could you please adjust that on the stats?

Vern
08-22-2015, 06:46 PM
Vern, your inbox was full, so I am going to copy and paste you the section I added to my char page in response to your queries.

I have come to realize that many people think of SHado as a bit OP or toolbox-ish. Shado is not a “toolbox” by definition. He does not have a multiplicity of skills; he has only one skill, one ability modifier, and two specialty weapons. He is an extremely well rounded multitool, but not an OP toolbox. I will address these issues below, helping to rationalize all that I have written about him.

His skill (since his metal powers are one of the main issues here, I presume) is relatively easy to get around if you know what you are doing –

First, he does not control all metals. Modern alloys, titanium, and aluminum are some of the most prevalent examples.

Second, he is fully mortal. His strength allows him to take more damage than a normal person, but not much. While he can “coat himself in metal,” at the absolute MAX this is a half inch, and even that is pushing it. After all, he does need to be able to move, expand his lungs, etc. While this sounds like a lot, according to the Smithsonian a 1500’s proto-gun called a harquebus could shoot through well over an inch of steel plate. Though Shado usually uses tungsten (due to its greatly increased hardness), his armor is still mainly for light-to-moderate melee, light handguns, and machine guns.

Third, the metal will never seal off his mouth, nose, eyes, and ears (the outside of his ears are coated, but not the ear canal). Any damage dealt without his armor (or being blocked by his shield) will be fully felt. This includes things that target the exposed parts I just listed

Fourth, if you know even a little science, you will know that his powers help precious little with many forms of damage. Electricity (such as from Vern’s char Agent Gamma’s staff, or an EMP rifle, EMP grenade, tazer, etc.) will conduct through any of his metals (some less than others, but none are insulators). Acid will damage his skin, eyes, nose, and lungs…Flash grenades will blind him. Water will drown him. Napalm (though he is heat resistant, he is not fireproof) will burn him…you get the idea.

Fifth, the size/complexity factor of what he generates cannot be over-emphasized. Shado does not go “bippity-boppity-boop” and make anything he wants appear. He has to create it, and while he is extremely intelligent, and his mind is geared for using his power, he still has a normal brain. Most of what he works with – though often rather large – are relatively simple creations: steel columns, chucks of iron, molten ore, blades and spikes, chains, etc. Sure, if he really wanted to, he could build himself a giant Mecca suit and go on a rampage on his opponents. He will (probably…) never do that, though, since such a creation would literally take days for him to complete, and require insane multi-tasking to make function once he did complete it.

Sixth, his focus can be interrupted. If he is working on a more complex job (like his special weapons), putting too much pressure on him will prevent him from being able to focus well enough to complete his task. In cases such as this, he will usually only be able to use simple creations, perhaps a very basic gun or melee weapon at best.

As for his Lycanic abilities…

First, these are limited to mortal power. He is immensely enhanced, but he is not comic-strip guru. He is fast, but not Flash. He is strong, but not Superman. He can take a lot of damage, but he is not the Hulk.

Second, his senses match those of a wild wolf (except for the fact that he sees in color, and has a human’s range of vision). While his sense of smell, hearing, and sight are vastly better than a normal human, they are not supernatural. Their weaknesses are the same as well. Put a dog-whistle (or similarly high pitched sound) next to his ears, and you will cause his great pain (though not insurmountable). An extremely powerful low pitch (like the sound waves generated by earthquakes) will cause him even greater pain. Pepper spray will affect him more than the average person, even bringing him near unconsciousness with a direct, concentrated blast. (He does not have whiskers, so sense of touch is excluded.)

Third, since canines possess what is usually dubbed a “sixth sense,” so does Shado. When it comes to normal creatures, this is nothing more than a general feeling. He can sense when someone is preparing to kill him, and will be able to know the general direction, but nothing more. This basic sense is unaffected by distance. With supernatural powers this sense becomes more detailed, allowing him to know their specific location, anticipate their actions, and even be resistant to magical and other supernatural forms of damage. This level of enhancement only applies to close range, however, and quickly declines with distance.

And finally, the issue we all have been waiting for…his nuclear spear…

I will make this as concise as possible:
1) Shado will only use his nuke when he is isolated enough that the blast will not harm any innocents/friendlies.
2) Shado will only use his nuke when there is no wind, and he is isolated enough that the radioactive fallout will not harm any innocents/friendlies.
3) Shado will only use his nuke when he considers it fair and gentlemanly to do so (in other words, he will keep the odds even, thus limiting the use of his nuke to extremely powerful – supernaturally so – opponents).
4) Shado will only use his nuke when he is certain that he will be able to create his “bomb shelter” without interruption (though designed to fit only himself, this dome-like structure is moderately large and meticulously designed, see the size/complexity factor under his skill section above).
5) Shado will only use his nuke when he is certain that he will be able to detonate it without interruption (detonating his spear-tip is not a simple matter. It is a complex atomic process that, though he has practiced it to perfection, still takes a little bit of time. If he is forced to shift his focus while part-way through this process, the spear tip with either be decapacitated due to rapid nuclear decay at that stage, or will become unstable and randomly detonate later.)
6) It must be remembered that Shado can be killed by his own nuke. He is only resistant enough to stand the after-effects safely, not the blast.
7) It must be remembered that Shado must throw the spear, and that such range is not particularly far due to its great size and mass. Otherwise, it must be planted on or near the target manually.
8) It must be remembered that Shado must be able to keep track of the spear in order to detonate it. If he loses track of it for any reason (he is forced to do too many other things that he forgets where it is, or he plants it on a moving target that he then loses track of before he can detonate it…) then he cannot detonate it. There is no automatic mental link between him and his spear. Though intense focus allows him to detonate it out of sight, more often than not he will have too many things on his plate to be able to that. Thus, detonation is TYPICALLY limited to line of sight.

All in all, due to the limitations above, Shado will almost never actually use the nuclear capabilities of his spear. Due to factor number 3, most wRHG characters will never even need to fear the spear (although he would never communicate this, so they will not know that they are safe…).
His only use of it so far was against Marcus Regulus by Aric Kale (see the battle on my char page). We will evaluate the factors of that as an example.
First, the factory complex was abandoned and isolated, and there was little-to-no wind.
Secondly, Marcus’s use of both protection AND healing runes made him almost indestructible by normal means. It is to be noted that the nuke greatly drained Marcus’s “Life Force,” but did not kill him. In short, the extreme power of Shado’s nuke was in keeping with his opponent’s extreme damage-tanking abilities.
Third, Marcus lost track of Shado, giving him enough time to build his shelter, and then detonate his spear.
Fourth, the spear remained in line of sight throughout the battle. Additionally, Shado kept it in mind throughout the battle as well.
Fifth, the spearhead was manually planted (though not intentionally) near his target, thus making it effective.

Hopefully this helps rationalize The Shadowolf.

Let's take a closer look then shall we?

First things first, if you want me to understand any of the measurements you use, I suggest switching to metric system. For all I know 0.5 inches is 5 gazillion kilometres (Well I know it isn't, but you get the gest).

Now, let me get one thing clear right off the bat : In not a single possible situation would a RHG gladiator need a nuke to solve his problems, unless you plan on turning Shado into Mecha Hitler Bin Laden. Oh there might be logic behind it all, sure, but in the end we're talking about nuclear-grade weaponry which basically vaporizes anything in its blast radius. If you truly can't find a possible other way to beat someone like Marcus with the toolbox that is Shado, then you only have your own lack of creative insight to blame. Using a nuke to solve your problems is basically a big "fuck you" to your audience and your writing skills, because it just shows you're too lazy/incapable of coming up with something better. And no, nuclear explosions are NOT enticing to read, let me make that clear.

Clearly, you wish for people to take Shado a bit more seriously, well there's a few... *ahem* factors (I won't bring up all the fuss about him being a furry because that's probably been mentioned more than enough by now) which make it kinda hard to do so. Him being in the possession of a nuke, or even needing to have one in the first place, is one of those factors, for the reasons mentioned above.

Now you do a good job rationalizing his metalbending powers, but that's mostly from your perspective. Now put yourself in our shoes, sure, our characters have some ways to deal with specific things, but far from everyone has the "scientific" kind of attacks you mentioned, most either only specialize in a single aspect, or have a weakened version (Gamma's staff will run out of power before the jolt could ever kill you, for example). Sure I could try to burn you down with my firebender, but if that's the only thing I can do to you since my average hand-to-hand will never pace up with your raw strength, then that's rather straightforward for you to avoid, isn't it?

The big issue with Shado is not that he can bend metal and is a semi-wolf, but that these powers have been buffed in such a way that they cover up for each others weaknesses, leaving a character that can basically survive anything thrown at him, though his opponents might not be so lucky. Sure your weapons might be clumsy in close-quarters combat but that's irrelevant, since you'll still fuck up most people simply because you're a wolf, and their hand-to-hand combat aint gonna do much for them if you cut open their intestines with one haul of your claws. It's like playing against a ranged version of Riven (if you're into LoL), one mistake and he fucks you up, but he can make a 1.000.000 mistakes before it actually matters a shit.

Characters in the RHG most of the times are specialists, excelling in a certain field and having a few tricks up their sleeves to deal with their weak spots, but in the end they're nothing more than tricks. Or you have those that could rightfully be called multitools, who focus on versatility over specialization. They own a wider variation of abilities that can cover a wide range of situations, but those are usually linked together some way or another and are usually more limited than the specialized powers.

The issue with Shado is that he has multiple major abilities, that are seemingly just a random clutter of what you thought would be cool thrown into a blender and mixed into one character. The thing with good characters is that you choose a gimmic, then work your way out of that gimmic. For example, Gamma's gimmic is that of the highly-trained infiltration agent. Kiro's gimmic is musical-enhancement, and Catena's gimmic is rather straightforward, simple chain manipulation. Shado, however, doesn't really have a specific "gimmic".

Allow me to be more elaborate on my train of thought

He's a half-wolf, okay so he's like a rampaging werewolf then?

"Nope, he's incredibly stoic and civilized."

Oh, so he's like a civilized werewolf, fighting evil with his Lycan abilities?

"Yeah, but he can also bend AND generate darker metals! You know, because Lycans totally need that power. So he's a wolf who can basically fuck you up close and personal, but if your character's good at that then Shado will just back off and crap on you with metal bending instead."

"Okay... I see?"

"Yeah, just in case, he also has a huge ass spear and a buckler that duals as a fucking machine gun, because not only is he basically a wolf that can fuck you up and a metalbender that can crap on you if you don't exactly struggle with wolves, he was also some sort of modern-time celtic warrior, so in case he feels like not being a wolf or a metalbender, he can still go back to being a celtic warrior."

"That doesn't make a lot of sense. I mean, sounds like he's 3 different people at once... Heck, why'd you bother being Catena, if you can just be Shado instead? Why be Seriff if you can just be Shado? Why be Leoncio if you can be Shado? He does what she does, and more!"

"Oh, I forgot to mention : He also has a sixth sense, so if you try to run he can just think really hard and then he knows where you are and he's probably faster than you, and if he's not he'll probably think of something to catch up with you, cuz he's smart like that. Also, because he's basically a dog, he's also basically a psychic, you know. Nature, science!"

"o_o? OP? So what're we supposed to do then? Most of our characters can't fight him because they lack the raw power required to overpower him, we can't outsmart him because he's basically a psychic, we can't hide cause he can smell AND sense us, we can't run because he can sense and catch up with us, we can't shoot him from a distance because then he'll just dodge it with his wolf speed, block it with his metal powers or some of that shit, and then will just continue to crap on us. So what're we supposed to do then?"

"Oh I'm sure you'll think of something. Also, he has a nuke."

http://www.filz.us/files/bb9343f3/63a/Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg

Now, you provided us with some rationalizations :

He is immensely enhanced, but he is not comic-strip guru.

Let me clarify : Comic-strip gurus are basically just humans with immensely enhanced abilities, so your argument makes no sense. You can't say things like "He's extremely swift, agile, strong, smart and smooth" and then say "He isn't some kinda superdude guys, he's mortal and has a few weak spots!". Sure, he might have a few weak spots, but try to imagine how incredibly hard it is going after those very specific spots when Shado is basically liable to fuck you up in less than a second. You're saying others could harm him, well perhaps they could, but that is after they first manage to survive the onslaught Shado is capable of sending their way (which isn't the least, to be honest), then manage to find a way to trump him some way or another, and THEN manage to wear him down enough to claim victory. This sounds like some Dark Souls bossfight to me, really.

The lycan traits are okay in themselves, the metalbending is cool on itself too, so is the weapons gimmic, but it's because you throw all of these things together into a single, smart and clever character that he becomes a toolbox (not necessarily "overpowered", but still very, very tough). The powers don't fit each other (heck, the only explanation we've been given is because some wraith, who apparently owns all of these properties, bestowed these powers on Shado, but that wraith on himself is a toolbox too.) and that's what makes Shado even more of a toolbox. I guess you could say Gamma's a bit of a toolbox as well, but his strengths and abilities make sense for his gimmic, whereas Shado's gimmic is that of the "Lycan-metalbender-celticwarrior hybrid".

Now if all of this isn't enough to tell you that something's off about your character, then consider this : I could simply not possibly give Shado a single, fair chance in my battle, simply because there's no logical way for Gamma to deal with him properly in face-to-face combat. If I wanted to give Shado a fair chance I'd have to play the game super-meta and have Gamma depart with tonnes of equipment just for the sake of having a chance which Gamma himself deems reasonable enough. And I'm not facing you alone, I'm facing you AND Catena AND Kiro. Azure stated his displeasure portraying your character and giving him a fair shot as well.

Sure, I suppose it's fair that you have a way of dealing with Gamma's stealth, fair's fair. He has his weaknesses too and you can capitalize on that. Thing is, Shado can capitalize on a lot of weaknesses, whereas most characters have little to nothing on him. That's the point, you destroy Gamma because you can capitalize on his weaknesses, but he has absolutely nothing on you, while Gamma should be versatile enough to do.

Look, no matter how you turn it or look at it, Shado's always gonna be a bit of a toolbox this way, and no amount of rationalizing is going to change that. In the end he's still your character though, nothing's gonna change that, and you're free to do with him what you like ^^. I am merely stating the issues I'm having with your character as I try to bring him to life (and then get him killed ;) ) in my battles.

You claimed a forfeit too, I see... Well if he's unable to present then I guess that's alright, but forfeits are lame.

Shadowolf
08-24-2015, 04:43 PM
Vern.

First off, I want to say what I have already said to Waffles...Shado is a "carry-over" character (more or less), created about two years ago by me for a RP system that was much better fitted to his abilities (lot's of supernatural characters there...hence the "slayer" background I gave him.) Coming in to wRHG, I only had so much of an idea to go on regarding how battles balanced out here.

Also, like I said to Waffles...I have another (newer, better) character in the works. So expect Shado to fade from the scene (although the other character does have a storyline tie with Shado) sooner or later this year.

There are only two extra things I have to say to your critiques: First, just forget about the nuke. Period. I am already going to write a section for his storyline that gets rid of that. (Somehow....). For now, just act like it isn't there (well, maybe have your char scared, but don't ever make Shado use it, no matter what the situation is...).

Second, his "sixth sense" is not specific (in most cases). I have stated this over and over. He knows SOMEONE has aggressive intentions towards him. He gets a GENERAL DIRECTION (up, down, left, right, behind, etc...) at best. Not distance, and certainly not location. Remember that.

Oh, and third (yeah, I know what I said...), perhaps I underemphasized how poor Shado was at close combat...HE SUCKS. If you have enough sense to dodge the occasional swipe he throws out, your safe if you keep the pressure up.

Yeah, I actually really wanted to have a fight with MrSkully....but, a forfeit is a forfeit. Why let it go to waste?

And don't worry about me taking this in the proper light...I'm totally cool with someone critiquing Shado...after all, if I am retiring him myself, don't you think I know he is a bit shabby? :p

Vern
08-24-2015, 05:14 PM
For now, just act like it isn't there (well, maybe have your char scared, but don't ever make Shado use it, no matter what the situation is...).

Don't worry, as I mentioned there isn't a single situation in which a nuke would be the most optimal solution, thus I'd never implement it in my story.

perhaps I underemphasized how poor Shado was at close combat...HE SUCKS.

Well if you use words that emphasize how terrific Shado is at certain things, then ofcourse if you don't specifically state he sucks up close people will just think he's mediocre. Also my issue with the sixth sense is just that it doesn't make sense, and that frankly Shado already has a vastly superior sense of smell, so it's like a backup for when that doesn't work, and that's what bugs me.

Concerning the forfeit, you could also just've waited a little while longer/posted the battle without a victory claim (though that's equally as lame to the writer, so I can't really hold that against you).

If you're emphasizing how strong Shado is, and then aren't emphasizing on his weak points, naturally all of it's gonna come off as overpowered. Also I do hope your next char will be a bit more... solid then ;)

Shadowolf
08-24-2015, 05:31 PM
Oh you bet he will...would you like me to send you the link to his work-in-progress char sheet?

Chaotic Penguin
08-24-2015, 05:37 PM
Stop dillydallying, and finish your paragraph, Shado!

Shadowolf
08-24-2015, 05:40 PM
LOL chaotic...fine...wanna join me?
(btw...you're one to talk....you make Haru and I wait rather often....)

Chaotic Penguin
08-24-2015, 05:43 PM
LOL chaotic...fine...wanna join me?
(btw...you're one to talk....you make Haru and I wait rather often....)

Heh, sorry 'bout that. The time zone difference is like 10 hours. Plus I have class in... 2 minutes.

Shadowolf
08-24-2015, 05:45 PM
KK. It will be done when you get back...

Azure
08-25-2015, 03:08 PM
Would you all care to be allies?

Shadowolf
08-25-2015, 03:14 PM
Well, I, for one, would vote yes. I think it would be nice to have a clan-to-clan association. Ultimately, though, it's up to Haru. (Unless this is a Democratic clan...)

Chromium7
08-25-2015, 03:26 PM
Just don't let him drag you into a clan war. That's basically how World War 1 started.

Haru
08-25-2015, 03:56 PM
Not wanting a war here. Personally, I think we would get crushed.
Blade Merc. would be proud to be allies with you, Azure.

Chaotic Penguin
08-25-2015, 05:44 PM
Agreed. Not sure how the Night Creatures will actually collaborate with us though, as in, won't we get contracts to kill you?

Azure
08-25-2015, 05:46 PM
Leoncio isn't exactly a threat, and Zalgo is behaving for now.

PitchEnder
08-26-2015, 01:02 PM
Greetings, doth thou want to become allies or enemies?

Haru
08-26-2015, 04:51 PM
Sorry, but we cannot be allies with you while we are allies with the night creatures.
Also, you might get in our way during our missions. Of course, I will listen to responses from the rest of my team, and you, concerning this.

Chaotic Penguin
08-26-2015, 10:47 PM
Wait, there's an ally limit?
Also, considering the fact that Pitch's clan is entirely based off of eradicating criminals, don't mercenaries that kill count as criminals?

PitchEnder
08-27-2015, 04:30 AM
Sorry, but we cannot be allies with you while we are allies with the night creatures.
Also, you might get in our way during our missions. Of course, I will listen to responses from the rest of my team, and you, concerning this.

... You know there is no ally or enemy limit right?

Wait, there's an ally limit?
Also, considering the fact that Pitch's clan is entirely based off of eradicating criminals, don't mercenaries that kill count as criminals?

Are you mecenaries that only work for good people?

Azure
08-27-2015, 04:47 AM
What is meant is that your clan and my clan are enemies, Pitch. They don't want to ally with their ally's enemy.

PitchEnder
08-27-2015, 04:58 AM
What is meant is that your clan and my clan are enemies, Pitch. They don't want to ally with their ally's enemy.

You mean "he doesn't" because Harry was the only one who said it.

Also I understand that but you have to remember that I also said enemies

Haru
08-27-2015, 06:28 AM
... You know there is no ally or enemy limit right?

Are you mecenaries that only work for good people?

We are non-biased Mercenaries, which means, anyone who calls us, if they have a reward, then we take it.
No matter good or bad, if they offer something, we take it.
We are neutral. We don't filter. And my name isn't Harry.
I'm also the leader.

Shadowolf
08-27-2015, 07:36 AM
Haru, I say lets be enemies with The Network. It's only fair if we are allies with Night Creatures. Besides, it would be fun to whoop their butts once in a while.
I also already have an agreement with Dracustos that once he is available again, I will be the first to fight him.
Lastly, we need to remember that I am already preparing to fight Zalgo, which means we will have to work that into the clan story (though that depends on who wins.)

PitchEnder
08-27-2015, 09:21 AM
We are non-biased Mercenaries, which means, anyone who calls us, if they have a reward, then we take it.
No matter good or bad, if they offer something, we take it.
We are neutral. We don't filter. And my name isn't Harry.
I'm also the leader.

-_- I meant Haru not Harry... Stupid autocorrect.

Then that means we would have to be enemies no matter what.

Chaotic Penguin
08-27-2015, 09:37 AM
Haru, I say lets be enemies with The Network. It's only fair if we are allies with Night Creatures. Besides, it would be fun to whoop their butts once in a while.
I also already have an agreement with Dracustos that once he is available again, I will be the first to fight him.
Lastly, we need to remember that I am already preparing to fight Zalgo, which means we will have to work that into the clan story (though that depends on who wins.)
As co-leader, I fully concur!

Wait, how will be incorporate getting Zalgo into the clan story?

Shadowolf
08-27-2015, 10:37 AM
Depending on the outcome, either Zalgo or Shado will have to come to terms after the fight.

Also, I just realized that it would be a bit odd having our ally clan's leader being an apprentice to one of our members (me.) Not even apprentice to a clan officer.

(Unless, of course, you promote me to being ambassador or something... ;p)

PitchEnder
08-27-2015, 12:27 PM
So I'm just going to add you guys to our enemies page ... Cool.

Azure
08-27-2015, 02:06 PM
It's adorable looking at Network's justifications for its Enemies list.

Anywho, Haru, would you like to collab some time in the future, letting our clan leaders get to know one another? While a battle would be a fun idea, I don't think it's the proper route to go.

Haru
08-27-2015, 04:05 PM
Yes, no battle will be needed.
How about we work together for a common cause?
And yes, it is adorable on his reasoning that we are the enemy. Of course, I do not mind.

Chaotic Penguin
08-27-2015, 08:11 PM
Gosh, Pitch got banned again. Wonder if he'll get kicked from his own clan?

Haru
08-27-2015, 08:25 PM
I don't know...
If he is going to be a good leader, he should step it up and not get banned anymore. Be more careful.

Urako
08-27-2015, 09:07 PM
Gosh, Pitch got banned again. Wonder if he'll get kicked from his own clan?

Is that possible?

Sorry to intrude, but I had to ask.

Drone
08-27-2015, 09:51 PM
Is that possible?

Sorry to intrude, but I had to ask.

It has happened in rhg before. There's no precedent for it in wRHG though

Haru
08-29-2015, 11:06 AM
News:
R.I.P Shadowolf. We are now only 2 members.

Kamiroo Wolf
08-29-2015, 12:13 PM
News:
R.I.P Shadowolf. We are now only 2 members.

I'm sorry for your loss. T_T

Neat clan tho :0

Vern
08-29-2015, 01:00 PM
Allow me to re-iterate that you would not wish such a person in your clan. Regardless, I have already stated that I am sorry that this befell you.

Azure
08-29-2015, 01:06 PM
I'll just state this publicly:

Even if the user Shadowolf is no longer around due to being... what he ended up being, Blade Mercenaries and Night Creatures are still allies. I won't deviate from story canon, since it's what I've been trying to create with Leoncio, and it isn't as though I don't like having BM as an ally.

Chaotic Penguin
08-29-2015, 08:14 PM
Don't worry Vern, we'll attempt to remove Shado permanently somehow from our story.

Vern
08-29-2015, 08:41 PM
Don't worry Vern, we'll attempt to remove Shado permanently somehow from our story.

You don't need to. Finish up the battle, then say he got killed, or just don't mention him ever again and bullshit that he left somewhere in between your stories. You don't have to tear your continuity apart just because he did what he did, though if that's what you prefer then I won't be keeping you!

Chaotic Penguin
08-30-2015, 06:53 PM
That was the plan.

Haru
08-30-2015, 06:58 PM
Anyone know who Queen Luna is? Just being curious, don't want to insult anyone.

Malacal
08-30-2015, 08:00 PM
She is your god while you're on this forum.
Lmao, jk. Luna is one of the moderators who primarily patrols the WL.

Azure
08-30-2015, 08:31 PM
She is your god while you're on this forum.
Lmao, jk. Luna is one of the moderators who primarily patrols the WL.

Translation:

acutelatios is this section's mod, and many enjoy her delightful ways.

Chromium7
08-31-2015, 01:53 PM
She's okay, I guess.

Malacal
09-01-2015, 06:57 PM
It just occured to me I've been referring to her as Luna when her name on the forum is acutelatios.
Oh well, now I'll use them interchangeably to confuse everyone.

Haru
09-02-2015, 03:49 PM
Oh, I thought they were seperate.
Oh well, I really like Acute. Respect.

Vern
09-02-2015, 04:33 PM
To get things back on track though :

Shado might've been your biggest writing talent, but that doesn't forgive him what he's done. I can understand that you're sad because you lost a clanmember who might've supposedly been nice to you, but he wasn't to the others. Haru and Chaotic, you're both cool people and I do hope you'll put some time in your writing because you can improve if you set yourself to it. So by all means don't be sad cause you lost Shado. He was quite condescending in his way of communication, and while his writing skills might've been solid enough, I would rather have someone enjoyable in my clan than someone who'se just simply good at writing (Luckily, those things do usually tend to go a bit hand in hand around here for most people, but not all).

So I do hope you'll just get over him and move on, cause we still have an event to release (speaking of which I can wrap up mine anytime you want, just give me the headsup) and after that you two should get engaged in the wRHG scene again ^^.

How much longer do you think you guys'll be? Once more if you feel like sparring instead of putting it up for actual contest then that's alright with me, just tell me :).

Chaotic Penguin
09-02-2015, 06:14 PM
I think the only one "mourning" for him is Haru :P

We're nearing the end, but we might change it to a spar. Maybe.

Kamiroo Wolf
09-05-2015, 09:58 PM
I woooould send in an application, but I'm not looking to add the whole quick-and-clean mercenary vibe to Ralic yet.

I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavours.

IgnusBurns
12-09-2015, 09:53 PM
This looks like a pretty promising clan, considering my wRHG uses kunai knives, and he can move as silently and quickly as smoke, he might like to join them... ;D

Haru
12-13-2015, 08:57 PM
Well, I could never really forget this place.
Blade Mercenaries is back in business.

IgnusBurns
12-13-2015, 10:27 PM
I approve...
https://media.giphy.com/media/ClcWrARkrq1GM/giphy.gif

Chaotic Penguin
12-14-2015, 04:33 AM
Let's get this party started...

Weekly or monthly?
I have exams for the next 2 days.

Malacal
12-14-2015, 03:54 PM
You're doing neither. Weeklies are supposed to be weekly and monthlies are supposed monthly. They're like, I dunno, an ongoing process.
You're doing an annual.

Haru
12-14-2015, 04:02 PM
Well, let's get started soon.
Expect less terrible writing coming from me.

Chaotic Penguin
12-14-2015, 04:29 PM
You're doing neither. Weeklies are supposed to be weekly and monthlies are supposed monthly. They're like, I dunno, an ongoing process.
You're doing an annual.

Haha, no, I mean, should we start doing them.

IgnusBurns
12-14-2015, 04:51 PM
I'd like to participate! If I could get in, miserable loser I am...

Haru
12-14-2015, 06:22 PM
You are not a loser, just take more time please.
If you do get in, of course you can participate!

IgnusBurns
12-14-2015, 06:36 PM
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I was more calling myself a loser as a joke, I was really self-critical of myself a year or so ago, so I'm making fun of it in a way or another... XD

Chaotic Penguin
01-07-2016, 05:38 PM
I'm a procrastinator. That means I wait for problems to get bigger. Not problems like, "What is life?", because that would fall under the category of problems that are unexplained and probably never be explained. No. I wait for problems like, "How do I write a report on Kim Jong-Il about his integrity?" until it becomes a question of, instead, "How do I bullshit my way through this one?". That also means, I never get shit done.

---
I haven't done my weekly yet.
Haru isn't done with his.
I haven't finished my fight with Error yet.
I think we need a new clan motto.

IgnusBurns
01-07-2016, 06:56 PM
I'm a procrastinator. That means I wait for problems to get bigger. Not problems like, "What is life?", because that would fall under the category of problems that are unexplained and probably never be explained. No. I wait for problems like, "How do I write a report on Kim Jong-Il about his integrity?" until it becomes a question of, instead, "How do I bullshit my way through this one?". That also means, I never get shit done.

---
I haven't done my weekly yet.
Haru isn't done with his.
I haven't finished my fight with Error yet.
I think we need a new clan motto.

Seems legit...

Xate
01-07-2016, 07:38 PM
Anyone here? I'd like to drop in and say Hi. And introduce Lucario and his "dead" clan A New Journey.

IgnusBurns
01-07-2016, 07:56 PM
I'm here waiting to see if I got into the clan, how long was it when I submitted that thing? Ahhh, I don't remember...
But whateves...

Xate
01-07-2016, 08:18 PM
Wanna get into A New Journey instead?

IgnusBurns
01-07-2016, 08:41 PM
Anyone here? I'd like to drop in and say Hi. And introduce Lucario and his "dead" clan A New Journey.

You said it yourself, isn't it dead? :/

Haru
01-07-2016, 08:47 PM
This clan ain't dead. Just hibernating, I have work to do. A bit busy.
If we both finish our pieces of writing, I'll post it here and you guys can CrushnConstrict it all you want.
Blade Mercenaries will get a new motto.

Haru
01-08-2016, 03:59 PM
UPDATE:
Levi(IgnusBurns) has joined the Mercenaries.
Updated Page.

Chaotic Penguin
01-12-2016, 07:08 AM
Bruh, you need to reformat the clan page. Didn't even realize how scrappy it is. Make sure you have a regulated format throughout, especially with titles and subtitles. E.g.:

Clan Allies and Rivals:
The Blade Mercenaries are neutral.
Ally: Night Creatures: Just Rebirthed, they are welcomed as allies as their leader is friends with the Shadowolf. Kiro and Leoncio have not yet met face to face yet, however.

Rivals:
The Network: Lost seems to have a bone to pick with Kiro and Catena. They do not return warmth, finding his kills non-efficient and amateurish. They do not appreciate his group getting in their way, either.

Hewitt
01-17-2016, 07:21 PM
Exactly how many clans are active right now?

devi
01-17-2016, 07:29 PM
This one and Error's clan.

Hewitt
01-17-2016, 07:32 PM
What about the Wind Chasers?

devi
01-17-2016, 08:08 PM
They're too busy with chasing wind.

Hewitt
01-17-2016, 08:29 PM
Their own farts, huh

Xate
01-17-2016, 09:01 PM
I'm trying to revive mine

Vern
01-17-2016, 11:45 PM
This one and Error's clan.

Oh Devi please, don't be silly. O.P. is as dead as my hopes and dreams, I wouldn't expect anything from it anymore at this point.

This clan is just as active. Out of all of them, the Wind Chasers has the most activity.

ErrorBlender
01-17-2016, 11:47 PM
It isn't dead as long as I live. Me and Delor are working on something.

Vern
01-17-2016, 11:51 PM
It isn't dead as long as I live. Me and Delor are working on something.

I'm glad you bothered to get me involved, considering I said I'd be up for anything if you'd just ask me.

ErrorBlender
01-17-2016, 11:53 PM
This isn't the clan origins though, its more of his current character tying with his old one then to the clan. The clan origins is on hold. Pretty sure you asked for a mission though at some point and i gave it to you.

Vern
01-17-2016, 11:55 PM
This isn't the clan origins though, its more of his current character tying with his old one then to the clan. The clan origins is on hold.

On hold..... Indefinitely.

It's only ever going to get finished if either you or I duo/completely solo what still needs to be done, you know this right? I'm sure we can pull Xate back in too, but God have mercy on Cham wherever he may be. I wouldn't expect Caelo or Ryan to show their faces ever again anyways.

Haru
01-18-2016, 08:04 AM
Well, we might have a new member...
Maybe we can do a collab once Observer Protocol is back up.
We need to do our origins and backgrounds as well.
Quickie Write:
It is interesting why I made Kiro a lazy, techno-punk... Who likes fried chicken.
Who would actually adore the greasy, crunchy, crispy mess of golden glory...
Well, actually, that came from myself. And Popeyes.
I would sit down at my home, carnivorously tearing into the well-done flesh of the poultry, and then eat the salty, fat, but absolutely delicious,
skin.
Afterwords, the bones would be the only sign that my rampage had begun in the first place.
I am a monster, ain't I?
Quickie Write done.
Time: 4 minutes

ErrorBlender
01-18-2016, 08:09 AM
OP is up. Just lying, trying not to die.

Haru
01-18-2016, 08:11 AM
I'll help you up with a rope made out of bones from KFC, mate.
jk, just anything you need, I gotcha.
We are trying not to die/fade also.

Vern
01-18-2016, 09:11 AM
OP is up. Just lying, trying not to die.

I'll help you up with a rope made out of bones from KFC, mate.
jk, just anything you need, I gotcha.
We are trying not to die/fade also.

You can keep talking all you want, as long as you don't do anything it's just all empty words.

If you truly are trying not to fade or die, then you should become active again. Both OP and BM. The issue with your clans really just lies with your attitude towards your organization and your members. For you see, I see neither of you really pushing yourself or your members for that sake to do anything. Machiavelli himself said that it's better to be a feared leader, than to be a loved one.

Now, you guys aren't absolute despots, and I completely understand that your real life business comes before your writing business, I myself too would rather be loved than feared. But that doesn't take away that you did nothing to keep your members active and involved. You either procastrinated or were preocuppied IRL, and through your lack of maintaining your clan your members faded away into inactivity, most even completely disappearing from the scene completely (*Looks at everyone save for EB, Haru, Delor and himself*).

If you truly do not want to die/fade away like you are now, you're gonna have to change that. Start pushing yourself and your members to regularly put out content, if members refuse or fail to deliver then kick them out. Yes it's rough but if they aren't doing anything there's no real point in them staying, is there? You'll see that once you start pushing out content, more people might be interested in joining. Even if you're god-forsaken alone then still push out content all by yourself. In time people will join your side, and if they don't then at least you can tell yourself that you tried.

But I'm fed up with this "We're so inactive, trying not to be" bullshit if you're doing nothing about it. If you truly are either too lazy or too busy to lead a clan, then give up on it. What's the point of it all if you're doing nothing with it anyways?

So until you guys do anything about the situation as it is now, I'll just continue to cringe at everything you say concerning clan activity.

/endrant.

Kamiroo Wolf
01-18-2016, 09:19 AM
You can keep talking all you want, as long as you don't do anything it's just all empty words.

If you truly are trying not to fade or die, then you should become active again. Both OP and BM. The issue with your clans really just lies with your attitude towards your organization and your members. For you see, I see neither of you really pushing yourself or your members for that sake to do anything. Machiavelli himself said that it's better to be a feared leader, than to be a loved one.

Now, you guys aren't absolute despots, and I completely understand that your real life business comes before your writing business, I myself too would rather be loved than feared. But that doesn't take away that you did nothing to keep your members active and involved. You either procastrinated or were preocuppied IRL, and through your lack of maintaining your clan your members faded away into inactivity, most even completely disappearing from the scene completely (*Looks at everyone save for EB, Haru, Delor and himself*).

If you truly do not want to die/fade away like you are now, you're gonna have to change that. Start pushing yourself and your members to regularly put out content, if members refuse or fail to deliver then kick them out. Yes it's rough but if they aren't doing anything there's no real point in them staying, is there? You'll see that once you start pushing out content, more people might be interested in joining. Even if you're god-forsaken alone then still push out content all by yourself. In time people will join your side, and if they don't then at least you can tell yourself that you tried.

But I'm fed up with this "We're so inactive, trying not to be" bullshit if you're doing nothing about it. If you truly are either too lazy or too busy to lead a clan, then give up on it. What's the point of it all if you're doing nothing with it anyways?

So until you guys do anything about the situation as it is now, I'll just continue to cringe at everything you say concerning clan activity.

/endrant.

I agree wholeheartedly with this.

Haru
01-18-2016, 10:36 AM
Yeah, maybe work is cluttering up my stuff.
We will see, shall we?

To the point of me being a empty word man:
We aren't dead. New member. I already am trying.

Salty words down here:
Cringe all you want, it's not like I'll see it in real life.
I know I'm supposed to be all respectful for Senior authority, but right now I am INCREDIBLY salty.
You know what, I like writing ideas. Stuff. Random stuff. I don't care about CnC as much as pleasing my whole.
If chaotic wants to leave, he can leave. I'm not stopping him. Right now, I feel that writing is for enjoyment, for some person to look at it, laugh at the dumb story.
That's why I even put out the fried chicken part, just to show I'm not done yet.

I can count how many Pm's we have sent each other, if they weren't deleted.
So it's not like I'm not trying, okay? Pushing myself to write terrible writing is not my thing.
I'm already trying to write, I signed up for Crank, I went into a RP SPECIFICALLY to help me write, have some fun, get new tips.

/endsaltyranteitherignorethisanddontpostatallorread itanddon'tpostatallkbye

Vern
01-18-2016, 11:01 AM
Yeah, maybe work is cluttering up my stuff.
We will see, shall we?

To the point of me being a empty word man:
We aren't dead. New member. I already am trying.

Salty words down here:
Cringe all you want, it's not like I'll see it in real life.
I know I'm supposed to be all respectful for Senior authority, but right now I am INCREDIBLY salty.
You know what, I like writing ideas. Stuff. Random stuff. I don't care about CnC as much as pleasing my whole.
If chaotic wants to leave, he can leave. I'm not stopping him. Right now, I feel that writing is for enjoyment, for some person to look at it, laugh at the dumb story.
That's why I even put out the fried chicken part, just to show I'm not done yet.

I can count how many Pm's we have sent each other, if they weren't deleted.
So it's not like I'm not trying, okay? Pushing myself to write terrible writing is not my thing.
I'm already trying to write, I signed up for Crank, I went into a RP SPECIFICALLY to help me write, have some fun, get new tips.

/endsaltyranteitherignorethisanddontpostatallorread itanddon'tpostatallkbye

I respect what you say in here, I know you're in it for shits and giggles. I even explicitly asked you before. If you prefer to take it easy then that's your choice and I'd never feel at place to challenge that. It's good to see you making efforts to write more often, and I'm happy that you are.

But all that is besides the question that I'm addressing. I'm saying it's pointless in running a clan if you can't handle the responsibilities that come with it. You like taking it easy, yes. But if you're taking the same policy towards managing your clan, then you'll have to live with it being dead most of the time. Heck, the only real content this clan put out together was instigated from my side to begin with, not yours.

Alas, I digress. If you wanna stick with the approach you're taking now, then you'll either have to learn to live with the fact that this clan will, in the eyes of most people, be dead, and that you have to stop saying stuff like "Lol we're so inactive, gotta fix that" cause that's just hypocritical empty bullshit at that point, or you'll have to pass on leadership to more capable hands (though right now, there aren't really any of those around for you). You could, ofcourse, just change your approach to it all, but that's gonna require just a little bit more effort.

Regardless, I'm okay with whatever you choose. I'm not saying you should give up on your clan nor am I saying you're a shit leader. I'm just tired of this hypocritical image both you and ErrorBlender are creating. Either admit that you don't care about the inactivity or do something about it, but not the ' "The clan's inactive, something has to change" -> nothing happens -> Repeat indefinitely ' cycle that's going on now.

EDIT :
If you want my honest thoughts on everything, I think every clan up until this point has failed to ever deliver. All of them are basically a bunch of lurking old vets setting up some loose ties with each other, then doing nothing for months or even years on end, have a sudden small burst of activity again, then do nothing again. No clan leader is putting in the effort they should yet. I understand all of you are busy or otherwise preocuppied, but it's just depressing as it is really. Whenever I see a new clan pop up all I can think is "How long's it gonna take for them to fade away into inactivity? A month? Two weeks?"

All I want to see is people come together and commit to something, not create the illusion that they are while in truth they achieve nihil.

Haru
01-18-2016, 11:31 AM
I respect what you say in here, I know you're in it for shits and giggles. I even explicitly asked you before. If you prefer to take it easy then that's your choice and I'd never feel at place to challenge that. It's good to see you making efforts to write more often, and I'm happy that you are.

But all that is besides the question that I'm addressing. I'm saying it's pointless in running a clan if you can't handle the responsibilities that come with it. You like taking it easy, yes. But if you're taking the same policy towards managing your clan, then you'll have to live with it being dead most of the time. Heck, the only real content this clan put out together was instigated from my side to begin with, not yours.

Alas, I digress. If you wanna stick with the approach you're taking now, then you'll either have to learn to live with the fact that this clan will, in the eyes of most people, be dead, and that you have to stop saying stuff like "Lol we're so inactive, gotta fix that" cause that's just hypocritical empty bullshit at that point, or you'll have to pass on leadership to more capable hands (though right now, there aren't really any of those around for you). You could, ofcourse, just change your approach to it all, but that's gonna require just a little bit more effort.

Regardless, I'm okay with whatever you choose. I'm not saying you should give up on your clan nor am I saying you're a shit leader. I'm just tired of this hypocritical image both you and ErrorBlender are creating. Either admit that you don't care about the inactivity or do something about it, but not the ' "The clan's inactive, something has to change" -> nothing happens -> Repeat indefinitely ' cycle that's going on now.

EDIT :
If you want my honest thoughts on everything, I think every clan up until this point has failed to ever deliver. All of them are basically a bunch of lurking old vets setting up some loose ties with each other, then doing nothing for months or even years on end, have a sudden small burst of activity again, then do nothing again. No clan leader is putting in the effort they should yet. I understand all of you are busy or otherwise preocuppied, but it's just depressing as it is really. Whenever I see a new clan pop up all I can think is "How long's it gonna take for them to fade away into inactivity? A month? Two weeks?"

All I want to see is people come together and commit to something, not create the illusion that they are while in truth they achieve nihil.

I'm not salty anymore Vern, I'm sorry.
Just got upset due to casually walking in here and then feeling that I got blasted.
IRC Channel will be up soon. I asked for everyone in my clan or is going to be in it to come on in.
You guys can join it too.
/join #BladeMerc

Chaotic Penguin
01-18-2016, 04:50 PM
Myeh!

I'm too good at procrastination for my own good. For work, it's either on or off for me, and it's usually off.

I'm working on a short story. It's in the works. So is my fight against Error.

Xate
01-18-2016, 05:38 PM
Hey guys... I'm remaking my clan... Anyone care about it? http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?76150-The-Coincidential-Camaraderie

Haru
01-18-2016, 07:00 PM
Yeah, we do.
I got a good idea for people who don't have much time, but want to write.
I'll share it with my clanmates and see if it approves.

Haru
01-18-2016, 07:08 PM
UPDATE YOU MAGNIFICENT SCRUBS!
It's time for a bit of activity.
Blade and Observer Protocol have agreed to become allies.
Bring the cake and pie out.

IgnusBurns
01-18-2016, 07:10 PM
Levi will bake a magnificent pie...

http://d3819ii77zvwic.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/baked-pie.jpg

Malacal
01-18-2016, 10:03 PM
At first I just wanted to tell Vern he's wrong so I could gain power over him. However, I felt like demeaning everyone and gaining power over all of you. So, have my thoughts, they cost 25 cents a pop. Either that, or actually taking them to heart and listening.

Machiavelli himself said that it's better to be a feared leader, than to be a loved one.
The entirety of the Prince was a sarcastic writing. Machiavelli had writings both before and after it that held absolutely contrary views.

You want the clan to be more active? Make your small writings your weeklies. Put down the prompt: "Write a little blurb of 200+ words as to why you inserted certain elements into your character." And done, you've made the clan a really simple weekly that requires little effort and can be fun. All the while it hardly takes away from their more important work.

Hey guys... I'm remaking my clan... Anyone care about it? http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?76150-The-Coincidential-Camaraderie
Don't be a dick. Advertising this on someone else's clan page is not exactly kind. Go advertise in the discussion thread or something. I know you mean no harm but... the BM is a chat thread for the BM, not new/revived clans.

UPDATE YOU MAGNIFICENT SCRUBS!
It's time for a bit of activity.
Blade and Observer Protocol have agreed to become allies.
Bring the cake and pie out.
Make this your weekly. Have your clan prepare for the celebration of the alliance. Maybe give individual members different roles in the set-up. Then you, as the leader, tell them the disastrous results.

And Haru, since I'm too lazy to go back and find the appropriate quote: There is no reason to respect senior members. Well, you should always be respectful, but you should also balance that with savagely tearing into everyone's guts and showing that you're not a meek idiot (just the latter :P). So, go you. If you can provide real thought, insight, and reasoning, then you should be the one given respect to, even if bob has been here for 38 years.

Chaotic Penguin
01-18-2016, 10:43 PM
I exist.

Vern
01-19-2016, 12:03 AM
DOUBLE POST? PLEASE DELETE

Vern
01-19-2016, 12:06 AM
The entirety of the Prince was a sarcastic writing. Machiavelli had writings both before and after it that held absolutely contrary views.

Eh it could've been, honestly I'm just applying what I've learned in school but it's plausible that perhaps my teacher was just full of shit concerning that particular part.

You want the clan to be more active? Make your small writings your weeklies. Put down the prompt: "Write a little blurb of 200+ words as to why you inserted certain elements into your character." And done, you've made the clan a really simple weekly that requires little effort and can be fun. All the while it hardly takes away from their more important work.

A good start to things, it might help more than you'd think and is really,really reasonable in size.

And Haru, since I'm too lazy to go back and find the appropriate quote: There is no reason to respect senior members. Well, you should always be respectful, but you should also balance that with savagely tearing into everyone's guts and showing that you're not a meek idiot (just the latter :P). So, go you. If you can provide real thought, insight, and reasoning, then you should be the one given respect to, even if bob has been here for 38 years.

Just know that admitting you're wrong, or admitting someone else's right when they provide real thought, insight and reasoning is respectable too. Nothing quite as despicable as continuing a shitstorm any longer than it has to.

I exist.

Ever heard of the saying "cogito ergo sum"? Loosely translated that means "I think so I exist". In order for your statement to be true, you'd have to think, and judging from how little you contributed with that message I don't think you did.

Go help Haru, you lazy thing.

IgnusBurns
01-19-2016, 10:26 AM
Well, looking at all the crap going through this thread, (sigh) if my opinion's worth half a penny, then I'd like to say that I do fear Haru quite a bit... <.< >.>
He's my leader, and even though he doesn't say so, I do fear him in one way or another.
I do respect him more than I fear him though. He's a good guy who's trying his best to help keep this clan active. I'm gonna be trying my best to follow his orders and keep up on the weeklies and what-not.

Vern
01-19-2016, 10:42 AM
Well, looking at all the crap going through this thread, (sigh) if my opinion's worth half a penny, then I'd like to say that I do fear Haru quite a bit... <.< >.>
He's my leader, and even though he doesn't say so, I do fear him in one way or another.
I do respect him more than I fear him though. He's a good guy who's trying his best to help keep this clan active. I'm gonna be trying my best to follow his orders and keep up on the weeklies and what-not.

He's done nothing to at all be feared (Which by all means, Haru, is a compliment). Unless you consider people turning off and flying into a full salt-fueled yell barrage worthy of your fear. Do try to always consider the rational side of everything, and not just take for granted whatever your superiors yell at others. If I was at all willing to bother, I'd make you out for licking his heels.

He's a good guy who's trying his best to help keep this clan active.

My entire point was him and all the other clan leaders not doing exactly this. What're you getting at?

Regardless I'm willing to put my faith in Haru one last time. I do hope you'll make something out of your clan now. Heck even doing just monthlies or bimonthlies would suffice, as long as we see more activity than just the next insignificant post every three months. You've been doing some stuff now though, I can only hope more is on its way.

If all else fails then purely do it for the sake of getting to prove me wrong and trashtalk me into the ground. I usually end up in a 1 v all situation when I use actual logic anyways.

IgnusBurns
01-19-2016, 10:54 AM
Vern, by the end of my last post, I was just rambling, like I usually end up doing. I need to stop that... XD
I guess what I was getting at was that as a new member, I more respect Haru than I fear him.
And as a new member, I'll be trying my best to contribute to the posts made by the clan...

Xate
01-19-2016, 11:06 AM
Excuse me for the dickery, then.

Good luck, Haru. We may even do a contest together.

Haru
01-19-2016, 04:00 PM
I'm coming.
Vern, I ain't the king of salt for nothing.
Haru Talks! THis will be something I will do to ramble about Kiro and funny things, every day.
Anyway, here it is, the first one.

So, going a bit off topic, I actually would like to share how Macto and Felicia, my current RHG, came to be.
Originally, it was just Macto, just a regular martial arts master. Nothing seemed special about him, there were already tons and tons of people
with martial arts as a side skill. I put in another ability, Macto is able to heal others, but it was pointless. There was no one to heal.
Why would you even put that? I mean, it's not like you are going to heal your enemy or anything...
But back to the main topic,
I imagined Felicia as an orb, like Viola in Soul Calibur, one that Macto could control or issue commands to.
Overtime, I thought, "Hey, magic and martial arts, why not?"
There was also few duo characters since FoxnQ and Raxes, well at least back then, so I was willing to give it a try.
And there you have it! Ask me anything non-personal if you wish, I might do it in the next talk.

Vern
01-19-2016, 04:23 PM
I'm coming.
Vern, I ain't the king of salt for nothing.
Haru Talks! THis will be something I will do to ramble about Kiro and funny things, every day.
Anyway, here it is, the first one.

So, going a bit off topic, I actually would like to share how Macto and Felicia, my current RHG, came to be.
Originally, it was just Macto, just a regular martial arts master. Nothing seemed special about him, there were already tons and tons of people
with martial arts as a side skill. I put in another ability, Macto is able to heal others, but it was pointless. There was no one to heal.
Why would you even put that? I mean, it's not like you are going to heal your enemy or anything...
But back to the main topic,
I imagined Felicia as an orb, like Viola in Soul Calibur, one that Macto could control or issue commands to.
Overtime, I thought, "Hey, magic and martial arts, why not?"
There was also few duo characters since FoxnQ and Raxes, well at least back then, so I was willing to give it a try.
And there you have it! Ask me anything non-personal if you wish, I might do it in the next talk.

I would feel obliged to challenge your self-proclaimed title, alas.

Why don't you talk about why you think you're the king of salt? If by salt you mean unargumented yelling at others in a fit of rage, then I don't think I got much claim on that title. (Not that I want it in the first place).

But yes, I'm curious.

Haru
01-19-2016, 05:54 PM
Ah, I'll do a Haru Talk on that tommorrow.
It's a title meant as a jab to myself, but I'll elaborate on that more.

Malacal
01-19-2016, 06:03 PM
I think a simple definition of salt could be "acting immature when shit don't go thy way."

Haru
01-19-2016, 06:17 PM
Pretty spot on.
Know your meme suggests that Salty means “looking stupid… because of something you did”.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/918/952/d5a.png

Haru
01-20-2016, 03:42 PM
Here we go about my self title.

So my title came from many things.
But first and foremost, it came from the now immensely popular MOBA Game League of Legends.
I was an avid fan of it, but it had one flaw...
Whenever I lost, I would become bitter. And quite mad, also.
Maybe it was because I have been playing for a while, but that's no excuse.
Being honest, I usually get depressed/bitter also when things don't exactly go my way.
You can call me a brat here, it's ok.
Meanwhile, twitch chat made the now infamous emote PJ Salt, which they now spammed if a streamer was... feeling like me!
So, since I knew that people already knew that I was incredibly salty, I decided to make a bit of fun against myself.
And there we have it!

Chaotic Penguin
01-20-2016, 06:56 PM
what is this conversation even about? self proclaimed titles? This is a clan page, not a "who's the edgiest, saltiest kid around" thread. Seriously. Damn.

IgnusBurns
01-20-2016, 07:02 PM
what is this conversation even about? self proclaimed titles? This is a clan page, not a "who's the edgiest, saltiest kid around" thread. Seriously. Damn.

I think he's using it to try and keep the clan active, or something like that, until he can find a clan project to do. <_<

Haru
01-20-2016, 07:41 PM
It's a little thing to write my thoughts, and practice writing in a short period of time.
Also, I would like you two to write a bit on these questions:

Chaotic: How did you come up with the Idea of chains everywhere?
Ignus: How did you choose to make Levi have the Power of Smoke?

Just write your thoughts, don't make it just one sentence though.

IgnusBurns
01-20-2016, 07:49 PM
Well, lots of my characters tend to have some type of relation to fire. So, feeling a bit creative, I turned to an alternative source of heat: Smoke...
Fire is cool and all, being able to use it to make weapons, fly, etc. But Smoke is a bit more useful, mostly for stealth. Especially useful for sneaking around or taking down rogue guards and stuff like that...

Vern
01-20-2016, 11:55 PM

Jezus you're talking shit but apparently fail to realise your own worthlessness. You're contributing nothing to the growth of this clan anyways, why do you think you now suddenly have the right to go like "This is a clan page, damn"? Not as if you care, obviously.

Hewitt
01-21-2016, 12:59 AM
Vern, don't talk to your co-leader like that~

Haru
01-21-2016, 04:08 PM
Weekly!
The Blade Merc. has agreed to host a party on honor of their alliance with Observer protocol.
Write about your character doing something to help out.

Haru
01-26-2016, 06:09 PM
Well, I'll extend it a bit. My story is already in my head, I just need to write it down, Kiro is a pretty good cook...

It's strange how people you absolutely hate can grow on you.
Like suppose there is this annoying little cat that keeps on meowing over and OVER again.
But after it is finally removed after 5 months, you miss that little rascal.
It's like, you want to punt it, but at the same time, you miss it being there in the first place.
Strange, isn't it? I mean, it hasn't happened for me yet, but maybe you guys?

Malacal
01-26-2016, 07:06 PM
Well, I'll extend it a bit. My story is already in my head, I just need to write it down, Kiro is a pretty good cook...

It's strange how people you absolutely hate can grow on you.
Like suppose there is this annoying little cat that keeps on meowing over and OVER again.
But after it is finally removed after 5 months, you miss that little rascal.
It's like, you want to punt it, but at the same time, you miss it being there in the first place.
Strange, isn't it? I mean, it hasn't happened for me yet, but maybe you guys?

No, I still want to punch my cat in the face. I settle for showing dominance by lifting high into the sky and letting it, with futility, grab and claw at my hand. After it realizes it's not getting through the glove, it stops fighting. It is in that moment that it looks at me with large eyes, pleading to be let down. So I, being the gracious master I am, set it down.
It then attacks my hand again and the cycle repeats.

Haru
01-28-2016, 07:45 PM
Yo, chaotic and Ignus, can you do a small thing for me please?
All you have to do is watch this video and post your thoughts on it. Deal?
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAx845QaOck

Chaotic Penguin
02-02-2016, 04:50 PM
It's obviously a message but it's also obviously comedy (satire?).
That's... all, I guess.

Haru
02-02-2016, 06:43 PM
Why is it satire or comedy?
Is it how he words things? Or rather, is it just funny how he chains so many words together?
And can you figure out his message?

IgnusBurns
02-02-2016, 08:09 PM
His message is obvious...
He's using a very long winded form of satire that incorporated some cleverly placed rhymes that explains the faults with today's technology. Saying that the devices we use today have disconnected us from the real world and we need to take the initiative as humans to stop these habits before our devices eventually consume us. At least that's what I got from it. *shrug*

Haru
02-02-2016, 08:51 PM
Most people believe it is not that technology is bad, it is just suppressing human interaction, which we instead use our technology and touch from there.
We don't really communicate face to face as much as just call, or facetime, or facebook or whatever.
As he said. "We touch, and touch, and touch, hoping for it to touch me back.."

Chaotic Penguin
02-04-2016, 04:06 AM
I wouldn't think too much about it.

However, do you mind if I ask why you require such information, or why you are so interested?

Haru
02-04-2016, 05:49 AM
Nah, it's just interesting to me.
See, I just wanted you to write your thoughts, and listen to a pretty great poem as well.
And you both did, so that's great.

Haru
02-07-2016, 12:27 PM
I want to do a writing based on food, cause I've been watching this trailer about a movie called Chef and I am hungry.
Write a 200-Word little story on your favorite/one of your favorite foods, and why.
I'll do mine.

I love Pho(Pronounced somewhat like fur to my knowledge). It's like a mixed bag of deliciousness, in the way that everything you can see(or not see) or add is always good.
I usually go beef pho with everything. This includes white, firm noodles which don't suck up the soup too much, a soup with a rich beef flavor from countless hours of simmering beef bones with water,
Asian meatballs, which aren't like the ones you put on spaghetti, no sir, they have a chew and special taste to them, though some may be put off on how the color of the meatball is a dull gray, but trust me.
My personal favorite are the white, soft, jello-consistency beef tendons, which would make some lose their appetite, but there is something about how you don't have to work at it, you just bite it and the
tendon just falls apart. Add in the condiments, like crunchy bean sprouts, sour but cooling lime, bitter green onion and cilantro, and it all comes together in such a way that when it is done, you can just sit back and sigh with a full and satisfied stomach.
That is, if you can finish it. Large bowls are like a mini ocean, so many times I don't finish and then when I am hungry, I mentally slap myself for not attempting to decimate the rest of the remnant.

UPDATE

Haru
02-22-2016, 05:36 PM
Update:
Blade Mercenaries will go a bit on sleep mode.
That does not mean we are out though. Expect this:
Haru Talks will resume occasionally. I will post this here.
In talks with collaborating with ErrorBlender.
Might collab with Azure(?)

Chaotic Update:
He hasn't been on lately.
But for what I know, he is still working on his battle with ErrorBlender.

Ignus Update:
I don't really know why he didn't try the last weekly.
It was only 200 words.
I guess he is busy with his RP.

Not dead yet.

Chaotic Penguin
02-24-2016, 12:09 AM
Hi hi hi hi hi I'm here. I can probably do weeklies now. Probably.
Shoot me a topic that's not food.

Soon.

Soon.

The Organization
02-24-2016, 12:13 AM
Ey yo, add Six to the rival's list

IgnusBurns
02-25-2016, 05:09 PM
Update:
Blade Mercenaries will go a bit on sleep mode.
That does not mean we are out though. Expect this:
Haru Talks will resume occasionally. I will post this here.
In talks with collaborating with ErrorBlender.
Might collab with Azure(?)

Chaotic Update:
He hasn't been on lately.
But for what I know, he is still working on his battle with ErrorBlender.

Ignus Update:
I don't really know why he didn't try the last weekly.
It was only 200 words.
I guess he is busy with his RP.

Not dead yet.

Sorry bout not responding to the weekly, I've had some stuff going on IRL that's been preventing me from writing...

Haru
02-27-2016, 09:24 AM
Alright, Topic will be posted soon on this post.
Wait for it.
Edit: I've done a few weeklies by myself, now it is your turn. I will sit back and read your works.
Write a shot little piece of your wRHG doing something fun/random around the house of Blade Mercenaries( Got a house from the funds acquired from recent missions).
You can shape the house. It can have a pool, entertainment, anything. But there is only 4 bedrooms, 1 for each of the Blade, and one guest room.

Chaotic Penguin
03-01-2016, 04:18 AM
how do i spoilers again?

I'm reallly rusty, don't read too much into it.

The Blade Mercs' recently acquired a large sum of money. The money was spent on a new house for the gang. It wasn't anything too fancy; they didn't feel that they needed it. A one floor house, with a 10 square meter backyard. The details of the other member's rooms will not be disclosed, however Catena's room was small, with nothing but a twin sized bed and a closet. Not that it mattered, because she spent most of her time outdoors. Not today though, she was too tired. -She sat upon her own lawn chair under the shade of her balcony. Downstairs, a small length of chain opened the new deluxe double-door fridge that took up a third of the kitchen, and carried a plate of cold cut meat to her. It was a good day. Actually, this happened every day. And now, it was getting boring. So she slept. And ate. And slept. And ate. And slept. And ate. And now? She's sleeping.

IgnusBurns
03-01-2016, 06:12 PM
Levi stood in the kitchen of the Mercs new house, rummaging around in the fridge for ingredients.
They'd bought the house not too long ago, with some cash they'd got from tasks.

His room, one of four, was pretty simple. A bed, a nightstand and decent sized closet.
Even though they'd been there for a few days time, he had yet to personalize it fully. But he had put up some posters and such, leaving his kunai on the nightstand.

Finding what he wanted, Levi pulled out the stuff he wanted and set it on the counter. He scowered the cupboards for the whole wheat and set the bread on a plate. Adding mayo, ham, lettuce and tomatoes.

Walking out onto the balcony with his meal, he gave a nod to Catena, who was sitting in the shade...

Haru
03-03-2016, 04:07 PM
Btw writers, we are open for CnC of any of these short and sweet pieces.
I'll edit this post with CnC.

Edit:

Levi stood in the kitchen of the Mercs new house, rummaging around in the fridge for ingredients.
They'd bought the house not too long ago, with some cash they'd got from tasks.

His room, one of four, was pretty simple. A bed, a nightstand and decent sized closet.
Even though they'd been there for a few days time, he had yet to personalize it fully. But he had put up some posters and such, leaving his kunai on the nightstand.

Finding what he wanted, Levi pulled out the stuff he wanted and set it on the counter. He scowered the cupboards for the whole wheat and set the bread on a plate. Adding mayo, ham, lettuce and tomatoes.

Walking out onto the balcony with his meal, he gave a nod to Catena, who was sitting in the shade...

This story seems a bit bland. I'm fine with being simplistic, but this seems to be lacking some salt.
First Bold: Scowered was a good adjective(even though the correct form was scour), but then it falls flat at the condiments list.
"Adding mayo, ham, lettuce and tomatoes." Woo hoo. Maybe it can go like this:
"He piled on creamy mayo, somewhat-chunky ham, crisp lettuce, and bold red tomatoes, and slapped another piece of whole wheat on top."
Second Bold: People don't give just a nod. They can give a rude, punk-ish nod, a curt nod, a casual nod.
Get the picture here? Even though it is a short story, you still need to make the reader be able to picture everything, even something as simple as a sandwich.

Chaotic: I like the sarcasm, and I get your message.
It was short and sweet, perfect for me. Moar description plz.
Other than that, due to my inexperience, I'm not seeing much that stands out.

Chaotic Penguin
03-03-2016, 08:09 PM
He walked to the kitchen, opening the fridge and searching its contents. Pulling out ingredients for a sandwich, he walked to the counter. He started making his sandwich, pouring on some lettuce, tomatoes, mayo, and ham. Putting it on a plate, he walked to the living room's couch. Sitting down, he turned on the TV, digging into his sandwich...

Hm. It seems a bit too choppy... you have a bunch of commas and whatnot almost every sentence, in a way where it is all very short, but then you pull out some periods and every sentence begins with an action. After reading every sentence I feel like there's something more to be said. Some variety would be nice.

Please don't hurt me

IgnusBurns
03-03-2016, 09:21 PM
Hm. It seems a bit too choppy... you have a bunch of commas and whatnot almost every sentence, in a way where it is all very short, but then you pull out some periods and every sentence begins with an action. After reading every sentence I feel like there's something more to be said. Some variety would be nice.

Please don't hurt me
Hmm... Thanks, I'll try editing my post to see what I can do...

Haru
03-07-2016, 06:21 PM
Myeh heh heh.
This week's weekly, I'm going to make you do a fight scene.
This is going to be a collaboration between you two guys. Make it happen.
Write a story about Catena and Levi sparring, with Kiro watching on.

IgnusBurns
03-07-2016, 07:02 PM
Welp... Uh... Hey Chaotic!! How should we go about this?? :00

Haru
03-07-2016, 07:25 PM
Wait I got an better idea.
Lemme edit my post.

Chaotic Penguin
03-08-2016, 05:34 AM
Bruh. Please, don't make me do another collab m9

Just do a spar between me and Levi.

Ples

BTW, it's much easier to read now Ignus

Haru
03-08-2016, 06:19 AM
Ok Bruh.
I got it, editing for the second time.

Chaotic Penguin
03-10-2016, 04:42 PM
Wow I finished it.
Levi vs Catena: Spar

Levi needs training. After that huge score on… uh… whatever. Just make sure he knows what he’s doing. Those were the orders that were given to Catena. She took off her sunglasses, and threw them on her bed. With a small flick of her wrist, the chains that wrapped up her door unlocked.
“Can’t believe I’m resorted to locking up my door to keep those boys from bothering me. Gosh.”
Catena walked out of her room, turned towards the corridor, and knocked on Levi’s door. “It’s Catena.”
A loud thud came out from the room, and the door swung open, revealing a blonde teen with is back against the wall. “Hey Catena. How’s the food treating you?”
Levi smiled, and threw some gum in his mouth. Catena just stared at him. Levi stared back. After a minute, he finally dropped his smile and stopped leaning on the wall. “Ok, you’re scaring me. What’s up?” Levi asked.
Catena shrugged and said, “just messing with you. It’s training time.”
The duo walked to the backyard, greeted by a grinning Kiro, nodding to the music in his headphones.
“Let’s go.”
---
The team arrived in an empty garage of an abandoned mall, filled with broken street signs, graffiti, and a couple manikins posed in sexual positions.
“You did well choosing this location,” Catena smirked. Kiro simply shrugged, turned towards the others, and stomped his right foot upon a tin can.
“Alright-y, how are we going to do this? Walk 20 paces away from each other and then just go? Or what?” Levi asked, a thin trail of smoke coiling around his right hand.
Catena stepped back a few steps, and said, “May as well start now. Dodge.” A bottle flew towards Levi at high speeds, which smacked him in the face.
“Ow.”
Levi then flung his kunai at Catena, and started to sprint towards her. A small link of chain shot out of the ground and deflected the kunai, which Levi caught in his hand.
“Oh man, this is going to be great.” Kiro murmured.
Levi thrusted his kunai at Catena, who side-stepped and dodged it. At the same time, her knee came up and made contact with Levi’s stomach. But just as she was about to send her fist down at him, he dissipated and reappeared behind her. With one swift kick, Levi sent Catena tumbling towards a pole.
“Okay, I deserved that one.” Catena whispered, while surrounding most of her body with chainmail.
“Oh man, that looks sick. Lemmie try” Levi said, mirroring Catena with his smoke. He then proceeded to collect all of the smoke towards Catena in a large cloud. Catena began to turn and run right when Levi appeared before her and swung his fist towards her. The loud thud of metal on bone rung loudly around the garage. Levi staggered backwards, surrounded his broken fist with smoke, and drew his kunai. Catena began to summon chains from the ground, forming a steel gauntlet around both arms. Levi raised his arms, and started bouncing on his toes. With two swift steps, he did a roundhouse kick towards Catena’s face. Catena dodged his foot, but Levi used his momentum to swing his kunai towards Catena. A small drop of blood fell to the floor. Catena wiped the blood off her face, and a large column of chains rammed Levi in the side.
“Always watch your surroundings, kiddo.” Kiro proclaimed, and offered his hand to the dazed Levi on the floor. Kiro pulled Levi up, and then said to Catena, “you didn’t have to ram him that hard.” Catena gave him her best smile, along with a cheesy peace sign. The ‘sorry-not-sorry’ was heavily apparent.