PDA

View Full Version : First animation

Dinofam
07-21-2015, 05:10 PM
This is my first animation with a stick figure, and i decided to do a basic running test.

Please let me know if their is anything i messed up on or could improve upon.

http://www.filz.us/view/f06e8e65-ed4/

drbrownca
07-27-2015, 11:14 PM
woah woah there. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too fast there. From what I could tell, he was moving his shins in a rapid motion and sort of floating. I will give you credit, at least it's not all choppy and dilapidated like my first running animation. However, in order to get a smooth and less speedy motion, try double framing when you're legs are furthest apart. This alone will give you a more natural run. If you want to take it a step further (no pun intended) make a more meticulous running animation first. Try maybe 5-10 frames in between each step (excluding double frame at the end). While it is slower, you should practice smoothness before speed. Additionally, you do in fact lift off the ground when running, so try adding that in the double frame. Now to top it all off, try some arm movement as well. Slowly quicken your run (decrease frames) until you get a smooth sprint. Your body motion is good, and once you got all this down, running animations will be second nature.

Don't take this as professional advice, but it's what I've found works really well. PM me so I can see the results!

Dinofam
07-28-2015, 05:21 PM
Thanks For the info! I'll practice for a while and get better at it, then i will PM the new version that i improved to you. :D