PDA

View Full Version : thechosengamer(Verde the Botanist) vs PhebeaStickz(Blake the Elf):Science vs Magic

TheChosenGamer
08-21-2015, 09:23 PM
wRHG
My third battle and Pheb's first
Let the battle begin!
"Chasing down, the target car, heading for checkpoint B. Over." a voice spoke on the radio
"Affirmative, stingers are set down. Over." another voice replied on the other end.
"Wait, they're heading down to the---" the first voice said.
"They got an RPG! Requesting back-up! We're in trouble!"
"It's coming!"
"Oh shiii----"
Static noise covered the other end.
"Officer, please, response!"the second officer said.
"They've been taken down."
"Requesting for reinforcements! HQ please respond."
"Rrgh"
"What is wrong with--"
A rocket launcher came right on the face of the bewildered officer. A defeaning explosion was heard throughout the city. The robbers being chased by the police has escaped the police's operation.
"Haha you see the face of those idiots!"a criminal from the escape car said.
"No one can stop us now."the driver said.
"Let's go and stash these goodies."their leader said.
They rode down the forest out in the open fields away from the streets of the city. Within the forest, a glimming coat can be seen hiding in the woods.
"Spotted the target at 11 o'clock." Verde said on the radio.
"Proceed as planned."Lost said on the other end.
"Alright time for some action." Blake whispered to Verde.
"No Blake, I shall be the one to act here." Verde shot back.
"But, I have to help for the clan, I haven't even done anything since I arrived."Blake said.
"No, stay back. I got this." Verde said once again.
Verde threw a seed farther where the car is going towards to. As he threw it, he spitted at it on mid-air. It landed thirty meters away from the car and of grew instantly.
The car couldn't avoid the gigantic tree on its way, predictably, it crashed on the sturdy trunk of the tree. Metal chunks scattered on the ground.
The passengers of the car came out each with an injury.
"Boss, I swear it wasn't my fault."the driver said.
"The last thing I knew, we were driving on a completely flat land."he added.
"Are you saying that a tree just grew from out of nowhere."their leader said.
He shot the driver with a pistol on the head. His cold, dead body lay on the thick, warm grass.
"It's so hard to find a decent driver these days."the boss complains.
"Don't forget to mention a decent car."his man said pointing at the wrecked car.
"Are you playing jokes on me?"the angry leader said.
"N-no, boss."the subordinate replied.
"Then, don't just stand there! Pick up the money from the car!"the leader ordered.

"Ah, this should be all of them."the subordinate said.
"Let's go, we have to do it on foot from here."the leader said.
"Nope, I guess you have to do it on prison from here."an unknown robotic voice said.
"What the---"the leader said.
And in front oh his eyes, he saw the members of the network.

------------------------2 hours later, at the Network Hideout-----------------------------------
"Well, that's another mission done, good job team."Lost said to his members.
"Better get ready, I'll brief you on our next objective later, get some rest team."he added.
"Roger that."the members replied.

Blake, who feels dissatisfaction walked at the backyard of the house. The other members went on their own ways, except for Verde, who seems to notice the dissatisfaction of the elf. He came over to talk to the elf who is looking at the view around.

"Hey, why the long face?" Verde asked Blake.
"Oh, it's nothing."Blake replied.
"Doesn't look like nothing to me."Verde said back.
"Well, it's just that, as the newest member I haven't even done anything useful to the clan, I-I feel useless."the lonely elf said.
"No, don't say that."Verde encouraged.
"Everyone felt that because we all experienced being the newest."he added.
"No, I know you're the first member of the clan, only Dracustos felt being the newest"Blake said.
"Hmm.... Well if you feel useless, you can help me for one thing."Verde said.
"Really! I'll do my best to help!"the elf said with joy.
"Follow me."Verde instructed.
"Yes sir."Blake replied.

------------------------------------Moments later at the park-----------------------------------------
"A nice place to do it."the botanist said as he looked around the open field and the blue sky.
"So, umm, what can I do for you."Blake asked.
Verde brought out a seed of Grass Blade. It grew and the edge shimmered under the sunlight, birds chirped, signifying peace and quiet in the area.
"Help me get stronger, will you?"Verde insisted.
"Gladly!"Blake exclaimed.
Blake put his two hands together in a crossing pattern and out came blades extending from his wrist reaching three inches beyond his hands.
"Ready?"asked Verde.
"I was born ready."Blake replied.
The two of them rushed at each other, exchanging blows. Both were so skilled that the hits are just being dodged. Verde strikes at the head, Blake ducks and swings his right arm on Verde's feet. The agile botanist jumped before the blow could hit. Blake took the opportunity and swings his left arm at the airborne botanist. Verde picked a Saguaro shield from his pocket and held it with his free arm. The Cactus grew and blocked the hit.
"Wow, you're good."Blake said.
"I can say the same to you."Verde replied.
"Better keep your guard up!"he added.
Right at that moment, Verde did a somersault, a seed fell from his lab pocket. Verde rolled on the ground away from Blake. A smokescreen covered the area Blake was standing on.
"Don't you think I didn't know of this?"Blake said as he covered his nose.
"Oh, yeah?"Verde replied back. In that moment he spit at the foot of Blake.
"That's gross! What do you think your doing?" Blake complained. However, as he spoke, he remembered what happened at the mission a while ago.
"You're not getting me with this!"Blake said.
As the first seed grew from the sprout, he jumped back and out of the smokescreen. The tremendous Oak sprung to life in a mere second.
"Great job Blake."Verde said.
Verde then ran towards the direction Blake jumped to. However, when he looked behind the Oak, he saw nothing.
"Hey where you at mate?" Verde said.
"Wait a second."he added.
He looked around the area. The great Oak created a huge shadow in the area. He observed the area around here. After a few seconds, he swiped at the ground below him. His blade clashed with Blake's.
"It seems like you know of my ability as well." Blake said.
"But like you said earlier, don't let your guard down."he added.
Right at that moment he pointed his palm at Verde.
"Feel the power of light."he said.
A stream of light came out of his hands. Verde went flying to the air, his blade and sword lay on the ground. He landed a few meters away from Blake. The elf seized the moment and strikes Verde.
"My win."he said.
He went to the lying botanist and pointed the tip of his arm blade at Verde's neck.
"Well, I win."Blake said.
"Didn't I tell you."Verde said after a short moment of silence.
"Don't let your guard down."he added.
Out of the corner of Blake's eye, he saw something metallic hit his head.
"Presenting, a gift from our boss."Verde said.
Blake saw a bamboo stem on Verde's hands. Made of pure steel, he never saw anything like it.
"Now, time for the finale."Verde said.
He picked Blake up with his arm.
"Sorry to do this bud. Anything I do to you now can be easily healed later."he assured.
Right then Verde performed a combo on Blake. He hit Blake at the stomach, and at the head. He hit him again at the back of the neck. Blake bounced on the ground. Verde did a punch, knee attack. Then he grabbed at Blake's arm made a round-a-bout. He threw the elf away and came running to him. Blake was still flying in mid-air.
Verde was side by side with the elf and he ready the bamboo for the final blow.
"Sorry mate."Verde said.
He swung the bamboo at Blake's chest. The elf fell down on the ground unconscious.
"Victory is mine." Verde said.
-------------------------------------------Later, at the base-----------------------------------------
"Wha-"Blake groaned as he opened his eyes.
He found himself lying comfortably on the couch.
"Hey, you're awake."he heard Dracustos said.
"You did a great job burning my face."Verde said from behind.
"Verde is far too experienced for you Blake." Lost said, staring at the elf.
"Yeah, I guess."Blake said.
"That was a great match bud."Verde said and reached out his right arm at Blake.
"Heh, I can say the same."Blake replied to Verde.
The two shook hands with each other. It was another nice day for the network.

Blake keeps his head bowed as he weaves through the crowd, towards his destination: a metal arena surrounded by sand. He wonders why everyone is up so early. He shoved the thoughts aside as he tucked himself tighter in his jacket. The air was chilly. Quite a nice weather. He thought. He reaches the arena. Someone is already there. He stops dead in his tracks, surprise written clearly all over his face. Neither one of them speaks. Blake sends out a thin, barely noticeable pulse of light running through the ground. Contrasts of light and shadow flash in his vision. He picks out the distinct shadows falling on the young... Man? Teen? Whatever. Challenging his fellow clan mate would be interesting. He would have fun beating the crap out of Verde - if not, then at least hurting him real bad.

"I noted that you come early. It wouldn't hurt for our battling to start a minute or so before the arranged timing?" Blake nods at him.
"I merely need a... A moment to think." Blake replies. Blake surveys his surroundings again by sending another pulse of light. He keeps it under control. "We can begin sir." Blake bows low, mockingly.

A shrk sounded, and Blake braces himself. He slides his hand over the air, a shimmer of darkness. Particles shifted as his staff solidified in his hands, fingers curling around the comfortable feel of metal against flesh. Blake keeps his senses on sharp. Verde hasn't moved a bit yet. They circle each other cautiously. Suddenly, Verde pushes off the ground. Blake moves as well, extending his staff's blade. Both combatants crash head on centre, blades pushing against each other. A small power struggle before their blades screech against each other. They fell back, Verde swinging his grass blade in the air ready for another attack, and Blake, tightening his hold on his staff.
Clashes sounded as they both swung back and forth, dodging, blocking and coming back again. Blake almost got his head sliced off but he managed to duck in time, getting a nick on his arm instead when Verde's grass blade went down. "I'm getting tired of this." Blake muttered as they clashed head to head again. He sent a blast of light mixed with shadows, at the same time, using Verde's blade as a boost - planting a foot firmly on the blade pushing the botanist back and doing a somersault mid-air before landing.

A crack wrecks the momentary silence. Blake braced himself, bending down low. Something strong and thin wrapped around his staff, wrenching it out of his grip and throwing it out and into the sand. Blake jerks back, barely avoiding the whip. The next attack wasn't in Blake's favour. The vines tore at his cheek, causing him to tumble out of the metal arena and into the sand. He flipped to his feet, rubbing the new cuts, hoping sand hadn't gotten into them. Verde leaped into the sand after him, slashing out with the whip again. Blake summoned a pair of white-purple blades attached to his arms. He easily sliced through the whip. He sent a ball of blackish shadows at Verde. His projectile disappeared into something protruding out of the sand. "What the... That never happened before..."
"You should study your opponents more in depth Blake. This is my Saguaro Shield."
"Well why don't ya just keep throwing your seeds of surprise at me? You're definitely not the weak Medic I thought you were." Blake smirks as Verde snarls.

Verde runs towards him, something in his hands. Blake sends a blast of light ripping through the sand, causing grains of it, flying into the air and also sending Verde jumping high to avoid the ripple. Blake is on him in an instant, slamming a fist into his stomach. They wrestle for a moment before Blake tilts his arm roughly, slicing into Verde's green skin. He howls and pokes the object at Blake in an attempt to get Blake off him. Blake gasps as electricity courses through his body.

"N-n-not so-so easy Verde! I've suffered worst from the labs." Blake grits his teeth, trying to clear his head of the pain. He jumps off him however, avoiding another shock. As he does so, shadows appear from behind him, rising and attacking Verde. Something forms in the air. "AH!" Blake remembers this though- The Hedge Lion. Concealing himself, he dashes forward and skids under the lion's feet. He spins and slashes at it. He drops his illusion as he sends a shot of shadows at it. He drops to the ground as Verde comes from behind, swinging his Zapboo. Both human and plant attacks from both sides, forcing Blake to go on the defensive. He swirls light beneath him, charging it up before sending it out through his fingertips. It knocks the Hedge Lion to one side, giving him time to recover, summoning his staff to him. It comes spinning out of the air from behind Verde. "Duck!" Verde widens his eyes at the staff coming toward him from behind. He bends down low to avoid getting whacked by the oncoming staff flying through the air.

Blake raises his arm to grab his staff, following that, slamming a low slice of shadows at Verde. The attack almost hits Verde straight on until the lion whisks Verde away. Blake curses and turns to face them. Verde, who sits on the lion proudly, grins.
"Good try elf. Good try."
"Its just a little dirt." Blake mutters. "I mean who wouldn't like sand right?" he laughs, sounding a little crazed. Verde is just about to draw his Grass Blade when he finds he can't move at all. A roundhouse kick to the chest sends him half buried into the sand. After a second or so, he finds he can move again. He gets up, spitting sand out of his mouth, gagging. Just as Blake is about to thrust his staff into Verde's body, the lion pounces from behind, knocking him out of the way. Verde climbs to his feet.

"Ha!" He reaches in his pocket to get another seed. "Wha..." He comes out with a blank. He looks up.
"Looking for these Greeny?" Blake opens his palms, revealing several seeds. Verde growls. "I may be blind but I can feel around perfectly fine. Your pocket of seeds sure are lumpy... Yahhhhh-ikes!!" Blake deftly dodges the lion's claw coming his way. "Kitty, you're starting to annoy me." Blake raises his staff calmly, sending a blast of shadows, causing the Lion to explode into a pile of leaves.
"NO! You will pay for that!" Verde draws his Grass blade and attacks. Blake parries, his lips turning up just a little.
"You can't beat me. I've already won. I've got your seeds, destroyed your cat... You can see perfectly well Green head but I've still got the upper hand."
"No. You. Don't!" Verde gives a neat elbow smack to Blake's neck. Thrown off guard,Blake chokes, staggering back, scattering seeds. A sweep to his feet gets Blake down in the sand. He rolls, barely missing a jab from the Grass Blade. Verde comes down hard, his blade pushing on Blake's staff. They struggle, pushing back and forth, grunting. Sweat beads on Blake's forehead. He swallows hard. Getting an idea, he grins, letting himself weaken a little. When Verde gets close enough for their noses to touch, Blake spits.

Yelling in disgust and shock, his opponent wipes at his face frantically. "Gross! Augh!" Blake leaps at him but Verde anticipates it, striking with his Grass Blade. It's thin blade cuts through Blake's jacket and into his shoulder. Blake crashes, wincing as the blade goes deeper. Verde pulls the blade free and gets ready to plunge in again. Blake closes his eyes in defeat, ready to accept his fate.
Laughter causes Blake to stretch his senses. Verde is laughing. "I beat you Elf. You lost."
"Aw alright. This time only Greeny. I'll get ya next time." Verde pulls him up.
"I'll give you a Heal Lotus later. You deserve to feel a little pain." Blake sighs.
"Keep your lotus. I ain't wanting it anyhow." Rubbing his shoulder, trying to stanch the blood's flow, they move at a rapid pace, back to headquarters.

P.S.: Don't ask me why both sides is Verde's victory. I simply copy pasted my and pheb's work.
Oh, and to those who are viewing this, please don't just view, vote also.
And gimme criticisms.

Ebehp
08-21-2015, 09:56 PM
Our wRHG has many similarities. That really surprised me. The spitting, blades clashing. Who knew? xD

TheChosenGamer
08-21-2015, 09:57 PM
Why you make me win on your side?

Ebehp
08-21-2015, 10:00 PM
Why you make me win on your side?

Pft. It felt like a good idea. Besides, I'm a blind elf. What can I do~ naw. It just felt like you should win. I dunno. After all you were much more experienced

However, if you feel unsatisfied, here's an alternate ending to my work. Simply replace the last paragraph with this:

Yelling in disgust and shock, his opponent wipes at his face frantically. "Gross! Augh!" Blake leaps at him but Verde anticipates it, striking with his Grass Blade. It's thin blade cuts through Blake's jacket and into his shoulder. Blake crashes, wincing as the blade goes deeper. Verde pulls the blade free and gets ready to plunge in again. Blake let's himself fall back into the shadows. Verde's sword plunges into the dirt where Blake used to be. Verde blinks in confusion. "What the... Where'd he go?"
"Right here Greeny!" Blake jumps up from behind, tackling him to the ground. Blake grabs his staff and is is about to crush it into Verde's head.
"STOP!" Verde cries out, panicked. "You win elf. You win." Blake chuckles and gets off Verde. He reaches a hand out and clasps Verde's palm, pulling him up.
"Good battle. Not too bad." Blake murmurs, grinning.
"I'll give you a Heal Lotus later. You deserve to feel a little pain." Verde smiles wickedly. Blake sighs.
"Keep your lotus. I ain't wanting it anyhow." Rubbing his shoulder, trying to stanch the blood's flow, they move at a rapid pace, back to headquarters.

TheChosenGamer
08-21-2015, 10:42 PM
Pft. It felt like a good idea. Besides, I'm a blind elf. What can I do~ naw. It just felt like you should win. I dunno. After all you were much more experienced
You're talking like you're forfeiting

EDIT: Why, of all the views, only 2 votes?

Urako
08-22-2015, 10:52 AM
By the way, you forgot to make the polls public.

Shadowolf
08-22-2015, 04:41 PM
I voted for Blake.
Why?

Well, Phe, your sentence was a bit choppy on occasion, and had many grammatical errors, but overall it was fun to read, interesting, coherent, and had a lovely (wow...I think that is the first time I have EVERY used that word...) plot twist at the end. For a first battle, I say (God bless us, every one!...no, that's not what I say) Excellent Work!!

Gamer, your work was merely an a back-forth conversation with a few action descriptors thrown in here and there. You introduced a ton of useless characters into the work. I think I said this on your last battle, but I'll say it again --- NO USELESS PEOPLE!! If they do not serve an IMPORTANT role in your work, then they should not be there. Occasionally mentioning minor chars to flesh out a scene is one thing, but that should only be a brief reference at most. You throw in characters like spices into a homemade salsa (I'm making fajitas tonight...if you couldn't tell...).

I counted NINE characters in your story, each with MULTIPLE speaking parts. You could have stuck with just you and your opponent comfortably.

I counted FORTY-ONE uses of the word "said" in your work. Most battles don't even have forty-one speaking parts. As a side note, even when you do have characters speaking (which is great...in moderation) avoid the bland "said" as much as possible. You did a little, but not enough. When well written, it is possible to avoid using any word whatsoever after a line, because the text will indicate who is speaking.

You intertwine two plots that are more-or-less unrelated. After a while, I began to wonder "Is there even going to be a battle?" It took you forever to even HINT that there would be a battle (in proportion to your story length).

Because you had a mind-blowing amount of convo, and because the convo was poorly executed at that, AND because there were way to many characters for the story, AND because of the extra (useless) plot work -- your story was choppy and hard to follow.

I write this with the best of intentions, and sincerely hope you heed my advice. If you like convo that much, take a look at my battle with Azure (and her battle with me) for a relatively convo heavy battle that is still well balanced.

TheChosenGamer
08-22-2015, 06:34 PM
I voted for Blake.
Why?

Well, Phe, your sentence was a bit choppy on occasion, and had many grammatical errors, but overall it was fun to read, interesting, coherent, and had a lovely (wow...I think that is the first time I have EVERY used that word...) plot twist at the end. For a first battle, I say (God bless us, every one!...no, that's not what I say) Excellent Work!!

Gamer, your work was merely an a back-forth conversation with a few action descriptors thrown in here and there. You introduced a ton of useless characters into the work. I think I said this on your last battle, but I'll say it again --- NO USELESS PEOPLE!! If they do not serve an IMPORTANT role in your work, then they should not be there. Occasionally mentioning minor chars to flesh out a scene is one thing, but that should only be a brief reference at most. You throw in characters like spices into a homemade salsa (I'm making fajitas tonight...if you couldn't tell...).

I counted NINE characters in your story, each with MULTIPLE speaking parts. You could have stuck with just you and your opponent comfortably.

I counted FORTY-ONE uses of the word "said" in your work. Most battles don't even have forty-one speaking parts. As a side note, even when you do have characters speaking (which is great...in moderation) avoid the bland "said" as much as possible. You did a little, but not enough. When well written, it is possible to avoid using any word whatsoever after a line, because the text will indicate who is speaking.

You intertwine two plots that are more-or-less unrelated. After a while, I began to wonder "Is there even going to be a battle?" It took you forever to even HINT that there would be a battle (in proportion to your story length).

Because you had a mind-blowing amount of convo, and because the convo was poorly executed at that, AND because there were way to many characters for the story, AND because of the extra (useless) plot work -- your story was choppy and hard to follow.

I write this with the best of intentions, and sincerely hope you heed my advice. If you like convo that much, take a look at my battle with Azure (and her battle with me) for a relatively convo heavy battle that is still well balanced.
Thanks for the criticism Shadow.
It's just that, I'm trying my best to put a story here, from my first battle with Azure, I remember someone saying that I should just not put a fight. I should also put a story. But, seems like I got carried away.

And...LoL Azure is a Her, I never even knew that

Oh, and one question, even if Pheb wins, her story make it look like I win, so whose point is that?

Ebehp
08-23-2015, 03:54 AM
I voted for Blake.
Why?

Uhm. Wow. Thanks Shadow. Those points I'll definitely work on, tho it'll be tough cause I do my work on a tiny phone screen haaha.

Thanks for the criticism Shadow.
It's just that, I'm trying my best to put a story here, from my first battle with Azure, I remember someone saying that I should just not put a fight. I should also put a story. But, seems like I got carried away.

And...LoL Azure is a Her, I never even knew that

Oh, and one question, even if Pheb wins, her story make it look like I win, so whose point is that?

I'm sure it doesn't matter. It just depends on the vote.

Shadowolf
08-25-2015, 04:12 PM
Actually, I'm not entirely sure what gender Azure is. Azure comes off like a "her" though, so that's what I just presumed since I sorta have to use one gender or the other (unless Azure is one of those shemales...:p)

Azure
08-25-2015, 04:13 PM
Wait, what? I'm a guy. ._.

Shadowolf
08-25-2015, 04:18 PM
Wait, what? I'm a guy. ._.

O_o

Oh.

Well then.

(Are you sure?:p)

Ebehp
08-26-2015, 02:16 AM
O_o

Oh.

Well then.

(Are you sure?:p) ahaha. I usually get mistaken as a guy. That's why I made my username sound more femalish. I dont understand why Azure is all about them dragons and then his wRHG isnt. xD

May the best... Writer... Win. Waht.. Pfft

PitchEnder
08-26-2015, 01:56 PM
Actually, I'm not entirely sure what gender Azure is. Azure comes off like a "her" though, so that's what I just presumed since I sorta have to use one gender or the other (unless Azure is one of those shemales...:p)

Isn't azure like... A black dude...how do I know this but you don't XD

Ebehp
08-28-2015, 03:33 AM
Isn't azure like... A black dude...how do I know this but you don't XD this suddenly sprouts into a... A... I dont know how to call it. (Sit back and watch the shows gents. I'm pretty sure I'm the only female here rite about now.)

Hai Pitch. CnC?

Hewitt
08-28-2015, 03:48 AM

Oh fuck, we only tell the really adamant members of the WL that Azure is a tranny. Good job figuring it out on your own.

He's got your number, Azure.