PDA

View Full Version : The Shadowolf (Shadowolf) vs. Leoncio Cardozo (Azure)

Shadowolf
08-22-2015, 03:30 PM
Welcome, welcome, one and all (to the ugly bug ball...srry...just made me think of a long lost childhood picture book...) to the great RHG! Before us we have two animalistic combatants, locked in the traditional rivalry of cat and dog...or are they?

Azure's edition: Jaguarundi vs. Wolfkin (https://docs.google.com/document/d/19VZh51gwlBE7EKdLTgObrNYMzXdCxGHilpUgnq84OJI/edit)

For those of you who cannot read a Google Doc, here is the Spoiler version:

It is difficult to obtain the friendship of a cat.
It is a philosophical animal…
One that does not place its affections thoughtlessly.

-Theophile Guatier

__________________________________________________ ____

Leoncio’s stay in the hospital lasted roughly a week. During this time, he’d learned the name of the nurse who looked over him the most was Sharon, an intern who’d once been an acquaintance of an old gladiator who went by the name Bastet.

“You know, you kind of remind me of her,” Sharon says. “Only you don’t wear a mask like she did. Was quite obsessed with it, really. I mean, you have the whole cat motif going on.”

“It’s not exactly a choice,” Leoncio says in a mutter. Sharon holds her hands up, seemingly in apology.

“Sorry, sorry. I didn’t mean to cause offense, Mr. Sensitivity.” A small grin creeps onto his face, and she smiles herself. Holding up a chart, she looks it over. “So, your wounds are healing up nicely. The rib is setting at an accelerated pace, likely the whole weird blood thing. Oh, don’t give me that look, even if you hate it, it’s keeping you from being stuck in here longer. Back to what I was saying, your rib is setting, but it’s still not fully healed, so be careful with that. Your breathing may also suffer for a bit from the puncture. It’s not fully healed yet. Now, the most pressing concern would be your stomach wound.”

Leon gently places his hand against his stomach. He still remembered the sting of the blade going through him, the coldness of it, the numbness it brought. The wound gave a slight ache at his the touch.

“Though you were fully impaled, there wasn’t a huge deal of internal damage, which is a good thing. Slight damage to your large intestine, as well as a kidney, but not so extensive that we weren’t able to stitch them up. Also, because of the angling of the blade, your spine went totally untouched, so you shouldn’t suffer any real issues with movement. That all said, your body still needs time to recuperate. I’d honestly prefer you stay here, but that doesn’t seem like it’d align with your own pursuits, so I have the discharge forms. I will say that you should avoid too much stretching. If those stitches pop, you’ll be right back here and probably a lot more conscious than last time. I’ll prescribe you some painkillers as well, just pick them up at the pharmacy on your way out.”

Leon nodded, taking the paperwork and signing it. He leans back on his bed, wondering when next he’d fight, whether he’d end up back here or not.

“Oh, and Leon?”

“Yes?”

“Try to make your next visit more of a friendly one over a ‘let’s keep him from dying one,’ ok?”

After his discharge, Leon had a few days of recovery and meditation, before he was once again notified of a challenge. He checked the pager he’d been given, and read aloud the name of his opponent. “The Shadowolf…” The name set his blood on edge, somewhat. He was being placed in a fight with someone who bore a perverse name from an animal. Rubbing his temples, he continues to view the information sent. He’d be able to receive more information of the battle from the arena, where the battle would apparently be taking place this time.

Making his way there, he noticed the effects of the painkillers wearing down somewhat, a light ache present in his stomach. His healing had indeed succeeded the regeneration of a human, and he hated it, as it was just another reminder of how outcasted he was.

Arriving at the arena, he goes through the Gladiator entrance, his aim the Information Desk. “Hello,” he says. “I’m here for my battle information.”

A bored-looking young man, a pale white with greasy black hair and a splattering of freckles, yawns. “Name?” he asks in a deadpan that would kill a baby’s enthusiasm and wonder for the world.

“Leoncio,” he replies. The worker rolls his eyes, then in his chair, spins around and rolls towards a filing cabinet. He mutters incoherently under his breath as he looks over the contents of a drawer, before pulling out a manila folder. Kicking the drawer closed, he pushes himself back to the desk and passes it to Leon.

“Here,” he says. “As always, we ask you not share this information with others, and properly dispose of it afterwards.” He yawns again, and Leon gets the feeling that it’s more to show both his disinterest as well as imply that he no longer has any reason to talk to him. Leon takes the file and walks off to a lounge area, turning off the television so he can properly focus. He looks over the information provided, when his breath catches in his chest. A cold sweat slowly forms on his brow, and the world seems to go a little darker, a little more quiet.

“He’s… he’s like me.”

Leoncio’s mind tries to process this revelation. He sets the file aside, gripping his chest, his breaths speeding up. This was too soon. This was much too soon. He’d only just arrived, yet he’d already found someone who was like himself, somebody who had maybe found the answer to controlling the beast that was rooted so deeply within himself. As his thoughts start to settle, Leon realizes what the feeling is within him. It’s excitement. Pure, unhindered excitement, which he’d never had a chance to know before now. He picks the file back up, looking over the time and location of the battle.

The battle was scheduled for the next day, in one of the rooms here in the arena. His heart was still racing in anticipation. What would he be able to learn from this fight? The anticipation filled him like a drug, as he headed out to wait for the answer he sought.

On the day of battle, Leon’s excitement turned to dread. Over the course of the night, he’d realized he’d made a lot of assumptions as to this Shadowolf’s character before having even met the guy. What if he didn’t conquer the beast within? What if he’d given into it, turned into a monster with enough intelligence to have all the prey it could want? Would that be the same fate he’d face?

It was like he’d been filled with ice when he entered the designated room, set to resemble a field at high noon, with a lone castle in ruins a short distance away. He looked around, trying to comprehend how this room appeared larger on the inside than the whole of the building; another sign at the advanced technology this sport seemed to possess. He doubted he’d cease to be amazed at the wonders that this day and age continued to present.

Within moments of his entering, however, a metal bar impaled itself in the ground before him. His survival instinct prepared to kick in, when he noticed a piece of paper attached to the bar, a note composed of very formal handwriting on it. He rips it off, and glances over it.

‘Good day, Mr. Cardozo. I am your opponent, Shadowolf. Apologies for the rude introduction, but as I’m sure you’re aware, we’re of similar natures. That means that you, similar to myself, could give into your battle lust if things proceed too far. So this is a call to a proper duel. I’m at the top of the castle. I’d rather you not keep me waiting.

Your opponent, Shadowolf’

Leon crumpled the note, something akin to relief entering him. Though he was still tense, he at least felt that Shadowolf did understand him, moreso than anyone else he had met in his travels. He looked to the castle, making note of the height. It would take him no more than twenty minutes, give or take. Still, the request seemed a bit peculiar. Why was he being asked to climb to the roof? It didn’t make much sense, but there was nothing to do but meet Shado’s demands.

The inside of the castle was in surprisingly better condition than the outside. Though there were still the obvious signs of destruction, such as the holes in the wall where sunlight streamed in, the floors were immaculate polished stone; it was limestone, if Leon recalled correctly. He’d only spent a short time learning of the stones often used as flooring. Textiles, which still held some crest of royalty, were lain single file across the floor; a warm reprieve from the light chill of the flooring. He looked in awe at the art that still decorated the walls, scenes of battle that seemed almost surreal, featuring knights and monsters alike.

As he continued, he reached the throne room, where a decaying throne sat sad and alone. Standing tall behind it was a dark figure; though it was cloaked in shadows and with piercing red eyes, heavenly lights bathed it. The painting had no discernible title, but it was almost as if looking at it sent whispers into his mind. He broke the pseudo eye contact, finding the staircase to the spire nearby. It wasn’t a particularly long ascent, but as he rose higher and higher, he questioned more and more how that metal bar had reached him. He cursed himself for not better looking over the file he’d been given.

Upon reaching the top, he found himself greeted by a strange sight: a shiny metal table with two similarly designed seats on opposite sides of it. One of the chairs was already occupied, a hooded figure watching Leon. He waves his hand to the empty seat, gesturing for him to take it. Leon was hesitant, but he didn’t want to initiate in combat while his opponent was being so hospitable; even more, the previous discomfort of the fight had risen in him. This person could have the answers he sought. Would a blindly hacking away at each other really teach him anything?

Taking his seat, he quietly watched Shado, who still kept his hood on, obscuring his face. The pair sat in perpetual silence, only the kiss of the wind reminding them they were still alive, that this wasn’t strange dream.

“…I admit,” Shado said, taking the initiative, “that when I was first informed that I’d be fighting you, I expected something a bit, well, different. Someone a bit more similar to myself.”

“What do you mean?” Leon asks slowly, his body starting to tense for some unknown reason. Though he didn’t feel a threat at the moment, he did feel an instinctual distrust for Shado.

The man sniffs, seeming to nod to himself. “So, you’re still working to control your animal instincts, are you? As you probably saw, I too have been blessed with traits of a beast.” He reaches up and pulls back his hood, revealing the head of a black wolf, crimson markings on the right side of his face. Leoncio instantly backs away, to the chuckles of Shado. “Calm down, calm down. A bit shocking at first, but I assure you, I’m not as scary as I look.”

Leon takes a moment to let the form sink in, then asks the question that had been burning in him since he’d first seen the file. “You… were you born like this?”

Shado shakes his head. “I was born one hundred percent human, a proud Alban who became a devoted knight of his people. I take it you got a look at the pictures and such below?” Leon nods. “Well, one way or another, it seems this system managed to model this particular setting off of one from my own home. They turned it into these ruins, likely to spite me and promote the battle, but it takes a bit more than cheap tricks like this to get under my fur. I was given this blessed form while on the verge of death by a being called ‘The Reaver’; I’m sure you saw his image above the throne.”

The image of those piercing red eyes came back to Leon, and he shook his head. “No, no, no… This… what am I supposed to do with this?” He rips off his bandana, revealing his ears. “How do we live when we’re nothing but monsters?!”

Shado folds his hands, placing them in front of his muzzle. “As I’ve come to understand, this ‘Real World’ of yours does tend to have a heavy bit of discrimination against those with less human appearances. Though you, you’ve so little about you that appears like a beast, I can’t help but feel a bit jealous. I’d think you’d have it easier.”

Leon clenches his fists, tears threatening to burst forth. “Easier…? Every day, every day of my life, I’ve struggled to hide away this monster inside of me. Every day, I worry about what will happen if I lose control, how many lives I may take.” He lightly touches the scar on his face. “I wonder if I’ll really just become an animal, if the only salvation I can find is in death.”

Shado places his hands firmly on the table, and stands. As he does so, both the chairs and table melt away into nothing. He takes up a battle stance. “If you’re really so tortured, then let’s get to this duel. We’re both beasts of men, are we not? Let’s speak with our claws, not our words.”

Leon wipes at his eyes, and tossing aside his bandana, takes his own stance. The two begin to circle each other, watching the movements of the other, their muscles relaxing in preparation. As the pacing continued, a light suddenly shines in Leon’s eyes, his arms instinctively moving up to protect his vision. It was in that moment that Shado moved forward, his fist connecting with Leon’s still healing wound. The blow winded him, and then the pain kicked in. Everything stopped for Leon, who was unable to move, unable to think from the nubing sensation.

Shado didn’t let up, grabbing Leon’s neck and throwing him into the far embrasure. Leon’s body was nothing but pain, pain and anger at the situation. This wasn’t what he expected, this wasn’t what he wanted. The beast within awakened, slowly asserting its influence. Leon rose to his feet, Shado walking over.

“Come now, boy, you’re much more than this. I know you’re injured, but I myself am not in the best condition after that fight with the witch brat.” He paused mid-stride, sniffing the air. Immediately, he raises a wall of iron, deep claw marks etching into them. “So those are your claws. Not physical, but something else, huh?”

Leoncio slowly rises to his feet, blood shooting from his mouth as he coughs. He wipes away the excess, turning to face the dog before him. Whether he was wounded or not, he wouldn’t lose to someone like this. Shado grins, the wall melting and turning into a floating spear. He launches it forward, following closely behind as Leoncio allows himself to fall over the embrasure. The spear flies harmlessly by, and Shado looks over the edge. Not seeing the body, he tunes his senses, locating Leon lower in the tower, having entered through one of the holes which once archers may have used if in fact this were a real castle.

Leon uses his shift in battle location to move as far from Shado as he can, needing a breather. As he moves down the stone stairs, he takes into consideration what he’s learned thus far, and it only deepens the dread that had been building within him. How was he going to defeat somebody so much stronger than him, especially with his stomach wound? He manages to arrive back in the throne room, and sits near a pillar, his body buzzing with fear and adrenaline. The stare of the Reaver portrait nags at him despite his looking away from it, a reminder that the one it made was likely going to find him soon.

“What do I do…” he wonders softly to himself, punching the pillar, a cloud of dust and pebbles falling on him. He rubs his eyes and coughs, cursing the fact he was fighting in some ruins, when a plan came to mind. He’d need to move quickly, though. Picking himself up, he moves towards the entrance, Shado’s footsteps now sounding.

“I can tell where you are,” Shado says, now exiting the tower himself. “You can’t hide from me, and it’s a bit insulting that you try. Where’s your warrior spirit?” He spots Leoncio hobbling towards the entrance, the boy nearly outside the castle. “Trying to get to the open, eh? That won’t help you.” He shifts his legs apart, taking up a running stance, before sprinting down the hall.Leon could hear the quickened pace, his time limited even further. He just needed to get a little bit further…

He manages to exit the building, turning around and swiping his claws at the doorway. The attack cuts deep into the weakened stone, the structure collapsing atop of the Shado as he reaches the entryway. Leon collapses onto his back, exhaling deeply as all the energy in his body departs. While he was sure that the rubble wasn’t enough to kill Shado, it was at least enough to knock him unconscious. He lets the false sunlight warm his aching body, when a sound catches his attention. He sits up, eying the rubble pile.

A dull gray clawed hand shoots forth from the pile, and Leoncio yips. Swiping at the rocks, the hand slowly reveals Shado, covered in an iron shell, crawling forth. His eyes burn with anger as he drops the shell, revealing blood-matted fur above his right eye and his snout, as though the shell didn’t come up in time to fully protect him from the surprise volley. He stomps up to the exhausted Leon, lifting him high into the air, snarling viciously into his face.

Leon, thoroughly tired, raises his arm in an attempt to defend himself, only to be dropped onto his knees. Shado rustles his hair, crouching to speak to him at eye level. “I yield,” he says simply. “You’re lucky. I was very close to letting my instincts take over; if we continued as we are now, one of our lives would be gone, something neither of us would want. You’re strong, you’re young, and there’s a lot left for you to discover in this world. I won’t cut it short to win in some bloodsport like this.” He stands up, lifting Leon easily over his shoulder. “Let’s get you to a hospital. We both need to get these wounds tended to, and I may find myself a nice-smelling lass.”

Leoncio woke up, as he previously had, in a hospital bed. Unlike last time, however, he wasn’t bound to it, and Sharon was already at his side, injecting some sort of liquid into an IV. She notices he’s awake, and after setting the needle down, puts her hands on her hips. “Morning, Leon. What was it I asked you last time you were here?”

Leon rubs his forehead, his body somewhat numb. “Um… I don’t remember.” Sharon pouts, then simply sighs.

“Jeez, you’re a serious handful, you know? You’re going to destroy your body totally at this rate. You really should just ask for my number if you want to see me so much. A lot less work on my end.”

Leaving a very befuddled Leoncio on that note, she walks out, as the curtain separating his bed from the next is pulled aside, Shado sitting in the bed with a grin. “Aye, looks like the lass has a liking of you. Tell me, are you really that inexperienced?”

Leon turns away. “What do you want?” he asks in a grunt, his ear flicking. His eyes widen, and he feels his head, realizing he was no longer wearing his bandana. Sharon had seen his ears. What had she thought of him?

“No need to panic, and no need to treat me so coldly. I look at you, and I think to myself that you’re such a greenhorn, you need someone to coach you in the ways of controlling your instincts. We’ve different origins, but at heart, you know we’re alike. Besides, it’ll be interesting having an apprentice.”

Leon remains silent for a moment, before giving a simple reply.

“Fine. But I better not get fleas.”

Shadowolf's edition: The Joining (https://docs.zoho.com/writer/published.do?rid=2xguu6bf7767882fe48cdb854677bbab5 117b) (Since I use Zoho Docs, there should be no issues here. If there is, please notify me).

As always, feel free to give all the CnC you want. I hope you enjoy our battles. Man the best beast-man win!

Ebehp
08-23-2015, 04:19 AM
I'm assuming this mentor thing was... Planned? Idk.
I liked Shadow's humor. Got me grinning for awhile.
Azure had more of a lovey-dovey back story of some sort.
I enjoyed both of yours. It had quite a bit of character in them. It wasn't extremely easy to chose cause both of you are talented writers.
I dont really have CnC cause I am not such a good writer myself. xD
Nicely done guys

Azure
08-23-2015, 10:59 AM
Lovey-Dovey backstory? Eh, not so much. Leoncio didn't really have a loving past. It's more like a semi-romantic recurring side plot given life due to the battles.

RichardLongflop
08-23-2015, 12:09 PM
azure what have I said about Google Docs~? Not everyone can use it.

Azure
08-23-2015, 12:13 PM
That's exactly why I had it posted as well. See? I learn from my mistakes.

RichardLongflop
08-23-2015, 12:34 PM
Oh wait, I had thought that you had the link and he had the spoiler. But he has a link also, but it's not docs.

I'll read soon.

Chromium7
08-24-2015, 11:25 AM
Initial reactions:

Azure's Story:
You opened with a quote from Guatier about the apparent philosophical nature of the cat.
I enjoyed that as a story-opener, but it also sets a precedent. After reading the quote, I went into the story with the assumption that Leoncio, being part cat, would place his affections thoughtfully just as Guatier would lead one to believe. The scene with the nurse was rather sweet, and upheld my initial belief that Leoncio had indeed placed his affections thoughtfully. But from the moment Leo walked out on Sharon, that all changed.
Leo sees Shado and he impulsively reaches out. He wants to talk, he wants to spar, he wants to rush into this without a thought because Shado's part animal too. I get the sense that such actions are consistent with how you want Leo to be portrayed, but that impulsive drive he has to associate with anyone and anything that appears as monstrous as he views himself to be is very much ironic when prefaced with a quote about how ruddy difficult it is to get a cat to like you. That's perfectly fine to me- having irony like that in a story, but as I continue reading, I feel as if I'm the only one who gets a sense of how foolish Leo's attempts at befriending a 'fellow beast' truly are- save for maybe Sharon when she asks Leo to try and make his next meeting a friendly one rather than a 'lets keep him from dying' one. In addition, Leo seems to have no grasp of the fact that his abilities, the power to heal in particular, is also something of a gift- or at least an upside to what might otherwise be viewed as a beastly affliction.
The night before the battle, Leo to his credit does get a bit wary. But for whatever reason, he hasn't read the file as thoroughly as he should have. Whether one were excited or apprehensive about their opponent, I feel as if thorough read-through of their profile would be a good place to start. Yet Leo appears to be shocked when it is revealed that Shadowolf lowers his hood revealing that he has the head of a wolf. This takes me out of the story for several reasons:
1) Isn't the name Shadowolf kind of a giveaway?
2) Wouldn't the typical profile contain information related to a gladiator's appearance?
3) Given how excited Leo is at the prospect of meeting another half-beast, should that excitement not be all the more reason to investigate the matter further even if information regarding Shadowolf's wolfish appearance had not provided?
4) If he knew that Shadowolf did in fact bear the head of a wolf, and he himself bears visage of a Jaguarundi... why does he back away? Surely he knew what was under there.

And this last point falls on Shado to some capacity I'm sure, but...
5) How the heck is a hood supposed to hide the fact that you've got a wolf head? Maybe if you're looking down and it's real dark you'd have some leeway, but surely someone would notice that your nose and mouth pointing out, maybe a bit of light reflecting off those sharp wolf teeth every time you opened your mouth to speak in what would surely be a more wolfish tongue?

That said, I can put it down to Leo maybe grabbing an extra cup of coffee in the morning and getting a bit jumpy at the sight of Shado suddenly lowering his hood and looking straight at him like he's about to eat his face off or something. He's got a right to flinch a little- plus, he's seventeen- but that combined with how little Leo actually seems to know tells me that he's dreadfully under-prepared for what's to come. He even tries to hide from Shado when he not only possesses enhanced senses to rival his own but a sixth sense that allows him to SENSE THE LOCATION OF HIS OPPONENT. I feel like that was in the profile for some reason (http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?95694-The-Shadowolf-(aka-Shado-or-Maxar)).

You didn't get Shado's powers wrong. But Leo still tries to run from this guy, despite receiving a file containing information regarding his opponent which he at least skimmed. He manages to make an ambush out of it, which I'd like to think was his plan the whole time, though I found no evidence supporting this.

"I yield," -Shadowolf.
I feel like this is the only way to win a battle against Shado's character and it's kind of sad.
But you handled it somewhat decently, with the two deciding to become animal buddies. And they live happily ever after.
For the record, I hope Leo doesn't get fleas too.

Shadowolf's Story:
"Now you have to tell me why I'm here."
I mean- yeah, I guess...

"A prodigiously oversized hood hid his head from view."
So it's a big hood. There we go. And it dematerializes now I guess?

Alright, onto the meat of the story. I have to give you props for digging at Leo when he starts going on about how hard it is for him to control his inner beast. "Life isn't all peaches and cream." I'm not sure why these two characters are so convinced that they're so monstrous and that no one likes them- but you came the closest to recognizing that the world around you is filled with so-called monsters, and that maybe all the animal people can hang out or whatever and be fine, lol.

Honestly, this story was really short. I'm not even sure it was really a fight. Neither story was, really- and I get the feeling that the whole point of this was just to spar a bit and see how the characters pair up. And... if that was the goal with this, you certainly accomplished it. When Shadowolf reveals that he's... basically a wolf- it meant something. It was as simple as these two gladiators happen to meet, with neither really knowing much of anything about each other, they lash out at each other then come to the conclusion that they really don't need to be fighting. Shado was straight-to-the-point, pretty real about it, and while it was a short story, it... wasn't any shorter or longer than it needed to be.

Closing Statements:
I really liked Azure's story. Leo felt a bit out of touch at times, but Sharon to some extent grounded him- if not straight-up dishing on him like Shado did in his story. I'm not exactly sure why Sharon's so keen on flirting with Leo, but... eh- jaguarundis are freaking cute, and I guess if you're into human-animal hybrids it's whatever really. When judging relationships in stories, I start by asking myself if both parties are each more or less humanoid creatures that Dante wouldn't mind sleeping with if they were single at the time and interested in him, and Dante probably wouldn't mind sleeping with either Sharon or Leo if they were interested in him and single at the time, so I'll deem it a somewhat believable semi-humanoid relationship. Not that either of them would be interested in Dante or anything.

If I squint a little, Azure's story feels like a somewhat coherent overarcing story that resolves itself on around 10 page with the different font.
If I do the same for Shado's story, it's a fairly clean short story where the characters act like they would had they just happened upon each other. They get over it, go out, and Reaver smiles which was kind of a sweet moment.

Shado's story made a lot more sense in terms of character interactions at least to me- (and I appreciate the jab at Leo), but my vote goes to Azure because the main issues I had was how the Leo-Sharon interactions didn't quite meld with the Leo-Shado interactions, while Shado's story didn't really have another other layer to meld in. Both stories were about on par with one another, so this was a hard choice.

Shadowolf
08-24-2015, 05:24 PM
Shado's story made a lot more sense in terms of character interactions at least to me- (and I appreciate the jab at Leo), but my vote goes to Azure because the main issues I had was how the Leo-Sharon interactions didn't quite meld with the Leo-Shado interactions, while Shado's story didn't really have another other layer to meld in. Both stories were about on par with one another, so this was a hard choice.

I don't mean to sound too sarcastic, but my story begins and ends with an entirely different character in play -- The Reaver. In fact, it is The Reaver, not Shado or Leon, who sets the stage for what happens in the ensuing encounter. So how can you say that there was no other layer? Proportionally speaking, my story had every bit as much extraneous interaction as Azure's.

Just curious, honestly...

DaisyDuke
08-25-2015, 04:47 PM
So....this is my first vote on a battle! I had no idea you guys even did battles here!

Well, I read both of them, and they are both awesome. I just joined to read Stick Empires stuff, but I might just have to do this as well.
You guys are both awesome. I'm not even going to really say much, but I do read a lot, so on that basis I made my vote.

Though it was a tough decision, I picked Shadowolf's story because I liked how he and Leon met better in that one. Also, the ending about that creepy Reaver guy is just...cool. I have to agree with what that other guy said, though...the Shadowolf's story is short, though not unpleasantly so.

The reason I did not vote for Azure (though you have a better profile pic ;) ) was because I did not understand the emotions enough. You did a good job, and (after I realized that there are character pages I needed to read) it makes sense, in the story itself you sorta just leap from one emotional standpoint to another in your characters, without telling me about what made that change and how and when.

Also, is it just me, or did both of these have more or less the same ending, with The Shadowolf winning (kinda) but becoming a friend/father-figure to Leoncio?

Still, you guys write waaaaaaaayyyyy better than I do, so congrats to both of you.

AFTERTHOUGHT: OMG, am I even supposed to be voting here without creating my own wRGH character?! If not, I am SOOOOOO sorry! Just forget I even voted (unless, of course, it's OK...). I hope I don't get banned or kicked or an infraction or whatever for something like this... :eek:

Vern
08-25-2015, 04:50 PM
So....this is my first vote on a battle! I had no idea you guys even did battles here!

Well, I read both of them, and they are both awesome. I just joined to read Stick Empires stuff, but I might just have to do this as well.
You guys are both awesome. I'm not even going to really say much, but I do read a lot, so on that basis I made my vote.

Though it was a tough decision, I picked Shadowolf's story because I liked how he and Leon met better in that one. Also, the ending about that creepy Reaver guy is just...cool. I have to agree with what that other guy said, though...the Shadowolf's story is short, though not unpleasantly so.

The reason I did not vote for Azure (though you have a better profile pic ;) ) was because I did not understand the emotions enough. You did a good job, and (after I realized that there are character pages I needed to read) it makes sense, in the story itself you sorta just leap from one emotional standpoint to another in your characters, without telling me about what made that change and how and when.

Also, is it just me, or did both of these have more or less the same ending, with The Shadowolf winning (kinda) but becoming a friend/father-figure to Leoncio?

Still, you guys write waaaaaaaayyyyy better than I do, so congrats to both of you.

AFTERTHOUGHT: OMG, am I even supposed to be voting here without creating my own wRGH character?! If not, I am SOOOOOO sorry! Just forget I even voted (unless, of course, it's OK...). I hope I don't get banned or kicked or an infraction or whatever for something like this... :eek:

Don't worry, you don't need a fighter to vote for as far as I know. As long as you vote fairly and unbiased, it shouldn't really matter.

Urawhacko
08-28-2015, 10:51 AM
OMG Shadowolf!

Listen, as far as the stories go, I think both of you were tied (like everyone else here said). What I have to say pushed it over the edge for me was how you (Shadowolf) were soooo specific in your fight descriptions. I mean, I have been doing RP battling for a while now, and usually people just say a punch or hit or whatever. More descriptive people sometimes tell you where they hit on their opponent. Almost never have I seen someone used actual freestyle fighting terms! "Haymaker" and "hook" and "bicycle kick"...swwwweeeeeeetttt!

I soooo gotta tell my cousin about this....we both do freestyle fighting, and this is just too awesome...

Sense-ablility
08-28-2015, 11:12 AM
Well now...

Yes, coz, I agree that it is interesting how he wrote the battles.

Shadowolf....

I am not as easily wooed as my cousin. Though you wrote an excellent story, I actually would have voted for Azure if it was not for one problem I had with his work.

Azure, really, the main problem I had with your work was the setting for the battle. First, no amount of technology can make the interior of a room larger than the outside. If you had said they had teleported through some portal/door...plausible. If you had insinuated that the great distances were merely illusions...quite possible. But the size difference is impossible. (See the hologram room of the USS Enterprize from star trek...).
Secondly...a dilapidated castle...I mean, really? I read that and I think "Velcome to my castle...wahahahahaaaa!". The Dracula-ish style castle is infinitely overused in fantasy writing. It's like you said "I'm going to be fighting this hooded wolf dude with crazy powers, who was trained by this super eerie familiar spirit guy...where should I put this? A dilapidated castle? Of course! Duh!"

For originality alone, I voted for Shadowolf.

Shadowolf
08-28-2015, 11:17 AM
Whoa, seriously?
You guys do freestyle fighting?

That's not exactly an common past time. What circuit are you in?

Drone
08-28-2015, 12:31 PM
That moment when you're not getting any votes so you make some of your own :rolleyes:

Hewitt
08-28-2015, 12:34 PM
Now now Drone, they could all just have cousins.

At the same time.

Exile
08-28-2015, 12:51 PM
hahahah I've never seen such an obvious multiaccount attempt. my god.

GuardianTempest
08-28-2015, 12:57 PM
Are they alts of Pitch? If so, tell him to flee to ROBLOX.

Btw, Azure, your fonts, it's a bit much for the casual reader.

acutelatios
08-28-2015, 05:02 PM
Due to Shadowolf pulling the stunt he did and getting banned, this battle unfortunately and is automatically a win for Azure.

Sorry deary.

Drone
08-28-2015, 05:03 PM
It was pretty much an automatic win for Azure from the start anyway

Haru
08-28-2015, 05:14 PM
My..My... Clan mate.
:(
*sob*

Vern
08-28-2015, 05:39 PM
My..My... Clan mate.
:(
*sob*

You don't want such people in your clan anyways.

Azure
08-29-2015, 12:33 AM
This honestly disgusts me.

Chaotic Penguin
08-29-2015, 06:04 AM
But, why? What does he achieve? A false sense of victory?

Looks like we might have to kick him :|

acutelatios
08-29-2015, 06:31 AM
He's already banned forever. He won't be coming back.

roBEAT
08-29-2015, 07:40 AM
Banned forever? That means, I win my battle against him by forfeit, right?....

acutelatios
08-29-2015, 08:54 AM
Pretty much, unfortunately.

Chaotic Penguin
08-29-2015, 09:14 PM
He's already banned forever. He won't be coming back.

Oh. Right.
Maybe he'll attempt to negotiate his way back. Maybe.

Drone
08-29-2015, 10:07 PM
Oh. Right.
Maybe he'll attempt to negotiate his way back. Maybe.

We don't negotiate

Kamiroo Wolf
08-30-2015, 11:48 AM
Wait, this is what he got banned over? I'm rolling right now xD

Azure
08-30-2015, 11:54 AM
I'm understandably still annoyed over the situation.

Hewitt
08-30-2015, 06:21 PM
This has only ever happened twice in the history of this section. And I caught the first one.

What was even more disgusting was how he was so smug about it even when he was revealed, he still kept to his story and concocted an excuse as to why 4 IPs weren't him.

Azure
08-30-2015, 06:27 PM
I still kind of want to believe that three random new users just decided his story was better than mine, but honestly, it was just too strange. If our battle was at the top? Sure. If they weren't cousins? Maybe. Hell, them all commenting was weird in and of itself (not to say much, but comments aren't super common amongst battles lately, and I'm as guilty as anyone else).
ie
But when they all talk alike? That's when you can't have anymore disbelief. I mean, "Freestyle Fighting?" Who the hell calls a Haymaker (boxing by the way) "Freestyle Fighting?" And who questions how, in a world where there're magic and demons and resurrections and things going on that a room is larger on the outside than the inside? So is the T.A.R.D.I.S. from Doctor Who, and that's a series that prides itself on science fiction vs any magical elements. It sucks that this happened, it really does, but Shado had to go if he was this bothered by losing one battle.

Malacal
08-30-2015, 06:37 PM
His fear of losing a battle made him lose at the whole forum. Impressive.