PDA

View Full Version : PLOT Walk-And-Wave

PLOTSENT
09-08-2015, 05:06 PM
Hey guys, i would like to know if this animation is better than my previous animations, if you have tips please comment!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXUeS4PTE_I&feature=youtu.be

Stracked
09-08-2015, 05:19 PM
Try working on the basics.
Your walking cycle doesnt really look like he is walking tbh.
There are plenty of videos and tutorials out there, try giving them a look since they do help alot. Overall it might be your style but it feels as if they have no knees and that also hurts the feel a little.
Also it might need more frames, add more in betweens, maybe some double frames : >
But overall keep practicing as usual :>

PLOTSENT
09-08-2015, 05:30 PM
Thank you for the reply, and I will.

♛Gilgamesh♛
09-08-2015, 06:05 PM
Hey there! Well tbh I feel like Stracked nailed it with the walking cycle and the need for more frames. Walking cycle aside, I truly feel it needed more frames cause that way I could have looked at how he walks and how he moves his arms more easily, rather than having to pause the videos a few times to see how you drew the stickman in each frame. I've made this mistake myself sometimes tho, but it was when I kinda messed up with the layers and I can't undo it without affecting the entire animation, the only con is that some bits went too quickly but at least I didn't mess up more than that in my case xD Also what Stracked said about the tutorials. I've been watching some of them and it's really helped me a lot. I don't think I'd be able to do this well, (and I just started with the program xD) if it weren't for those tutorials. At this point if I hadn't watched any tutorials on Youtube I'd have to figure out how the program works by myself, and that's usually time-consuming most of the time.

Keep it up tho, determination and tenacity really help one out to get better. (Personally I think I could do better with a wacon tablet LOL, but anyways.) Maybe try making your animations longer, whether it be by adding more cycles, double-framing, practicing movements, techniques, whatever comes to mind. What you need is basically practice, practice, practice to understand the program better and to remember how to draw the stickman in different positions. Maybe even practicing that on a piece of paper will help you. I haven't tried it yet because I've been busy, but if you feel like it you can give it a go and see if it helps you remember how to draw the stickman the way you want to.

I hope my humble opinion's helped clear some questions you might have and if not well, I'm just happy to be able to post something that could potentially help you find a way to make your animations better.

Regards, Gilgamesh.

PLOTSENT
09-08-2015, 06:29 PM
Hey there! Well tbh I feel like Stracked nailed it with the walking cycle and the need for more frames. Walking cycle aside, I truly feel it needed more frames cause that way I could have looked at how he walks and how he moves his arms more easily, rather than having to pause the videos a few times to see how you drew the stickman in each frame. I've made this mistake myself sometimes tho, but it was when I kinda messed up with the layers and I can't undo it without affecting the entire animation, the only con is that some bits went too quickly but at least I didn't mess up more than that in my case xD Also what Stracked said about the tutorials. I've been watching some of them and it's really helped me a lot. I don't think I'd be able to do this well, (and I just started with the program xD) if it weren't for those tutorials. At this point if I hadn't watched any tutorials on Youtube I'd have to figure out how the program works by myself, and that's usually time-consuming most of the time.

Keep it up tho, determination and tenacity really help one out to get better. (Personally I think I could do better with a wacon tablet LOL, but anyways.) Maybe try making your animations longer, whether it be by adding more cycles, double-framing, practicing movements, techniques, whatever comes to mind. What you need is basically practice, practice, practice to understand the program better and to remember how to draw the stickman in different positions. Maybe even practicing that on a piece of paper will help you. I haven't tried it yet because I've been busy, but if you feel like it you can give it a go and see if it helps you remember how to draw the stickman the way you want to.

I hope my humble opinion's helped clear some questions you might have and if not well, I'm just happy to be able to post something that could potentially help you find a way to make your animations better.

Regards, Gilgamesh.

Thank you for the help!