PDA

View Full Version : The 8 Bit Collab 2! [CANCELLED]

Seagull
09-22-2015, 10:35 AM
Unfortunately, this collab has been CANCELLED. I've extended the due date since the last update, but nobody since then has submitted a single entry, and the only entries I had that I deemed usable were the ones that I used in the teaser. http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/7952/ Aside from a couple of good entries, I wasn't going to be able to make this one better than the first 8 bit collab using only those entries. I wouldn't have even had enough to play a full song in the background. I would extend the due date again, but I would only maybe get one or two more entries by the next due date. So unfortunately, it's game over for this collab. I hoped since it was a good idea, It would eventually be successful, but I guess not. depending on what kind of reactions I get, I might start this back up later, but the odds of that are slim. I'd at least like to thank all those who made an entry and supported this!

Horizon28
09-22-2015, 12:57 PM
Alright,sign me up for this one.What are the skill requirements?

Maytexis Zock
09-22-2015, 01:52 PM
I'm going in again. Question. are we allowed edit the controller?

Ernest The Reaper
09-22-2015, 05:14 PM
Ill join >:) it seems cool

ScatterFace
09-22-2015, 05:22 PM
I'll join.

Seagull
09-23-2015, 11:01 AM
I'm going in again. Question. are we allowed edit the controller?

No. And Horizon, high-beginner level is recommended.

Maytexis Zock
10-12-2015, 04:44 PM
To be sure, is it still 8-bit or any type of game?

Seagull
10-12-2015, 06:58 PM
To be sure, is it still 8-bit or any type of game?

It's always been any type of game. Only I'd prefer games that started out as games, rather than something that was inspired off a TV show or movie.

Terror-Sama
10-13-2015, 09:22 AM
I'm doing this :)..

mr.qu
11-20-2015, 02:10 AM
Lets go! Im in

Kodoku
11-20-2015, 10:17 AM
Count me in.

I'LL BE DOING KING OF FIGHTERS. DON'T YOU DARE TO COPY ME.

Etch
11-20-2015, 02:28 PM
This seems like something fun to take part in to get me back into groove.

Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt

Seagull
11-23-2015, 02:06 PM
Ah. new peeps joining in. nice. good luck!

Seagull
12-24-2015, 08:44 PM
Whoops, forgot to update this. So the due date has been changed to February 20th. All other updates and stuff i forgot at the moment are in the first post. Also, i need some entries pretty soon. I want to make a trailer for this, but i only have like 4 entries so far. So if you want your entry to help make this collab successful even more, please make an entry for me pretty soon. Thanks, and good luck!

drbrownca
01-02-2016, 07:51 PM
I'd be happy to join if you shall accept me. I'll attempt to give you an entry sooner than later based off your eagerness of a trailer of sorts.

Turquoise#2
01-03-2016, 12:25 AM
I'd like to join, I should be able to put a part out :D

Seagull
01-03-2016, 12:50 AM
Thanks for joining dudes. I am definitely very eager to make a trailer to get some more entrants, so your entries would be very much appreciated! Thank you!

Turquoise#2
01-03-2016, 04:58 PM
Question: Does the stickfigure have to be black? Because since we're making this in separate parts with different games, it wouldn't really make a difference what the stickfigure is, right?

Seagull
01-03-2016, 05:12 PM
Question: Does the stickfigure have to be black? Because since we're making this in separate parts with different games, it wouldn't really make a difference what the stickfigure is, right?

Well, when i put this all together, it'll be one black stick figure teleporting through a bunch of different games using the power of the controller. So if he's randomly a different color, it wouldn't seem like he's the same person. So to keep fluidity, he must be black. However, he can change color during your entry as long as he ends up changing back. Much like the Doors collabs. For instance, he pops up in Mario, gets a bro flower and turns white and red, then gets hurt before he leaves turning him back. You don't actually need a "reason" for him to change color, but that's just an example.

drbrownca
01-03-2016, 06:04 PM
I'm thinking pokemon. A little cliché I know, but that's the point. It's so cliché, no one could possibly think of doing it! Unless someone already has, in which... well dammit

Turquoise#2
01-03-2016, 07:11 PM
UNDERTALE.

I call dibs.

I've almost finished the animation, too.

Seagull
01-03-2016, 08:47 PM
I'm thinking pokemon. A little cliché I know, but that's the point. It's so cliché, no one could possibly think of doing it! Unless someone already has, in which... well dammit

No one has done it yet, but it doesn't matter anyway. Multiple parts of the same game can be accepted. Even if they're by the same entrant, honestly. And cliché is perfectly fine. More people will see games they know and it'll have the classic video game feel. Of course, it's also good to have a variety of games, but iconic and classic games are essential.

drbrownca
01-03-2016, 09:27 PM
Well of course!

Dammit, just remembered I can't add music. No pokemon theme song...

Minesweeper it is!

Turquoise#2
01-07-2016, 09:13 AM
Any progress on this? How many entries have there been, and how is the trailer coming along?

Seagull
01-07-2016, 06:46 PM
Any progress on this? How many entries have there been, and how is the trailer coming along?

Umm atm there's about 6 entries total (I'll update the front page when i can) and only about 2 i know are good enough to use. As for the trailer, it'll be mostly entries, and since there aren't many entries, it doesn't really have much progress on it. I'm also thinking about putting in the names of those making an entry as well (when i update the page), only because it seems that not doing it is hurting this collab's popularity a little.

Riott
01-14-2016, 12:45 PM
Is anyone doing halo?

Are we allowed to do more than one entry?

Turquoise#2
01-14-2016, 02:50 PM
Are we allowed to do more than one entry?

Firstly, you double posted, probably don't do that.

Secondly, even if somebody else is doing halo, it won't matter if there's two entries for it. So do it if you want.

Lastly, yes, you can make multiple entries, it says it in the rules.

Riott
01-14-2016, 03:55 PM
Sorry about that... I'm new.. ;n;

Turquoise#2
01-14-2016, 04:11 PM
It's cool, just try not to make that mistake again. Good luck on your entry, if you're making one.

Ernest The Reaper
01-16-2016, 11:33 PM
can we rezise the controller

Seagull
01-19-2016, 06:49 PM
can we rezise the controller

Well of course.

Polymental
01-30-2016, 01:57 PM
May we add more layers? Since 3 is sometimes a bit of an issue

Seagull
01-31-2016, 11:50 AM
May we add more layers? Since 3 is sometimes a bit of an issue

The layers I put are mainly just examples of where your layers should be. You can add as many layers as you like. This also goes for the sound layers.

the new one2
02-18-2016, 06:03 PM
Crap this is due in 2 days

Seagull
02-18-2016, 09:40 PM
Crap this is due in 2 days

Actually no, because i just extended the due date by a month so i could get more entries. Good luck.

Bluvarth
02-19-2016, 12:08 PM
Damn you've gotten a lot of entries from Hyun's. Hopefully more Stickpage users submit, but for now, I think I'll go for a second entry (And spend more then a couple days this time). Looking forward to this being finished :D

Seagull
02-19-2016, 06:31 PM
Damn you've gotten a lot of entries from Hyun's. Hopefully more Stickpage users submit, but for now, I think I'll go for a second entry (And spend more then a couple days this time). Looking forward to this being finished :D

Alright dude good luck with that.

Littleman9Mew2
03-14-2016, 10:30 PM
I join this collab! It seems interesting! I actually had an animation that follows this in mind!:D

Seagull
03-15-2016, 06:31 PM
I join this collab! It seems interesting! I actually had an animation that follows this in mind!:D

Well, i recommend you work hard on it. Deadline is in 5 days, and as it's looking, i might already have enough entries, so odds are i'm not extending it. Good luck!

Littleman9Mew2
03-16-2016, 10:23 PM
Well, i recommend you work hard on it. Deadline is in 5 days, and as it's looking, i might already have enough entries, so odds are i'm not extending it. Good luck!
If I don't make it in, I'll be fine with that! :D

Seagull
03-22-2016, 05:12 AM
UPDATE: Alright guys, deadline officially passed, and I am now compiling the entries. More details in the first post.

lglg2
04-09-2016, 11:11 AM
sooo can i still take part to this or am i too late?
if no is there gonna be a 3rd one?

Bluvarth
04-14-2016, 01:21 PM
Man I don't wanna pressure you, take your time but we got an ETA? I'm feelin some 1-year wait vibes ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Seagull
04-14-2016, 06:22 PM
Man I don't wanna pressure you, take your time but we got an ETA? I'm feelin some 1-year wait vibes ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yeah -_- unfortunately it turned out I didn't have enough entries to make the full collab. at most i got about 2 minutes and 30 seconds of stuff i can use. So i'll be re-opening submissions soon. But this is enough to make a teaser which i'm working on now, and will update this thread when i finish it. And yes, I have been kinda busy lately. lots of school stuff, my bad.

Seagull
04-25-2016, 07:23 PM
BUMP UPDATE. Check the first post. I've extended the due date so you may now submit entries again, because I didn't have enough to make the full collab. I'm the meantime I've made a teaser, which you can find on the first post. Good luck!

Seagull
05-30-2016, 01:03 PM
UPDATE:
Unfortunately, this collab has been CANCELLED. I've extended the due date since the last update, but nobody since then has submitted a single entry, and the only entries I had that I deemed usable were the ones that I used in the teaser. http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/7952/ Aside from a couple of good entries, I wasn't going to be able to make this one better than the first 8 bit collab using only those entries. I wouldn't have even had enough to play a full song in the background. I would extend the due date again, but I would only maybe get one or two more entries by the next due date. So unfortunately, it's game over for this collab. I hoped since it was a good idea, It would eventually be successful, but I guess not. depending on what kind of reactions I get, I might start this back up later, but the odds of that are slim. I'd at least like to thank all those who made an entry and supported this!

Turquoise#2
05-30-2016, 04:04 PM
Man, that's disappointing. I would've made a second entry, but I didn't think it was necessary. Good try though, if you manage to get more people on board, or get a trailer ready before you start the collab, it might turn out to be really good.