PDA

View Full Version : Stick RTS trailer

CRAZY JAY
10-01-2007, 04:58 AM
Go Vote 5 http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/403177

I'll Add it to stickpage soon.

Trailer for a game Brock and I are making.

By: Me (CRAZY JAY)

.Aklemo.
10-01-2007, 05:05 AM
Its awsome!!!!!!!!

Jousteh
10-01-2007, 05:41 AM
OMG, I almost pee'd in my pants from the coolness of this trailer.
Can't wait the game.

.Aklemo.
10-01-2007, 05:43 AM
No way.canNOT WAIT!!!!!!

Checkers
10-01-2007, 06:35 AM
My eyes just got laid.

.Aklemo.
10-01-2007, 06:38 AM
Laid??????????????????????

Jousteh
10-01-2007, 06:53 AM
No way.canNOT WAIT!!!!!!
Aklemoo, you could post this ^ in the last post that you posted here instead of posting a new post.

.Aklemo.
10-01-2007, 07:05 AM
Pardon me.I didnt understand.Oh i see what you mean ok.......
And please call me Aklemo not aklemoo.See my sig.

Scarecrow
10-01-2007, 07:29 AM
My only problem is the shadows - I think they would look better at a slight angle, otherwise they look somewhat like a reflection.

I'm guessing this will be somewhat like Champion Archer?

Anyway, looks great. Can't wait.

Deathwish
10-01-2007, 10:03 AM
I'm supposing this is where your cool new sig came from?

Looks cool, i'd rather you made a new operation anim though.

Draco'X
10-01-2007, 11:17 AM
Well doesn't this look epic. Can't wait.

Deathbat.
10-01-2007, 11:52 AM
eye candy. .

CRAZY JAY
10-01-2007, 02:09 PM
Thanks Guy's Im glad you like it! We are working hard at the game, this is just kind of a side project of the game using the sprites already made for the game.

Wtf
10-01-2007, 02:18 PM
It's cool.. But the sprites kinda ruin the background.

Checkers
10-01-2007, 02:23 PM
Yeh. My eyes wanted moar. So I watched it again.

ursidae
10-01-2007, 02:24 PM
I love how the Adminstrator posts his animation on another site before his own.. Aside from that, fantastic work.

Omega
10-01-2007, 03:24 PM
Loved the shadows. Can't wait.

Doomdooer
10-01-2007, 04:01 PM
Holy shit, Crazy Jay posted twice in the same thread.

Looked ok. I liked the variety of the units displayed, but the bad sprite quality of the BG's and shit sorta ruined some of the win it had.

Tabion
10-01-2007, 04:28 PM
That Look's AWESOME Its Gonna Be So KOOL I Know it!!

Schwa
10-01-2007, 06:26 PM
Personally I didn't think the animation was very good. But if thats the animations from the game than its pretty sexy enough. Meh.

NTG
10-01-2007, 06:26 PM
looks pretty gay

dj_biscuit
10-02-2007, 10:47 AM
looks pretty gay

WTF!!!
How dare you slander the work of Crazy Jay

my comment: focking awesome
the sprites are smexy
but the ground looked way to clean
but maybe it is just because it was not the actual game
and I agree to about the shadow to

I can't judge it totally since it is was also a side project
and I don't know how if you finished with it or still working on it
and so on...

but keep working I can't wait to see and play the game

Chunky
10-02-2007, 11:37 AM
That looks good. I hope Jay doesn't abandon this project, I like it.

axcho
10-02-2007, 12:45 PM
Epic. If you can get the actual game to feel that way, that would be something.

Fix the sliding feet in the walk animations if you can.

Don't forget your RTS design basics (http://www.amazon.ca/Game-Guru-Strategy-Dave-Morris/dp/toc/1592002536).

Here's one concrete suggestion: I really liked the archer arrow-spinning animation the first time I saw it. But once I realized it was the only archer animation, it got annoying. It's cool for flair every once in a while. What you should do is make a normal archer animation, without the spinning, which plays most of the time. But then there's a slight chance of playing the fancy animation instead. Maybe it even gives you a bonus. You could do that for all the units even. Please take the idea into consideration, it turns an annoying feature into something nifty.

NTG
10-02-2007, 02:34 PM
WTF!!!
How dare you slander the work of Crazy Jay

my comment: focking awesome
the sprites are smexy
but the ground looked way to clean
but maybe it is just because it was not the actual game
and I agree to about the shadow to

I can't judge it totally since it is was also a side project
and I don't know how if you finished with it or still working on it
and so on...

but keep working I can't wait to see and play the game

wtf!!!!

how dare u defy me!!!!!

Ash
10-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Dude, Requiem for a Dream? I know it's a great and dramatic piece, but it's SOOOO overused.

Spitzer
10-02-2007, 06:46 PM
sorry but this looks pretty bad.

Xelectroid
10-02-2007, 07:27 PM
Bleh.

It looked sort of fun, but the sprites would get annoying, and it would be hard to make it replayable, or actually playable.

Win + Meh = This game

Androu-
10-02-2007, 07:33 PM
Looks alright to me.

It will be most interesting to see how well a flash RTS game plays out.

garrett
10-02-2007, 07:34 PM
To be honest with my self, this animation was really bad. The music was a poor choice, the running and walking was showed way to long. Also the running and walking was badly animated. You didn't really have any idea what was happening or what was going on. It seemed like a war, but like the movie 300, but with bigger people. This is a movie I wouldn't want to watch when its done at all, I don't think it deserves to be on the front page, just because your on the crew. I forgot to mention how bad the backgrounds were also, it was like you make it in paint and put it in flash, bad choice there bud.

Scarecrow
10-02-2007, 08:03 PM
It isn't a movie, idiot. It's a game.

And he isn't just 'on the crew', he made the site.

I PITY THA FOO'.

garrett
10-02-2007, 08:06 PM
OK then, he sucks. The game will fail also, with his poor animation skills, he won't succeed. Maybe all of the noobs here will like it.

Scarecrow
10-02-2007, 08:19 PM
He doesn't suck as much as you.

At least CJay's submissions to newgrounds don't get blammed, unlike yours (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/376487).

blacknaturestick
10-02-2007, 08:19 PM
It was amazing!

I liked the soundtrack.
It looks real fun!:Smile:

General Douchington
10-02-2007, 09:04 PM
Meh, i kinda didn't like it, it was too slow at parts to fit the speed of the song. Though, I love Requiem For A Dream.

garrett
10-02-2007, 10:22 PM
He doesn't suck as much as you.

At least CJay's submissions to newgrounds don't get blammed, unlike yours (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/376487).

Everything you might have seen of mine is old!

.Aklemo.
10-03-2007, 03:18 AM
LOL garrett what brought you back here?

CRAZY JAY
10-03-2007, 04:59 AM
[QUOTE=garrett;1038896]To be honest with my self(I think you mean honest to me), this animation was really bad. The music was a poor choice, (I think your parents naming you garrett was a poor choice) the running and walking was showed way to long. Also the running and walking was badly animated.(please post your animation tutorial oh, master) You didn't really have any idea what was happening or what was going on.(sorry you could not keep track of the complex battle, I'll make it more simple for yah next time.) It seemed like a war, but like the movie 300, (they allow 8 year olds into the movie 300?) but with bigger people. This is a movie I wouldn't want to watch when its done at all(I think you mean a game you wouldn't want to Play when its done), I don't think it deserves to be on the front page, just because your on the crew.(Im part of the crew? what crew? sweet.) I forgot to mention how bad the backgrounds were also, it was like you make it in paint and put it in flash, bad choice there bud.(Made it in flash and put it into adobe then back to flash, once again to complex for you, bud)[/QUOTE

dj_biscuit
10-03-2007, 07:05 AM
To be honest with my self(I think you mean honest to me),

this animation was really bad. The music was a poor choice, (I think your parents naming you garrett was a poor choice)

the running and walking was showed way to long. Also the running and walking was badly animated.(please post your animation tutorial oh, master)

You didn't really have any idea what was happening or what was going on.(sorry you could not keep track of the complex battle, I'll make it more simple for yah next time.)

It seemed like a war, but like the movie 300, (they allow 8 year olds into the movie 300?)

but with bigger people. This is a movie I wouldn't want to watch when its done at all(I think you mean a game you wouldn't want to Play when its done),

I don't think it deserves to be on the front page, just because your on the crew.(Im part of the crew? what crew? sweet.)

I forgot to mention how bad the backgrounds were also, it was like you make it in paint and put it in flash, bad choice there bud.(Made it in flash and put it into adobe then back to flash, once again to complex for you, bud)

wow Crazy Jay just posted trice in a topic
(uhm dun know if trice is a real word)

I did get it but don't go into critic that much cause he already said it is a side project and not a movie it's a trailer

and I think you should use like at least 3 attack animations and they randomly get used by the unit
but i don't know if you already have that

fitzy
10-03-2007, 01:50 PM
To be honest with my self(I think you mean honest to me), this animation was really bad. The music was a poor choice, (I think your parents naming you garrett was a poor choice) the running and walking was showed way to long. Also the running and walking was badly animated.(please post your animation tutorial oh, master) You didn't really have any idea what was happening or what was going on.(sorry you could not keep track of the complex battle, I'll make it more simple for yah next time.) It seemed like a war, but like the movie 300, (they allow 8 year olds into the movie 300?) but with bigger people. This is a movie I wouldn't want to watch when its done at all(I think you mean a game you wouldn't want to Play when its done), I don't think it deserves to be on the front page, just because your on the crew.(Im part of the crew? what crew? sweet.) I forgot to mention how bad the backgrounds were also, it was like you make it in paint and put it in flash, bad choice there bud.(Made it in flash and put it into adobe then back to flash, once again to complex for you, bud)

although he might be annoying, i think you were quite harsh...especially with this bit
(I think your parents naming you garrett was a poor choice) there just wasnt any need.

but anyway, about the movie/game...i left a review on newgrounds. but incase you havnt read it this is what it says:

hey this is fitzy off SP. it looks like the game will be good. just a suggestion though. i think it needs to be so that all units have strengths and weaknesses, obviously the lower units will have more weaknesses than strengths and the best ones will be strong...but every unit needs to have some sort of weakness, i hate games were you get to a point where you can just buy loads of one unit and wipe out the enemy, its much better when actual tactics and strategy are involved.

also, i know youve probably thought about this but im just saying that in prices for units...just make sure that if (for example), infantry is 1000 and a tank is 20000, 1 tank needs to be able to beat 20 infantry (although im sure you already had that sorted...but i have seen games where the pricing is terrible)...

but yeah it looks awesome, im not going to give the trailer 10/10 but it sure does make me look forward to the game, i love RTS games :) i hope it turns out well.

the animations arnt the best (such as the running and stuff) but it looks like the game is gonna be sweet.

Teriel35
10-06-2007, 07:04 PM
hey im an old stickpage fan but a new forumer so dont get mad at me if this is something that i shudnt ask. have any idea when the game is gunna be out?

AlkonX11
10-19-2007, 08:58 PM
Man That Is The Most Awesome Thing I Have Seen!!!! Really Good Man!

Strills
10-20-2007, 03:51 AM
I really liked it. It gave an epic feeling to me. The music fits perfectly for my liking.

Good work, can't wait for the game.

stickb8y
10-20-2007, 01:27 PM
that was a cool trailer

darkcampainger
10-22-2007, 03:07 PM
Looks like an awesome idea! I look forward to seeing how it turns out.

Are you planning on having the game be from a side view like the movie? Or top-down? Or a combination?

Good luck!

chaostick
10-22-2007, 05:58 PM
i watch this trailer 50 times a day i can't wait till it comes out!!!!

black ninja
11-03-2007, 06:10 AM
OMG! Such a gd trailer cant w8 for the game 2 come out!

chaostick
02-08-2008, 08:10 PM
When is it comming out. Its a fun game. And can you vs. other ppl online?

Sacred
02-25-2008, 06:27 PM
Good job CJ, looks like your really outdoing yourself here, this looks very smooth and the movements are very realistic, looks like this will be worth the wait once it comes out. I also like how you used. Halo music, adds to the mood...

Just one thing, I don't know if it's just me but it seems as if the people are moving a bit slow, but this is a game and you move them with controls, and they are symbols, so if you don't agree with me then go ahead and ignore that, but good luck on this dude, I'll play it the day it comes out...

deathmachine194
02-29-2008, 05:09 PM
is there a possible date that the game will release?

CRAZY JAY
03-04-2008, 01:28 AM
We are still working hard at this game, and Have done a ton more animations and coding since this trailer, There are now going to be all kinds of diff weapons to choose from, two game modes, with a story mode, and Some really cool deaths.

Here is a screen shot of some of the animations.

menu screen and a early in game shot,

Legend
03-04-2008, 01:32 AM
This looks sweet.

Funny, because my name is Brock :P

Sacred
03-04-2008, 08:59 AM
I dont no but this game seems like it will give you the same feeling as when you play Champion Archer(i mean mood wise)
The screenshots look TERRIFIC,(who says that?) and I guess its kinda a strategy RPG game, either way I know this game will be an epic success(thats new)
good luck CJ!

Mute
03-04-2008, 10:49 AM
This game looks. Good.

chaostick
04-19-2008, 11:33 AM
When is this game is going to realse. I really can't wait for it this is going to be awesome. And can you play online multiplayer with this game?

tribble
05-05-2008, 08:46 PM
Dude, this is an incredible trailer. I hereby crown this the king of stickgames, and beg you for a release date. by the by, anyone noticed that flash games are getting BETTER than old Super Nintendo Entertainment System games?