PDA

View Full Version : First Animation

Blueprint4Z
09-26-2015, 03:52 AM
Hello, I'm new here, as you can probably tell. Right now I'm working on my first animation, but had to stop since I needed to get money for Adobe Flash to continue, so I'm back and made this to refresh from where I left off which was about 2 months ago. This took me about 2 weeks since I had school in between.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IFjdMHKjOw

Hope you enjoy!

guramecon
09-26-2015, 05:15 AM
Hello, I'm new here, as you can probably tell. Right now I'm working on my first animation, but had to stop since I needed to get money for Adobe Flash to continue, so I'm back and made this to refresh from where I left off which was about 2 months ago. This took me about 2 weeks since I had school in between.

Hope you enjoy!

Woah, are you serious?

Anyway it's nice to see that you've try to use v-cam and cinematic scenes, keep practicing!

You can upload your work to http://sta.sh/ instead of youtube
Export your work by Ctrl + Alt + Enter, or File > Export > Export Movie > .SWF
and then upload your .SWF file to the site and copy the animation link.

Simple and Fast.

Blueprint4Z
09-26-2015, 06:23 AM
Woah, are you serious?

Yeah, had to wait for Bday to get some money.

Anyway it's nice to see that you've try to use v-cam and cinematic scenes, keep practicing!
Will do.

Thanks for the site btw! I will use it in the future.

TheOrigin
09-26-2015, 11:03 AM
This isnt half bad! love those dbz sound effects and gura is correct! sta.sh will work a lot faster.

Blueprint4Z
09-26-2015, 08:00 PM
Thank you, could you give me some creative criticism? Is there anything I need to work on? Someone told me I need it to flow better, like when he flies into space.

ScatterFace
09-26-2015, 08:13 PM
Thank you, could you give me some creative criticism? Is there anything I need to work on? Someone told me I need it to flow better, like when he flies into space.

There isn't a lot to criticize because it's pretty short.

But the movements are choppy. (Basically everything was don't double frame as much) I saw the last back step and you need to smooth out your movements in basically everything.

The smoke doesn't look great tbh. (Tip: Try changing your smoothness settings because the original smoothness settings are way to smoothed out for a lot of people)

The effect while going down could've been a lot better then just a few lines. Like if you're making lines (which is the lazy option) at least change the line positioning's so it has more effect to it. You could've made the stickfigure falling with him moving his legs and hands trying to stay up right while falling from the angle.

Oh and work on stick construction. Your current "Animator vs Animation" style is alright but it's really used if you're already pretty good with your regular stickfigure. The problem with the animator vs animation style is that it is the most ea (Which is basically thicker lines, more "proper" (I say proper with quotes because I'm saying it as more design and looks which is up to the animator) limbs and stickfigures, and a head that fits it. The problem with the animator vs animation style is that it is the most easiest stickfigure to resize with. That's why really only pro's or people who've had a lot of experience with it use it.

SO ya. Maybe work on something that has more timing because we can't really find any stickfigure movement here because of it's lenght and how you really just keep some parts the same.

Blueprint4Z
09-26-2015, 10:59 PM
There isn't a lot to criticize because it's pretty short.

But the movements are choppy. (Basically everything was don't double frame as much) I saw the last back step and you need to smooth out your movements in basically everything.

The smoke doesn't look great tbh. (Tip: Try changing your smoothness settings because the original smoothness settings are way to smoothed out for a lot of people)

The effect while going down could've been a lot better then just a few lines. Like if you're making lines (which is the lazy option) at least change the line positioning's so it has more effect to it. You could've made the stickfigure falling with him moving his legs and hands trying to stay up right while falling from the angle.

Oh and work on stick construction. Your current "Animator vs Animation" style is alright but it's really used if you're already pretty good with your regular stickfigure. The problem with the animator vs animation style is that it is the most ea (Which is basically thicker lines, more "proper" (I say proper with quotes because I'm saying it as more design and looks which is up to the animator) limbs and stickfigures, and a head that fits it. The problem with the animator vs animation style is that it is the most easiest stickfigure to resize with. That's why really only pro's or people who've had a lot of experience with it use it.

SO ya. Maybe work on something that has more timing because we can't really find any stickfigure movement here because of it's lenght and how you really just keep some parts the same.

Ok, I will keep this in mind, thanks.

Dragzor
10-11-2015, 07:24 PM
That scene where he threw the fireballs could use a bit more work. But other than that, nice job :)