PDA

View Full Version : Crystals To Diamonds

zymn
08-04-2008, 10:17 AM
This is the first part of the first chapter of a book i am writing. it should give you a basic idea of what its about, without giving away the plot twist.

How It All Began

I can still remember the day that they found out about it.
They splattered it all over the television, internet, and radio.
People were scrambling to stores to buy it. They ran over each other to get it before others did.
Let me explain what I'm talking about.
Put simply: Salt.

Thats right. Salt. People were fighting over salt.
Why? you may ask.
Because that week, scientists had discovered something that they said would solve the worlds money problems.
They said "Our top scientists have been working on this project for years. We do believe it's a large advancement in the world of science."
But, who was listening to that? Everyone was just going crazy with money signs in their eyes.

The scientists said that they had bio-engineered salt to where it would change over a short period of time and become real diamonds. Of course, people were sceptical about this. Real diamonds? Thats's crazy you might say. Well, everyone was crazy as was, so it didn't seem weird at all. People ran out to the stores, buying pounds upon pounds of salt. The scientists patented a machine that would change the salt into diamonds. It cost quite some money, but people didn't care. They just wanted diamonds. They wanted diamonds for their wives, for their anniversary, for a engagement ring. The women of course were very happy when they received them. Who wouldn't be? Diamonds are a girls best friend, right?

Cizzil
08-05-2008, 01:54 PM
sorta dry, but i like the idea

zymn
08-05-2008, 05:34 PM
yeh.
i'm trying to make it look like early sci-fi books. with a moral to the story.