PDA

View Full Version : First animation I ever made :o

Isaac
10-13-2015, 02:27 PM
That moment.
CNC is appreciated http://sta.sh/0xxv2odc7ie

TheOrigin
10-13-2015, 03:38 PM
you need to fix the VCAM. the whole scene is really stretched out looks good for your first one tho.

guramecon
10-13-2015, 03:53 PM
you need to sync your v-cam size with your canvas size

TheOrigin
10-13-2015, 05:46 PM
yeah make the vcam the size of the canvas, and hold Shift to make it smaller but it will not make the scene stretchy.

Isaac
10-13-2015, 05:56 PM
Right now. I'm focusing on fixing the choppyness and that kind of stuff. I'll leave The V-cam for later times.

hueycoy
10-13-2015, 06:00 PM
This is your first animation? wow youre a natural :D other than that, like these guys are saying, you should fix the vcam.

Isaac
10-14-2015, 12:44 AM
Yeah I will. and thanks.

NiNmArS
10-14-2015, 04:52 AM
Nice animating on flash for the first time,

CnC (lol it's gud)
Vcam - it needs to be fixed by changing your canvas to the vcam size or vice versa
The last frame - The only thing I've seen choppy, I think it's because of the limbs like the legs and thighs just shrinked
Head - it was wobbly, I prefer you make the head a symbol or an object and just move it frame by frame by using F6

Smooth - I like how you animate it, so smooth :D (Don't know how to CnC positive stuff lol)

Zero
10-14-2015, 05:45 AM
This is actually nice.

1.) Stiff figures. Especially the beginning of the animation. Try to make all limbs and joints move, regardless how small. It will work wonders.

2.) Wobbliness. Although, it's hard to spot it, near the middle and at the end, your figure's feet and arms and "changing forms". That's basically what "Wobbly" means.

3.) Proper actions. I have no idea what he's trying to do 90% of the animation. I believe this is due to the fault of the not proportional V-CAM but you have to make your actions clear. If it's fast, make sure you emphasize the action with sounds or other visual elements (A man running fast will not be seen but the trail of smoke he leaves will imply he's moving fast).

Personal note:
I will excuse that copy+paste move at the end because it actually looks good. Just because it doesn't follow the standard "Draw everything so it will look good" method, doesn't mean it's bad. Feel free to experiment but only after you've finished studying, practicing, and mastering the 12 basic principles of animation. An artist is free to bend the rules and principles but only if they understand the rule/principle. Have fun and good luck in your journey to animation!

Isaac
10-14-2015, 06:53 AM
I'm currently working On my second animation. It's pretty much the same except that It has diffrent types of moves and stuff. And yeah I need to fix the speed of my stickfigure but I'd be to afraid that the animation will look Choppier.

Zero
10-14-2015, 07:02 AM
I'm currently working On my second animation. It's pretty much the same except that It has diffrent types of moves and stuff. And yeah I need to fix the speed of my stickfigure but I'd be to afraid that the animation will look Choppier.
You haven't tried it yet so go ahead and do it. If it looks bad, it's either you're doing it wrong or the method is just bad.

Don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and do something new. You'll never learn and improve if you keep sticking in your comfort zone.

Isaac
10-14-2015, 07:36 AM
I like to take things easily. But yeah you're right.