View Full Version : My Possible Demo

SyncAnims
10-28-2015, 03:27 AM
Here is my possible demo for my possible RHG:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MwAlrkxE6w
Please judge.

mizu
10-28-2015, 03:35 AM
Do the basics. Use more frames and and keep the text on the screen more.

Kahnzu-kun
11-27-2015, 02:49 PM
The contacts need work. There wasn't really a frame where the scythe was actually hitting his opponent. Also, your character didn't move much besides his one arm.

I'm really bad with that second part, too. What I like to do is actually do the motion I want with my own body irl, focus on how each part of my body moves (e.g. for a punch, how you throw your torso into it), and then try to emulate that in Pivot.

Also, for things like how he lost his leg with the beam, try to make it more evident of what happened. It took me a few views to realise that the beam took off his leg. Add blood effects, the limb falling, or some other way of showing what happened.

Every other problem (text on screen, pauses to see what happened, etc.) can just be solved through practice, trial, and error.

RichardLongflop
11-27-2015, 03:03 PM
what is with that scythe?

The scythe is probably popularised as a weapon since it's wielded by the Grim Reaper, even though the scythe is a farming tool and used for reaping crops. Souls are the Reaper's crop, he has no need for a weapon since the person is already dead. It's not a weapon, it's a tool. If people did use it as a weapon, it'd be ineffective as hell. At best it'd get wedged in someone's gut and it'd be hard as hell to get out because it's hooked, and it's on a stick.

S.A.
11-28-2015, 10:35 AM
I dunno why but this reminded me of my days using Pivot.
Keep going mate.

Ashero
12-02-2015, 04:58 PM

The scythe is probably popularised as a weapon since it's wielded by the Grim Reaper, even though the scythe is a farming tool and used for reaping crops. Souls are the Reaper's crop, he has no need for a weapon since the person is already dead. It's not a weapon, it's a tool. If people did use it as a weapon, it'd be ineffective as hell. At best it'd get wedged in someone's gut and it'd be hard as hell to get out because it's hooked, and it's on a stick.

no ur rong sythe is cool nd edgy

but seriously, you copped all of the scythe movements out of the entire animation
next time actually animate it.

TheOrigin
12-05-2015, 01:08 PM

Zombie Go Boom disapproved that, it would best be used for decapitating people
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd8bGTKxYQQ
but it do depend on what kind of scythe it is, but using a scythe would be more effective as a weapon than using your hands.
i would probable use it for stabbing, and the one in the demo would preferably be used for stabbing as well.

RichardLongflop
12-05-2015, 02:14 PM
Zombie Go Boom disapproved that, it would best be used for decapitating people
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd8bGTKxYQQ
but it do depend on what kind of scythe it is, but using a scythe would be more effective as a weapon than using your hands.
i would probable use it for stabbing, and the one in the demo would preferably be used for stabbing as well.

The scythe does not go through stuff straight because of the blade angle. It's meant for a gradual cut towards you, but for a short distance. Sure, it can cut someone and do damage, but it's very awkward. It won't cut straight through anything and it'll just hook onto them. Stabbing would work but then it'd just be stuck in the body. You want a stabby weapon you can push or pull, but the scythe relies on side-to-side movement for stabs and that's awkawrd and impractical.