View Full Version : another animation

the new one2
01-06-2016, 07:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPMIR-fKa84
Just trying something
CNC is appreciated

FanaticPixelf
01-06-2016, 08:25 PM
Interesting animation. What program was it?

the new one2
01-07-2016, 12:07 AM
Interesting animation. What program was it?
Pivot animator

Xuhueg
01-15-2016, 10:31 AM
Nice...maybe....you shlud work more in the poses and flow,but...the rest is really good

Zed
01-15-2016, 04:48 PM
It would be best if you uploaded your animations as .gifs for now, if possible. It would let them repeat without having to click each time, and that's important for good cc. I'd usually let things cycle at least a dozen times before commenting, but I can't be bothered to click a dozen times so the comments aren't going to be as good.

First thing you need to do is take more time on everything. That goes both for how long you spend on each frame and how many frames you spend on each movement. You've got, what, eight frames on that first jump? Make it twenty. You need to build up to each movement and follow through afterwards. It should be clear that the stick is about to jump before he does it. If you let the viewer know what's about to happen they'll have an easier time following it, and it'll be easier to make them see movement rather than a series of still images. Most importantly, you need to make the movements start off slowly. The first frame of any movement should involve a change of just a single pixel from the previous frame. Again, it's about guiding the viewer's eye through everything. Look for tutorials on "easing" if you want more on this.

Watch the foot placement. Anything in contact with the ground needs to stay perfectly still from one frame to the next. You can do that by flicking back and forth between frames while concentrating on the feet, or you can create a .stk with thickness 0 so that it puts a dot on the screen while you animate but is invisible when you play it. If you're not careful with the foot placement you'll end up with shaky feet and that's really distracting.

You can also end up with shakiness in the rest of the stick. That happens whenever any joint moves, for example, left in one frame, right in the next, and left in the one after that. There are no tricks with .stks to help you here - focus on a joint and flick through the frames manually, fix anything you see, pick another joint, and repeat.

Next, stiffness. Make sure you move every joint in every frame. I know it's not how people move in real life, but in an animation anything else looks wrong.

Your flow and choreography were actually more or less fine. If you can fix the easing issues it'll become a nice little animation. Sometimes when I look at a beginner's work I think they need to just forget about it and do something else for a while, but with this I think you could spend more time on it and turn it into something good. You'll need to insert quite a few frames and spend a couple of hours ironing things out, but I think you'd learn a lot in the process and come away a much better animator.