01-15-2016, 02:48 PM
GNARLLYYY!!!!! that was offf the chain my friend *excited clapping*

JJSwift
01-18-2016, 10:44 AM
GNARLLYYY!!!!! that was offf the chain my friend *excited clapping*

XD Thanks man :D

drbrownca
01-18-2016, 06:02 PM
Pretty good, but you still have a lot of inhumanly fast actions that probably need double framing. Anything that seems too fast, usually is. Especially the kick right at the end, and I noticed a lot of the attacks happening in a single frame. There are three sections to an attack; build, action, resolution. I'm sure there are better names, but you get the idea.
Every action needs a build up, you can't pull it out of thin air. Even just a couple frames of build up before hand and it will look so much better.
For the action part, you got that down. Some of the movements could have a bit more power to them, but they're good overall.
The resolution part could have a lot more easing, and not just for the protagonist, but for the enemies as well. All of your movements after an attack look very rushed. They are only a couple frames long and aren't realistic at all. I know you're trying to have a fast paced animation, which is fine, but make you sure you can still attain the realistic physics aspect. The final kick and the last enemy falling are good examples. When the enemy bends over, that's done in three frames (i think) and quite frankly it looks like he teleported there. The kick was near instant and his foot landed back on the ground in two frames. The kick maybe shouldn't be slowed that much, but the foot fall needs to be a lot longer than that.

kainywainy
01-19-2016, 10:37 AM
After a second look, I realize the value of DrBrownCA's input. Yes, the style is fast paced, but some smoothing would provide a more realistic, and overall better quality animation. I would definitely keep working on this animation, and post your results. Keep it up JJSwift.

JJSwift
01-21-2016, 06:56 PM
Pretty good, but you still have a lot of inhumanly fast actions that probably need double framing. Anything that seems too fast, usually is. Especially the kick right at the end, and I noticed a lot of the attacks happening in a single frame. There are three sections to an attack; build, action, resolution. I'm sure there are better names, but you get the idea.
Every action needs a build up, you can't pull it out of thin air. Even just a couple frames of build up before hand and it will look so much better.
For the action part, you got that down. Some of the movements could have a bit more power to them, but they're good overall.
The resolution part could have a lot more easing, and not just for the protagonist, but for the enemies as well. All of your movements after an attack look very rushed. They are only a couple frames long and aren't realistic at all. I know you're trying to have a fast paced animation, which is fine, but make you sure you can still attain the realistic physics aspect. The final kick and the last enemy falling are good examples. When the enemy bends over, that's done in three frames (i think) and quite frankly it looks like he teleported there. The kick was near instant and his foot landed back on the ground in two frames. The kick maybe shouldn't be slowed that much, but the foot fall needs to be a lot longer than that.

I usually have a problem with the resolution part. -3-" I especially don't really know how to properly make the enemy react wen the get hit. And yeah, i'll try more with the adding of a couple more frames to increase the build up. Just trying to test this style for the first time. cx Thanks for the crit man. :D