PDA

View Full Version : Post-it Sketches.

Slayer
08-05-2008, 06:53 PM
Some sketches on a post-it note. I have nothing better to draw on.
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/SlayerV2/scan0001.jpg

I need serious C&C.

Sunder Forge
08-05-2008, 06:56 PM
Why is the Apple and Orange blurry?
The gun barely looks like a gun, it needs more components.
Leik teh Strawberry.
Fire is decent, needs more flame.

Slayer
08-05-2008, 07:00 PM
Why is the Apple and Orange blurry?
The gun barely looks like a gun, it needs more components.
Leik teh Strawberry.
Fire is decent, needs more flame.

I think it's just my drawing style, lol. I'm really sloppy. I agree with you on the gun, I tried to draw it without a reference.

Thanks.

MadHatter
08-05-2008, 08:16 PM
More details. Cant CC to much on stuff this sketchy.

Slayer
08-05-2008, 08:42 PM
Yeah, I don't want to try anything bigger because I think I'll fuck it up, but I'll try to get some better stuff in later.

dvdhaxor
08-06-2008, 05:00 AM
Damn! Crayons! Let's eat'em

xelander
08-06-2008, 05:03 AM
its nice, but im not much for scetches...

Slayer
08-06-2008, 10:21 AM
Damn! Crayons! Let's eat'em

This was actually with a pencil. I draw softly.

dvdhaxor
08-07-2008, 04:08 AM
Crap, can't eat pencils, the tips tare apart my mouth!

Bpanther13
08-07-2008, 10:34 AM
these are... well, you need to start off shading simpler stuff like just plain balls and cubes; very simple stuff. the gun barely looks like one... don't draw those untill you can shade a rectangular prism correctly. ALSO, when you practice shading, draw a lightbulb somewhere on the page so you can refer to it when you need to know which direction the light is coming from. hope that wasn't a waste of my time.

Mantha
08-07-2008, 11:11 AM
The thing that you draw softly is your advantage. Now you have to learn how to make a bit stronger lines for the shade, to add contrast.

The apple is messed up. And the fire too. Gun could be better.

Also, trying to draw without a reference won't make you any better, unless you're inventing new characters or something. You have to know and learn about how things look if you want to make an image of them on the paper.

I like the orange and the strawberry. Keep working, you're on a good way.

Slayer
08-07-2008, 12:32 PM
these are... well, you need to start off shading simpler stuff like just plain balls and cubes; very simple stuff. the gun barely looks like one... don't draw those untill you can shade a rectangular prism correctly. ALSO, when you practice shading, draw a lightbulb somewhere on the page so you can refer to it when you need to know which direction the light is coming from. hope that wasn't a waste of my time.

Yeah, I suck at guns. I've known that exercise for a while now. It was indeed a waste of your time.

The thing that you draw softly is your advantage. Now you have to learn how to make a bit stronger lines for the shade, to add contrast.

The apple is messed up. And the fire too. Gun could be better.

Also, trying to draw without a reference won't make you any better, unless you're inventing new characters or something. You have to know and learn about how things look if you want to make an image of them on the paper.

I like the orange and the strawberry. Keep working, you're on a good way.

I'll try to work on making a better contrast for shading. Thanks.