PDA

View Full Version : An unifshed animation responding to advice.

Xyskal
02-01-2016, 09:03 PM
I have provided a basic explanation in the animation:

http://sta.sh/0102sj8lwfg6

Is this what you all meant when you said put less frames into everything?

Person McPerson
02-01-2016, 09:48 PM
Well it looks much better, that's for sure.

Ipman
02-02-2016, 06:03 AM
Is this what you all meant when you said put less frames into everything?

Well not necessarily like this, we meant that only if you're having foot placement problems. But this is all right, though the foot still slides. Do you use mouse?

Xyskal
02-02-2016, 07:20 AM
Well not necessarily like this, we meant that only if you're having foot placement problems. But this is all right, though the foot still slides. Do you use mouse?

I use a tablet.
His foot slides because his stance is shifting.
I don't have the foot placement problems as much now.

GMR
02-02-2016, 11:21 AM
It looks a lot better, but he's feet n' legs still move a lot unnecessarily.

You're using Onion Skinning on Flash, right? Make sure you draw the stick the same if those parts don't need to move.

Ipman
02-03-2016, 05:33 AM
It looks a lot better, but he's feet n' legs still move a lot unnecessarily.

You're using Onion Skinning on Flash, right? Make sure you draw the stick the same if those parts don't need to move.

This is what i meant on that sliding foot.
If it was sliding, it should have some ease onto it. And you have some serious resizing, keep onion skin on for every animation dude. And that head keeps resizing as well, why don't you use a circle as the head? lol
Though, good bit improvement -b

Xyskal
02-03-2016, 09:29 AM
And that head keeps resizing as well, why don't you use a circle as the head? lol
Though, good bit improvement -b

Because If I use the circle tool it looks weird with the outlines. I just figured if I keep on doing it eventually it will look good.

GMR
02-03-2016, 09:57 AM

...draw a circle with the circle tool. Click on the outline. Delete it.

Highlight the circle. Press F8 or convert to a symbol by way of the menu. It'll be in your library to use whenever you want. Same size.

Xyskal
02-03-2016, 10:05 AM

...draw a circle with the circle tool. Click on the outline. Delete it.

Highlight the circle. Press F8 or convert to a symbol by way of the menu. It'll be in your library to use whenever you want. Same size.

But then the entire stickfigure has an outline but it's head.
Then still looks weird though.

GMR
02-03-2016, 04:27 PM
What?

That makes no sense. :|

Do you like how Terkoiz's sticks look? He uses the circle tool... I'm not sure what else to tell you.

TheOrigin
02-03-2016, 04:59 PM
draw the body first, then make a circle with the outline the same color as the body. double click on the circle to select it and the outline and Ctrl+C or do what GMR said and turn it into a symbol. the head looks really odd when it re-sizes, i find it looks better and is easier to do if you just use the circle tool.

Unbounded
02-04-2016, 08:00 PM
You could probably just draw the figure normally and then outline the entire thing afterwards.

1: Draw your figure as you normally would, you can use the circle tool for the head, just turn off outlines for everything.

2: Ctrl + B on your figure to break apart any symbols.

3: Use the Ink bottle tool (Hotkey = S) and then just click your figure to outline them in the color you desire. That way you actually don't have to redraw the head but can still get your outline situation taken care of.

GMR
02-04-2016, 11:03 PM
Ohhhh, he actually WANTED an outline? My bad, I didn't get that.

*edit 2999 posts! :o*

Xyskal
02-05-2016, 02:45 PM
You could probably just draw the figure normally and then outline the entire thing afterwards.

1: Draw your figure as you normally would, you can use the circle tool for the head, just turn off outlines for everything.

2: Ctrl + B on your figure to break apart any symbols.

3: Use the Ink bottle tool (Hotkey = S) and then just click your figure to outline them in the color you desire. That way you actually don't have to redraw the head but can still get your outline situation taken care of.

Oh thanks. It looks so much better now. I'm just gonna start an entire new animation just because of that. Thank you.

Unbounded
02-05-2016, 04:44 PM
Oh thanks. It looks so much better now. I'm just gonna start an entire new animation just because of that. Thank you.

Glad I could help!

Good luck and keep at it!