PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

IAmTheOcelot
02-28-2016, 11:32 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi-ZRMV-xRU

Just looking for criticism I guess.
Obviously stuff like "it's shit" won't help that much.
It was kinda inspired by one punch man and gurren lagann, pretty clearly.
Also, ignore the obvious cut in 0:06

What I already know is that my effects(fire, blood etc) are shit, and that the kick scene was bad.
This is a pivot animation edited with flash, btw.

TheLordAndSavant
02-28-2016, 12:47 PM
I think you should have put this in the Show-Off forum, but on to the CnC.

There isn't much to CnC on, but I can work with it. The actual movement is a little off at times, the arms seemed to bend weirdly sometimes. The sprite usage and subtle background changes added to the apparent action. It wasn't diarrhea at the very least.

IAmTheOcelot
02-28-2016, 02:48 PM
I think you should have put this in the Show-Off forum, but on to the CnC.

There isn't much to CnC on, but I can work with it. The actual movement is a little off at times, the arms seemed to bend weirdly sometimes. The sprite usage and subtle background changes added to the apparent action. It wasn't diarrhea at the very least.

Thanks! i'll consider these in my next part of this video.
(and yeah, I like poop jokes)

mizu
02-29-2016, 05:09 AM
effects don't make an animation better, you're movements are really bad, fix em and then move onto the fancy shit.

Devour
02-29-2016, 05:18 AM
Oops I never actually looked at this thread 'til now. Yeah this belongs in the Pivot Section. Sorry :p

Riott
03-01-2016, 03:16 PM
Yeah, umm... A few things. The sound effects bugged me because the animation was either not in sync or just not fitting. The main thing about the animation was that you didn't seem to do much about the bad effects. I see what you meant to do at that last scene, some sort of freeze frame, I suppose, but the way you just put it together just didn't seem right.

IAmTheOcelot
03-02-2016, 12:09 AM
Yeah, umm... A few things. The sound effects bugged me because the animation was either not in sync or just not fitting. The main thing about the animation was that you didn't seem to do much about the bad effects. I see what you meant to do at that last scene, some sort of freeze frame, I suppose, but the way you just put it together just didn't seem right.
Actually the last frame got cut, it looks stupid but I wasn't bothered to finish it since I'm gonna continue working on it. A freeze frame is a cool idea tho, I'll do it next time.