PDA

View Full Version : devi VS Cruel

devi
04-13-2016, 06:27 PM
LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!

IN ONE CORNER WE HAVE CRUEL'S MYSTERIOUS... ZOE! IN THE OTHER CORNER WE HAVE DEVI'S PROBABLY INSANE... LIGHT!

Cruel
Darkness Awakened

The cold air swirled over the surface of the grey rocks. It was cold, just the way she liked it. The wind howled over the jagged formations that towered over her. The mountains were calm and still as they always were. Strong. Consistent. Powerful.

Zoe knew nothing of this. Consistency? Strength? No, only pain. So much pain. Only pain and regret. Thoughts swirled in her head as she took in a deep breath of the fresh mountain air. She held her breath momentarily, savoring the wind that blew through her straight, black hair. She exhaled, and her breath was visible in a small white cloud that dispersed almost instantly. Her red scarf flapped behind her as she tried to bring her mind to anything else but what she had done.

She had lost control again. She had destroyed a small town. Men. Women. Children. Nothing was spared. She had cleaned herself up of all the blood, and was trying to recover from the realization that she may never have complete control of her abilities. Tears welled up at the thought, but she suppressed them. She had cried enough today, more would simply be redundant.

The brutality that she had unleashed wouldn’t leave her mind. The bodies. Fire. Limbs. She was used to it now, but her conscience could never forgive her for failing to contain the monster she became. For failing to control the man slaughters she had committed. The innocent blood that covered her hands, and entire body at times to be quite literal. She had basic control of the first stages of her angelic and demonic form, but any further than that and she lost complete memory of the events that followed. The evidence afterwards however painted a picture in her mind she wish she could forget.

That was the worst part. She remembered nothing more than stray fragmented memories that simply tormented her. Screaming. Yelling. Crying. The rest was a blurry mess of blood and gore she didn’t care to remember in the first place. It was too painful knowing she could do nothing about it. One day she would control the monster she was. Today was not that day, and she dealt with the emotional consequences as they came.

“Only a sinner would commit the crimes you have committed.” A powerful voice filled the air behind her. Zoe was too tired to give the voice a second thought. She tried to ignore it. Maybe whoever it was would leave her in peace. She just wanted to rest.

“Sinners need to be extinguished. I will purge the sin from this world.” The voice said. Clearly it wouldn’t be leaving any time soon.

Zoe sighed. She turned around from the cliff face she stood near to face the voice. A large, shining suit of armor stood before her, holding a massive sword on his shoulder like it was nothing. It shined, regardless of the lack of light from the cloudy sky. Glistening like a warrior of peace. He was covered from head to toe in armor, and nothing about him proved he was human. An angel perhaps to end her? The Angelic Council had wanted her dead for a long time. It considered her an abomination to both demons and angels. She didn’t belong anywhere it seemed.

“Were you sent to kill me?” Zoe asked, remaining completely emotionless. She didn’t want to fight. Not now. Her body was weak from earlier and she needed to recover.

“None sent me.” The giant warrior replied. “I am called Light. I extinguish the darkness of this world. I find you to be guilty of slaughtering a village of people.”

“Everybody has darkness. As well as light.” Zoe replied, clenching her fists. “Its simply a matter of which you allow to win. In my case, I have no say in the victor.” Zoe moved her hair out of her face as the wind changed direction. “My body simply chooses, and my mind become victim to it’s madness.” Zoe sensed something different about Light. He claimed he was there to extinguish the darkness, but something felt wrong about him. Dark almost. As if Light was nothing more than a false cover for something much more evil. A deceiver perhaps.

“And you have chosen darkness.” Light said. Swinging his sword to his side, a powerful aura was felt as pebbles around him bounced from the power he emanated. “Prepare to be purged, sinner.”

Zoe sighed. A fight was unavoidable. She would never run from a challenger. Judging from his armor, her skill in hand to hand combat would be next to useless while she was still in her human form. She wanted to avoid transforming into her demonic form if at all possible. Her transformation could potentially kill her, especially since she had so recently transformed and killed…

She shook her head and brought her mind back to the opponent in front of her. This would be a battle to the death judging from his stance. Fine by her.

“If I am darkness, “ Zoe said, holding her right eye. Light radiated from it and it spilled out of her fingers. She lowered her hand, and her eye had turned completely white and was glowing. A trickle of blood ran down her face and dripped off her chin from using her angelic power. “Then explain this.”

“It does nothing to change your fate. You will be purged, girl.” He pointed his sword at Zoe. “This won’t even be a battle. Accept your darkness, for now you shall receive your judgement.”

“I’ve met God, I’ve tussled with Lucifer, and had coffee with Gabriel.” Zoe said. “You are nothing more than an arrogant nuisance that acts of his own accord.”

Light snarled at the statement. How dare she insult his holy quest to purge darkness! He rushed forward, his shining armor clanging as he lumbered toward her. He was slower than she thought he would be. Perfect.
He swung his sword horizontally. Light trailed Zoe’s movement as she effortlessly leaped over the blade that sliced through the air. She landed on her feet as swiftly as she had lept, preparing to dodge the next swing of his blade. He swung his sword overhead, trying to bring it down on her with brutal force. She effortlessly sidestepped it as the giant blade cut into side of the cliff.

The ground shook as the ground they stood on began to give way, The impact of the powerful blade had shattered the earth they stood on, and it started slipping away down the face of the powerful mountain. Zoe jumped onto Light’s armored back, and pushed off of him. She used his back like a spring to launch her onto the stable ground higher on the top of another cliff face. Sliding on the rocky ground as she landed from her acrobatic feat.

Light began slipping down the mountain, caught up in all the rocks that suddenly became gravel under his powerful feet. He tumbled down the cliff face with the rocks he had dislodged until he landed on his back far below where Zoe stood, who now watched from her perch above him. She shook her head. With speed like that, he could never hope to hit her.

Light pushed himself to his feet. He felt humiliated that he just sent himself down a mountainside. He decided to use an ability he possessed to end the fight right there. He wouldn’t even have to hit her with his sword.
He raised his sword and pointed it at Zoe. She squinted, struggling to see what he was doing from her ledge far above him. Nothing he did from where he stood could hit her. Or so she thought.

Light concentrated into a ball of energy that crackled on the tip of his sword. It glowed and electric surges pulsed from the pure energy like light that rested there.

Zoe realized what he was doing, but it was too late for her to dodge it. She dropped to the ground on the cliff face in an attempt to take cover from what came next.

“Concentrated light.”

Like a crack of lighting, the ball released the energy contained, unleashing havoc onto the mountain side. A spray of rock and fire flew into the air in a fiery explosion as the beam hit the rock, sending shards of earth in every direction. The concussion from the blast launched Zoe from her perch, sending her into a spiral as she flew through the air and down toward the level that Light stood. She smashed into the side of a rock, shattering a rib. Her eye reverted to normal and began bleeding onto the rock face as pain exploded into her chest.

The dust settled, and the wind pushed clouds of dirt out of the way to reveal Light laughing in his own arrogant way. He waded through the sea of dust with blood lust in his eyes.

“Prepare to be purged, demon.” He said as he twirled his sword, preparing to finish off his injured prey. Dust swirled around him as he displaced the air with his blade.

Zoe gasped for air as bits of her rib threatened to penetrate other organs inside of her. She was seriously injured. She needed to try something drastic.

Light grabbed her by her throat and raised her above the sea of dust that began to part. He pointed his massive sword at her chest, about to run her through as she gasped for air.

Zoe bit her hand and blood stained the shiny armor. A red aura surrounded Zoe as power coursed through her from activating the first form of her demon self. Her eye swirled into a murky black until it was nothing but darkness.

“I will show you a true demon.” Zoe said as her voice began to change. “Welcome to hell.”

She grabbed the arm that held her by the throat and began crushing with inhuman brute strength. The metal began to bend at her massively acquired grip. Light growled and thrust his sword arm forward. Zoe grabbed the blade with her bare hands and it barely cut her as her skin hardened. Her hand holding the hand bled before thrusting the sword aside, launching the massive weapon like a toy in the wind. Light was surprised by the sudden strength she had gained from this form. He swung his fist and hit her in the chest out of his hand, sending her tumbling into the dirt until she hit the rock again. She stood up and wiped the blood from her eye.

“You hit like a bitch.” She laughed as darkness began consuming her body. “Allow me to show you how to punch so it hurts.”

Before Light could react, Zoe was right in front of him. She punched him with her bare hand into his helmet. Normally that would break every bone in her arm from hitting a metal piece of armor so hard, but Zoe was hardly human at this point. Light’s head snapped back from the blow and it completely flipped him off of his footing from the sheer force of the impact. He bounced off the rocks like a rag-doll before finding his footing and sliding across the rocks, jarring him to a halt as dirt flew into the air once more.

Thunder boomed overhead as the two powerful, spiritual beings locked eyes. Two fates intertwined with only one victor to emerge alive. Zoe’s eyes were both bleeding now and swirled into darkness.

“I will show you hell.” Zoe said as giant black wings sprouted from her back, flinging blood in every direction. Small horns jutted out of her head in a bloody mess, and her other eye turned completely black. “I will erase you, scum. I will have you witness first hand the power you lack.” Her voice had completely changed. It was dark and evil sounding.

“You will die today, sinner.” Light replied. His armor turned completely black. A black mist like substance swirled around his armor as his power significantly rose. The shining silver armor turned a murky black color.

Zoe flapped her wings once in a powerful blast, clearing the smoke around her. Her eye’s glowed red and you could practically feel the hatred in the air resonating from the fully demonic girl.

“DIE DOG!” Two large lasers shot from her eyes, tearing up the ground in front of her as dirt and rocks from the top of the cliff spewed like shrapnel as the energy cut through the rock. Zoe lifted her head, pointing the deadly beams toward Light, destroying the earth as they made their way toward their target.

Light twisted his sword, deflecting the lasers back into the mountain when they made it to her, causing an explosion in the earth near his feet and launching the surprised titan into the air. Zoe grinned evilly. He was airborne, where she was fastest.

With a powerful blast of her wings, she launched herself into the air and toward her target with lightning speed and an intent to kill. Her clenched fist connected with the middle of Light’s abdomen in a sickening mid air uppercut, causing the armor to crack around her fist. Light suddenly realized he had met his match as her fist punctured through his powerful black armor like paper and hitting his organs. Light coughed blood into his helmet. He was coming to terms with his mortality. He smiled under his helmet.

“I will die knowing you have to live with your sin, and that satisfies me.” He said, coughing again as blood dripped from the underside of his helmet.

“Silence, worm.” Zoe said as she grabbed his arm with her other hand, denting the armor with her powerful demonic grip. She pulled until his arm came off entirely, tossing it down the mountainside like a toy. The frayed muscles spewed blood as his armor lost power and turned back to its original silver color. Zoe grabbed the knight by his throat, now covered in blood from his internal bleeding. She stopped moving her wings so that gravity took its role and they began free falling toward the earth. She flapped them toward the sky, shooting her and her powerless victim toward the earth at incredible speeds. She slammed him head first into the ground, and the earth exploded into dirt, rocks, and blood.

Zoe panted as her darkened eyes looked at the mess of gore and bits of metal that surrounded her. The pain in her chest began as she slowly became human again. The wings turned to dust, starting at the tips and slowly falling apart. Blood ran down her back from the spots where her wings were, and she coughed up blood as the internal damage from transforming was starting to set in.

She shut her eyes as the blood that ran down them blinded her temporarily. When she opened them they were her regular blue color. She stared wide eyed at the gore around her as she fell to her knees, gripping her stomach at the immense amount of pain she felt. She looked at her hands. They were covered in blood, and her own blood from her eyes dripped onto them to add to it. She felt nauseous and vomited a mixture of blood and bile into her hands. She hated what she was. She wanted to die. She screamed at the emotional and physical pain as she realized what she had done, and a mixture of tears and blood streamed down her face.

She curled into a ball and hoped she would be lucky enough to die right then and there. Not today.

devi
“Just keep praying. God knows what is needed.” Light whispered heavily to himself as he got on his knees, the impact shaking his armor and making a loud metal clashing sound, and slammed his hands together in the form of a prayer. Barely a second into his newly acquired seating, and he started to pray loudly. It was not of any language that was native to this world, seeming to be distorting and molding at every turn of a sentence. Despite this, Light continued as if he was speaking the common tongue.

He thought pleasant thoughts, the beautiful light of good that would guide humanity, the High Above kingdom for those who have lived good lives under the name of god, the smiling children who carry and care for the strong who stand by the lord. These bright and beautiful pictures of hope easily flooded his mind, like a large bucket of light had been poured on his mortal mind as the picture of his god showed itself to its servant.

But wait, something was wrong! The images, they started to fade with a darkness slowly consuming the light. The horrors the images suddenly morphed to were sickening, the pictures of children turning into small imps of malicious intent with massive appetites for death and chaos. The pictures of the High Above melting into a kingdom of rotting flesh, populated with putrid beasts with no remorse for any man. Finally the picture of god. NO! It can’t be happening! The untainted pureness of god! It was morphing into a picture of- it can’t be, Lucifer!

Light violently awoke from his praying and fell back to the ground with a loud thud. His eyes slowly adjusting to the small light within the room, as he panted heavily in an attempt to retake his lost breath. Such nightmares that infected Light, where could they have come from? The darkness within him had been banished from his body! Maybe, god isn’t as powerful and pure as he says h- NO! Such words are for the heretics! I shall not fall from the pillars I have built for my god; I shall not waste what I have gained.

Slowly, the behemoth of an armored man got up from the ground. He lifted both his arms from the floor, pressed his hands onto the ground and pushed himself up. Using his incredible strength and momentum, he flew back up from his resting spot and stood proudly once again. With his breath regained, he looked deeply into the light source within the room. It was one of those modern magic items within this world, it manipulates light energy without being alive, like some small glass golem. The people here say that its not magic of any kind, that it is simply something a man can create. Fools don’t see the gifts of god if its places right in front of them.

He wrapped his hand around the small being, it was being held up in the air by a long stick, feeling the warmth move through his hand but without burning his skin. Without any thought, he violently closed his hand, crushing the small bulb with massive force. The bulb broke easily as the glass cut into Light’s powerful hand, as the light dispersed into his hand. Slowly, he opened his hand and let the glass fall to the ground and breaks even more as it landed.

As he showed himself his hand, he saw the light he held within his hand. It formed like an orb, gently floating above his hand like a large torch bug. The light that came from it was powerful, penetrating the darkness of the room and brightening it all up. He stood in thought for a second, looking into his manipulated light. Slowly the orb fell into his hand, as he clenched his fist. Without any forethought, he walked out of the darkened room with a new determination.

He shot a look to the palm of his hand as he walked out. It was burnt like a black crisp.

-----

“Back for more, eh?” The dark man spoke with a large shining grin on his black form, his voice riddled with poison like a snake. It chuckled to the sight of Light, and continued its mockery. “You just keep losing, my boy. I don’t know if your god can handle any more shame.”

Light’s choler rose up to his throat, trying to force his words to be laced with venom and rage. He gave into the temptation and released his verbal rage with a loud shouting speech. “How dare you insult me, you spineless snake? I have carried the word of my god on my shoulders and brought his name to this world. You cannot even mock me if you yourself do not even follow the better faith, you continue your idiotic belief that the world created itself when you could be spending your time spreading the word of the true graceful and kind lord.”

“If your lord is so kind, why does he require violent soldiers?” It retorted quickly as Light paused for breath.

“He requires us to protect our world from the cruel and evil darkspawn who would pillage and burn this land to ashes.”

“If god is so powerful, then why doesn’t he simply take away these darkspawn?”

“To challenge mankind, to give it strength and to condition it for true battle for when the end of our world comes.” It simply sighed as Light continued his endless rambling for his god.

“So is that why he gave holy magic to crazy zealots?”

“Oh yes, it is the weapon he armed us with to combat the unholy creatures such as darkspawn and their foul offspring like undead, the holy light burns off their sins.”

“I can’t be bothered with you right now, men like you never see the truth even if it would stab you in the front. Just take your papers and go.”

“Are you scared of the truth? Why do you cower in face of the kind lord?” Light asked with legitimate innocence and curiosity in his voice, as he grabbed the paper that rested on It’s wooden desk.

It gave no reply, simply grunting as the dark figure turned away from the armored man with disgust. Light looked to the man with honest concern in his eye, but then looked to the paper he had gotten. It was his, soon to be, opponent.

The document detailed the bare basics of his foe. What startled Light however was the title of said enemy. Zoe the Fallen Angel. Fallen angel? Light had never heard of something like that before, aren’t angels the purest of all beings, they never commit sin. It must have been one that was tainted by the dark spawn, it must be purged of it’s darkness at once. Immediately Light started to walk out of the room and hurry off to his arena, sharing no words with the dark figure as he left the room.

It just simply smiled as he left, chuckling to himself.

-----

Light moved with haste, nearly running as his armor clanked loudly like a bunch of closely-knit saucepans violently bumping into each other. Unbothered by the loud noise, he continued his way, looking at the world around him. People shot him looks as he passed by, some with simple confusion on their mortal faces and some seeming to have contempt and anger stored up against him. Of course, many of them covered their ears as he passed by, the sound being unbearable for their ears. He paid no mind to the heretics; they were simple sinners with no idea of a high faith.

The streets were very grey, with the buildings being very bland and uninteresting, with most of them being close to covered in windows that revealed many rooms. Through his thick helmet he did however hear some shouts of anger. He couldn’t quite make out what they said but he thought he heard words like “Monster. Asshole. Demon.”

Yet he continued on his merry way, walking down the street with no haltered speed. He did however notice that the clocks that were attached to the walls spoke of his lateness. The small arm was nearing the bottom, and light seemed to fade from the sky. He needed to hurry; he would not be seen as some opponent that was late for his combat, such was dishonorable and horrible.

To hurry, he started to run through the corridors between the buildings, despite their slight darkness that seemed to poison their atmosphere like some putrid black air. As he ran however, he started to notice that the corridor was inhabited with men. Down the bright light exit, there were the striking silhouettes of people.

“We’ve been told that you are a religious zealot who loves killing. We here don’t like idiots that think they’re all high and mighty, we’re going to be taking you down a notch.” A voice behind him uttered with emotionlessness imbued within it, but still with some sense of happiness as chuckling was heard. Quickly, the shadows ran at the paladin, who was given no chance to answer.

These people weren’t messing around, they wielded something that shone in the darkness, most likely some form of daggers. The paladin did not move an inch however as his assailants attacked. Without hesitation, they attacked, striking at their victim with brutal violence. The sound of metal being pierced shrieked down the dark corridor.

Outside of the dark corridor stood a man, he wore the standard higher up attire of this world, wearing a black suit with ravishing red tie and wearing black pants with shining black shoes. Impatiently he tapped his foot on the ground, staring into the darkness. A smile grew on the mans face as the sound of metal hitting the ground echoes, he has a gentle face with a scruffy beard attached to his chin and short brown hair. He started to clap loudly, “Good job gentlemen.”

His smile started to die however as the victor emerged from the darkness. It was Light, with knives seemingly shoved into his metal armor. Right before the man could speak, Light shoved his hand into the shorter mans throat. The armored man towered over the shorter man, and his strength matched up to his size as the smaller man tried to speak. Without uttering a word or showing a movement, Light immediately lifted up his arm with his hand wrapped around the mans neck.

All that was sounded was a loud snapping noise, and the slow silence of loud gargling.

-----

“My opponent sure is taking his time. Is he always like this?” A young woman asked aloud, her dark trench coat lifting with the strength of the wind. She seemed to be a young adult with a red shirt under her coat with dark pants having tears on them. Looking around slightly confused to having to wait such a time for a battle, with no sight of her opponent. Of course, there was no one to answer her question as not a soul was around to hear her.

The arena was pretty bland, just being a large open concrete space with no buildings or anything. The sun was falling down beyond the horizon, as she patiently awaited her battle. After a long while of waiting, the sun had completely fallen behind the walls that lay far away, closing in the arena.

Then suddenly a loud bell sounded as music came on from an unknown source. A loud orchestral song played with epic proportions, something that you would hear in an opera. Then the speakers spoke. “Our final contestant is now here ladies and gentlemen! Light the forsaken paladin has now arrived in all his glory to fight his enemy, Zoe the fallen angel. We have an old follower of the faith against an old soldier of the faith! Who does god favor? Find out now!”

“Do not slander the name of the lord with your sin, impudent heretic!” A loud powerful voice sounded, and then through the wall a figure appeared. It was a hulking figure, which Zoe could tell was tall even by looking afar and appeared to be wearing armor judging by the loud clanking sound. Well, might as well be courteous and introduce herself to her opponent, she thought as she started to walk towards her opponent.

After a while of walking to approach each other, Zoe saw exactly how her opponent looked. It was a tall man donned in bright silver armor with angelic decoration adorned onto the metal, giving the man a look of a more angelic being than his voice gave off to be. He wielded a sword that matched is size, as in that it was huge in comparison to herself. Thank god the sun wasn’t out, otherwise the armor would have shone brighter than the sun. He seemed like some paladin you would see in games or movies, much like the announcer had shouted in his microphone.

That was however when he saw the thing that he carried in his hand. In his right hand he held a human body by the hair, the body being dragged on the ground while leaving behind a trail of crimson blood. It appeared to be a business man of some sort with a full set of modern suit attire. She couldn’t take her eyes off the corpse, what could this man have done to deserve such a fate? The walking armor set having apparently noticed Zoe’s staring, suddenly let go of the mans hair and let the body violently crash to the ground as the brown hair fluttered a bit in the wind.

Zoe quickly broke her curious stare at the body and looked at her towering enemy. There was a bizarre coldness in the guy’s eyes, or what she thought were his eyes through his helmet. His stare seemed to go right through her, leaving its coldness behind in her body as it went through. Neither spoke a word as they continued their silent stare.

Suddenly, a bright blue light erupted to Zoe’s left that caught her attention instantaneously. It was the hologram picture of a countdown. The numbers being a bright golden color on a blue background as it counted down from 60 seconds. She faced her opponent again. The armored man remained unmoved in his stare.

Then he broke the silence with his intimidating voice. “Why have you, once an angel, forsaken our lord?”

The words hit Zoe like a brick with the force of the confusion. What was this guy talking about?

-----

Light did his best to control his pure rage building, his hands shaking with the temptation to crush her head to blood splatter. He was however able to control himself under one notion, he had to know the reason to such an atrocious act of treachery.

With a silent breath, he quickly raised his armored boot from the ground, holding it high above the knocked out body resting. The counter continued it’s countdown, ow it was on 40 seconds. As it struck 39, Light slammed down his foot. The sound of crushed bone echoed through his helmet, repeating in a strangely enjoyable way in his head.

The fallen angel stared at him, pure horror and terror in her face, clearly disgusted by it. He looked down at his foot. It was painted in a thick red paint smelling of blood, guts and bone sliding around on the ground. The smell was infatuating, clogging his nose with its thickness. He looked back at the angel and lifted his right hand, pointing at her with vicious intent. The counter was now 30.

He opened his mouth and spoke loudly, “I care not anymore for why you forsaked the man that created you, and you are not worthy of reprimand no matter than reason. Prepare yourself for a slow and painful death, treacherous snake.”

The angel simply gave a confused face, feigning her ignorance to her transgressions. It must be an act to hide her evil self, to pretend to be innocent! She spoke proudly to him, with determination in her voice. “Look Mr Light sir, I have no damn clue what you are talking about! I don’t know of any lord or great one that created me, I was created by my mother and father, no god or otherwise. So don’t involve me in whatever secret religion you follow, I want nothing of it!” The counter was now 15.

The heresy! The pure disregard for the Lord! The absolute impudence from such a graceful being like an angel! She speaks like a devil, with words laced of pure venom! This can only mean one thing, the angel has been corrupted by the darkspawn! He shouted one final time, his voice infused with more wrath than before “Then there is no saving you! Filthy corrupted!”

A voice sounded aloud from the bright blue light. “Five” Light reached for his sword slowly, his hands shaking with rage, “Four” while the angel presented her fists in a battle pose. “Three” They stood there in silence, staring intensely at each other. “Two.

One.”

Light charged, sword held tightly in both his powerful hands, pushing it forward in a stab motion

“Begin.”

-----

Zoe’s right eye opened wide as the sword came closer to her, the eye turning into a blank white color. One second she was right where she was, the massive sword about to plunge into her, the next second she was right behind her huge foe. Even after so long of having this power, the feeling of moving around that quick still felt strange and euphoric to her. If he before didn’t intimidate her, she sure as heck was a bit scared now; he just seemed so much bigger up close.

“That was pretty goddamn close to cutting me in half, thank god I activated angel eye in time to dodge out of the way. Despite being so big, this Light guy is still pretty fast with his sword, probably should have expected that. “ She thought to herself “What is with this guy anyway? What have I got to do with any god, lord or whatever he called it? And why would any belief allow for someone as violent as him into their religion? Bah, I’m sure all he will give me are ramblings that make no sense to me, but I should try.”

However, before she could open her mouth to speak, the giant turned his body around to face her. He had his left fist closed, aiming for her face. He wasn’t exactly moving fast, at least compared to her, so she easily dodged him by sliding underneath him. Thank god there weren’t too many holes in her jeans by the back, as the ground burnt her skin as she slid on it. It wasn’t painful at first, but it grew exponentially very quickly as immediately regretted her choice of attire.

“Ouch ouch ouch, damn that burns.” She exclaimed as she stood up, closing both her eyes as a reaction the pain. She touched her skin to feel it and of course it hurt more. Her complaint of her pain was however interrupted by a dark voice, the paladin again. “Why do you run away from battle, coward? Why do you continue dodge me, instead of facing me?”

“Well that’s probably because I want to understand a bit more of what’s going on, since you assume me to be this and that, and you don’t even say my name. If you want to understand, why don’t we talk. My name is Zoe.” She replied, surprisingly gently considering that they were fighting.

“Stop feigning ignorance!” He shouted in retaliation, turning around once more and striking down with his sword on her. Again, she dodged him pretty easily with his slow movements being well, slow. How long was he going to continue like this? He should know that at this point she can easily move out of his attacks. She suddenly she felt very warm, as a bright light blinded her.

She quickly ran back away from her foe, keeping a far distance from him as she checked herself. She felt her stomach and looked down to herself in extreme surprise, there was a hole right through her. In fact, it had gone right through her, as she discovered on her back. She quickly covered it with her hands, expecting blood to come pouring out. However, nothing came through, as her body started to sweat from the heat coming from the wound.

“What just happened there? I couldn’t quite make out what he just did, but judging by that I’m not bleeding and feel incredibly warm, it must some attack with heat. Since there was a bright light, I’m willing to bet that this guy manipulate light. Tougher than I thought.” Zoe’s thoughts were however interrupted as something came crashing into her mouth from her throat. She quickly fell over as her mouth was forced open. It was blood.

The blood poured its way out of her, like a waterfall of red water as she coughed violently and painfully. It was so painful; she could barely keep herself up from the ground with the amount of weight on her body. Attempting to recollect herself after the blood gave pause, she started to stand up from the slippery blood covered ground. She slipped a bit with her hands, but not enough to make her fall. As she got up on her knees however, she was slammed hard in the face with something cold.

She flew back, hearing her bone crack, and crashed violently onto the ground.

-----

“Light thought to himself, trying to convince himself in the haze of his angry and confused mind. Voices of differing opinions sounded in his mind as he tried to understand what was going on. “This a demon that wants nothing more than the ruin the lives of mortals, it cannot be anything else!”

“But what if she speaks the truth? What if she is no angel, and Lord is telling us to punish a woman without sin? This is clearly no angel, judging by how frail and weak she is!”

“Those are words of heresy! How can you even think that our Lord is incorrect in his judgment? Lord has never failed us and you know that!”

“How can you be so sure that he is right now? What if we have continued to lose against our opponents because our god is wrong in his choices?”

“Silence traitor! You know not of what our lord does!”

While back in the real world, Light was frozen in shock after punching his foe. How could she be so frail? The lords angels were known for their strength and wisdom in battle, why is she so weak? He just couldn’t wrap his head around what was happening, but he finally started to move again. He walked towards his down foe, still angrily puzzled on what was happening as the war of understanding waged in his head.

It did not matter how hard he thought, he only got more confused. Could his Lord truly be in the wrong? He must ask this angel then, he must understand. As he stood by the still awake body of his enemy, he stared down at her. Her face was clearly broken, with it being deformed in ways a human’s should not, as blood ran down from her mouth. He spoke softly, his voice shaking a bit but without any venom or rage. “Why did a creature such as you, who was blessed by the Lord himself, abandon his gift?”

She was enraged by his words as she shook violently, staring intensely with her left eye as it filled with rage that Light had never seen before, it actually scared him. Slowly turning her face towards him, she spoke with an incredibly dark and terrifying voice, which he only would ever hear in his nightmares.

“Your god abandoned me from my birth. My family was murdered in cold blood, your god watched on. I was forced into slavery, your god watched on. I went through years of physical and mental torture, your god watched on. Angels and demons hunted me, and your god watched on. Your god has never given me anything but sorrow and pain, and you tell me it was a gift.”

Before he could react to what was spoken, something grabbed his left leg. He quickly looked and saw the angel’s hand grabbing him, but it was no longer the dainty hand of a human woman. It had transformed in the arm of a demon, spiked scales protruding from random spots on the arm. It was no longer fingernails on her fingers; they were now black claws that penetrated into his armor while she slowly crushed the steel in her hand.

He quickly looked back at his foe, and she was no longer the same. Where there was once a fine young woman, there was now a terrifying monster. Spiked scales covered her body, as her eyes turned into a crimson red. Light shouted in pain as she crushed his leg with her incredible strength, the sound of bone breaking echoing in his armor, bouncing back and forth between the walls of his bodily fort.

Then he started to float up into the sky, at least he thought so, until he realized that the angel was lifting him up with her one hand. He suddenly turned upsidedown with his head hitting the ground violently, but he was still floating. He quickly looked down, (Which was actually up since he was upside down), and saw the destructive glee on his foe’s face. The face of the dainty and gentle girl was no loner there, now there was just a great big smile filled with sadistic intent, and great red eyes staring right into him.

He lost his breath, as she slammed her free hand into his chest.

-----

The pounding went on for an unbelievable amount of time. Zoe would continue punching her enemy, and then she would throw him around like a ragdoll, slamming him into the ground with ease. Light was no longer in control of the battle, as he flailed around like a doll to the now demonic lady. He felt his armor break apart as she continued to pound him harder and harder with increasing ferocity. All the while the demon laughed manically and the sadistic smile continued.

Light could barely feel his body from all the pain, nearly going numb after so much damage. He wasn’t even able to react and hit back as he was continuously slammed into the ground again and again. Each and every impact shook him down to the bone, only the numbness of his body and the constant head slamming stopping him from screaming in pain.

Inside his mind was no better, as he was still trying to figure out the shock of what he just heard. His thoughts had again started their loud arguing.

“Explain it! Why would a great Lord like ours just watch on as an angel would be tortured again and again by the world around her? Explain that!”

“Our Lord works in mysterious ways that we can’t understand, all for his great plan! We can not judge him before he his plan has reached its great fruition.”

“So we should just let him continue to watch on as he ignores the innocent’s plight because you think he has some master plan for us all? If this master plan needs us to be controlled, why did he give us free will in the first place?”

“I-I can’t answer that.”

“How would the Lord we serve, who taught us that he was kind and loving, watch on as his own child would be tortured and corrupted by the horrible side of us all?”

“I… don’t know. God sends us no visions anymore since Lucifer lived within us.”

“Wait. Since Lucifer lived in us?”

“This can only mean one thing then.”

“What?”

“Lord has abandoned us.”

Suddenly, with his mind having reached some form of consensus, a new energy seemed to fill his body. He had a new will to live. As the slamming into the ground seemingly gave pause for a second, Light took his chance. He quickly reached for his opponent’s leg, grabbing with his renewed strength, squeezing with all of his might. Zoe screamed in pain as he did so, opening her hand by mistake dropping Light.

Without letting go of his foe, bright rays of light started to attract to his hand while Zoe did her best to try to get off him. Her leg was starting to slip out, but before it did, a bright light shone from Light’s that blinded both fighters. She screamed loudly

As they adjusted their sight back to normal, Light saw what he had done. Zoe’s leg, where his hand was, had been burn to ash with the owner of said leg started to scream loudly, grabbing her leg and checking the damage. While she did so, Light got up from the ground which he had been slammed into many times, with the concrete falling of from his shoulders as he stood up.

When he finally stood up, he heard a loud clanking noise in front of him, just under his visor of view. With no thought attached, Light looked down to what it was. It was his armor that had fallen from his body; it was both of his gauntlets, right shoulder pad, left leg and some of the chest armor had been ripped off. Wind passed in through the massive holes in the armor, as his eye’s widened in shocking surprise. He looked down at his arms in horror, holding them up to his face.

There was only dead flesh.

-----

Light couldn’t hear anything, he couldn’t feel anything, and he just couldn’t sense anything. All that was in his mind was his arms before him. The dry dead arms he wielded, some of the skin even flaking off in the wind. With no thought, Light lifted off his helmet and threw it on the ground. He quickly lifted his hands to his face and felt it. It was dead too, where there once was his human face was now just the decayed face of a man once alive.

He started to breathe faster and faster, swiftly looking down at his chest. His ribs were visible, the bone seeming to be covered by bits of dark green flesh. In through the ribs, he could see his organs. He could see his heart pumping and his lungs moving with his every breath, along with other organs that he had never been taught about. All of his body was rotten, except his organs.

He begun to shake violently, quickly grabbing his head with his hands in an attempt to control the incredible vibrating. He couldn’t understand, his mind was in shock with his thoughts not even debating on what it all meant. He was completely silent, having what would seem to be a bit of a mental breakdown

His silence was short lived however as he felt himself being violently thrust forward by something behind him. He flew through the air, crashing into the ground as dust erupted from his landing. His mind quickly snapped out of its confused thoughts, and he pushed himself up from the ground. His thoughts spoke in unison as he got himself up, the different voices clashing together to create one single many voiced voice.

“We must understand. Today is not the day we die!”

Light quickly turned around to face his opponent, his eyes filled with a new rage that would be to ensure his survival. The only thing he turned to was a big fist hitting him square in the face. This time however, Light mustered the strength he had after all this time of fighting to continue standing. He heard the bones on his face crack under the force of his foe, the pain surging through his rotten body. The fight had gone on for a long time, Light was very low on his own energy and was getting quite tired as he panted heavily, which was a bit hard considering he had a big scaly fist in his face.

Before his opponent could continue her attack, Light begun his attack. He grabbed his enemy by her hand and pulled it down to the side, using his unexpected attack to good effect. He readied his other hand for a punch, but as he did so, a strange thing happened. The light started to collect to his hand, despite that he didn’t prepare to shoot his enemy, weighing his whole arm down with incredible heaviness. His hand started to burn from the light, his putrid skin melting off and dripping onto the ground in a mess of flesh. Not to mention that his bones were being burnt, which caused extreme pain to Light. He wasted no time to think and react to it however, and aimed for the angel’s head. His hand’s heaviness made it incredibly fast and powerful as he charged his fist to her.

The angel’s eyes widened as she moved her free hand to intercept his attack, in an attempt to stop whatever he was trying to do. Their fists met head on, making a loud and large shock wave with their impact. Her defense was useless however, as his fist started to be too heavy for her to keep back. Slowly her fist started to be pushed back, in panic she tried to get her other hand free from Light’s grasp. Pulling her attention from the attack however proved to be her downfall, as Light crushed right through her fist.

Her fist, quite literally, exploded from the impact of his fist, her hand expanding until it popped. Blood flew everywhere, along with the flesh that was once a hand. The angel was about to scream in pain, but his fist gravely interrupted her. The fist slammed into her face, crushing her bones and sending her right to the ground with the force of his hit. Her head slammed into the ground, the ground violently cracking under her landing with another shockwave being released. Her eyes grew white with the landing; blood erupted from her open mouth with blood also running down her head and dripping to the ground. She tried to breath, but her face was so crushed and so distorted that that was no longer possible. Her jaw had been shoved into her windpipe.

She struggled, fighting to survive with all the will she had. She fought and she fought, struggling to open her mouth for breath, trying to force her jaw open with the muscles on her face. Slowly, she stopped, as her body started to morph back into its original form, the scales receding and her claws becoming nails. Her white eyes stayed however, staring blankly into nothing with dead eyes.

Light had simply watched as the woman had died a slow painful, saying not a word. What he did however was in a way surprising. He reached and grabbed her exploded arm, and with her other arm, placed them on her chest. Gently, he straightened her body on the ground, using one hand to close her white eyes. He kneeled beside the corpse of his recent enemy, and stared at her silently. She seemed peaceful in a way, even with her barbaric and grotesque wounds.

“I will honor your memory, Zoe. I will find out why god did this, so we can all understand.”

Cruel
04-13-2016, 10:25 PM
First official battle after having my wRHG forever. I enjoyed your story Devi. Honestly, since I'm actually working on a novel based off of this character, it was really sad to see her get, well, beaten the shit out of. :c

devi
04-13-2016, 10:39 PM
Well I loved watching her get pummeled : ^ )

Cruel
04-14-2016, 03:06 PM
To those that voted (or didnt) could you leave some CnC with it? It'd be appreciated.

Kamiroo Wolf
04-14-2016, 03:29 PM
Still reading, but in school

Applecharm11 Starhorse
04-14-2016, 09:38 PM
Still reading, but in school

Same :)

Kamiroo Wolf
04-14-2016, 11:40 PM
Forgot to review when I got off bus. I'm voting for Devi.

@BothOfYou: Grammatical Errors diluted both of your stories, more so on Devi's part than on Cruel's.

@Cruel: You're story was well-written, had only a few grammatical errors(silly mistakes we all make), and was pretty clear and easy to follow. However, one thing that took me out of the story, were Zoe and Light's characters. With your story I just felt like they were reading off a script, and saying exactly what it was I was expecting them to say. The fight was good, had me interested, but ultimately felt a bit too... idk... bland?

@Devi: Ok! Grammatical errors hurt. It wasn't that big a deal, but I would have felt a bit more immersed had there been a bit more revising and editing put into the piece x.x But again, we all make these mistakes. Now, onto the reason I'm voting for you: the characters and story felt a bit more real to me here than in Cruel's story. The lines were a tad generic at times(as were Cruel's), but overall I got a lot more out of Devi's story than I did his opponent. I felt more and saw more than the expected "Heretic! You shall be cleansed!"(even though that was still a big part of both your stories). On top of that, I think Devi simply deserves a win for his resilience.

At the end of the day, the amount of effort and time you both put into your works is appreciated. Great work the both of you!

Cassandra
04-17-2016, 01:31 PM
I thought Cruel's story was better because I got a better sense of what was happening in it.
Devi's one was fine, but it felt longer than it needed to be.

My choice is based on personal preference, but both of you guys did a wonderful job. Keep up the good writing!

Cruel
04-17-2016, 09:19 PM
I thought Cruel's story was better because I got a better sense of what was happening in it.
Devi's one was fine, but it felt longer than it needed to be.

My choice is based on personal preference, but both of you guys did a wonderful job. Keep up the good writing!

Thanks babe <3.

hamnet
04-17-2016, 09:35 PM
To those that voted (or didnt) could you leave some CnC with it? It'd be appreciated.

Cruel, basically you did really well but in some places you could have had better word choices to make the audience feel a certain way. Or for instance when Zoe kills Light and she had the possibility to die after the transformation from being a demon ended, you could have emphasized better how hurt she really was instead of just her curling into a ball and not dying. This all goes for you as well Devi you had the same problems as Cruel. Overall words with more meaning, and better puncuation to display the pain or the distance from humanity for example:

"Darkness...
all.

I Feel...

is darkness."

This has more emotional value for a reader than " Darkness. all I feel. is darkness" because it's how you read it just word choice and how the words are place to protray what is going on during a certain moment during the story, much like you see in many fantasy books; as seen in the Red Rising Trilogy by Pierce Brown. Just work on that and you two will be destroying everyone with you crazed tank guys and sweet devil killer lady.

Good luck hope I helped.

Hewitt
04-18-2016, 01:53 AM
God both your stories are long. Can someone give me a cliffnoets on the 2 stories before I dive into it?

hamnet
04-18-2016, 02:02 PM
God both your stories are long. Can someone give me a cliffnoets on the 2 stories before I dive into it?

Demon/Angel fights crazed man of justice( pretty much Garen from league of legends vs. a combination of Kayle and Morgana) dunno if you under stand these refferences but gl lmao

Kamiroo Wolf
04-18-2016, 03:44 PM
Demon/Angel fights crazed man of justice( pretty much Garen from league of legends vs. a combination of Kayle and Morgana) dunno if you under stand these refferences but gl lmao

Very accurate

Alphaeus
04-18-2016, 05:33 PM
Okay. Both of you had great stories, so this was an enjoyable read. I will be voting for Cruel, however.

So, for Cruel first:

On the plus side -- Your story felt to be just the right length, so good on you for that. You had a clear, definable plot, and I enjoyed that. You had a good ending. You're battle had detail, and a good introduction to set the scene.

On the down side -- You did have some grammatical errors, but most of them seemed accidental (more thorough editing might help. Then again, idk if English is your first language, so...). Your writing could have used more description of the surroundings. I can understand the battle well, as well as Zoe's emotions/thoughts, but I have precious little idea of where all this is happening, and how it happens spatially. Your dialogue is a bit trite, to put it bluntly. Then again, the storyline of this battle (paladin battles quasi-supernatural being) is the go-to story for every fantasy book ever, so I won't make too big a deal about this.

The biggest problem I have, though, is that you committed the worst of all RP battle errors, in my opinion -- you downplayed you're opponent. Now, it's totally fine to have your CHAR dish their opponent, if that is fitting for their character, but when the writing really gives zero advantage to their enemy at any point, it seems too imbalanced to enjoy. It felt like I was reading the description of some gaming duel, when the little upstart guy makes the mistake of challenging the level gazillion grand-master. Zoe had the upper hand the whole time. Sure, she got a little hurt. Nothing really to sweat about thought considering how she could respond (and did).

Now for Devi:

On the plus side -- you had good descriptions of...well...everything. Tons of credit there. You had realistic dialogue (mostly). Superb emotional/psychological struggle for Light. Well written battle. You also did great credit to your powerful opponent, making Light be as heavily damaged as would be logical.

On the Down side -- Poor word choice, at times, and poor sentence structure, at times (again, idk if English is your first language, so I won't take that critique too far). Aside from that you would have had a fabulous story, if not for one thing: I really could not get a full grasp on what was going on.

That terminal problem resulted from two elements. First, you included a lot of extra material at the beginning that really didn't need to be there. Namely, the scene with the darkspawn creature at RHG that gave you your papers, and the alley fight scene. Neither one actually played into the story in any discernable fashion, and only served to lead the reader on wild goose chases that left them with questions that weren't even related to the story. Secondly, you did not explain enough about Light to help us understand the depth of what was going on in his mind. You toss in the details (questioning his God/god, finding out he is undead-ish, etc.) that could have been riveting for the reader. But you didn't lay the groundwork to make them that riveting. I mean, sure, I can understand that from reading your Char Sheet, but still. If you had given more build-up and clarification where you gave needless extra scenes, I would have voted for you.

In conclusion: Devi had a better story overall, but he missed his chance with adding extra scenes when he needed concise build-up for the emotional plight of Light. Cruel, I think you WOULD have lost, had this not been the case. Your story was mid-line, and contained a major, MAJOR flaw (IMO). Nevertheless, you win because despite that, your story could be followed and, more importantly, enjoyed.

Hope my CnC helps you both -- looking forward to great battles from these chars.

EDIT: Forgot to mention -- I needed Char Sheet links to both your characters! Cruel at least had a link in his sig, but Devi...I had to hunt yours down through the gladiator list.

Cruel
04-18-2016, 06:55 PM
Cruel, basically you did really well but in some places you could have had better word choices to make the audience feel a certain way. Or for instance when Zoe kills Light and she had the possibility to die after the transformation from being a demon ended, you could have emphasized better how hurt she really was instead of just her curling into a ball and not dying. This all goes for you as well Devi you had the same problems as Cruel. Overall words with more meaning, and better puncuation to display the pain or the distance from humanity for example:

"Darkness...
all.

I Feel...

is darkness."

This has more emotional value for a reader than " Darkness. all I feel. is darkness" because it's how you read it just word choice and how the words are place to protray what is going on during a certain moment during the story, much like you see in many fantasy books; as seen in the Red Rising Trilogy by Pierce Brown. Just work on that and you two will be destroying everyone with you crazed tank guys and sweet devil killer lady.

Good luck hope I helped.

How is this CnC salty? It was fine bro, thanks :)

Hewitt
04-18-2016, 09:15 PM
I really wish both stories weren't about fights

Cruel
04-20-2016, 01:10 AM
I really wish both stories weren't about fights

Isn't that the whole point of wRHG? I mean i guess it's technically a writing competition just like RHG is an animation competition, but the point is to throw in your character against someone else's character. That's why most characters are wacky and combat oriented I would assume.

Hewitt
04-20-2016, 02:10 AM
The point of RHGs is to be able to animate. It is to find a way to animate sticks in a way that it wouldn't be boring so that your average kid animator would be motivated enough to finish his work and develop an ethic and techniques. In animation, the story (if any) is often downplayed at the expense of a good fight because it makes sense that flash beats substance in terms of visuals. In fact, you can say that the only way to show a good fight is if it was animated well.

But stories don't work like that.

Stories are good because they can go in any direction. You don't need to write a fight to write conflict. A fight isn't the only way to push things along. A fight doesn't have to be in a checklist for a story to happen. I'm not against fights in the wRHG in general, but the culture right now appears to be including it to the point of contrivance. The fight doesn't happen organically; the fight happens first and the plot rearranges itself to shift to that perspective. And sometimes, the fight outright happens because it has to. It's amazing that the majority of people here can put so much effort into the intricacies of a battle, but do not apply the same effort to everything before and after it.

It's like sex to you people.

The "point" of wRHGs is to be able to write. Battles make for good motivations because you're working on character, setting, and plot. But when you are at the mercy of the contrivance of battle, you can't really write about anything.

My previous post is expressing this lament; that both pieces could have been something greater. But knowing they will just devolve to fights makes reading them not worth bothering. I might sound like an ass, posting this in the wRHG battle section; the section it was "made for" but I wish other people can see that if this is all writing is ever going to be around here, then it cannot be anything greater.

Take for example that movie Batman vs Superman. Say what you will about how stupid the movie is, don't tell me you weren't hyped by everything that was happening leading up to the battle itself. In an hour, we learned about Bruce and his life. And note that this was an entirely new Bruce/Batman so the movie had to exposit everything without infodumping it. We learn about Clark and his struggles to get people to notice Gotham's troubles. The building up of clashing ideologies makes the fight later on all the more worth it because you can stand behind either one and take a stance in the issue.

Your story is about 2 characters who walk in on each other, talk, then have a go at each other.

Case in point.

Kamiroo Wolf
04-20-2016, 08:33 AM
Isn't that the whole point of wRHG? I mean i guess it's technically a writing competition just like RHG is an animation competition, but the point is to throw in your character against someone else's character. That's why most characters are wacky and combat oriented I would assume.

Welp, somebody had to pull his trap card. *salute*

hamnet
04-20-2016, 06:42 PM
The point of RHGs is to be able to animate.....

This thread is not for you to tell us what you think, it is for Cruel and Devi to get CNC for their wRHG Battle. If you have a problem message the Staff.
It would be different if your little rant was CNC but it is not so it would be great if you take your opinions to a thread that can make use of them.

If someone cared for your opinion they would have asked; You are literally just being an ass because you can, and it is disgusting.

Your time here was wasted.

Hewitt
04-20-2016, 08:22 PM
This thread is not for you to tell us what you think, it is for Cruel and Devi to get CNC for their wRHG Battle. If you have a problem message the Staff.
It would be different if your little rant was CNC but it is not so it would be great if you take your opinions to a thread that can make use of them.

If someone cared for your opinion they would have asked; You are literally just being an ass because you can, and it is disgusting.

But my rant was CNC. Cruel's story is hardly a story. My point was that the battle has no emotional appeal if what led to it was barely anything. Did you just skip the tl;dr and decided to quote this tiny thing here?

And cared about my opinion? It's not like I decided to rant out of the blue. Cruel started a dialogue about the "point" of wrhgs. I saw that as an opening to discuss what I felt about the matter. Now he can choose to ignore that or he can choose to reply. And it's not like I was insulting him either. If anything, you're the one who should be minding his own business. What are you doing for this thread? The votes up in the air, the comments from other posters separate from this, the fight's pretty much decided, and I'm not bothering anyone else. What do you want? What, suddenly battle threads aren't allowed to have discussions now?

hamnet
04-20-2016, 09:33 PM
Your rant wasn't CNC because it doesn't benefit Cruel or Devi in anyway besides giving them your opinion about what a wRHG battle should be, when it can be whatever a great mind thinks it to be. Yes, you can discuss anywhere you want to, but you were not replying to Cruel as if to discuss, but more of to tell him he is wrong for his beliefs of what a wRHG is. That is not how you discuss. The post was fairly closed minded and it hit a nerve.

Discussion example:
"Isn't that the whole point of wRHG? I mean i guess it's technically a writing competition just like RHG is an animation competition, but the point is to throw in your character against someone else's character. That's why most characters are wacky and combat oriented I would assume."

"I see what you mean, but this is what I think..."

you came off more as, "Your point is irrelevant, I know fact as to what a wRHG is. A wRHG is..."
when there is no set of rules for how to write a story other than to use words and pictures to protray emotions.

Haru
04-20-2016, 10:08 PM
Your rant wasn't CNC because it doesn't benefit Cruel or Devi in anyway besides giving them your opinion about what a wRHG battle should be, when it can be whatever a great mind thinks it to be. Yes, you can discuss anywhere you want to, but you were not replying to Cruel as if to discuss, but more of to tell him he is wrong for his beliefs of what a wRHG is. That is not how you discuss. The post was fairly closed minded and it hit a nerve.

Discussion example:
"Isn't that the whole point of wRHG? I mean i guess it's technically a writing competition just like RHG is an animation competition, but the point is to throw in your character against someone else's character. That's why most characters are wacky and combat oriented I would assume."

"I see what you mean, but this is what I think..."

you came off more as, "Your point is irrelevant, I know fact as to what a wRHG is. A wRHG is..."
when there is no set of rules for how to write a story other than to use words and pictures to protray emotions.

Eh, I agree with him.
And wouldn't posting for this off topic post to reprimand a off-topic post still be off-topic?
If you want beef with him, do it in a pm.

I'll edit this if I can with CNC. Both were interesting, don't think I will vote.

Hewitt
04-20-2016, 10:14 PM
Well okay, I am sorry about the way I worded things. But it still doesn't diminish the meaning behind my words. I still feel that Cruel lazed around his before and after just to launch a middle with no emotional impact.

While I do not agree with hamnet playing as the Discussion Police, I would rather not spend 10 posts meta-discussing about what should be just an open forum on the "point" of wrhgs.

hamnet
04-21-2016, 05:18 AM
I'm not the discussion police, I rarely ever post, it wasn't a discussion anyway lmao but yeah I'd rather not continue to argue pointlessly, what's done is done.
I apologize I get worked up over dumb things.

Cruel
04-22-2016, 12:59 PM

Chill dude, it was a comment on the entire structure and culture of how wRHG has less substance than it could considering how powerful writing is. Hew's point is more down the lines of "I know you guys can do better than this" even though it SOUNDS like "you guys fuckin suck at writing." I get his point. When you write, you get the opportunity to play God unlike many other forms of media. You don't have to be an amazing writer to tell a good story if you have good substance. Unlike in animation, it can look amazing in your head, but if you physically can not make that visually appealing, it was pointless. Hew's point I think is that writing is easy to start, and difficult to master, and you don't have to be a master to make a good story outside of "They met, talked, and fought."

Hew I appreciate the opinion and the input, but the main issue is that because of life, it's difficult to come up with an intricate plot, delve into each created characters backstory (especially when there's so many cliche backstories, I plan on re writing mine myself.), and then have there be conflict, a peak, and resolution, AND keep it short enough to hold the attention span of those who read it. Unfortunately, not only are the writing threads a more tight knit community than the other threads, but even the people that frequent it don't always have time to read the entire story, read another persons story with the same characters, and drop a vote.

Although I get your frustration, like I said, writing is easy, writing well isn't. Most people here are under the age of 25, and expecting batman v superman level of content that has years and years of comic book writing and professionals behind it s a HUGE comparison to make. However, I do appreciate how you think that the community can do better than where it is at now.

Bro, seriously though, you have to word things better. Seeing as how I'm blunt myself, I completely understand you have good intentions when you make posts like that. You come off as condescending when you say things like "case in point" though. Personally, I enjoy it however, so if you don't care, you do you man.

EDIT: Didn't realize you guys resolved it, but I'll leave this here so you know what I thought. Because I'm special and deserve attention.