PDA

View Full Version : Face Turn Practice

4Reza
05-21-2016, 03:09 AM
Alright, it took 3 hours for me to done this .w.)a
http://orig02.deviantart.net/a7b6/f/2016/142/9/4/turnfacefinal_by_fahrezamarziani-da3cgbq.gif

critics and comments please!

Trashh
05-27-2016, 06:44 AM
This is pretty good, you have a nice art style! <3

S.A.
05-27-2016, 08:07 AM
That looks really nice.
I think those two bunches of hair on his extreme right could turn along with his head a bit more?

Person McPerson
05-27-2016, 05:05 PM
He reminds me of Toon Link :D
I love the realistic hair movement.

Unbounded
05-28-2016, 09:12 AM
Why is that hair at the top flying forwards when he lifts his head up?

Creepin_Bro
05-28-2016, 09:56 AM
i think its because the hair gains its momentum a second after the head,which is realistic, but it was a tad too much, to the point were the hair seemed to have something push it farther forwards than it was in the first place

Unbounded
05-28-2016, 10:27 AM
i think its because the hair gains its momentum a second after the head,which is realistic, but it was a tad too much, to the point were the hair seemed to have something push it farther forwards than it was in the first place

With how he has it it's just magically flying forwards with nothing acting upon it. The hair at the top should move past its resting pose just a little, comparable to how much the rest of the hair is moving. It shouldn't flail about like a tentacle.

Also, with what I'm seeing it feels like all of the hair was way overdone anyway. His head, even when jerking up isn't particularly fast. There's no reason his hair should be moving quite as much as it does.

S.A.
05-28-2016, 11:08 AM
With how he has it it's just magically flying forwards with nothing acting upon it. The hair at the top should move past its resting pose just a little, comparable to how much the rest of the hair is moving. It shouldn't flail about like a tentacle.

Also, with what I'm seeing it feels like all of the hair was way overdone anyway. His head, even when jerking up isn't particularly fast. There's no reason his hair should be moving quite as much as it does.

If he was going for a realistic approach, then you could be right. But if he was aiming for a cartoon-ish style, then the exaggeration is justified IMO.

4Reza
05-29-2016, 11:15 PM
This is pretty good, you have a nice art style! <3

Thank you very much!

4Reza
05-29-2016, 11:21 PM
That looks really nice.
I think those two bunches of hair on his extreme right could turn along with his head a bit more?

aaAAH! Yeah that was my fault. Should it have looked like this?
http://orig12.deviantart.net/83fe/f/2016/150/a/b/correction_by_fahrezamarziani-da4f8gh.jpg
anyway thanks for your correction!

4Reza
05-29-2016, 11:26 PM

about that: The only thing I thought when I am going to animate that top part is 'just add some physics movement or follow through or whatever it is' so then I made it as like what you've seen.
I was little bit of confused when I tried to make it >< and it's the first time I make that kind of hairstyle so I beg for apologize of it

S.A.
05-30-2016, 08:26 AM
aaAAH! Yeah that was my fault. Should it have looked like this?
http://orig12.deviantart.net/83fe/f/2016/150/a/b/correction_by_fahrezamarziani-da4f8gh.jpg
anyway thanks for your correction!

No no, the other right! (his right)
But now that you mention it, yeah you could correct this error too.