StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Video Game Parody WINNERS - Summer Competition 2016

A couple of those scores look pretty suspect. One judge gave Fordz 12 while the others gave 26/21/26. And another judge gave Zero 10 while the other judges can 24/24/26. I mean if we're talking out of 30, the difference between 26 and 10 is 87% vs 33%, which seems far beyond any reasonable leeway for subjectivity. Seems to me like a couple of these judges need to re-evaluate their scores if they're that far off of the other judges. And judge 4 seems to be judging to a different standard than the other judges with consistently lower scores.

But that's just my 2 cents. I hate seeing such extreme score variability in the movie industry too. The game industry does a far better job of producing somewhat standardized scores.
    Last edited by Cronos; 10-08-2016 at 08:32 AM.

As I said there were a couple of divisive entries. That's kind of the down side of having individuals with their own perspectives judging a competition based on something partially subjective. Sometimes you'll come across something that one of the judges seriously disagrees with everyone else on and it's reflected in their final score. We could have fallen down a rabbit hole of statistics and maybe thrown away scores that were too far out the median such as in your examples, but ultimately this is an informal competition with time restraints so I decided an average would do well enough to balance out these differences. In practice, I am letting the contestants decide if they agree with this or not. I'm open to hearing feedback on this especially when we get to December and every release is out for subjective comparison. Just keep in mind we're not reviewing Hollywood movies here, this is mainly for fun and practice (and ca$h).

Quick update:

Today we released two entries at once as a double feature and totally not because I messed up the dates on YouTube, which means everything is moving forward a week! Main page has been updated with the new dates

Another change up in the schedule is happening. We're going to be releasing the Pokemon Go animation tomorrow morning due to the recent release of the new Pokemon games. The rest of the animations will come out in order. I will update the main page to reflect this change so it's clear.

Gotta get that Pokemon $$$

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information