StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: wRHG Character Regulations

I'm not sure if I count as a forumer anymore, but I feel compelled to respectfully disagree. Particularly with rule number 3 for the same reason as Crank. NPCs can drive the plot, provide hazards (in fact they're fundamental to one of my character's weaknesses), cause complications, and in general, can make the fight seem more alive and complex. For example, gladiators may in fact get hit by a car or vehicle sometimes. If you take away part of the environment you are taking away options and possibilities.

I also have to disagree with this list in general. We already have guidelines to creating a character and rules to follow. But a strict set of rules such as these does not allow for exceptions such as gladiators that technically "break" a rule but are ultimately balanced. I would like to refer to Handyman who technically breaks rules 4 because he always gets away even if the opponent wins and only has one thing that can defeat him (facing your fears (I'd say he also breaks rule 2 to a degree)) but has his abilities for a purpose and is well accepted and considered balanced within our community. Before this list, people could simply not fight or accept gladiators that were too powerful and they would still have incentive to fix their gladiators since nobody would want to fight them. I would argue that the system worked well in most cases. All i'm saying is, why not leave it how it was and let the forumers decide who they want to fight? After all, the most important part of a fight is that people are willing to and enjoy fighting another gladiator. Is there really such a schism that we need this?
    Last edited by Urako; 10-15-2016 at 09:35 PM.
    I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

I am a self-proclaimed wRHG fight instigator.

Here is my wRHG character Dozer!

Quote Originally Posted by Urako View Post
    Is there really such a schism that we need this?
    No. There really isn't.

Return of Asshat Supreme 969_DoomsDruid_969's Avatar
    *story time
    Once upon a time, Doom went to a house. This was the house of one of their friends (currently inactive on sp). The friend (and a bunch of other friends who showed up) read the shit that is going down on the holy trinity of wRHG administration (HoW, D&H, and now this).

Spoiler for What happens:

I am a quality shitposter(and Magnificent Bastard). You, on the other hand, are a shit-quality poster.

Spoiler for Writing Motto:

Spoiler for me:

(made a wRHG)
    (wants to join a clan for the time being)

Quote Originally Posted by 969_DoomsDruid_969 View Post

Second, my view is simple. One is good. Very good.
    Two is kind of obvious if you are good at char design, but fair enough.
    Three should be a LIMIT of chars (on one thread as to not take up space). Like three. Or something. That's my opinion. probably shit but whatever.
    Four is... difficult to define IMO but ok.

I excuse myself in advance for the rudeness in this post.

A thing that you need to shove into your tin can that you call a brain is that those rules have been here forever. But they've always been unspoken, because everybody mutually and logically agreed upon them , making characters, stories and fights a lot more spicy. But given recent events, I perfectly understand why Azure wrote them finally in a post, even though we never had the need for in the last 9 years (at least as long as I have been doing this shit).

Now I'm not saying its thanks to you that this happened, but you're a godlike drama queen. I love it. Keep the show going.

Spoiler for Quotes worth Remembering:

Quote Originally Posted by DelorMaximus View Post
    I excuse myself in advance for the rudeness in this post.

A thing that you need to shove into your tin can that you call a brain is that those rules have been here forever. But they've always been unspoken, because everybody mutually and logically agreed upon them , making characters, stories and fights a lot more spicy. But given recent events, I perfectly understand why Azure wrote them finally in a post, even though we never had the need for in the last 9 years (at least as long as I have been doing this shit).

Now I'm not saying its thanks to you that this happened, but you're a godlike drama queen. I love it. Keep the show going.
    S: Ouch, that's gonna hurt tomorrow. Also agreeing with everybody, rule #3 seem to limit us when it comes to make our fights, an NPC can come and turn the tides of a battle if its needed.

*reads Delor's post (btw I love Serena. Wish to fight you, but that is unlikely to happen considering you apparently think I am a shitstain)
    More hilarity ensues.

I am a quality shitposter(and Magnificent Bastard). You, on the other hand, are a shit-quality poster.

Spoiler for me:

(made a wRHG)

*reads Delor's post (btw I love Serena. Wish to fight you, but that is unlikely to happen considering you apparently think I am a shitstain)
    More hilarity ensues.
    You were making progress, dooms. Cut the shit and snark.
    My wRHG Canon: The Remarkable Life of Altaer
    "oh fuck yeah, taco, you've been naughty" ~ Vorpal
    "" ~ Index
    Spoiler for More stuff:

"Making progress". I will be snarky whenever I want. I would appreciate it if people weren't like "Oh hey, it's Doom. SHIT UPON THEM BECAUSE OF ONE MISTAKE (which DID take a while to fix, i'll give you that)." Can I be treated like a normal person now (normal people would not be told they are "making progress". I am not a needy ten-year-old)?
    EDIT: Sorry for the RAEG, i'm just a bit salty as to the "making progress" theme everyone labels me with. ITS NOT JUST A PHASE MODS!
    Anyways, almost done with Al.ice. Probably OP in some respect I haven't noticed.
    Last edited by 969_DoomsDruid_969; 10-16-2016 at 02:38 PM. Reason: sorry

Spoiler for me:

(made a wRHG)

The Grand, Exalted, Etc. Malacal's Avatar
    "Making progress". I will be snarky whenever I want. I would appreciate it if people weren't like "Oh hey, it's Doom. SHIT UPON THEM BECAUSE OF ONE MISTAKE (which DID take a while to fix, i'll give you that)." Can I be treated like a normal person now (normal people would not be told they are "making progress". I am not a needy ten-year-old)?
    EDIT: Sorry for the RAEG, i'm just a bit salty as to the "making progress" theme everyone labels me with. ITS NOT JUST A PHASE MODS!
    Anyways, almost done with Al.ice. Probably OP in some respect I haven't noticed.
    If you're worried about it being absolutely horrid in some respect you could ask someone like me, Vern, the former Waffle, etc. to review it.
    Or you can proceed normally. Your choice :P
    Full Title: The Grand Exalted Invincible Supreme Potentate and Honorary Spokesman for All Men in General

Everyone wants a certain song to play when they enter the room. Adding it to your signature is the next best thing. Even better is when it's not ten-hour Kirby dubstep remix.
    wRHG: Omega
    I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then prove it with your words and actions, you git.

Dooms, you don't need to be so hard on yourself. I'm sorry you had a rough start, but you don't need to be defeatist. Things could've been handled cleaner on all sides, not just yours. Sometimes we don't catch how we're talking to someone, so please, point that out to us. Last thing we want to do is push people away, so if anything's ever getting to you, feel free to fire someone (like me) a PM. You're a member of the community, and we're happy to have you, your opinon and your perspective.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information