StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bin this M'Luds

Just as Planned. 969_DoomsDruid_969's Avatar

Canadian Bin this M'Luds

bin this plz
    Last edited by 969_DoomsDruid_969; 12-26-2016 at 05:08 AM. Reason: plz bin(I got yet another one)

I am a quality shitposter(and Magnificent Bastard). You, on the other hand, are a shit-quality poster.

Spoiler for Writing Motto:

Spoiler for me:

(made a wRHG)
    (wants to join a clan for the time being)

Damn. I think I fucked up again. Ah well.
    UPDATE: welcome to the wonderfuckup known as my char. have a nice day!

I am a quality shitposter(and Magnificent Bastard). You, on the other hand, are a shit-quality poster.

Spoiler for me:

(made a wRHG)

Quote Originally Posted by 969_DoomsDruid_969 View Post
    Damn. I think I fucked up again. Ah well.
    UPDATE: welcome to the wonderfuckup known as my char. have a nice day!
    Okay, the fact that you're admitting something is wrong means you know its overpowered. (And if you don't, i'm saying it is.) Don't take this the wrong way please i'm only doing this to help. If you want help making a character, there might be people around (Including myself when I have time) to help you get started. If you really want, I can give an in-depth overview on the mistakes and why they are mistakes or take you through a few character creation processes. But in the mean time, I'm happy to link you to Richard's character creation test and a few other sites I found.

The rules of course.

mary sue test

If you really want to start over or just look at basic balance archetypes, look through this and chooseone you like. Warning, i'm told the site is addictive so don't stray two more more pages from the page linked here! (nothing inappropriate I promise. It's safe in that regard.)

Here for weaknesses. Same warning as above.

If you only look at one of these links, look at Richard's character link.

In general, I have four pieces of advice to give you.

1# Look at the other characters in the character registry. Does your character have a reasonable chance of losing to them? Do other people think they have a reasonable chance that they could beat your character? If so, then your character is not OP. If not, then back to the drawing board.

2# You're character cannot be the master of everything. Make your character good at one thing. Or maybe moderately good at multiple things. Its best to have one core main ability and have other abilities be extensions or complementary to them. A few minor abilities are okay to tack on, but only a few and only minor ones such as extra stamina for example.

3# Weaknesses must not be something trivial that can be overridden or bypassed. A weakness needs to pose a serious threat to your character that could mean the difference between winning and losing. In theory, they should be almost or just as debilitating as your strengths are useful.

4# Ask yourself, (The author's motivation) "Why do I want my character to have this/act like this?" and (In universe) "Why does my character have this/fight like this?" before you add "this" to your character.

Remember, there is no rush for your character so take your time. Sure Azure could take down your character's thread, but once you have your new perfected character ready, nobody is going to stop you from posting it on a new thread.
    Last edited by Urako; 10-24-2016 at 10:40 AM.
    I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

I am a self-proclaimed wRHG fight instigator.

Here is my wRHG character Dozer!

*sighs
    Back to square one with the everyone bullshitting me then.
    #1. Yes. She has problems with virtually all of the alloys of iron (although, unlike pure iron, they do not burn her. Said burn would kill her in no time at all, so that isn't a thing).
    #2. Has literally one actual ability. The other stuff is just a benefit of being fae.
    #3. Almost none of her weaknesses can be bypassed except the one with little physical strength (and that means she loses to people who have weapons which are unbreakable.
    also, weaknesses:
    Armor and Magic don't mix: you know how she DOESN'T wear armor.
    Blind Seer: Self-explanatory.
    Finally, as for the waffle guy. I disliked that thing for a long time, but TECHINICALLY I am sticking to it. Also, if I am breaking it, the fuq is Mancer (love Cavaliere's writing btw)?
    EDIT: I like you anyway. You seem reasonable. Also, you looked at TV tropes. I like that website and knew about it before you mentioned it. Nice.
    Last edited by 969_DoomsDruid_969; 10-24-2016 at 10:50 AM.

Spoiler for me:

(made a wRHG)

Personally, I think being able to slice bullets is a bit much, and the null aura seems a bit powerful as well, considering she still has everything at her disposal. If you want that kinda range, I'd weaken the effect, or if you want the full effect, I'd plummet the range. The gravity bit has me fairly confused as well. Does she fly, or can she just hover a few feet over the ground. Similarly, how does this affect doors? If we're talking magnets, I can see push doors working out, but if it's pull, she may need to be let in. Physikus also confuses me.

For the mind-games, bit thrown there too. Does she see the thought, or catch the vibe? Like, if I have an elaborate prank planned, does she know I have an elaborate prank planned or just that I'm up to something? Felt vague in the description but specific in the demo

You've come a long way since Alex though! Great job there!

*sighs
    Back to square one with the everyone bullshitting me then.
    #1. Yes. She has problems with virtually all of the alloys of iron (although, unlike pure iron, they do not burn her. Said burn would kill her in no time at all, so that isn't a thing).
    #2. Has literally one actual ability. The other stuff is just a benefit of being fae.
    #3. Almost none of her weaknesses can be bypassed except the one with little physical strength (and that means she loses to people who have weapons which are unbreakable.
    also, weaknesses:
    Armor and Magic don't mix: you know how she DOESN'T wear armor.
    Blind Seer: Self-explanatory.
    Finally, as for the waffle guy. I disliked that thing for a long time, but TECHINICALLY I am sticking to it. Also, if I am breaking it, the fuq is Mancer (love Cavaliere's writing btw)?
    EDIT: I like you anyway. You seem reasonable. Also, you looked at TV tropes. I like that website and knew about it before you mentioned it. Nice.
    The point isn't a checklist to see if your character matches some of the drawbacks, I put it there because almost every character on this forum fulfills an archetype be it a mage (of sorts), a ranged fighter, a melee fighter, a swordsman, a weapon wielder, etc. What i'm trying to say is? In terms of strengths and weaknesses, what direction are you taking your character? Is she offensive, defensive, sneaky, a weakener, a mage, because she good at everything. She's immune to tons of stuff, nullifies half of other people's powers (Its basically categorized between normal, psychic, magic, and mechanical), can launch several different types of magic, wields a weapon that bypasses her strength weakness, can fly, and can bypass obstacles.

Also, I don't know what you think about Richard. He can come across rude sometimes, but he really is trying to help you. Almost everyone giving CnC is trying to help. Take his offer for your own good. You're going to feel bad afterwards, but it might help.

Crank is right, you have come a long way. Remember that.

Edit: Crank has a better gauge at these things than I do. Your character is one of the more powerful characters, but do/explain what he says and asks and you shouldn't have too much of a problem getting accepted.
    Last edited by Urako; 10-24-2016 at 11:15 AM.
    I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

Reasonable CnC on one of my chars? *inserts a heresy meme here
    Jokes aside, fair dos.
    The Null Aura seems fair to me, considering the only things it really affects are telepaths and computers. If you can give me fair evidence as to a situation where it drastically affects battle, then I will change it.
    The Bjarkan (its original name, forgot to change it, will do) would only do the latter. It is meant to be vague intentions.
    The point of her was to NOT conform to an archetype. She's from another dimension. Fuck your stereotypes. At least I didn't put what she is actually like in her dimension (in it, time, space, matter, light etc. do not exist, so you can imagine the mind-fuckery there).
    EDIT: Wait wat? Can FLY? Teh fuk bruh? I tried to stop this from happening. Anyways, she kind of skims across the air, inches above the ground. It was to give her an "ethereal spooky ghost" feel. Also so if she is b-slapped she will fly over to a wall and stop just before she hits it, losing all momentum. Oh and the door thing is just doors and locks and things. She can't phase through walls. She just automatically opens locks and doors in the vicinity (which might fuck her up, considering she has no control over it).
    Last edited by 969_DoomsDruid_969; 10-24-2016 at 11:22 AM.

Spoiler for me:

(made a wRHG)

Reasonable CnC on one of my chars? *inserts a heresy meme here
    Jokes aside, fair dos.
    The Null Aura seems fair to me, considering the only things it really affects are telepaths and computers. If you can give me fair evidence as to a situation where it drastically affects battle, then I will change it.
    The Bjarkan (its original name, forgot to change it, will do) would only do the latter. It is meant to be vague intentions.
    The point of her was to NOT conform to an archetype. She's from another dimension. Fuck your stereotypes. At least I didn't put what she is actually like in her dimension (in it, time, space, matter, light etc. do not exist, so you can imagine the mind-fuckery there).
    Okay look at my edit. Your character's not nearly as powerful as I thought. I think you just need a little more description and organization about your abilities and weakness. As it stands, I only have a gripe about three of your character's attributes and their not big ones. Just mild tweaks. (Can someone verify if i'm being reasonable or not?)

Also, like it or not, your character fulfills the mage archetype. Tons of magical defenses and "spells" whatever you want to call them. (No offense intended. Almost everything fulfills an archetype loosely.)

My problems:
    1# That nullifier of yours is instant death to psychics or robots. Limit it to weakening psychic and robot RHGs instead of shutting their powers down completely and you'll be fine.
    2# Spear proficiency is fine. Absolute mastery for a character with that many abilities is not so much. Tone it down to very good or great proficiency with spears.
    3# Your blindness weakness. Its more of a descriptive problem, but you immediately list reasons afterwards why it isn't a problem for her. You explain why they don't completely overcome the weakness in the comments, but you should put it in the actual description as well.
    Last edited by Urako; 10-24-2016 at 11:39 AM.

I had NOT thought about the effect on robots! Thnx man! (although, if you think about it, the only psychics it really destroys are the ones with no skills in anything else. And if that is the case, they will likely be op in terms of psychic power, and then they deserve it, because then they are Alex unsealed.)
    The spear thing may be misunderstood, considering in the demo Al.ice destroys in close combat. Al.ice is actually only just about acceptable with the fused version. The two spears she is good with, but not great. She would only be savage with a single spear, which is something she rarely does, the main reason being she is trying to learn the other two and become more proficient in them. Considering the fact she is technically immortal (don't ask. No, this isn't an Alex unsealed thing.), she doesn't really give a fuck as to whether she dies because she didn't single spear.

Last bit: fair enough.

Edit: Yes, you are. Good job.

Also, she doesn't fulfil mage. Her abilities cannot be spammed for nukes, she is proficient with a weapon, and says fuck actual mages (well, psychics and mechanics). I'd say she is more of an anti-mage. And(this is for you Crank) the range will be nerfed to always being precisely 37.3ft.
    Last edited by 969_DoomsDruid_969; 10-24-2016 at 11:41 AM.

Spoiler for me:

(made a wRHG)

I had NOT thought about the effect on robots! Thnx man! (although, if you think about it, the only psychics it really destroys are the ones with no skills in anything else. And if that is the case, they will likely be op in terms of psychic power, and then they deserve it, because then they are Alex unsealed.)
    The spear thing may be misunderstood, considering in the demo Al.ice destroys in close combat. Al.ice is actually only just about acceptable with the fused version. The two spears she is good with, but not great. She would only be savage with a single spear, which is something she rarely does, the main reason being she is trying to learn the other two and become more proficient in them. Considering the fact she is technically immortal (don't ask. No, this isn't an Alex unsealed thing.), she doesn't really give a fuck as to whether she dies because she didn't single spear.

Last bit: fair enough.
    Okay. So your real problem here is description. Perhaps you'd like to organize you stuff (See other character threads for examples) a little cleaner and elaborate so people don't get confused like Crank and I did. Afterwards, you can make tweaks from there. Also yes, I would make Null Aura only weaken powers to give magic users a fighting chance.
    Last edited by Urako; 10-24-2016 at 11:45 AM.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information