StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!

Thread: Starbound: The Last Protectors by Pivot Blimp - SPAC VGP 9th

Starbound: The Last Protectors by Pivot Blimp - SPAC VGP 9th

The animation quality is top notch in this one. This may not have the action that the other entries have but those movements were just animated so well. Most new animators get the notion that what makes a good animator is animating over the top scenes but I believe it's animating everyday movements that makes an animator good because the movements are so minimal, it's harder to get the point across using subtle movements. Add that with the characters personality, which PivotBlimp managed to do quite well too, it becomes quite a task to animate.

I would give this a 10/10 and would definitely be one of my top 3's IF this didn't end so abruptly. I mean, it was animated really well and you got the mood and settings right but, you know, nothing happened. It felt pretty anti climactic and after watching, I just got the feeling of "Huh, okay" rather than "That was amazing". I think that's why your place is this low. Nonetheless, the production value in this one is impressive. I would love to collaborate with you if ever given the chance.
    Last edited by Zero; 11-01-2016 at 09:23 PM.

​_________________________________________________ _________
    ... ... ... ... ...

I like it. The atmosphere was really nice. Pretty quick ending though, maybe you should expand on this.

It's a shame it wasn't longer. I think the overall quality could have been better, but it was a nice watch overall.
    SPAC: Genesis

"Everything I've done up until now... it was all for nothing."

Thread Information