StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Risky Business [Forum Game]

Can we not do this please double d just stop you too aquila
    Spoiler for kankanmikan:

I'm simply treating you as you seem to enjoy being treated. From statements you've posted in this thread, seems like you're used to being met with adversity and instead of attempting to change you seem to have embraced being seen and treated as an outcast or as an annoyance. If you are different then I expect you to act different. However, I do admit my statement may have been a bit too brash so my apologies. I shall see to curbing my tongue in the future. Sorry for darkening the mood Ai, I'll be more mature now.

I am prepared to meet my maker.
    Whether or not he's prepared to meet me....
    well that's another matter, isn't it?
    Spoiler for Infinite Battle:

Let me make a thing clear: forum game threads aren't like the Chat Thread. Derailing the thread will be answered with getting booted at the speed of light. Any more silliness and I'll happily replace the offender with Skeletonxf
    So Doom/everyone, let's just play the game and pretend the rest of the forum doesn't exist while in here. It's here for having fun and drama shite isn't allowed in the premises.

Return of Asshat Supreme 969_DoomsDruid_969's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 969_DoomsDruid_969 View Post
    But anyway, lets have a fun, friendly game, yeah?
    Dammnit guys I already said this. Anyways, I have sent my start.
    I'm really impressed with the balance of the starts, btw. They look all REALLY good.
    Aggressive: Early power. Think Lee Sin (I was told most people here do league). Might fall off in l8 though m8.
    Defensive: L8 power. Think ADC. They will probs focus you down in order to stop you from gaining that turn 3 powahspike. But if you manage to collect SOME territory, then it kind of destroys Aggressive.
    Scientific: Mid-L8 power. Think initiator/assassin. You will likely use this for an elite-esque build with small amounts of powerful forces.

Aggressive seems the weakest, because it doesn't beat Scientific imo and it is countered by Defensive as soon as there is a powerspike. I guess that's why its called Risky Business. If you think about it, A+D will be bread and butter, meaning that there is a gamble.
    A= Shut down D before they manage to gain much territory.
    D= Survive and struggle through A's, well, aggression in order to get a sudden (fairly large imo) advantage over all other non-D players.

I am a quality shitposter(and Magnificent Bastard). You, on the other hand, are a shit-quality poster.

Spoiler for Writing Motto:

Spoiler for me:

(made a wRHG)
    (wants to join a clan for the time being)

Aggressive is potentially the strongest actually, but the other two types have large advantages as well. I'm happy with how everything's pretty balanced so far B-)
    Actually, I could correct you on basically every starting type's advantages/strategies, but your assessment is fair since I haven't even posted the map or how much gold everything costs. I'll try and do that soonish. Might be able to start in not too long if I get everyone's PMs.....

We PM you if we want aggressive, defensive, or scientific? and now that you said Aggressive is the strongest, wouldn't everyone just choose Aggressive?

Not necessarily. Aggressive is only the strongest if they capitalize on the early lead that their bonus will give them. If they can get a cheap castle nearby the center to bring reinforcements there quickly, along with potentially being the first to gain control of the center, they could run away with the game. However...

Defensive may also be the strongest. With walls around its starting territories, it's going to be extremely hard to take over and the owner could make multiple mines that could give them insane gold lategame without even needing to take the center. (I forgot to mention mines can be upgraded forever like units, while getting more expensive.)

But Scientific could also be the strongest. With a level 2 unit, they can spam nothing but that level 2 unit and be nigh unstoppable. They'll either be 2x-4x effective against everything they come across, or they'll be even against the unit type that they're weak to, until the others catch up.

All that matters is how you want to play the game. And yes you PM me your starting strats

Edit: The map and numbers have been released!

Spoiler for Fucking huge:

-Your capital will be at one of the stone tablets on the outskirts.
    -You can advance over any green line in between each circles. The only access to the center is in territories within equal reach of your neighbors.
    -Each territory will be defended by independent units that you must battle with to take them.
    -It will be possible to conquer the water as if it's a territory, but a very large number of independent units will be stationed there, making it pretty much impossible until lategame. It also won't give gold when taken--just access to all the bordering provinces.

GOLD INFO
    Territories:

-Capitals will give 400 gold a turn. Territories will give 150 gold a turn.
    -The golden center will give you 2000 gold when you take it, and 600 gold per turn afterwards.

Units:
    All units will cost 20 gold each.
    Upgrading a unit will be an expensive thing that gives huge benefits. The costs are:
    Spoiler for Unit upgrade costs:

Province Upgrades:

Castles will cost 2000 to build.
    Walls will cost 1500 to build. The cost is mitigated because of the free level upgrade to all units inside, which becomes hella cost effective at higher levels.
    Gold Mines are designed to pay for themselves in 2 turns at level 1. Each upgrade becomes less cost effective. Some tricky diminishing returns shit going on here:
    Spoiler for Mine upgrade costs:

The map will be populated with your starting units and the map's independent settlers once we begin.
    Last edited by Devour; 11-07-2016 at 09:26 PM.

Spoiler for Upgraded game map:

Didn't take too much time.
    Last edited by Vorpal; 11-07-2016 at 07:22 PM.

Why was Vorpal the guy who uploaded the map?

In a way, Aggressive, Defensive and Scientific are also like the units; rock paper scissors. Aggressive beats Defensive, Defensive beats Scientific, Scientific beats Aggressive. How so? Well, Aggressive beats Defensive in the way that it can expand a lot better thus taking more ground Defensive wouldn't be able to get, reducing it's effectiveness. I'm thinking that walls have more or less the same interaction with units whether they have more levels on them or not. Scientifics' perk is that it is able to beat Aggressive because level 2 units > level 1 units.
    Spoiler for kankanmikan:

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information