StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!

Thread: (SPAC) The Legend of Zebulon

(SPAC) The Legend of Zebulon

The Legend of Zebulon

Thank you Terkoiz and all who placed over me for making the flaws in my mindset apparent and giving me a reason to try harder. Truly ashamed that I've never put my all into an animation before. That is changing with this one. If it doesn't, I probably just quit animation lol. The odds are extremely low though, I'm getting too old for that nonsense

Main Idea/Goals

Zebulon, son of Vlayo(who has died), is now ruler of a hereditary monarch civilization in the year 3045. I kind of want this whole experience to be entirely a surprise, and see if I can properly convey the big picture through a relatively small portion of the story. There's a resistance, human population is low. Your mind can fill in the rest for now, and the animation will fill it with correct information later. The run time will probably be around 3-4 minutes, give or take. I also plan to stretch my background muscles well for this one.

Progress log

All of October : Warming up and getting back in shape.

11/1 : Began brainstorming ideas.

11/4 : Settled on this idea. Began writing background story and coming up with characters. I want this animation to be solid in every aspect.

11/6 : Began feeling out the vibe I want to go for by doing some of the main menu.

11/10 : Finally got all my schoolwork done, now back with a clearer idea on how I want the animation to feel. Began storyboard, 30 seconds in.

11/18 : I've restarted the storyboard, as I've been trying to figure out storyboarding in general to get my idea across in an effective manner. I've never worked on something over 2 minutes you know, this past week figuring that out will pay off in the long run for a better quality animation, at least that's the hope. 50 seconds in on this version

Spoiler for Screenshots:

~Best of luck to my opponents~

Last edited by PivotBlimp; 11-20-2016 at 06:52 PM.
    click for [PB] bump

HOLY SHIT BOI

*overhype intensifies*

exceld | excore
    三三三二二一二二三三三

omg this one is pretty dope!
    things getting more interesting.

Oh crap, I can sense how serious you are with this :0 Good luck, man!

wow good luck friend xD
    the only animator i know is bahijd

*Hype* ayy I've finally found you
    I believe in Jesus Christ. If your not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

I've never been more hyped for an animation before.
    I can tell this will be amazing
    GL man I'll look around here from time to time

you got this

i am very pumped for your entry

Thread Information