StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Stickpage File 578: Farukon - The Sky Guardian (wRHG Submission | Unavailable).

Food-loving Senior Member FalconX578's Avatar
    Somewhere over the rainbow and beyond the sea, A.K.A. Narnia (ah, no, did you think you'd get it?).
    Well that would make sense. Just a question, but have we ever thought of having actual ranks or something? Like if you got a certain score in the hall, you would get a certain title, and would manage to keep said title even if your score goes down? Something like that?
    I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

Information:

wRHG: Farukon.
    wRHG Test Room: The Birdcage.
    Forums/SE Username: FalconX578.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iroh
    "Follow your passion, and life will reward you." ~Iroh

Quote Originally Posted by FalconX578 View Post
    Well that would make sense. Just a question, but have we ever thought of having actual ranks or something? Like if you got a certain score in the hall, you would get a certain title, and would manage to keep said title even if your score goes down? Something like that?
    I mean, no, besides the Badges of Conquest system nobody's avidly using. But there's nothing stopping you from calling everyone with a positive Win/Loss ratio daddy.

If you got confused at how calling someone a "pizza chef" can be an insult, just say it aloud, you'll get it.)

I still don't get it. Can somebody explain?
    Violet the Bladeslinger
    The Room of Warriors

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

Somewhere over the rainbow and beyond the sea, A.K.A. Narnia (ah, no, did you think you'd get it?).
    I TOLD YOU TO NOT LOOK AT THAT!!! RHAGHH!!!
    It's just a way some of my friends from middle years ago got around cursing in school. It's like saying "Piece of shit," but in a kind of odd way. I had weird friends. I was just reminded of it from earlier events at class when a friend brought it up.
    Last edited by FalconX578; 09-08-2017 at 02:39 PM.

Information:

I TOLD YOU TO NOT LOOK AT THAT!!! RHAGHH!!!
    It's just a way some of my friends from middle years ago got around cursing in school. It's like saying "Piece of shit," but in a kind of odd way. I had weird friends. I was just reminded of it from earlier events at class when a friend brought it up.
    Okay, first, sorry. Second, i've shouted out "pizza chef" like a thousand times and still don't get it. I shouted izza chef at a bathroom and when I was shouting, I didn't realize my golf teacher, Gavin, opened the door and came in. And he was like 'what're ya doing ya' nut.'
    Violet the Bladeslinger
    The Room of Warriors

Writer
    Quote Originally Posted by Azarel
    Oh.. but what about Vern's Serra? It says that she's a B rank gladiator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon
    Honestly, that's probably something you should ask Vern himself about. Tbh I think we can use different ranks if we wanted to, I just chose to use what was in the Vague thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrome
    Checked the thread, and the exact words used were "B-tier." I think I realized why I was surprised to hear you say that about a ranking system, because I interpreted "B-tier" as more to the effect of "B-list," which may or may not be synonymous. Think celebrities. Most popular celebrities and actors and stuff that you'll think of off the top of your head get called "A-list" or celebs, because they're names everybody has usually heard of before. Ones you might've heard of before, but don't hear about all the time are usually referred to as "B-list" or "C-list." People who are "famous" but nobody really knows about get called "D-list" celebs. Obviously I'm not Vern, so I can't confirm anything on his behalf, but I'm pretty sure that's what Vern was implying about Serra -- that she's a B-list gladiator/celebrity, meaning people generally know of her, and she probably doesn't lose a whole lot if ever, but she isn't like... the definitive gladiator.
    Chrome is surprisingly accurate.

You're free to use what's in the Vague City thread. I myself never touched it or put any of my own stuff in it cause I think it's mostly spunk. Richard ranks his gladiators by sheer level of power, which is fine. It's one way of doing things, and just because you're from one power level doesn't mean you're barred from fighting people with other power levels. The way I approach it is different. The RHG corporation may have an internal adminstration ranking gladiators by power but "OP4" doesn't mean jack shit if you still lose every battle you're in. Someone who has mastered fighting with a knife will always win out against the dude who can destroy continents, but doesn't know how to. No, in my vision gladiators are ranked by one thing only: Popularity. Victories and obedience to the corporation of course help a whole lot, but are ultimately irrelevant if you steal the show every single time. They're a corporation, they're only concerned about making money and making sure that the people who make them the most bank are put centerstage.

There's effectively six tiers: The F tier, which is basically the joke tier. It's where all the gladiators with ridiculous powers go to, such as glue manipulation or the ability to turn into a tiny horse. It's basically just comedy. The rest of the tier lists works pretty much like Chrome described, D-tier is just wannabes and losers, C-tier is the unremarkable and mediocre, B-tier are the competent ones that don't quite cut it, and the A-tier are your actual celebrity-gladiators. Then there's the S-tier which is basically reserved for those handfuls that achieve 'immortality' because they're so iconic, if you need an example think FLLFFL.

Serra loses a lot. She also wins a lot. Basically she just fights a lot, but doesn't really stand out quite enough to be A-tier. The fact that she's so underwhelming is the whole point of her character.

Quote Originally Posted by Also Falcon
    As far as I know I myself and a handful of others have had quite a few ideas of implementing such a system but the issue is that there simply isn't enough activity to warrant such a thing. We couldn't implement a system more complex than the Hall simply because people either leave this place after a short while, or become incredibly inactive after a while (cue literally every single vet in the WL). I mean Lobotomizer hasn't written anything in ages and they're still on top of the leaderboard simply because nobody (barring Azure) has ever put in enough effort to rack up enough of a score to surpass them. An argument could be made for Crank, but he's instead put that effort into spars, which is laudable.

TL;DR - Good luck ever implementing a ranking system and getting enough traction to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by Azarel CS.777 View Post
    Okay, first, sorry. Second, i've shouted out "pizza chef" like a thousand times and still don't get it. I shouted izza chef at a bathroom and when I was shouting, I didn't realize my golf teacher, Gavin, opened the door and came in. And he was like 'what're ya doing ya' nut.'
    First, no, it's okay, it's just me joking around. I made that thing when I came back, and looking at it, it's pretty weird and trashy. I will rewrite it later. I think I tried to be a comedian (which I kinda succeeded, it made it look like a clown), but ultimately failed. Second, XD .

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    *Insert Vern's very long and very appreciated explanation here.*
    Okay, good to clear that up I suppose. I think I will have my gladiators go by like Rank OP 1-A, kinda like a mixture of a rank of power & skill plus your popularity ranking. So I guess Percy would be Rank G-B.

Quote Originally Posted by More Vern View Post
    As far as I know I myself and a handful of others have had quite a few ideas of implementing such a system but the issue is that there simply isn't enough activity to warrant such a thing. We couldn't implement a system more complex than the Hall simply because people either leave this place after a short while, or become incredibly inactive after a while (cue literally every single vet in the WL). I mean Lobotomizer hasn't written anything in ages and they're still on top of the leaderboard simply because nobody (barring Azure) has ever put in enough effort to rack up enough of a score to surpass them. An argument could be made for Crank, but he's instead put that effort into spars, which is laudable.

TL;DR - Good luck ever implementing a ranking system and getting enough traction to make it work.
    That makes a lot of sense, and while I've only just gotten active again like three months ago, I have noticed that inactivity issue, so I can see that being a huge hurdle. Well, who knows, maybe someone could think of something in the future, you never know.
    Last edited by FalconX578; 10-28-2017 at 10:17 AM.

Information:

Quote Originally Posted by FalconX578
    Hearth Jerome
    Quote Originally Posted by Oster
    Jerome Silver
    Oh shit.
    Last edited by Azarel CS.777; 09-09-2017 at 09:08 AM.
    Violet the Bladeslinger
    The Room of Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Azarel CS.777 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconX578
    Hearth Jerome
    Quote Originally Posted by Oster
    Jerome Silver
    Oh shit.
    Oh, Jerome is actually my plague doctor, and I made him like a hybrid of a medic and an assassin. Who knows, maybe the two will cross paths... I don't know, we will see, school is going to be busy this year, with me being in advanced classes, so I probably won't write again until the period around fall and winter break.
    Last edited by FalconX578; 09-09-2017 at 09:46 AM.

Information:

Oh, Jerome is actually my plague doctor, and I made him like a hybrid of a medic and an assassin. Who knows, maybe the two will cross paths... I don't know, we will see, school is going to be busy this year, with me being in advanced classes, so I probably won't write again until the period around fall and winter break.
    A hybrid of a medic and an assassin will be... very deadly. And BTW, it looks like you've been tied with the "chains of business". Just like me.
    Violet the Bladeslinger
    The Room of Warriors

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information