StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Stickpage File 578: Farukon - The Sky Guardian (wRHG Submission | Unavailable).

Food-loving Senior Member FalconX578's Avatar
    Somewhere over the rainbow and beyond the sea, A.K.A. Narnia (ah, no, did you think you'd get it?).
    Quote Originally Posted by Azarel CS.777 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconX578 View Post
    Oh, Jerome is actually my plague doctor, and I made him like a hybrid of a medic and an assassin. Who knows, maybe the two will cross paths... I don't know, we will see, school is going to be busy this year, with me being in advanced classes, so I probably won't write again until the period around fall and winter break.
    A hybrid of a medic and an assassin will be... very deadly. And BTW, it looks like you've been tied with the "chains of business". Just like me.
    Yeah, definitely. Also, the doctor is more better at his craft in medical magic than in assassination. He has a magic dagger and some special potions, but that is about it as far as his murdering skills. Oh, and teleportation. His appearance is like a crossover between your average plague doctor and some implemented assassin gear. You will see when my testing room comes out...
    Last edited by FalconX578; 09-09-2017 at 07:08 PM.
    I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

Information:

wRHG: Farukon.
    wRHG Test Room: The Birdcage.
    Stick Empires Username: FalconX578.
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconX578;
    "Follow your passion, and life will reward you." ~Iroh

Yeah, definitely. Also, the doctor is more better at his craft medical magic than in assassination. He has a magic dagger and some special potions, but that is about it as far as his murdering skills. Oh, and teleportation. His appearance is like a crossover between your average plague doctor and some implemented assassin gear. You will see when my testing room comes out...
    *Nods enthusiastically for five minutes before stopping, dizzy.
    Violet the Bladeslinger
    The Room of Warriors

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

Somewhere over the rainbow and beyond the sea, A.K.A. Narnia (ah, no, did you think you'd get it?).
    Quote Originally Posted by Azarel CS.777 View Post
    Yeah, definitely. Also, the doctor is more better at his in craft medical magic than in assassination. He has a magic dagger and some special potions, but that is about it as far as his murdering skills. Oh, and teleportation. His appearance is like a crossover between your average plague doctor and some implemented assassin gear. You will see when my testing room comes out...
    *Nods enthusiastically for five minutes before stopping, dizzy.
    Haha Lol XD . Oh, and also, updates (yay)! I've actually been meaning to do these in July, but I forgot lol. Anyways, here they are.

Updates:

-Fixed BB Code slip-ups, spacing errors, size problems, typos, & other small issues all around. Pretty much the whole lot.

-More descriptive all around, but more specific in certain areas.

-Put Gladiator Name in a spoiler.

-Moved Badge of Conquest to the bottom.

-Added some titles.

-More in-depth with Percy's skill with his martial arts.

-Named abilities, just for fun.

-More in-depth with Percy's powers.

-Soul bond ability, added the switch places portion. You should read that.

-Added Soul bond weakness.

-Added Eric Daas Dyson to Relations.

-Changed 22 feet restriction to 15 feet.

-Added the long awaited Erik E.

I don't care if this is enough to make this update important, but too bad .
    Last edited by FalconX578; 09-09-2017 at 07:05 PM.

Information:

Forgive for the double-post, but I am now trying that thing that Chrome mentioned with the updates.
    If you're referring to what I said on SriGraecus' thread;

Quote Originally Posted by Chromium7 View Post
    Oh hey y'know, one thing I used to do with Dante's profile when I'd add an update to it was delete whatever my last post was, then just make another post saying everything I wanted to say on it-- with the old updates from the last post, and the new updates there too. That way it still pushes your post to the top with the new updates, and you still have the old updates there for anyone who's behind on what's gone on since they last viewed the thread, but the replies section doesn't feel as cluttered because all of your posts are condensed at the bottom. It's your thread and your rules, but there's a little trick for you that not a lot of people know about.
    Then what you seem to be doing is a little bit different from what I was referencing in that particular post, which I'll be referring to as something along the lines of a "bump-post" (as opposed to a double or triple post) or "collated bumping" from here on out.

Bumping is what we call it when you make a new post on a thread that isn't pinned or stickied, thus bumping to the top of the section. That's a pretty familiar concept on forums, so I won't go into it -- if you've got questions on this, read the forum rules / ask a mod. But collation isn't a term I've heard used in this context before, so I'll explain what I mean here and now.

Merriam-Webster defines the word "collate" in two applicable ways;
    1b: to collect, compare carefully in order to verify, and often to integrate or arrange in order
    ex: collated the data for publication
    3b: to assemble in proper order; especially : to assemble in order for binding collate printed sheets
    ex: collate printed sheets

So based off that, when I talk about the collation of posts, I'm referring to either the combining of new content with older content, or vice versa into a single post -- in a similar manner to how one collating file folders would combine the contents of each file into a singular folder. Editing the main post of your thread with an adjustment to your character's powers, story, name, or what have you -- would be an example of content collation, but it would not bump your character to the top of the registry, as "collation" and "bumping" are two separate actions. Another example of collation, but not bumping, would be if you edited every post you've ever made down to the phrase 'dickcheese,' which I would not necessarily advocate in all cases.

That said, let's take a look at some dickcheese, in the form of my Active wRHG's Profile Page. As you can see, He has been placed in the Trash Can where He belongs; our generation's True King. As you can see, his profile is merely a bunch of jibberish and scratched out links, last edited sometime back in May. So as you can see, that first post, from 2012, has been collated to what I'll attest to having been far more than once, and likely far more than 20. Scroll down past Luz's Skype link, some banned kiddo's love of emo music, and you'll see that- ah fuck, I didn't even do what I was talking about doing here -- I was thinking about the test page I opened up earlier this year, then deleted off the site. Disregard the dickcheese.

But if we're talking about bump-posting, what I did for the test page (that I deleted and can't link you to) was make an update post, wait for a reply, then when no reply came and I'd updated the timeline, I'd copy the contents of the update post onto a new post with more updates, then delete the old post with the old updates that were already copied onto the new post with the new updates. If you wanted to collate your post in the way that I was trying to tell Sri he could, and that I might again at some point in the future, what you'd want to do is get rid of all posts you've made about updates to the character, then collate all of the updates onto a singular update post that you delete and repost with updates to the character or story or whatever that you can delete and repost with more updates as they come.

I'm really not here to tell people how to update or post on their own character threads though, so hopefully that's not how you interpreted that. The way you do your updates now seems fine, the way you did them before seemed fine, and the way I did them both before and on the thread I don't even really remember why I deleted were both, I guess, fine. But if you were wanting pointers or anything I mean I'm here for that, I can help, but I don't want you thinking you were doing, or are doing, anything wrong or not like I was implying exactly because frankly I don't even know what my grandpa's middle name is or how i got here

Quote Originally Posted by Chromium7 View Post
    *Long explanation*
    Well, what I meant to do was start the combining of updates with that post I made yesterday. Didn't feel like combining it with the previous post and decided to leave all of the other update ones where they were, and if someone were to post something here that I didn't need to reply to, I'd make another update post where I would
    make another post where I would again delete the older post and combine that content with the new stuff. Hope that clears up everything. Thanks though!

Information:

Forgive for the double-post (if there is one), but I am now trying that thing that Chrome mentioned with the updates.

Spoiler for Updates:

Information:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information