StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: RHG Tournament (Fighting Game)

Legendary Demon Hunter
    Hey, can I add my WRHG?

|Azarel Hephaistos Zayn|

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

Hey, this looks freakin' amazing. I'm really excited to see someone doing what I'm sure other people have been thinking about or hoping for. I'm a pro games player, I'd consider myself pretty keen on this sort of stuff, so I just have a few questions.

Spoiler for QUESTIONS:

That's all the questions I got. Keep doing what you're doing, man. If you've already answered them, just tell me and I'll search through the post until I find my answers.

edit: I'd also like to pitch my character when they pop up in the Lounge, but I'm not sure when that's gonna happen.
    Last edited by soulfood; 08-11-2017 at 09:36 AM. Reason: shameless self-plug
    wRHG: Aubrey Zima, the Pig Butcher

Anther's Ladder: soulfood

Smashboards: soulfood_

the least active stickpage member on the discord

shameless self plug: https://soundcloud.com/mound-man for bad memes

~Food Loving Member~ FalconX578's Avatar
    Somewhere over the rainbow and beyond the sea, A.K.A. Narnia (In other words, ah, no).

Stages.

Shame there's a roadblock in development. It looks really good though! I might pitch in my wRHG, but I'm kind of against it because I feel like he's not a memorable character in the wRHG universe yet. I think this game would be better off with more popular fighters unlike Percy. He's been around since December, but he's still fairly new. Anyways, I think this link can help with stages though. It's a thread of the central place most of us writers' use for our stories. There's descriptions of a lot of shops, an arena, a mega mall, and even a dojo, so if you're interested I'll leave the link to this public resource. I got the owner's permission to give it to you, so yeah here it is.

Vague City, People and Places.
    Last edited by FalconX578; 08-11-2017 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azarel CS.777 View Post
    Hey, can I add my WRHG?
    Yes. Read the front page.

Quote Originally Posted by soulfood View Post
    Is there air-blocking, or are jumps vulnerable like Street Fighter?
    There will be air-blocking similar to MvC

Is only one ground bounce per combo guaranteed, and does the same rule apply to wall bounces/wall splats?
    Ground bounces and wall bounces will be limited to 1 each per combo. Doing a second ground or wall bounce in the same combo will result in a soft knockdown and hard knockdown respectively. Crumples will be unlimited, but if someone is hit in a crumple state it'll put them airborne, and since you can only crumple grounded opponents it's technically 1 per combo.

On the subject of blocking, do you plan on implementing a pushblock system?
    There will be pushblocking. I'm not sure if I'm going to have it cost meter or not though.

Will there be a burst/combo break mechanic similar to those in most anime fighters?
    There will be a combo break mechanic like the ones in BlazBlue and Guilty Gear

Perhaps an armor/focus mechanic? Or will it vary depending on the character?
    Certain moves from certain characters will have super armor on them. Magus has a shoulder charge that has 2 hits of projectile armor for example.

Lastly, do you plan on releasing multiple builds with increased rosters and stage selections? Perhaps an arcade or a story mode?
    We're still a long way from an official release, but yeah. After the initial roster and stages are done I'll be making an arcade mode. A cinematic story mode would be much later since I'd have to animate cut scenes and such. As for the roster, my hope is that it will continue to expand indefinitely. That was the main idea behind me opening slots to anyone who wanted to pitch their character(s).

All good questions!

I'd also like to pitch my character when they pop up in the Lounge, but I'm not sure when that's gonna happen.
    No worries, take your time. Signups are always open.

Quote Originally Posted by FalconX578 View Post
    Anyways, I think this link can help with stages though. It's a thread of the central place most of us writers' use for our stories. There's descriptions of a lot of shops, an arena, a mega mall, and even a dojo, so if you're interested I'll leave the link to this public resource. I got the owner's permission to give it to you, so yeah here it is.

Vague City, People and Places.
    Thanks, that actually helps a lot
    Last edited by Grim; 08-11-2017 at 10:28 AM.

http://forums.stickpage.com/showthre...he-Pig-Butcher

Spoiler for Aubrey Zima, the Pig Butcher:

I didn't have time to compile hypothetical frame data, so I hope this is good enough.
    Last edited by soulfood; 08-14-2017 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Added: Level 3 Super
    wRHG: Aubrey Zima, the Pig Butcher

Anther's Ladder: soulfood

Smashboards: soulfood_

the least active stickpage member on the discord

shameless self plug: https://soundcloud.com/mound-man for bad memes

Don't worry about the frame data. I wouldn't expect anyone to include it without knowing the standard for a given type of move within the game. Also, I've noticed a lot of people's pitches only including 1 or 2 super moves. I just wanna reiterate that the standard will be 3 supers per person. 2 weaker ones that cost 1 bar each, and a powerful one that costs 3 or more bars. If you can't think of all three that's fine, but I just want to clarify for anyone who was leaving out ideas they had because they were under the impression every character would only have 1 super or something.

Anyway, thanks for being so detailed! He's been added to my list of characters to test.
    Last edited by Grim; 08-12-2017 at 11:40 PM.

@Grim

Added an extra super, as well as a pair of specials and another descriptor of play-style.
    My wRHG Char: The Fixer
    "oh fuck yeah, taco, you've been naughty" ~ Vorpal
    "" ~ Index

~Arch

~^^ENTER THE TUNNEL^^~

Legendary Demon Hunter
    http://forums.stickpage.com/showthre...ype-practising

You can be use that as a guide for full body chars.

And by the way, here's my WRHG:
    Spoiler for RHG File number 777: Azarel Zen, the Legendary Demon Hunter:

I copy and pasted all of this from my WRHG thread.
    Last edited by Azarel CS.777; Yesterday at 06:35 AM. Reason: Added my WRHG here, don't wanna double post.

|Azarel Hephaistos Zayn|

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaeus View Post
    @Grim

Added an extra super, as well as a pair of specials and another descriptor of play-style.
    Cool, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Azarel CS.777 View Post
    http://forums.stickpage.com/showthre...ype-practising

You can be use that as a guide for full body chars.

And by the way, here's my WRHG:
    Spoiler for RHG File number 777: Azarel Zen, the Legendary Demon Hunter:

I copy and pasted all of this from my WRHG thread.
    Added to testing list.

Tonight or tomorrow I'm gonna add a section on the main page for characters who have yet to be tested. When they receive a pass or fail grade it'll be updated there.

I'm still feeling pretty happy about Honey. <3

Spoiler for What I've Obtained:

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread Information