StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: RHG Tournament (Fighting Game)

:O

The background looks really nice (I'm a sucker for space imagery, so hey, there's bias there), but the floor texture looks a bit strange. As if some of the crevices around it didn't look exactly 3D. Plus, I can tell where the texture is split, which doesn't work when the cracks are not supposed to have a repeatable pattern. But I suppose that's part of what you meant with "almost" finished : D

Oh! I completely forgot to do the height map lol. When the game is actually running the camera is a lot closer than that and since the globe and crystals are so big in comparison to the player, the repeating pattern wasn't really noticeable to me. I probably shouldn't be lazy about it though. Thanks for pointing it out.

EDIT: Fixed it.
    Spoiler for Before:

Spoiler for After:
    Last edited by Grim; 03-26-2017 at 11:22 AM.

this looks so cool! loved those models work, can't wait to see this finished, really great Especially being solo effort.

Wow, great work on the stage. I like the space theme, as well as the overall feel. Well executed as well -- I mean, just looking at it on my laptop I would expect the same kind of graphics from a professional stage. Very well done.
    My wRHG Char: The Fixer
    "oh fuck yeah, taco, you've been naughty" ~ Vorpal
    "" ~ Index

~Arch

~^^ENTER THE TUNNEL^^~

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaeus View Post
    just looking at it on my laptop I would expect the same kind of graphics from a professional stage. Very well done.
    I think I'm still a long way off from anything resembling "professional", but thanks!

Well, I'm not animator, so I'm just talking as a consumer here. I've seen professional games grossing tons of money with hundreds of thousands of users that have worse graphics.

So, yeah. Just saying. It looks professional, so shut up and deal with it :P.
    "" ~ Index

~Arch

~^^ENTER THE TUNNEL^^~

Just a quick update:

No this isn't dead, nor am I. Finals just finished this week and after opening up my workspace and taking a look at where I left off a month ago, I realize a lot of things need a redo for multiple reasons which all stem from the fact that I rushed them in an attempt to get the 1st trailer out on time. Putting the cart before the horse and all that.

Anyway, the "plan", or lack thereof is different now. The first trailer isn't going to be a gameplay trailer anymore, it'll be a cinematic one with most of the initial planned roster in it. This way I get to finish all the models and rigs early, work on who I want whenever I want instead of just whoever has a complete model at the time, and I'll be able to get it out quicker since I wont have to worry about programming any mechanics. I'll post screenshots of the models as they come out but other than that you wont see much until the trailer is out. Anyway, that's all.

TL;DR: I was busy. Now I'm not, but the plan has changed and the wait continues.
    Last edited by Grim; 05-08-2017 at 05:50 PM.

Okay take your time, hope this can be finished!
    "I fight to defend all my love"

So, Grim, how goes it?

Any juicy tidbits for us????
    "" ~ Index

~Arch

~^^ENTER THE TUNNEL^^~

Not yet unfortunately. The engine I'm using has a massive bug now due to the latest version of Unity and it's pretty much halted development until I can either fix it myself or a Unity patch comes out. The trailer animation on the other hand, is coming along nicely. Making everyone's character/weapon models and rigs look and move perfectly just takes a while.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread Information