StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!

View Poll Results: Whose part won?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Devour's Part

14 93.33%
  • Piston's Part

1 6.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Captain Katrina vs Steam

Quote Originally Posted by Ficlles View Post
    Wow! These stories are amazing!

Unfortunately I cant give any CnC, because of the noob I am.

Both stories were spectacular. The plot was clear, and the characters really shined.

I will have to vote on Devour's part, because I felt it had more depth.

Great job to both though! *even though I have like zero experience on battles because Im too scared to challenge someone*
    Trust me Ficlles it is fun once you get the hang of it. but don't overdo it like I am right now. Find someone's character that you can write about and challenge them. It'll be fun.

You know what? I think the poll results are just a bit one sided... I know, crazy right?
    Spoiler for Stuff You Probably Don't Care About:

Spoiler for Supports:
    Am I Available For Battle? Nope

It's fine I don't mind the one sided losses and threads for almost every battle I have had. It helps me get better. -_- Mostly.

I told myself I'd C&C you and totally forgot lol, let me do that now... With how close the matches are, I think these tips may help a lot and may have been the deciding factor:

Your ideas are awesome in your part. The problem is presenting the ideas as a story. I'd try and improve your English in general; the grammar, spelling and sentence structure. Lacking these things makes it impossible for someone to get immersed in the story because they're stumbling over sentences and generally aren't able to just easily read. It's really the most important part of writing. There's also more subtle things that could be improved on, such as the flow of the story and the timing of things, but I'd have a hard time explaining that since it's something that I do unconsciously.

If this was animation, this would be like improving your drawing skills and easing and stuff. Your ideas and the story you made here was awesome. It just needs to be presented better. Work on that and you'll make a huge leap in skill.

Thanks Dev.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information