StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Writer Rankings & Badges of Conquest

Devour still around? If so, shouldn't matter
    'Sides, badges would still be a neat thing to have/use for things like clans/battles

Can that do? And my WRHG's link in my sig.
    Last edited by Azarel CS.777; 08-05-2017 at 12:36 AM.
    Azarel "Technix" Lionsmane
    The Room of Warriors

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

So... we haven't been using this a whole bunch.
    And we also have a new Hall of Warriors.
    So...

Quote Originally Posted by Devour View Post
    Going into 2017, we had a bit of a discussion on the Skype chat to create; not a replacement of the Hall of Warriors, but an improvement of the ranking system there.
    The Hall was, and presumably still is an excellent list of all the current wRHG characters. However, the wins/losses/draws/forfeits system was flawed for both new writers and people who want to improve a lot and see themselves climb higher than other people on the ranking list.
    But... now we have the newcomer board for featuring new writers, as well as a fully supported sparring system so writers who want to improve, but are fearing a loss, have the option to declare it a spar, plus a bunch of other changes that we've pretty much accepted at this point.

So where do we stand on this now? I mean I'm a fan of the whole pixel art trophy thing, but in terms of this as a point system, I haven't personally used this for that purpose (to have the points listed out in this certain way) or encountered anyone who was actively trying to do so with or without me, so I don't really know what to make of this whole system.

What do y'all think?

Food-loving Senior Member FalconX578's Avatar
    Somewhere over the rainbow and beyond the sea, AKA that Narnia place (hah, no, did you think?).
    Can we like implement the badges into the hall? Like it would be optional if you wanted to have one, but the badges would just be a nice little thing to be displayed in the hall. Could we do that?
    Last edited by FalconX578; 08-06-2017 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FalconX578 View Post
    Can we like implement the badges into the hall? Like it would be optional if you wanted to have one, but the badges would just be a nice little thing to be displayed in the hall. Could we do that?
    i'd be down lol

Quote Originally Posted by FalconX578 View Post
    *Nods head enthusiastically
    Azarel "Technix" Lionsmane
    The Room of Warriors

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

I'm up for it, sounds cool with me. Might as well post a new image since I got Abbas instead of Riley now.

There's that, two scimitars seems fitting.
    Spoiler for Stuff You Probably Don't Care About:

Spoiler for Supports:
    Am I Available For Battle? Yes! Come At Me!

Writer
    Y'all have no clue what you're asking of me here. I can tell you like this though: there will be no badges in the hall. The purpose of the hall is primarily to display each character concisely.

I had an idea, to list the totality of each individual gladiator's battles beneath their abilities in a spoiler, though putting this into practice it looked ugly, it was unintu´tive, and clogged up the hall like crazy. I don't mind the extra work, but it defeats the purpose of the hall so I can't go through with it.

If you insist on using the badges, why don't you showcase them in your respective character pages?

They look fine in battles, so I imagine it'd be fine to lay them out in clan headers too, or yeah, on the page. Not to imply I'm against them, but quotes are also a heavily unused option

Food-loving Senior Member FalconX578's Avatar
    Somewhere over the rainbow and beyond the sea, AKA that Narnia place (hah, no, did you think?).
    Yeah, okay, that's fine if we can't have 'em in the hall. It's whatever really, understandable and all that. I've put my badge on Percy's page a while ago too and it looks fine, so yeah.
    Last edited by FalconX578; 08-06-2017 at 07:16 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information