StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738 LastLast

Thread: Danganronpa: a Mafia Classroom Game | Closed indefinitely

I'm totally going to have to check this game out, sounds right up my alley!!

Quote Originally Posted by Person McPerson View Post
    Got bored of this game pretty soon and purposely starting posting shady stuff so I could lose.

Because if I just quit Hew would blacklist me or something.
    That's basically the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youwishjellyfish View Post
    One of these days I'm going to punch you right in the throat.

Got bored of this game pretty soon and purposely starting posting shady stuff so I could lose.

None of your posts were shady. The worst you did was to give up on the last day. Don't pretend you got "bored pretty soon" when you obviously just buckled when you were under fire.

hey hey hey how did i do hey hey heyyyy
    Spoiler for kankanmikan:

You did well. If I didn't fuck up with my last protect, Drizzle would have still been with us.

I knew it had to be Drizzle days before, when I got reminded I sort of panicked and chose the first name that came to mind.

Spoiler for :

Quote Originally Posted by ErrorBlender View Post
    You did well. If I didn't fuck up with my last protect, Drizzle would have still been with us.

I knew it had to be Drizzle days before, when I got reminded I sort of panicked and chose the first name that came to mind.
    Yeah about that. I have to question your last night move. Why would ever protect Alphaeus, knowing he already has a Hope Fragment. I mean, that's why you all decided to reveal your hands right?

Speaking of which though, it was a quite a bold strategy to reveal everyone's items on Day 1. But also, really stupid in hindsight. Because instantly Kuro could see who had what and therefore who not to target. I can't argue for this game though as McPerson did not really see the advantages of this and no one honestly saw the advantage in lying about having something else.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ai_ View Post
    hey hey hey how did i do hey hey heyyyy
    You didn't end the game with HAH I KNEW IT ALL ALONG so the game must be doing something right.

You broke Rule #1: Play to your win condition. You stayed onboard the whole time but you did it with the intent to get caught. Despicable and unacceptable. I might consider booting you for Game 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletonxf View Post
    Overall I just felt like I had nothing meaningful to contribute. Mostly I was trying to chat and theorise to not draw false suspicions on me that would have hurt hope - I figure just blending into the background would be quite a Kuro style move. Items and character abilities just felt so niche and mostly not useful.
    You did great. I mean, just being able to say something removes instant suspicion. However, you sort of went quiet early and I feel that made you easy fodder for the Kuro. See, if a silent player is killed off, the town has no clues. The town can bullshit whatever theory they have, and if they died there will be lots of speculations borne from it. But from your death it was a rather lackluster affair and did not move things along.

Btw I forgot to mention that Drizzle was the Aruta and his job was....okay. He got played by Smile but I feel like he waited too long before revealing his role, if at all. If he had came up with his findings, there might've been a way to discern via process of elimination. Moreover, Aruta could've lied about using his ability in favor of using an item instead (but I understand why he didn't do that---see below).

Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    Honestly I'm really disappointed that Person just ditched the game on the last Day. I admit it probably was going to be hard to get out of the hole of not undoing my Despair Bat, but it wasn't impossible and we still had a chance. Fuck, he killed Aruta. I still think he's fucking insane for going after Drizzle but he was lucky enough to actually kill him, so it's such a waste that he just ends up not even bothering to put up a fight after such a lucky break. Doctornoob was being useless the whole time and Alphaeus was straight up wrong about the Graduation Album AND was wrong about the items THAT HE HAD. If he fought tooth and nail to paint a picture about how they were the bad guys, then I wouldn't blame him even if we ended up losing. At least he would have tried.
    Agree with all of this. McPerson had it in the bag. All he had to do was give a damn as the entire room was so focused on Smile that no one noticed Alphaeus and Drizzle speculating otherwise. It hadn't occurred that maybe 1 of the 2 people who voted for him was the Aruta instead.

You had no choice but to claim Shiro. Or maybe despair student but I don't know if that would've flied. You just got unlucky in being detected early game so holding out so long was impressive. And that play with the Bat was awesome, its a good thing McPerson didn't deny it with his power. But then again, if McPerson denied it, then he would have to go with a strategy of being on the side of good, which would've made things more complicated. He could've implicated the Aruta as a "fake" who was trying to frame him. So many strategies here, wasted because he got lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    Now I'm not going to blame everything on the set-up because the reason why this game was a mess was partially because none of us played it that well except maybe one or two people and there were a lot of people who went AOL randomly throughout the game. That being said, I still think this is my least favorite mafia set-up because of how limiting it was. Mafia is more fun when you have more options available to you, and I felt throughout this game I was given a lot of tools that I couldn't really use and there were rules that limited every party's ability to act. Regardless, it was still a decent amount of fun.
    Actually.

The Set-up IS to blame. I'm sorry about what I'm going to say here but I only found out about it when we were in the middle of Day 1.

Apparently, I had missed one of the rules in the game translation. This rule could've changed the meta in hindsight. I also made the mistake of revealing what everyone's items were, having dismissed the fact that they're suppose to be hidden just because someone decided to reveal them all ingame early on. In the next game, I will resolve to not reveal what an Item that was used is (if it was used at Night only)

Anyways, this rule is: It is possible for Kuro to target himself.

Doesn't make sense now? Well just let it sink in and think about it a bit more in conjunction with the items listed. Having the ability to kill yourself would have actually added dimensions to the deduction and would have made things a little bit trickier. This also means that a dead student was possible for nomination during class trial.

In the end I have to apologize for a somewhat sloppy run. I knew this coming seeing as I had not 100% completely translated the game, but at least you guys played till the end which is more than I could ask for.

Your gripes about the role and balance choices have been noted. In the next game, I am thinking of splitting genders to form an equal roster for men and women alike. The game as it is felt like a harem.

Now I wish to ask you all if you would be up for a Game 2. I have since translated more of the game and will be adding new roles, items, and characters. Here's a little preview to some of them:

New Roles:
    ***All 3 new roles are only available in a 7p and above game.
    Turncoat - Sided with Kuro. Wins if Kuro wins AND you survive.
    Shroud - Kuro's mysterious benefactor. For as long as alive, Aruta will see Kuro as Hope. Dies, when visited by Aruta. Wins when Kuro wins.
    Shining Light - Role is revealed upon death. 3 Characters of the Player's choice get 1 Item each. Wins when Kuro dies.

New Items (preview):
    Maiden's Handbag - Anytime; if the owner is a man, he is now a woman. Draw an item.
    Muramasa - Morning; When someone negates a Kuro attack, negate that effect.
    Secrets of Omoplata (book) - Night; Instantly reveals who the Shroud is
    Tumbleweed - N/A; this item exists to be of no use

Character Preview:
    Hiyoko Saioniji (Cute), Ultimate Trad. Dancer - Beautiful Dance: A male character of your choice, loses all items in his hand.
    "Alright already...Shut up or we'll all going to die!"

Want to gauge first if anyone's up for Round 2. I'll also open signups to any new people (like Exile for example).

Oh if you want to add anything about this game, feel free.

I'm in yo

Quote Originally Posted by Hewitt View Post
    You didn't end the game with HAH I KNEW IT ALL ALONG so the game must be doing something right.
    I sense a reference to me. :P Aside from finally being proven right after being ranked as one of the two most suspicious people in the game for some reason, one of the reasons I said this is to emphasize the fact that it seems to me several of the people did a rather poor job of playing their role. Drizzle was suspected to be Aruta from early on, I (and I think a few others) suspected Person of being Kuro from early on, Smile's double deception (shoulda just stayed with claiming to be Aruta OR Shiro instead of first Shiro and THEN Aruta) made it clear what he was...

I mean, I think next round we'll all have a better feel, but I would like to remind folks that this game is about lying AND GETTING AWAY WITH IT. Not lying and getting caught in it, or just being flat out honest (unless you're a Shiro, for which there is no benefit in lying most of the time).

Anyhow, I had fun. I'm in for another round.
    My wRHG Char: The Fixer
    "oh fuck yeah, taco, you've been naughty" ~ Vorpal
    "" ~ Index

~Arch

~^^ENTER THE TUNNEL^^~

I'm in for another round
    Spoiler for quotes:

Striving to be understood

@Alphaeus Hewitt was referencing Ai's past tendencies to say something like that after every game before. Being proven right that you're the good guy after being suspicious shows nothing other than your inability to convince your team mates.

Since you don't get it, I WANTED to be killed by Person because I was investigated too early and the best help I could be to my team at that point was to add to the body count because I was going to die either way. There was no point in sticking to being Shiro or Aruta because I can very easily be disproven. Person could have also investigated me, found out I was Traitor, and lied about it to try and protect me which pretty much would make him really suspicious. All I needed to do to win was to let him live long enough, and I tried my best to do that by putting all attention on myself.

Also what's with this bullshit about you thinking Person was suspicious early on. The only time he got any heat from anyone was the last day.

Don't call out people for doing a "poor job" when you've literally fucked up way more than anyone.

Thread Information