StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738 LastLast

Thread: Danganronpa: a Mafia Classroom Game | Closed indefinitely

Hey in my defense I did lie about having an item. It's just that when you're on hope there aren't many items you can lie about having and actually benefit you in the long run.

Oh yeah sign me up for next game I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youwishjellyfish View Post
    One of these days I'm going to punch you right in the throat.

I'm sitting this one out due to school stuff. Sorry, guys. Twas fun, tho

Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    Also what's with this bullshit about you thinking Person was suspicious early on. The only time he got any heat from anyone was the last day.

Don't call out people for doing a "poor job" when you've literally fucked up way more than anyone.
    I don't know about that. He voted alongside Drizzle on the 2nd to the last day. Drizzle was Aruta but Alphaeus voted on his own because you used the bat. That wasn't random, he must've had a reason. Imo, it was a gutfeel because watching the game I would've suspected the taciturn non-contributing McPerson as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hewitt View Post
    I don't know about that. He voted alongside Drizzle on the 2nd to the last day. Drizzle was Aruta but Alphaeus voted on his own because you used the bat. That wasn't random, he must've had a reason. Imo, it was a gutfeel because watching the game I would've suspected the taciturn non-contributing McPerson as well.
    Hew's pretty much hit the nail on the head. So, I'll do my own little run-down of how I viewed things. Just because.

The big thing for me was participation -- how much and what kind. In this game, the people with the most reason to participate heavily in daytime are the Hope. That brought McPerson into my suspicions early (along with a few other folks who ended up being vindicated in my eyes later on, like DocNoob). It was rather obvious that he had something to hide, since I know Person isn't normally a flake when it comes to games.

Smile, on the other hand -- you came across to me as over-eager yet unhelpful. Like, you knew you had something to hide and were desperately trying to act like a Hope, but at the same time couldn't actually contribute anything because you were Hope.

Also, I investigated you, and said you weren't Shiro. Fair enough, you had to go into damage control. At that point in time I was just as much in question as you. In fact, people in discussion were leaning towards being suspicious of me more than you. You had played your cards well. I was going into question, and your suspicious behavior was being forgotten. This was helped by the fact I confused what items I had, making myself look like a liar.

The last minute switch you did to Aruta was lethal, however. You made your own lie, when you really didn't need to do that to be killed. In fact, a better play at that point would have been to ladle more suspicion on me. I could have been lynched instead of you at that point. After you made it so obvious you wanted to die, though, my honest was at least somewhat confirmed, and with no other front-line contenders for Kuro except Person -- particularly when my instincts were seconded by our Aruta -- that sealed his fate pretty much.

Now, EB should have made the fact that he was Monomi a bit more clear, IMO, since we could have focused that action. Then again, I seem to recall that being said sometime, so I'm not going to linger on that.

Drizzle as Aruta...I feel Drizzle didn't play the role of "leader" much one way or the other in expressing suspicious that he was feeling. Obviously he suspected or investigated Person during the night, because he voted with me on that -- enough to use his ability. That was a signal which the bloodthirsty in this game totally ignored -- another poor play.

Even after Smile being so blatant, it would have been helpful to have, in fact, kept Smile alive. After ruining his own trust levels, anything he did in the game would have only served to help Hope, or at least been ignored. Instead of following the thought process of "Why did Alph vote for Person" (admittedly rather unimportant since I had yet to say anything about my suspicions and was still considered rather suspicious myself) or more importantly "WHY DID THE MOST LIKELY ARUTA VOTE FOR PERSON AND USE HIS ABILITY AGAINST PERSON", everyone just got lynch-happen like a bunch of French Revolutionaries and killed the first offender.

I mean, everyone was learning here, so I'm not saying anything against these folks. I like everyone in this game, so don't think I'm mudslinging. Strictly talking game tactics here. I've played mafia games before -- hell, I played one or two on SP before. They were hella tough, and though I did OK, I felt lost and in danger the whole time. Like Mafia should be.

This game...I came in, and after the first night I had all my ducks in a row. If that can happen (and I think Drizzle did about the same as I did, and apparently Hew agrees to some extent), then there was some poor planning and acting going on.

I still had fun, and I want to rematch you guys now that you are used to this game.
    My wRHG Char: The Fixer
    "oh fuck yeah, taco, you've been naughty" ~ Vorpal
    "" ~ Index

~Arch

~^^ENTER THE TUNNEL^^~

I'm in for the Dangling Granpa massacre, ty Hewitt for inviting me.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaeus View Post
    Also, I investigated you, and said you weren't Shiro. Fair enough, you had to go into damage control. At that point in time I was just as much in question as you. In fact, people in discussion were leaning towards being suspicious of me more than you. You had played your cards well. I was going into question, and your suspicious behavior was being forgotten. This was helped by the fact I confused what items I had, making myself look like a liar.

The last minute switch you did to Aruta was lethal, however. You made your own lie, when you really didn't need to do that to be killed. In fact, a better play at that point would have been to ladle more suspicion on me. I could have been lynched instead of you at that point.
    There was no point in putting suspicion on you then because if I hadn't died that night, I was going to use the bat no matter what. My priority was to distance myself from McPerson, and if he did investigate me that night and lied about it during the day to cover for me then I don't know how we could've gotten out of it. I didn't know what he was going to do, so I had to assume that he'd do the worst possible thing. I expected to die on trial if I used the bat, so might as well cause confusion and lie about being Aruta as well, maybe Person would realize that I want him to kill me. If I didn't switch to Aruta, and then I later on used the Despair Bat, nothing would have changed. I don't want to suck my own cock, but as a mafia without the ability to communicate with my teammate (who is a fucking twat to begin with) nor the ability to have a say on who was to die, I think I did well enough.

I guess yeah you did guess correctly about Person in the trial, my b.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaeus View Post
    After you made it so obvious you wanted to die, though, my honest was at least somewhat confirmed, and with no other front-line contenders for Kuro except Person -- particularly when my instincts were seconded by our Aruta -- that sealed his fate pretty much.
    His fate wasn't sealed the last day. You were pretty much the next in line, and it wasn't impossible to paint you as a Kuro. If he just put up a fight then it could've gone either way.

BTW Hewitt can we discuss the policy about ties happening next round? I think it'd be better if ties were resolved by having the players vote for someone else, because this would force the players to agree on who to vote for and thus generate more conversation. Coin toss is gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    BTW Hewitt can we discuss the policy about ties happening next round? I think it'd be better if ties were resolved by having the players vote for someone else, because this would force the players to agree on who to vote for and thus generate more conversation. Coin toss is gay.
    Idk.

Like, IMO forcing them to vote for someone else is really a bad idea. What if the one team has picked the Kuro, and the traitors have used an ability and tied them by picking Aruta. So, we've got a decision that makes or breaks the win. Forcing them to vote for other people would give Kuro a free run to victory since he would then be out of the options, even if we knew 100% that he was Kuro and didn't WANT to kill anyone else.

Maybe not coin toss, but...idk. SOMETHING.
    My wRHG Char: The Fixer
    "oh fuck yeah, taco, you've been naughty" ~ Vorpal
    "" ~ Index

~Arch

~^^ENTER THE TUNNEL^^~

U right but I just kind of feel like if that were to ever happen then the traitors did their jobs and deserve the win. It's hard to be a traitor

Honestly, the game shouldn't even last till the last day. Thanks to Smile who literally carried the entire game, the game felt closer than it should've ever been. After knowing that there were only 2 despair students (And 1 of them is literally useless), and that we have a monomi, the fact that we would have lost if they have a more competent kuro disappoints me. I feel like no one was really interested in playing the game other than Ai and Smile throughout the entire game. We would've have made it way easier if more of us actually contributes more and pays close attention to little details in the game.

I already felt suspicious on Mcperson ever since the first night attack, and that he stayed quiet for literally the whole game. But to think that he literally threw the game away for the despair side is just disppointing. Smile even spoonfed you like the entire game, the only thing left for you to do is just to fight a winning game on the last day. But since it's McPerson so I wouldn't be surprised of the outcome. Like what's funnier is that I would have still died anyway even if I am not the aruta since he purposely just want to attack me based on personal grudges, and that he's lucky to strike the aruta of the game.

But honestly though, I don't want him in your game anymore. I am pretty sure if me or anyone happened to be in the same team with him with him again he would have ended up throwing the game away and disapoints them again, like what he did to Smile this game.

I don't know about coming out early as aruta is supposed to be a good thing though. Since I knew for sure that once I came out as the aruta, obviously the traitor would as well claim to be 1, since it's pretty much the role's main purpose. And the fact that even when I claimed skele as hope it doesn't really give out anything since any fake aruta can do the same, and that skele weren't really contributing anything throughout the whole game anyway. But to think that it was smile who stepped up kinda worried and relieved me at the same time.
    Last edited by Drizzle; 02-17-2017 at 06:38 PM.
    Yo yo yo, wassup, my name is R-Dizzle-Fo-Shizzle-My-Nizzle-Off-Da-Hizzle...Drizzle and check out my "Off Da Hizzle" Youtube Channel.
    Spoiler for SE stuff:

Yes yes, this McPerson is really uncouth. I will kick him out officially and blacklist him for griefing on purpose and unnecessarily extending the game.

Signups for Game 2 will be open later. Sadly Exile has refused to join, so we may start smaller. But I wish we could get at least 9 people so the kill quota will be 3 instead of 2

Thread Information