StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Hero Hybrids Event! (Stage 2: Round 1 Battles Due March 6th)

Well I'm not posting my story until Crank finishes his and let's me know he's finished so I can super-quickly finish up mine so we can post them both together so..

Heh, well I'm off the 28th, so I might just live at my computer that day. Assuming I don't scrap everything. AGAIN.

Haha, yeah. Feeling you on the redrafts. The things we're trying to make mix with this, even with our matchup, which honestly isn't even that far-fetched, are just hard to really fit together in a way that feels satisfying on all levels- or a satisfactory amount of levels- after it's on paper the first go round. I mean if it were a normal battle, yeah- I mean you take your guy and you fight the other guy, who you may not know too well, but you can work around and power through to make a story that works to fit YOUR GUY- or girl, whichever it is, Crank and I both have guys so going with that here. But with this, I mean, it's not my guy, really, it's my mish-mashing of two other people's guys- versus Crank's mishmashing of two other people's girls, with side characters and settings we're making up on the spot. You'll- or I'll- I've think/thought it makes(d?) sense, then realize just how wrong I might now have decided I am. Y'know?

I mean if we really push it I can get something to vote on where a battle takes place- like an "and so Chance killed the bitch with his mighty blood sword" type story- just a complete... mess, really, in my eyes- but that isn't really what I was here to do I thought, lol. But I haven't got to the actual fight yet and the due date's coming up, so if we're getting technical then I mean yeah, that's on me, that's on Crank, that's on whoever else and I'll take a forfeit or post a story that isn't ready to actually happen if it comes to it, my question- which I guess is more of a rhetorical one- is is it really coming to that already?

I mean, the answer's totally probably yes still, and should probably likely still be, but.. sucks, man. Is what it is and it sucks. Dan especially is pretty bad but the rest of you are all probably tolerably decent or better.

Banter.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromium7 View Post
    Dan especially is pretty bad but the rest of you are all probably tolerably decent or better.
    Don't make me uncut when Chance gets pee splashed in his face
    Last edited by Crank; 02-26-2017 at 09:45 PM.

Hey all, my submission may be a little late. I'm having a little trouble writing about connection between Max and Handy; their interactions are not sounding very genuine. I'm basically two quarters of the way into the story :P, but I write fast, so maybe, if I get my priorities straight today...I may have a little more time to pay attention to it.

Need Help With Your wRHG? Send me a Private Message and I'll see what I can do!

"A successful writer is one that can fully immerse readers within their world."

Any and all of my wRHGs have left this site. They will return when (and if) the forum returns to life.

So, guys, just an update:

Since IRL has been slamming me (in case anyone noticed my obvious absence as of late), and since most of you are struggling, I'm comfortable moving the due date back to around the 6th. I'll post the battle thread on Friday, you guys post when you can. Once everyone's battles are in I'll open up a series of polls. Thing's will be a bit pushed back, but I'd rather have you guys be able to finish then be on time without good material.

Keep up the good work!
    My wRHG Canon: The Remarkable Life of Altaer
    "oh fuck yeah, taco, you've been naughty" ~ Vorpal
    "" ~ Index
    Spoiler for More stuff:

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Here's how to post your battles:

1) Choose which one of you will submit it

2) The person submitting will make a battle thread (as normal, except with 2 weeks for the poll time) in the battle section, except they will add "Hero Hybrids" to the title.

3) The person submitting will copy the url for their battle thread, and post it in the Hero Hybrids battle thread (NOT this thread...you will see the HeroHybrids Tournament Round 1 thread above this).
    My wRHG Canon: The Remarkable Life of Altaer
    "oh fuck yeah, taco, you've been naughty" ~ Vorpal
    "" ~ Index
    Spoiler for More stuff:

Aaaaaand time to stop procrastinating. Dammit

Anyone have any idea what's going on with the other six stories?

i have my suspicions

Thread Information