StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: my own mmo....making fun of toontown and runescape

spart@n

my own mmo....making fun of toontown and runescape

i just made a demo with a server i downloaded a month ago..... try it out.... lots of glitches. http://www.swfup.com/file/42993

spart@n
    that was what i was goin for.

spart@n
    did you figure out the secrets i hid in it?

Or maybe thanks after all
    That ****ing sucked.

And the fact that you want us to believe it is a MMO is absolutely stupid.

spart@n
    decompile the .fla file and look at the actionscripting... it connects to a server and i tested it on two computers and you can see each other

Quote Originally Posted by spart@n View Post
    decompile the .fla file and look at the actionscripting... it connects to a server and i tested it on two computers and you can see each other
    Oh really? How come it doesn't need synching, and how come you were able to make a server that would run without any lag? Something that is specially weird, since I live in Venezuela, which is far, far from where you live.

And what is this server you downloaded? If you're doing your own game, how come you didn't do the serverside scripts?

Face it. You probably don't know anything about the TCP/IP protocol, or XML, or MySQL, or even the basics of the internet. Things that, by the way, you need to know extensively for an MMO.

And if you want to show me that it is an MMO, then just go on the "Town" land and say "Hello Big Bang, this is my MMO".

spart@n
    i downloaded a smartfox lite server and took a few lessons on creating mmos. i used c++ as the server side language.
    http://www.actionscript.org/resource...MMO/Page1.html

that's where i got some of the C++ coding i needed.... you pissed me off pretty bad. asshole.
    i didn't put a chat service in it. so i couldn't go and say "hello big bang, this is my MMO"
    **** you. and shit man.... cool off.

Quote Originally Posted by spart@n View Post
    i downloaded a smartfox lite server and took a few lessons on creating mmos. i used c++ as the server side language.
    http://www.actionscript.org/resource...MMO/Page1.html

that's where i got some of the C++ coding i needed.... you pissed me off pretty bad. asshole.
    i didn't put a chat service in it. so i couldn't go and say "hello big bang, this is my MMO"
    **** you. and shit man.... cool off.
    So you used C++, an entirely CLIENTSIDE script to do a server? In the tutorial it even says it, he used an XML socket to connect to this C++ server. For your information, C++ is a controller language, it doesn't have a single networked function.

Prove me this, how many variables is each client sending? That should be easy to respond as after all, you made the server thing entirely on your own because you're an oh so godly programmer.

All I see is an NPC pretending to be a person...
    thanks < Power_Fuse0
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifts View Post
    ...the only criticism i would have is that Xelectriod should be hit with more impact...

who are you?

im a mage

i love this game

bye

5 seconds later

who are you?

im a mage

i love this game

bye

repeat forever

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information