StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: the political compass test

Quote Originally Posted by Devour View Post
    I'm seeing a trend here...

Trend broken.
    My wRHG Char: The Fixer
    "oh fuck yeah, taco, you've been naughty" ~ Vorpal
    "" ~ Index

~Arch

~^^ENTER THE TUNNEL^^~

dinosaurs are cool Person McPerson's Avatar
    So quick recap...
    Red Box - Index
    Blue Box - Alphaeus
    Green Box - Person, Salt, Devour, Vorpal, Smile, Scarecrow
    Purple Box - Nobody... yet
    Center - Zero (leaning green), Arch (leaning purple)
    Overlapping - TheSwain (red/blue), Devi (green/red)
    Last edited by Person McPerson; 02-03-2017 at 04:37 PM.

yes, anyone who has read through the thread so far can deduce that
    SPAC: Genesis

"Everything I've done up until now... it was all for nothing."

This is clearly just leftist propaganda trying to indoctrinate our children through mass popularity of opinion. I vote we trash this anti-trump propaganda thread.

also

I do want to point out that I would count as a nazi in sweden if people found out that I wasn't extreme left.

dinosaurs are cool Person McPerson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
    yes, anyone who has read through the thread so far can deduce that
    True, but then you won't have to look through all the pages.

Vorpal takes the test, uncut.

Are we sure this test isn't rigged to make people lean left? I mean some of those questions were such no-brainers, I fear what anyone getting far right must've said to get that score.

My honest score:

Like on the question "In criminal justice, punishment should be more important than rehabilitation" if you entered agree or strongly agree, then you're an idiot.
    Or "What's good for the most successful corporations is always, ultimately, good for all of us" if you answered strongly agree or agree, then you're a fucking moron.
    Or "You cannot be moral without being religious" if you answered agree or strongly agree to this, you're actually retarded.

Sorry if this triggers some people, I don't have any political affiliation. It just seems like they selected such pants-shittingly obvious questions, how could you end up far right? I'm willing to be brutally honest about this.

My dishonest score:

As you can see, I end up far right when I endeavor to answer things like a gullible, bigoted, naive jackass. I literally had to try to get this far right, I had to say strongly agree to shit like "It is important that my child's school instills religious values" as badly as that makes me want to cringe.
    Not only that, but to end up deep in the authoritarian side of things, you have to answer like a complete sheep instead of someone with actual trust in our system I feel like.

It's a scary idea that people could be honestly answering these questions in a way that gives them a far right/authoritarian perspective. Seriously if you scored deep blue, just quit life. Sorry alphaeus/not sorry.
    Last edited by Vorpal; 02-02-2017 at 11:11 AM.

I had taken a similar test to this before and it's said that I was more right leaning but still libertarian. The questions feel too closed in my opinion and doesn't explore the full range of discussion either side of the spectrum could have.

Here's the quiz that I took
    http://www.gotoquiz.com/politics/pol...trum-quiz.html

EDIT: I did some more looking into it and decided to do the test again but strongly disagreeing with everything.

it gave this result
    https://www.politicalcompass.org/ana...=0.0&soc=-4.36

Did it again but this time strong agreeing to everything.
    https://www.politicalcompass.org/ana...c=0.0&soc=4.36

Dunno what it means, just seems weird to me.
    Last edited by devi; 02-02-2017 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by devi View Post
    I had taken a similar test to this before and it's said that I was more right leaning but still libertarian. The questions feel too closed in my opinion and doesn't explore the full range of discussion either side of the spectrum could have.

Here's the quiz that I took
    http://www.gotoquiz.com/politics/pol...trum-quiz.html

EDIT: I did some more looking into it and decided to do the test again but strongly disagreeing with everything.

it gave this result
    https://www.politicalcompass.org/ana...=0.0&soc=-4.36

Did it again but this time strong agreeing to everything.
    https://www.politicalcompass.org/ana...c=0.0&soc=4.36

Dunno what it means, just seems weird to me.
    I definitely agree that these questions are too closed off, it feels like a bit of shoehorning to me. Like they've painted a stereotype for each side and try to get you to fit into it based on your answers.

"No one chooses his or her country of birth, so it's foolish to be proud of it."

Just look at the wording here, it's very manipulative. If you agree, you're agreeing to two statements. If you disagree you're saying it's not foolish to be proud of your country...but that people do choose their country of birth?
    This is fucked up.

But this is politics we're talking about here, so that much should go without saying I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    This is pretty much how I feel. I know I'm more right than the first box, and I know I'm more libertarian than for the man. I don't think there were enough questions to really get an accurate readout. Some of them are a bit crazy. I will say on the prison one, I think I can see why they put it in there because while sure ideally you want to rehabilitate people, they still fucked up and broke the law and should be punished. I also feel like plucking them from society and sending them off to waste years of their life, in most cases the best years, is more of a punishment than anything that happens in prison. I feel like people that would disagree are the ones for privatized prisons where they only give a shit about a head count and not about the people who they're sending back to society.

But like I've been saying, Alph is the most interesting man in the world, so the fact that he's in the blue is not surprise.
    SPAC: Genesis

"Everything I've done up until now... it was all for nothing."

Arch, your homoness for Alph is showing.

I do think having a debate about the prioritization between Punishment and Rehabilitation is an interesting thing to talk about. Both sides are good in their own right and both are important, but as with most things, the overuse of one will end up making things worse. I decided to just choose agree on that prioritization one (since it doesn't have neutral, because your either with or against as fucking usual), but I strongly believe you have to have both for criminals to learn and leave the shit hole that prisons can be. What do you think Vorpal?

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    But this is politics we're talking about here, so that much should go without saying I guess.
    When was the last time politics wasn't fucked up? haha
    Last edited by devi; 02-02-2017 at 12:51 PM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information