StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!

Thread: How do you go about making longer RHG battles?

Woopsy daisy! You missed! FluttershyKnife's Avatar

How do you go about making longer RHG battles?

Hi, was wondering how do you go about making a longer-than-usual RHG battle (such as c3whiterose's, resh's (umbrella) and guildedguys' anims). Cuz' those things go for about 2-4 minutes and take ages of animating. If I wanted to battle someone, but make my animation look more refine and exciting and add extra effects n make it look fabulous, how do i do that? I'm not sure if you have to make a longer deadline or sumtin.

Anyway, please help explain to me as simple as possible (cuz im new here and dont know how things really work yet)

Thanks for your help!
    --FluttershyKnife

That is way too broad a question, what you are actually looking for are tutorials to improve your animation. Take a look here first for what you are looking for http://forums.stickpage.com/forumdis...nity-Tutorials, maybe even google it, or simply ask a member here for some help

To give a tip for making 2+ minute long animations; storyboard it. Draw out every scene that you will animate, don't forget to brainstorm. You don't want to end up having to change a part you have already animated because you changed your mind. It'll also help with animating, since you'll have a clearer idea of what you are trying to create. I dunno what your skill level is, but do be sure to make sure you have the basics of animation down by doing a few practices before you take on such a big project.

I have been animating for 3 years now, and I think my skill level is pretty decent (you be the judge https://youtu.be/qYC6PPpsMqI). I'm sorry for confusing you I meant how do you organise it with somebody. Not how to animate it. So I saw animations fighting another RHG for a full 2 minutes, like Umbrella vs Alfa and I know something like that would've taken months, but (correct me if this is wrong) I thought you had I make an animation within 2 days or something. But I want to make something long and take my time, so do i discuss with my opponent an extended due date or do I just ask them if I can make a long video with thier Rhg without a due date.

Anyway thanks for your reply,
    FluttershyKnife

PS sorry if there are any typos or grammar errors, I'm typing on a phone lol
    Last edited by FluttershyKnife; 02-06-2017 at 09:01 AM.

Who the fuck told you that people had to make a 2 minute animation in two days lol If you are fighting someone then you discuss with them the length of time you both have to work on it. Just PM them here on stickpage, maybe ask them for their Skype or discord and talk it out so you both know exactly how long the both of you have.

You are asking about two different things. A battle is a full fledged competition between two animators' RHGs where the winner gets a point of victory. If you want to make a long video featuring their RHG, it's usually fine since it can act like fan art, but do ask for permission first.

Ok, I think I got it thanks!

Since you're confident of your skill level, all you really need to do now is assess whether the deadline you set is enough for you or not.

Only you can answer this question because only you know your own capabilities and time management. Schedule it out and see for yourself. If you want to create decent lengthy animations, then expect triple the effort.

​_________________________________________________ _________
    ... ... ... ... ...

Thread Information