StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: New player looking for some general advice

New player looking for some general advice

Hi, I just started playing a couple days ago, and I was looking around the forums. I taught myself how to kite, and I can't believe how helpful that has been (I get the feeling I am the only one below 1300 who looked at the forums). Now, I have two more questions. First, I would like to know how to pressure once my opponent gets a castle archer. Those things are so annoying, I feel like I can't do anything once they get one. Second, what should I get first, miner hustle or passive gold? If anyone has any other tips, please help.

You can kite on your own? Impressive. If your opponent gets castle archer, all you have to do is get a spearton to absorb that damage, put him in front then attack him with your other units. I suggest getting miner hustle first, but do get passive income after that (all three of them).
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    I CANT BEAT WALLS WITH SPEAR MASS SO I'M GONNA GO ON THE FORUMS AND SPAM IN ALL CAPS THAT THEY SHOULD BE NERFED HKASJDFLASDNJK
    Quote Originally Posted by alternate View Post
    Ase, it seems lately, you are trying to get the new name of ASSplayer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletonxf View Post
    I you speak coherent English I could try to help you

To clarify have the spear in a corner, and send it in first so the castle archer targets it first. Though if you want to protect another unit you can position a/the spear in front of it afterwards. Be wary of splash damage.

It just doesn't matter! Phaxtolgia's Avatar
    Go for Miner rush. It speeds up the miner's movement speed so it takes less time for you to get gold. After that max out passive income for further economy boost.

YouTube | RHG: Dice Izan | My DeviantArt
    My Stick Empire Username: YXTerrYXT, Code: 409

Dafug is miner rush lol. If you mean hustle, I already told him what to do. Also, get the spearton upgrades and fire arrows for archers.
    @kaito That's a bit advanced, I think it's best to demonstrate with a replay.
    I CANT BEAT WALLS WITH SPEAR MASS SO I'M GONNA GO ON THE FORUMS AND SPAM IN ALL CAPS THAT THEY SHOULD BE NERFED HKASJDFLASDNJK

It just doesn't matter! Phaxtolgia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nutsophast View Post
    Dafug is miner rush lol. If you mean hustle, I already told him what to do. Also, get the spearton upgrades and fire arrows for archers.
    @kaito That's a bit advanced, I think it's best to demonstrate with a replay.
    I haven't played the game in a while alright lol.

YouTube | RHG: Dice Izan | My DeviantArt
    My Stick Empire Username: YXTerrYXT, Code: 409

Thanks for the advice, I am very curious about how that spear thing works. If someone can send a replay I would love to see it. Also, what is the most efficient way to get through a miner wall?

Oh, and also, the reason I picked up kiting so easily is because there is a very similar concept in LoL which I have gotten pretty good at. I doubt I could have figured it out so fast otherwise :P
    Last edited by SwaggyBottom; 02-19-2016 at 06:07 AM.

Well, I don't have an example of my own, but the technique is showcased here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLXOBhnL7is Go to the 3:25 mark and see what happens. As the clip progresses you can see the he moves the spearton back, I know it's a bit hard to see with the fancy editing but I'm sure you're sharp enough to see . If you pay close attention you can also see the castle archer arrows shooting at it.

I'll also try to explain in words.

The castle archer hits the first thing it targets. You want to make sure it hits the spearton. Once it starts shooting the spearton, you put the spearton in some bizarre place that is far from your other units, like the top of the map. You do this to ensure that the arrows are far away from your other soldiers and to nullify the splash damage.

The idea is that the arrows are still hitting the spearton, if you move the spearton you move where the archer shoots. You have to make sure the castle archer hits your spearton first though. Once he's in position, toggle on his shield wall ability, it blocks 40% of incoming damage and makes him quite tanky.

If you still don't understand I'll send you a replay when I can.

A Stick Empires Player AsePlayer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SwaggyBottom View Post
    Hi, I just started playing a couple days ago, and I was looking around the forums. I taught myself how to kite, and I can't believe how helpful that has been (I get the feeling I am the only one below 1300 who looked at the forums). Now, I have two more questions. First, I would like to know how to pressure once my opponent gets a castle archer. Those things are so annoying, I feel like I can't do anything once they get one. Second, what should I get first, miner hustle or passive gold? If anyone has any other tips, please help.
    Don't use elementals.

Great help ase, totally relevant.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information