StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!

Thread: crimsonViper's Demo#1

crimsonViper's Demo#1

Made my demo first before anything. This is not the final animation since it lacks a few things.
    Will add some effects, V-Cam, and fix that damn sound quality I can't seem to fix whatever I do. darn it.
    I'm thinking of switching to line tool. Here I'm just practicing easing/anticipation and stuff like that.

Tell me what you guys think Might consider it in future animations

http://www.fastswf.com/I7LkHHg

He's based on my previous 'caveman' personality (which I no longer do, thanks to Devour. haha. love you man).

I actually like it. There is a lot of things right with this animation, but as you said there are things that it's lacking.

Fluidity is one of them, need to try to creatively think of getting from one awkward sequence to another, without the classic 'well he can just blur shift there'.

Vcam will help, but might emphasize the 'brush' style of the animation.

Nice job.
    Things are going to change.

+1 post

Quote Originally Posted by power fuse0 View Post
    but as you said there are things that it's lacking.

Fluidity is one of them, need to try to creatively think of getting from one awkward sequence to another, without the classic 'well he can just blur shift there'.

Nice job.
    THAT'S exactly what I was thinking the whole time I was animating; "Man, I need someone to write me a story, or at least a fight choreo." I just animated what came into mind focusing on showcasing C.V.'s weapons (stone and club). I will write a script next time before I start animating.

Vcam will help, but might emphasize the 'brush' style of the animation.
    that's why I'm planning on switching to line tool

Nice job.
    Thanks buddy ^_^ appreciate your CnC. I hope we can work together in the future.

That was amazing for a first! I'm really digging this style, I suggest you continue with it because it really identifies with you. Plus, I'd also say that if you can, try to continue using brush because the curves and jaggedness bring out the caveman feeling of the character. I also see you're already good at animating various angles. Nice work!
    The character on the whole is interesting due to his minimalism and the humor.

Cnc would be to work more on your 'getting up' animation. That seemed odd and robotic. Maybe try to add more elements like - placing the hands on ground and then pushing up. Also, the 'getting hit' when the black stickman is standing could use some polishing.
    (PS: You could try searching up fonts that match a caveman's handwriting as it will make the animation look more professional! Oh the irony :P)

If our clan (Toxigen) wasn't filled already, I would've totally recommended you! :)
    Keep 'em coming.
    •Meet Agmus Flames•

Quote Originally Posted by S.A. View Post
    That was amazing for a first! I'm really digging this style, I suggest you continue with it because it really identifies with you.
    Thanks so much. I'm flattered :3 I really watched like A TON of animating tutorials before I went to start. Really like a ton. But of all the tutorials I watched, there were 2 I really profited from. KidKei's and steel_cold's. I hope they will noticed this post so I can say thank you ^_^

Cnc would be to work more on your 'getting up' animation. That seemed odd and robotic. Maybe try to add more elements like - placing the hands on ground and then pushing up. Also, the 'getting hit' when the black stickman is standing could use some polishing.
    Forgot about the hands. I didn't act that one out so I forgot to animate it :P I usually act the move myself before I animate it so I have an idea how it will look.

If our clan (Toxigen) wasn't filled already, I would've totally recommended you!
    Keep 'em coming.
    Meh, I don't think I'm up for that. I might not be able to keep up with the veterans

Thank you so much S.A. I really appreciate both the feedback and CnC ^_^ gives me motivation to make more. I may even go for fullbody in the future :P when I think I'm ready that is

Quote Originally Posted by theCrimsonViper View Post
    Thanks so much. I'm flattered :3 I really watched like A TON of animating tutorials before I went to start. Really like a ton. But of all the tutorials I watched, there were 2 I really profited from. KidKei's and steel_cold's. I hope they will noticed this post so I can say thank you ^_^
    That's great! Preparation is half the work done!
    You seem to be more than interested in animating, planning to take it as a profession any time in the future?
    Plus, thanks for the info on tutorials! Will make a note to check them both out.

Forgot about the hands. I didn't act that one out so I forgot to animate it :P I usually act the move myself before I animate it so I have an idea how it will look.
    Yeah that's a great way to get an idea of how to go about animating certain actions. Good going!

Meh, I don't think I'm up for that. I might not be able to keep up with the veterans
    What if I told you that you animate better than me? Yups, and I'm the co-leader there, so that just means you have a bigger and better chance at gaining a top position anywhere! (Who knows, you can even create your own Clan and it would be a hit!)
    Also, patience and consistency are the other two major factors when it comes to being a better animator, apart from animating skills itself. And judging from what you said earlier, you clearly possess both!

Thank you so much S.A. I really appreciate both the feedback and CnC ^_^ gives me motivation to make more. I may even go for fullbody in the future :P when I think I'm ready that is
    Anytime! And try fullbody right away. At least experiment with it, you'll get an idea of whether you click with it or not. If you do, then that could be a start to something amazing!
    •Meet Agmus Flames•

that's some hot stuff,but yeah,it's lacking a bit
    fuidity:there's too much stop-and-go which reduces the pace of the anim
    wobblyness:the smoothing of the brush toolis too high,lower it down a bit please.
    other than that it's some nice stuff

kys hahahhahha xdd :/
    BurntSticks|FrameByFrame|RHG|DeviantArt|Toxigen

Spoiler for shit fuck:

Thank you so much for the CnC guys. Now I'm planning on making my Demo#2 with all these suggestions thank youuuuuuu

Thread Information