StickPage Winter Animation Competition - Discovery Gone Wrong - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Winter Animation Competition - Survival - WINNERS LIST POSTED!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gauntlet of Champions v3 | Room 3: Changeling

We need to actually work together to kill this thing, or it may heal forever. I was hoping to get some actual conversation going before I sent in my PM or I would have done so yesterday...

Uncoordinated, random attack order and attack damage will mean killing the Kobold will not happen, except through blind luck. Unless some of us attack for a low damage value, the Kobold will heal for how much damage it took forever and it will never die. Not only that, but we have to do this in order:
    player 1: 50
    player 2: 0,
    player 3: 50,
    player 4: 0,
    player 5: 60,
    player 6: 0

is the minimum for killing the thing this turn.
    Risque

Ok, so we need to have a second player to bait the kobold (as in, no damage but quicker) because I might take it down to half HP

Unfortunately we only have 5 unique speeds to choose from and 6 of us to want to attack, so there will have to be at least one collision where two of us put forward the same speed. Therefore we can't do alternating 0/50 because even if we all collaborate on speeds we don't have enough to choose from.

We could actually try to go for a unique speed each then use Re-Formation if we get unlucky with the 0/50 on the speed clash however I don't think it'll be worth it when it will barely hit us back. We could have 2 players land a 50 and make sure that those attacks are the first and third then everyone else attack for 5 and repeat kill it the turn after.
    Last edited by Skeletonxf; 03-17-2017 at 05:21 PM.
    Spoiler for quotes:

Striving to be understood

Hmm... Maybe 2 of us could go for speed 1 and hope for some damage dealt to the boss

I almost feel like Hewitt just forgot to make 6 speeds with 6 players.

2 people going for speed 1 would guarantee that it takes a hit and then heals for however much the 2nd player hit it for anyways...
    Risque

Nope. It's still gonna be 5 speeds even if it was 3 or 4 players. With fewer players the monsters' HP would scale far less. So it balances out in the end. A full house of 6 just means there's enough for everyone to outright kill a monster if they're really selfish.

I'll go first and just suck up the damage for the team for now.

Somebody's gotta make that choice. What I really feel bad for is person number two, who takes damage without dealing any :P.
    My wRHG Char: The Fixer
    "" ~ Index

~Arch

Good pick. I've went Speed 3 doing 40 damage.
    Risque

Well, I'm pretty sure I'm doing 90 damage (double attack) at speed 4

I'll go speed 2 and 5 damage then.
    Last edited by Skeletonxf; 03-18-2017 at 02:24 PM.
    Spoiler for quotes:

Striving to be understood

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information