StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Winter Animation Competition - Survival - WINNERS LIST POSTED!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Lion of Palestine

I mean, it's a cool nickname, so long as you're aware that it would raise red flags if someone spoke the language. Like, if I was in China going by The Squirrel (dammit phone, I trusted you) of Harper Woods, whoever speaks English is going to be looking at me like "Alright, but who are you really?"

Ahhh, I get it. Thanks for bringing that up. Well, it's the name he chose. So his name, Abbas, just means Lion, I've heard of people named lion. Abbas would probably just introduce himself as Abbas.

(My Triad of Characters Is Complete!)
    Spoiler for Supports:
    wRHG: The Lion of Palestine
    Am I Available For Battle? Nope! Not at all... The life of an author never stops...

Quote Originally Posted by Urako View Post
    You know what, I take back everything I have ever said about "normal human weaknesses" but I feel it is only fair to warn you about my logic;

Normal human weakness = glass cannon.

Almost every gladiator can withstand beatings in combat that would normally kill people in just a few hits. Derrick's staff for example could literally beat someone to death in two or three strikes without firing or using a single kinetic charge if this were real life and he was just a normal human. The same thing goes for most weapons like the a club or an ordinary baseball bat.

I don't why i'm choosing to say this here but I guess it's because you recently asked me to say what I thought about the character and that weakness just keeps coming up. It's also because I PMed a response and I would have PMed this followup, but I think this logic is sound and wanted to share it.
    See, I don't really agree with this. Normal humans are fucking badass tough-as-nails endurance freaks of the natural world. We can put up with more punishment than just about any other creature and keep on kickin'. Modern society might not be a good measure of this, when half of western folks are these plush AF ninnies who think that Gold's Gym membership actually make them tough. You meet someone who actually does hard labor for a living, or who is a devoted outdoorsman, and there is a toughness there that is perfectly in keeping with the wRHG. When I lived in Alaska I knew some guys where were loggers and participated in the Alaska Loggerman's Competition. 100% "normal" humans tossing around 800 pound logs, turbocharged chainsaws, and RUNNING STRAIGHT UP 100FT+ TREE TRUNKS. This is what "normal" humans can do when they put their minds to it. The human body, when actually trained to do what it is fully capable of doing, is hella awesome.

Don't knock humans. We are the cockroaches of humanoid beings -- drop a fucking nuke on us and someone is still gonna be around to say "fuck you." Put us in the wilderness and we'll make an empire. Put us in space and we'll study the universe. Put us in war and we'll wreak havoc. Put us in epidemics and we'll invent new cures. Put us in disasters and we'll develop new tech and survival skills. Beat our bones and we'll heal tougher. Strain our muscles and we'll end up stronger. Tax our immunities and we'll end up healthier.

Human's aren't glass canons. We're tanking AF beatsticks.
    My wRHG Char: The Fixer
    "oh fuck yeah, taco, you've been naughty" ~ Vorpal
    "" ~ Index

~Arch

~^^ENTER THE TUNNEL^^~

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaeus View Post
    See, I don't really agree with this. Normal humans are fucking badass tough-as-nails endurance freaks of the natural world. We can put up with more punishment than just about any other creature and keep on kickin'. Modern society might not be a good measure of this, when half of western folks are these plush AF ninnies who think that Gold's Gym membership actually make them tough. You meet someone who actually does hard labor for a living, or who is a devoted outdoorsman, and there is a toughness there that is perfectly in keeping with the wRHG. When I lived in Alaska I knew some guys where were loggers and participated in the Alaska Loggerman's Competition. 100% "normal" humans tossing around 800 pound logs, turbocharged chainsaws, and RUNNING STRAIGHT UP 100FT+ TREE TRUNKS. This is what "normal" humans can do when they put their minds to it. The human body, when actually trained to do what it is fully capable of doing, is hella awesome.

Don't knock humans. We are the cockroaches of humanoid beings -- drop a fucking nuke on us and someone is still gonna be around to say "fuck you." Put us in the wilderness and we'll make an empire. Put us in space and we'll study the universe. Put us in war and we'll wreak havoc. Put us in epidemics and we'll invent new cures. Put us in disasters and we'll develop new tech and survival skills. Beat our bones and we'll heal tougher. Strain our muscles and we'll end up stronger. Tax our immunities and we'll end up healthier.

Human's aren't glass canons. We're tanking AF beatsticks.
    I don't have anything to say except you win Congratulations. Also, if any of what you said is true, and I believe it is, that's impressive.
    Last edited by Urako; 04-16-2017 at 11:02 AM.
    I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

I am a self-proclaimed wRHG fight instigator.

Here is my wRHG character Dozer!

Quote Originally Posted by Urako View Post
    I don't have anything to say except you win Congratulations.
    I agree, thanks Alph! Yeah, and think, Abbas has lived for five thousand years! He's absurdly, ridiculously experienced!

Spoiler for Supports:
    Am I Available For Battle? Nope! Not at all... The life of an author never stops...

Just as Planned. 969_DoomsDruid_969's Avatar
    Neat.

Just neat.

I can foresee neat shit emanating from the character like the smell of delicious steak-and-cheese footlongs emanates from a Subway restaurant every goddamn time I pass one.

But no seriously, good shit.

I am a quality shitposter(and Magnificent Bastard). You, on the other hand, are a shit-quality poster.

Spoiler for Writing Motto:

Spoiler for me:

(made a wRHG)
    (wants to join a clan for the time being)

Quote Originally Posted by 969_DoomsDruid_969 View Post
    But no seriously, good shit.
    Wow Dooms, haven't seen you around for a while. By my standards anyway, wasssssupppp?

Spoiler for Supports:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information