StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: *Vague City: People and Places

Heh, I hope you guys know you don't actually have to refer to it as Vague City! I just do that because I've never dropped its actual name

Writer
    I'm trying to express the following sentiment(I love this and would add to it, but I need a character's license) without sounding like a salty bitch. Anyone got pointers?
    Dooms I feel like I should point out something to you here;

A character's only really rubbish when nobody wants to fight them, that's when you basically have to make a new one. I'd say that perhaps in your case this is true, but people have expressed the desire to battle you and your character in the past, yet you've turned them down. So you not having this supposed "character's license" is really completely of your own doing. If you wanna be official, just challenge some people. If everyone turns you down, then you need to do some more rewriting. But at this rate, I doubt literally everyone will turn you down for a battle.

Also, I'm not entirely sure as to what this thread is (I'm sorry Dan but I seriously can't wrap my head around your phrasing this time), but I believe it's just a dump for people to throw stuff they reference in their stories, so other could possibly reference it too in their own. If you want you can just throw something out there, there's no problem with it being here because ultimately everyone ends up choosing for themselves whether they use it or not.

EDIT ; Also Dan this will forever be Sierra Pines for me now, as EB pointed it out. So even if everyone else falls to the temptations of the Vague side, I will remain as a bastion of light forever defending Sierra Pines. Come at me plebs.
    Last edited by Vern; 04-24-2017 at 10:10 PM.

PSA: VAGUE CITY IS NOT MEANT TO BE AN ACTUAL NAME, DAMMIT

And yeah Vern, pretty much. Partially a battle tool and partially world building for the people who want to use it. If Writer A always has their gladdy in Beer and Babes Bar, a quick reference page would he an easy alternate than having to dig through all the stories to duck tape a profile for it together. Same deal for reoccurring side characters not explicitly listed on profiles

Quote Originally Posted by Crank View Post
    PSA: VAGUE CITY IS NOT MEANT TO BE AN ACTUAL NAME, DAMMIT
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamprina
    Alright dear, calm down. It just seemed...appropriate...to use, at the time. There will be a change if you wish hard enough though, trust me.
    I don't know if I completely agree with you there, Crank. I kind of like the name.
    "Where all other art fails to survive; only the ones that fight back will live."

My wRHG, Samael

Obviously The Healing Hands Clinic is going in here.

As is an assortment of NPCs, a museum, some other buildings, a pub, a pool hall, a café, a clock-shop, etc.

Also, just curious, but would anyone terribly mind if I wrote up a "general" city layout? I know a ton of use an old-town/down-town kind of theme, there have been references to a harbor, other references to an industrial section, etc, so that might be interesting (yes, I would keep things open-ended for customization).

Also, as for naming I personally just go with SP City. SP could stand for Sierra Pines, or the more typical Stickpage...or Sarsaparilla Pekinese. You never know. If I work with someone that has a naming conflict, I just try to avoid naming the city at all in that piece so that there isn't any over-lap.
    My wRHG Canon: The Remarkable Life of Altaer
    "oh fuck yeah, taco, you've been naughty" ~ Vorpal
    "" ~ Index
    Spoiler for More stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaeus View Post
    Obviously The Healing Hands Clinic is going in here.

As is an assortment of NPCs, a museum, some other buildings, a pub, a pool hall, a café, a clock-shop, etc.

Also, just curious, but would anyone terribly mind if I wrote up a "general" city layout? I know a ton of use an old-town/down-town kind of theme, there have been references to a harbor, other references to an industrial section, etc, so that might be interesting (yes, I would keep things open-ended for customization).

Also, as for naming I personally just go with SP City. SP could stand for Sierra Pines, or the more typical Stickpage...or Sarsaparilla Pekinese. You never know. If I work with someone that has a naming conflict, I just try to avoid naming the city at all in that piece so that there isn't any over-lap.
    I would mind. I have ideas for an airport, a very large mall, and a large business complex. I suppose though it depends on how open you keep things.
    I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

I am a self-proclaimed wRHG fight instigator.

Here is my wRHG character Dozer!

Return of Asshat Supreme 969_DoomsDruid_969's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphaeus View Post
    I'm online lol
    ANSWER MY PM DAMMNIT

I am a quality shitposter(and Magnificent Bastard). You, on the other hand, are a shit-quality poster.

Spoiler for Writing Motto:

Spoiler for me:

(made a wRHG)
    (wants to join a clan for the time being)

I always thought of Vague City, or whatever you want to call it, as a larger than average city. Maybe the size of Spokane Washington? Idk, something around that size. An airport, a ton of restaurants, etc.
    Spoiler for Stuff You Probably Don't Care About:

Spoiler for Supports:
    Am I Available For Battle? Nope

I always though it was something like New York, Vegas, or any of those large cities.
    I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

I am a self-proclaimed wRHG fight instigator.

Here is my wRHG character Dozer!

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamprina
    Alright dear, calm down. It just seemed...appropriate...to use, at the time. There will be a change if you wish hard enough though, trust me.
    Heh, when I bust out caps it's largely for sarcasm. I think it's hilarious I keep reading it, to be honest!

I've always seen it as a bit of a metropolis bordering an impressive forest, but still with suburbs on the side.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information