StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!

Thread: Where Oh Where is Little Old City?

Where Oh Where is Little Old City?

Sooo...

Just curious, but where do you guys place SP/Vague City?

I know there are a lot of "locations" we do mentally, but by and large I find that people tend to leave it...well...vague. For good reason.

In my canon it has always been kinda a sort of parallel dimension city. You can enter and exit just like a normal geographical location, but it tends to blend to where the individual believes it to be. It manifests in various areas, and can be said to exist in all of them simultaneously.

In essence, in addition to asking where you guys place it, I'm curious if just that one aspect I listed above could be more-or-less agreed upon as a defining characteristic of the city, because that would ensure that people's canons and stories could continue to meld without much trouble.

Not a mandatory thing, but just an unspoken agreement between writers.
    My wRHG Canon: The Remarkable Life of Altaer
    "oh fuck yeah, taco, you've been naughty" ~ Vorpal
    "" ~ Index
    Spoiler for More stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaeus View Post
    Sooo...

Just curious, but where do you guys place SP/Vague City?

I know there are a lot of "locations" we do mentally, but by and large I find that people tend to leave it...well...vague. For good reason.

In my canon it has always been kinda a sort of parallel dimension city. You can enter and exit just like a normal geographical location, but it tends to blend to where the individual believes it to be. It manifests in various areas, and can be said to exist in all of them simultaneously.

In essence, in addition to asking where you guys place it, I'm curious if just that one aspect I listed above could be more-or-less agreed upon as a defining characteristic of the city, because that would ensure that people's canons and stories could continue to meld without much trouble.

Not a mandatory thing, but just an unspoken agreement between writers.
    I place it on the coast connected to mountains, a desert, and a sprawling forest. (mainly because fights mainly take place in those environments if they aren't in the city.) The exact geography is irrelevant and as for all the made up countries, it connects to most of them like a dimensional gateway (a seamless one that you wouldn't be able to notice where one dimension ended and another began). Sort of like something on the edge of time.
    Last edited by Urako; 05-04-2017 at 08:45 AM.
    I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

I am a self-proclaimed wRHG fight instigator.

Here is my wRHG character Dozer!

Writer
    Spoiler for Sierra Pines as defined by Vern:

I haven't actualy thought of where mine is.

This must be remedied
    My Character test room
    Spoiler for Duelist:

Spoiler for RHG:

Spoiler for WRHG:

My Twitch Stream(For those of us who play video games)

Availability : Feel free to battle me.

I always seem to place mine somewhere in the Western coast area of the United States, depending on the character I'm using at the moment. For Riley and Levi I used primarily Seattle, and for Abbas I use Los Angeles.
    Spoiler for Stuff You Probably Don't Care About:

Spoiler for Supports:
    Am I Available For Battle? Yes! Come At Me!

Well, this may be late, but I normally place Vague in an unnamed island in the middle of one of the oceans (Probably the Atlantic).

That way, no one gets angry, or has anything screwed up by city placement.
    I keep my ideals, because in spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart.
    -Anne Frank

Mine's inside a painting of beautiful pastels. Autumn leaves falling and lining the peaceful streets of New York. It's windy and cozy and people are sitting on benches, gazing at a colorful ferris wheel where their kids are on. And there's lots of ice cream.

Thread Information